Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust

01604 634700 Cliftonville , Northampton, Northamptonshire, NN1 5BD

Helen smith gave Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Head and neck ward

All staff was fantastic and efficient was transferred from Milton Keynes for weekend. I received very good care in the 3 days in head and neck ward fantastic

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 04 December 2017

Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust replied on 05 December 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your experience of care on our head and neck ward. We will certainly pass on your comments to the team and wish you all the best for your recovery.

Anonymous gave Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Delivery and maternity care

I can not praise the midwifes,students and all the team for the care my daughter received .she had her first baby on the 5/12/17 it was a very difficult and long Labour .the midwife that was looking after her new baby on scbu was reassuring and calm .the midwifes who look after her during her Labour came to see here when they returned to work. the hca on Robert Watson ,when the baby came back from the scbu was so helpful if they're is a negative the sister on the admission part was sharp and not reassuring.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 06 December 2017

Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust replied on 07 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about the care your daughter and her baby received at NGH. We will pass all your comments on to the relevant teams so they are aware.

Brian Freeman gave Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Prostate cancer treatment

The staff were so friendly and helpfull, I would certainly recommend anyone to use the Oncology/Radiography dept if they had the choice. Many thanks

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 14 December 2017

Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust replied on 14 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We will make sure we pass on your kind words to the Oncology/Radiography Department.

Ayesha and Waqas gave Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Children outpatient

We just had an appointment with a doctor in Children outpatients. The doctor was absolutely amazing. They made me and my husband and my children feel so much at ease. The doctor did a very thorough examination. Truly impressed, thank you so much. I was worried about this appointment for a while but the doctor made us feel completely relaxed.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 08 November 2017

Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust replied on 08 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us your positive feedback. We will make sure we pass on your kind words to the Children's Outpatients department.

Anonymous gave Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust a rating of 1 stars

What a Muddle

My parent was admitted one day and we were told they would be in for about four days. The following day we were telephoned whilst in intensive care with our other parent and told they could come home. This was not possible as my other parent had also been admitted to a different hospital on the same day and we were converting a dining room into a downstairs bedroom. My parent did not eat for days before he was given extra care at mealtimes. We were pestered to get him home as he was taking up a bed and now we want him home because the bedroom is finished and the other parent is home we are told we can't! Mixed messages constantly from staff and no-one sure what is happening or when. In the meantime my parent is going downhill and we are desperate to have them home.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 16 November 2017

Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust replied on 20 November 2017

We're really sorry to hear about your experience and would ask that you contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS@ngh.nhs.uk or telephone 01604 545784). They will do all they can to assist you and sort out any problems as quickly as they can.

Sixty lady gave Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Excellent caring and efficient

I was referred to the Breast Care and General Surgery Team.
My appointment was on time and everything went smoothly throughout. The Consultant and their team were both professional and caring and I am very grateful for their attention and re-assurance. We are lucky to have this dedicated clinic, technology and scanning/mammography that our Mothers and Grandmothers did not have access to.

Thank you to all in the Trust.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 17 November 2017

Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust replied on 20 November 2017

Thank you for letting us know how you feel about the treatment and care you are receiving. Please don't hesitate to contact the team if you have any questions.

Anonymous gave Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust a rating of 2 stars

Bad day from start to finish.

Upon arrival I found that the car park was no longer available. I had to find a car parking space on the street. It was a long way from the hospital, I am disabled. Why could they not have told me that the car park was no longer in use so that I could have made other arrangments?

I arrived at reception where I waited for almost 10 minutes for a receptionist with no luck. I was later informed that the receptionists had "gone for a drink, everybody has to drink". When I left the hospital one hour later the reception desk was still unmanned. During my career the reception desks were never left unmanned. Why was reception unmanned and why do the receptionists all have to go for a drink at the same time?

I found my way to the departmental reception where I was told that I had to see another reception and then report back. I then got lost.

A kind member of staff told me the way to the required reception. I was not well received. The receptionist had no idea what was going on, blaming it on the computer.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 18 October 2017

Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust replied on 18 October 2017

We are very sorry to hear about your experience at the hospital today. We do always try and alert people when we have to make changes to car parking arrangements because we know this is important. If you would like to make contact with our patient advice and liaison service (PALS@ngh.nhs.uk or telephone 01604 545784) and discuss you concerns with them regarding reception arrangements they will be able to follow this up for you with the relevant departments and make them aware of the issues you have identified so they can be addressed.

Simon gave Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Hip surgery

So impressed with whole process. Only had to wait 14 weeks for hip replacement. Pre op session useful as well as session with surgeon, who explained everything well a week before the op. On admittance everyone came and saw me and explained what would happen. The op itself, without a full general anaesthetic was fine then the nurses looked after me so well and with great care for two nights. The physics soon got me moving and so felt confident to leave. Was surprised to have two visits at home from the Active Pathway team but reassuring. 10 days on am walking with one stick and still praising the amazing team at NGH. Thank you.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 21 October 2017

Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust replied on 23 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about the care you experienced at NGH. We will pass your comments on to the relevant teams so they are aware. You seem to be making excellent progress - well done!

Dobbin gave Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust a rating of 1 stars

Communication

Found NGH Oncology departments communication is to say the least really poor, had various calls from the same departments but everyone telling you different things, even had two appointments thinking they were different but in fact they were the same but with different Drs. It has left my wife and I soeachlealss

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 18 September 2017

Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust replied on 19 September 2017

We are sorry you found communication to be poor between departments. We have passed your feedback on to the oncology team so that they are aware of the matter. Our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS@ngh.nhs.uk or tel 01604 545784) is available to provide you with support and, if you wish, our patient experience lead, Rachel Lovesy (rachel.lovesy@ngh.nhs.uk) would be happy to meet with you to full understand the issues you have been faced with so that she can follow them up directly with the departments.

Michelle C gave Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust a rating of 1 stars

Mental health problems? - don't use NGH

I took a life threatening overdose on Friday night and was admitted to the Resus dept of A and E where I was treated fairly & given appropriate treatment that saved my life. After 12 hours I was transferred to EAU on the Saturday and was treated fairly by the staff on duty. However, come Sunday morning, the HCA on bay 1 went out of her way to ignore me, further adding to my distress. At 0800 she greeted the other 5 bay 1 lady patients with a 'good morning, how are you', but totally ignored me. Then after breakfast she asked the other 5 if they had towels and washing equipment or if they needed them, but again totally ignored me. Having already tried to commit suicide her actions just made me more depressed so I self discharged shortly afterwards.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 24 September 2017

Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust replied on 27 September 2017

We are sorry to hear that you felt you were ignored by a member of staff on EAU and that you felt you had to self-discharge. If you have any ongoing concerns regarding your care and treatment at NGH please get in touch with our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS@ngh.nhs.uk) and they will be happy to help. We hope that you have been able to access the support you need.