University Hospitals of North Midlands

01782 715 444 Royal Stoke University Hospital, Newcastle Road , Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, ST4 6QG

Elizabeth gave University Hospitals of North Midlands a rating of 5 stars

First class emergency care

On bank holiday Monday 5pm my family member attended the out of hours GP presenting with acute abdominal pain. The GP there contacted the Surgical Reg on call who agreed to see the patient. At 6.10pm we were on ward 101 as an emergency surgical patient at 6.35pm my family member had been assessed by a Dr, assessed by a nurse given pain relief and canulated. Over the next 14 hours they had been scanned, and as a result had emergency surgery. Communication was good. Staff lovely. On behalf of our family I would like to thank all staff on ward101 and 106 also the consultant and their team.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 04 September 2017

University Hospitals of North Midlands replied on 05 September 2017

I am very grateful to you for taking time to comment on your recent experience of our hospital. I will send your lovely compliment to the Senior Sisters on Wards 101 and 106 for them to share with their teams- I know they will very much appreciate your feedback.
I do hope your family member is recovering well following their time in hospital.
Rebecca Pilling, Quality Improvement Facilitator: Patient Experience

Julia Ryan gave University Hospitals of North Midlands a rating of 5 stars

Breast Care Services Superb

Having been recalled following a routine mammogram, I was naturally extremely anxious and fearful. I received not only wonderful care,empathy and compassion but super-efficient treatment.

Every single member of the team from reception onward, was empathic, gentle and kind. The outcome for me was positive but I have no doubt that, had I received bad news, their care and support would have been exemplary.

We hear all too often, negative comments about our NHS, but I have nothing but praise and admiration for the way in which I was treated.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 10 August 2017

University Hospitals of North Midlands replied on 15 August 2017

Your lovely comments regarding your experience of our hospital are very much appreciated; and I am so glad to read that the outcome for you was positive. I will share your kind words with the Breast Care Team... I know they will very happy to receive your compliments.

Anonymous gave University Hospitals of North Midlands a rating of 5 stars

A reluctant patient!

Very reluctant patient who sat in the car park until my wife went in to see she would be allowed to stay with me. However, staff remembered me from before and she was allowed.Thank you to the staff in the MRI dept who went out of their way to accommodate me.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 09 August 2017

University Hospitals of North Midlands replied on 15 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience. I will ensure your feedback is shared with the team in MRI- I know they will very much appreciate your lovely words.
The staff at our hospital work very hard to ensure our patient's and visitors are provided with excellent care, and they will always support and accommodate where it is possible. I am so pleased they were able to make your time here more comfortable.

sumo6988 reviewed University Hospitals of North Midlands

infected arm left for hours

My husband was on feau and needed his arm redressing from a injury caused by falling. The plastic surgery doctor wanted the arm redressed every 2 days with silver ag gauze and bandage. I informed member of staff about this at approx1. 15pm the arm was left with just a cover on, the staff tried numerous times to get tissue viability by phone or the bleep system to come and assess. When I left at7. 45pm they had still not got in touch or sent dressings. My husband is already fighting off an infection and I am just really concerned about him picking up more

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 06 July 2017 using Care Opinion

University Hospitals of North Midlands replied on 07 July 2017

I am so sorry to read of yours and your husbands experience on FEAU. As an organisation we really do strive to ensure our patients recieve a high quality of care at all times. As such, we would welcome the opportunity to look further into the issue you have raised. I would be very grateful if you could contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service on 01782 676451 or via email at patientadvice.uhnm@nhs.net to provide further information.
With kindest regards

Geoff gave University Hospitals of North Midlands a rating of 5 stars

Outpatient care

Couldn't have had better care anywhere the staff put me at ease explained everything and we're professional, efficient and thorough.
The experience was made even better due to the fact they did everything with a smile.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 20 July 2017

University Hospitals of North Midlands replied on 21 July 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your recent experience of our Outpatients Department. Our staff really do appreciate feedback such as yours and I will ensure I share your kind words with the Outpatients Teams.

Anonymous gave University Hospitals of North Midlands a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Service

My husband recently had to have emergency bowel surgery and from start to finish the service was excellent. Staff very kind, understanding, compassionate and committed to their jobs.
My husband would not be here now if not for the prompt/thorough investigative and finally the surgery received.
I cannot thank the team enough for their kindness to me, his family and obviously my husband.
I believe we would not have received better service if we had paid for it.
Big thanks to all involved.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 26 July 2017

University Hospitals of North Midlands replied on 27 July 2017

I am very grateful to you for taking the time to comment on your recent experience of our hospital. Our staff really do work hard to ensure all patients and visitors receive high quality care and very much appreciate knowing when they have got it right. I will forward your kind words to the Matron for surgery to share with her team.
I do hope your husband is recovering well following his surgery.

tina gibbs gave University Hospitals of North Midlands a rating of 5 stars

greatful

i want to thank all the staff at a&e for the wonderful care and attention they gave my husband yesterday. you all work so hard with professionalism and friendliness. WHAT WOULD WE DO WITHOUT NHS. THANK YOU.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 10 June 2017

University Hospitals of North Midlands replied on 02 August 2017

Thank you very much for commenting on your recent experience of our A&E. I will share your kind words with the Matron for A&E who will pass them on to the rest of the team.
I do hope your husband is recovering well following his visit.

david fenby gave University Hospitals of North Midlands a rating of 5 stars

The excellent care given to my wife whilst at Royal Stoke.

Whilst on holiday in June of 2017 my wife was taken into Royal Stoke Hospital requiring urgent care. This she received from all the staff in good measure, and we both convey our heartfelt thanks to all at the hospital.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 08 August 2017

University Hospitals of North Midlands replied on 10 August 2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to feedback on your experience of our hospital. I do hope your wife recovered well and you managed to continue with your holiday.
Our staff work very hard to ensure all our patients and visitors receive a high standard of care and it makes such a difference to them receiving lovely comments such as yours.
With kindest regards
Rebecca Pilling, Quality Improvement Facilitator: Patient Experience.

Malcolm griffiths gave University Hospitals of North Midlands a rating of 5 stars

treatment received at north Staffs hospital Malcolm griffith

Excellent treatment staff and the food wonderful nothing but praise for everybody at the hospital

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 30 June 2017

University Hospitals of North Midlands replied on 03 July 2017

Dear Mr Griffith,
Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on your recent experience. Feedback like yours makes such a difference to our staff morale- they really do work hard to ensure a high standard of care is provided and it's lovely to hear when we get it right.

CMS reviewed University Hospitals of North Midlands

ultra sound

I would like to report the outcome of my appointment for an ultra sound scan for which I had been anxiously waiting.
On arrival I was told that unfortunately there would be a 30 min delay because the staff were getting used to the new machine. So not only do we have a new Ultrasound machine at North Staffs University Hospital but also a PET Scanner. There are probably only 10 of these in the country and we have one in S-O-T.----How good is that?
A radiographer, a doctor, a nurse and a psychologist were all present when I had my scan-amazing service, and I was told immediately that I was all clear-- I am still walking on air.
Many thank to you all.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 08 June 2017

University Hospitals of North Midlands replied on 09 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this feedback. Excellent news that you have been given the all clear and that you found the appointment was such a good experience. I will share your posting with the team who I know will be delighted to receive it

Angela Grocott