East Cheshire NHS Trust

01625 421000 Macclesfield District General Hospital, Victoria Road , Macclesfield, Cheshire, SK10 3BL

Anonymous gave East Cheshire NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care

I was taking into A&E following a high temperature after my colonoscopy a few days earlier. I didnt think it was related but my colonoscopy discharge letter said to contact them if I had a high temperature which I did.

10 hours later (most of them in AAU)I was able to go home, after a lot of prodding, blood tests, x-ray and ECG as the medics had re-assured themselves my symptoms were probably just a virus and not related to the earlier colonoscopy.

I cannot appraise enough all the doctors, nurses, porters, reception staff and volounteers that operate at this hospital. Even though NHS is overloaded, under funded and under pressure - everyone I came in contact with was professional, caring and thorough in their jobs. Not at anytime did I feel in the way or insignificant. I was very comfortable being sent home knowing that they had done thorough examinations to assertain there was nothing more sinister going on. Special thanks to the nurses in AAU - you are superstars.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 23 March 2018

East Cheshire NHS Trust replied on 17 April 2018

Please accept our sincere thanks for taking the time to comment on your experiences while being cared for on the ward. It's great to hear you were so pleased with the service provided.

I will feed back your comments to the staff concerned and I'm sure it will mean a lot to them.

Anonymous gave East Cheshire NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic care

My mum Janet Barbenson has been an inpatient on ward 3 for nearly 3 weeks having been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer with mets. This has been a very difficult time for our family. My mum has commented on the excellent care which all the staff have provided. They have shown compassion and have supported her in all her health needs . They have also provided excellent support during some extremely difficult times. Ward 3 staff you should all be very proud of yourselves and thankyou for the excellent care you have provided to my mum

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 22 November 2017

East Cheshire NHS Trust replied on 16 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments concerning your care at Macclesfield Hospital. We will pass your comments on to the department concerned and I am sure your feedback will be very well received by our staff.

Thank you once again.

Jack Abode gave East Cheshire NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

The Paradox of caring too much

I visited East Cheshire NHS at the start of December last year having being referred for surgery by Cheshire and Wirral Partnership . I had my left forearm bone replaced with industrial piping. The procedure was done perfectly and i am beginning to feel more homely already. The Doctors and Nurses were extremely supportive and listened when i said steel line pipes have a higher resistance to corrosion. Ever since my visit i have become considerably more motivated and treat my body like the temple i am slowly modifying it into.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 19 January 2017