Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust

020 8333 3000 Trust Headquarters, University Hospital Lewisham, Lewisham High Street , London, SE13 6LH

Anonymous gave Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Paediatric diabetes team are amazing!

We have experienced the very best of the NHS from the team, from my daughter’s diagnosis in March through several visits outpatients. The consultant, specialist nurses and dietician have been kind, supportive and generally marvellous. They check in on email regularly. I can’t thank them enough.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 16 November 2018

Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust replied on 21 November 2018

We greatly appreciate people taking time to give feedback on our service and it’s lovely to receive such positive comments. Thank you so much, I’ve shared your feedback with the rest of the team.

Paediatric Diabetes Specialist Nurse

Anonymous gave at Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Juniper Ward

I cannot praise and thank the nurse and her team on this ward for making my Mother's stay so comfortable. The team did everything possible to reassure an elderly confused lady how much they cared.
Previous experiences in another hospital had been terrible so this really was a nice surprise as we expected the worse and got the best. Everyone was friendly from the Domestic Staff right the way through to the top. Time was made to reassure and has made a lasting impression with us and those who visited whilst she was there.
We have no hesitation in praising the teams here.

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 28 September 2018

Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust replied on 01 October 2018

The Head of Nursing for Surgery was delighted you and the family had such a positive experience within Juniper Ward. The whole team are committed to excellence and is always satisfying when patients and family take the time to thank us. We hope your Mother continues to recover and be assured this positive feedback is shared with all members of the Juniper team.

Best wishes

Karen Gardiner
Head of Nursing, Surgery, Anaesthetics & Critical Care, UHL site

Anonymous gave Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust a rating of 1 stars

Staff uncaring and uncompassionate for elderly mum

My elderly and frail 71 year old mum was admitted to the hospital after a fall with broken collar bone
She was put on the alder ward. She asked for help to go to the toilet. They said no you can go yourself
Which she had to do with great difficulty. She asked for help with washing herself and was told they where too busy too help. I understand the pressure our nhs staff are under. But being uncaring and uncompassionate about our elderly parents is unacceptable. After just 4 days on ward was sent home because they needed the bed. She was left on a chair for 5 hours waiting for a taxi.giving her sores. I would expect this treatment in a third world country not our nhs

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 20 April 2018

Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust replied on 03 May 2018

I am sorry to read your comments about your recent visit to Lewisham hospital. All of our staff are trained to carry out their duties with due care and professionalism. I do apologise that this has not been your experience on this occasion.

Please be assured that all your concerns you have raised are acknowledged. I will be highlighting the points you raised to the whole team by sharing your experiences with all staff so that we can learn from this with the aim of improving the future level of care we provide to our patients.

If you would like your concerns investigated further and receive a formal response please contact the Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS) team at Lewisham Hospital on 020 8333 3355.

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback.

Denise gave at Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust a rating of 4 stars

Cotton bud

Thankyou so much for removing the cotton bud lodged far down in my ear canal! The staff were very kind and much appreciated.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 22 March 2018

Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust replied on 22 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback on your treatment.

kind regards

Unbelievable services Lewisham hospital provided

I've done a CT scan on ENT department middle of January 2018 from my problem of not hearing properly in one of my ear. Is now gone 2 months and still not hear anything from the hospital.

Thousands of calls I've done tried to speak with someone on phone number 020 8333 3913 obviously, not successful.
I've called the receptionist of Lewisham Hospital, nothing they can do either, they keep transfer me to the number above which doesn't exist or no one pick up the phone.

Many times I've said to the people who I spoken I JUST NEED MY SCAN RESULTS. I don't expect any treatment from the hospital (even if I have to), I just need to get my results.

I'm not asking for nothing else.

I am deeply disappointed with the NHS service at Lewisham Hospital. No one seems to care and help me on find out the correct person the get the results, just transferring to an "unknown department".

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 12 March 2018

Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust replied on 12 March 2018

We apologise that you were unable to get through to the ENT Secretaries. The number you need to dial is 020 8333 3193. If the secretary is on the telephone then you can leave a message as all voice mail messages are cleared every day. Your details will be added to the results clinic where a member of the Consultants Team will contact you with regards to your results.

Yours sincerely

Cheryl Barson, Medical Secretary Manager

Anonymous gave Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust a rating of 2 stars

Sadly lacking in many areas

Both my partner and I have been treated at LGT in the past few months. My husband was seriously ill and could have died. He was left for hours in a&e with no treatment and then when finally admitted was ignored for hours on the ward too. Eventually someone noticed that he was extremely unwell and started the treatment that should have been started many hours before. I had to phone and harass the Doctors constantly for them to review him. If I hadn’t I truly believe he wouldn’t be here now.
Obviously I have complained but I have not had a reply yet.
I was treated for a rare condition and had surgery. Again it took months for the diagnosis to be made. I presented at a&e several times and went to the clinic via my GP several more times. Each time I was told that my pain and other symptoms were normal. Eventually I had a scan and finally I was diagnosed properly. That process took around 4 months. This delay meant that my condition was far more advanced than it would have been had I been diagnosed earlier. This meant that I had to have intrusive and painful treatment and am still suffering.
I fully understand that money is limited and there are more patients than can be accommodated. But I feel that LGT has failed me and my partner recently.
Some staff are wonderful but far too many are complacent and appear uncaring.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 09 November 2017

Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust replied on 14 November 2017

I am sorry to read your comments about your recent visits to the A&E Department and subsequent care on the wards at Lewisham Hopsital. All of our staff are trained to carry out their duties with due care and professionalism. I do apologise that this has not been your experience on this occasion.
Please be assured that all your concerns you have raised are acknowledged. I will be highlighting the points you raised with the A&E and inpatient ward staff by sharing your experiences with all staff them so that we can learn from this with the aim of improving the future level of care we provide to our patients.

As I do not have your full details I am unable to request a response to your complaint concerns. If you would like to get this investigated fully you can contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 0208 333 3178.

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback.

Anonymous gave at Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust a rating of 2 stars

help

Had a operation recently for cholesteatoma. ended up having tympanoplasty
excision of reaction pocket of tympanic ( procedure)
EUA PNS- examination under anaesthetic of postnasal space
ossiculoplasty using artificial prosthesis
atticotomy of ear. Surgery went wonderful and no issues. After care team was not so good. 3 hours i waited to be sent home, was not offered any food, tea and had to wait 20 mins for a small cup of water.

When finally being discharged i was given some ear drops and tablets. Was not explained to me how to take care of my ear, when my follow up appointment is or any other details. I do not know if i should keep cotton in my ear or not. The pain hasn't gone away after 4 days and hurts just as much at the beginning. No idea who to call for any kind of reassurance or general help.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 01 September 2017

Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust replied on 11 September 2017

We are very disappointed to hear about your negative experience here at Lewisham hospital . Ms Wilkinson Service Manager for ENT has spoken with the Consultant regarding the information that should have been made available. We will work with the teams to ensure this information is provided to all patients on discharge.

To discuss your case further please contact Sophia Facey, Complaints Co-ordinator, Surgery, sophiafacey@nhs.net

Thank you for taking the time to give feedback.

Laura Wilkinson
Service Manager ENT, Ophthalmology & Access

Anonymous gave Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust a rating of 1 stars

you could not make this up

I am currently residing in Mulberry Ward.
At about 9.15 this evening porters unplugged my bed and wheeled me to xray.On returning porters placed the bed back in position but did not plug it in or test it before they left.
My wife plugged the bed in and discovered it lockedin the highest position.Nurses called the porters but received no reply.
This is cearly a health and safety issue.It is unacceptablle that this has not been resolved after an hour a half and is preventing me fron going to sleep.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 20 July 2017

Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust replied on 27 July 2017

I am very sorry to hear about your experience at Lewisham Hospital. Unfortunately without your details I cannot identify the staff member you spoke to, I will however share this with the staff on the ward to make them aware. If you would like to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact me - Tel: 02083333000 ex 8955 /8935 or email pals.lewisham@nhs.net.

Mary Nwosa
Ward Sister
Mulberry Ward
University Hospital Lewisham

Thames anti natal care

Service is very windy washy, given contradicting information on each visit and notes never match experience. Never given explanation of what is written or recorded. Have had to seek alternative support via gp practice and hospital.
Missed important advice and checks such as get and additional growth scan. Midwife are not polite or friendly and never seem to be on time then rush you through appointment.
I would say hospital staff have been fantastic. Unfortunately community team are not.
They also never listen to recommendations or follow up on checks.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 12 May 2017

Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust replied on 17 May 2017

Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust Maternity Services would like to express their sincere apologies that your experience of the community midwifery service did not meet your expectations.

The Trust expects all staff to provide high quality compassionate woman centred care. Your comments will be fed back to the community teams to enable them to make the requisite changes so that all patients feel they have been well cared for.

Our sincere apologies again.

Melinda Bird
Midwifery Matron for ANC, Community and Greenwich Birth Centre,

Insectinearlady! gave at Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Great service

Visited ENT dept. First ever visit to Lewisham hospital. Arrived 9.30am for a 10.10 appointment but was on the bus home by 10.05! Very speedy and efficient. Seemed like people were being called in every few minutes to me which is good. I was very relieved to be rid of the insect which had been lodged in my ear for 4 days and which 2 other hospital urgent care centres had been unable to remove. The 2 staff members I saw explained everything thoroughally and went one step further in advising on a separate ENT issue.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 16 May 2017

Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust replied on 17 May 2017

Thank you for your feedback, I will make sure this is passed on to the team.

I am very happy to hear that you had a positive experience and we were able to help you where others were not.

Laura Wilkinson