The Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust

01902 307999 New Cross Hospital, Wolverhampton Road, Heath Town , Wolverhampton, WV10 0QP

sammy90 gave The Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust a rating of 1 stars

my 2 half year old been took off the mri waiting list

my two and a half year old as been waiting since 10 months old for a MRI scan as he has GGD and cannot talk or walk and has the understanding of a 10 month old the first referral went missing in 2017 so in may his paediatric consultant sent a second referral letter which I have a copy of when ringing in June and august was told he was on the waiting list on all his development plans with the different services he's under they all have written awaiting mri results until today I rang to update the mri section my son has developed these absent seizures was I was told my son is no longer on the waiting list I'm fuming I was no notified when asked for valid reason cannot give me one I feel my son is being neglected by this service and will be making a complaint.

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 11 September 2018

The Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust replied on 12 September 2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to post comments regarding your patient experience.

I am sorry for any distress this matter has caused. To enable us to look further into your concerns, I would be grateful if you could contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 01902 695362 or rwh-tr.PALS@nhs.net who can assist further.

LMW gave The Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust a rating of 1 stars

Feel let down

I have previously given a 5 star review for New Cross but after my last appointment I feel totally let down. I felt as if my concerns were not taken on board especially my medication which I worry about. I had to complain to get an appointment in the first place. It became quite apparent during the consultation that i was wasting my time after travelling over an hour to get there. There was no examination. No file in front of the consultant despite my knowing full well all scans and reports had been forwarded to the hospital as it was a requirement for me getting an appointment. The consultant kept telling me I could have a second opinion not once not twice but on several occasions. I knew what was happening. I was being fobbed off as if I were nothing, that i didn't matter and it didn't matter I was suffering. Distraught is not the word. #feel very let down.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 08 August 2018

Deputy Head of Patient Experience & Public Involvement, The Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust replied on 14 August 2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to post comments regarding your recent patient experience.
I am sorry for any distress this matter has caused. To enable us to look further into your concerns, I would be grateful if you could contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 01902 695362 or [rwh-tr.PALS@nhs.net](mailto:rwh-tr.PALS@nhs.net) who can assist further.

Fish gave The Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust a rating of 3 stars

Very disapointed

My husband has been receiving treatment for an eye condition at new cross hospital for approx 2 years . Since his last visit he has began to have problems with his eye , he rang and was told to go to a& e which we did . We were kept waiting for 3 hours and was told when I enquirer after 2 hours that there were 2 people in front of us . However after seeing people come and go after us I began to get somewhat angry. I asked the receptionist why we had been kept waiting so long which was now getting on for 3 hours and the same answer was given ( there are 2 in front of you . How can it take 3 hours for 2 eye nurses to access 3 people . However we decided enough was enough and went to the eye referral unit and once again was told we would have to go back to a&e and we would have probably lost our slot lol . We were then told that we would be seen at referral unit only to get ignored at reception and 3 nurses chatting away . If a&e were supposedly busy then surely those nurses could have been sent to help out in a&e instead of chatting away . We went home with no help there and told to ring back on Tuesday if it got worse ! I couldn't speak highly enough of new cross before please advise me why now I'm not very happy at all .

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 12 July 2018

The Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust replied on 16 July 2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to post comments regarding your Husband's patient experience.

I am sorry for any distress this matter has caused. To enable us to look further into your concerns, I would be grateful if you could contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 01902 695362 who can assist further.

Anonymous gave at The Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Response to my voicemail message

I left a message on the voicemail as I was not due for an appointment any time soon, but have been suffering more than usual. I got a call back a few days later but couldn't take the call as I was at work. Within a few days more I got a text message and a letter providing me with an appointment within about a week. As it happens I had to re-arrange, as we were due to go on holiday on the day of the appointment, so I texted REBOOK and have been given an appointment for the following week. I am very impressed with how this has worked for me and I could not have had better service if I was paying privately. Thank you to whoever picked up my message and acted on it, and well done the NHS.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 18 June 2018

The Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust replied on 20 June 2018

I will share your comments with our staff and wish you well.

Elizabeth Mills gave The Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic treatment from Gastroenterology

On Thursday 15th February I was admitted as an emergency patient with severe abdominal bleeding. I had previously had treatment for this but unfortunately it was unsuccessful. I was lucky enough to be seen by the doctor who immediately insisted on further endoscopic investigations. He organised this in a very rapidly and efficient matter consistently putting my mind at ease. During the procedure he fully diagnosed the extent of the condition and immediately set out to correct the problems. Throughout the endoscopy he was very calm and kind and although it was painful at times he explained exactly what him and the other doctors were doing.

So far, none of my previous symptoms have returned and I truly hope I am on the road to full recovery. I wish to thank the doctor for his care and compassion. He is truly an asset to the hospital.

Kindest regards, Elizabeth Mills

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 19 February 2018

The Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust replied on 19 February 2018

I will share your comments with our staff and wish you well with your recovery.

LouiseW gave The Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Doctor was brilliant!

I attended the pain clinic after 5 years of being given the runaround by two supposedly top hospitals.

The parking is very close to where I needed to be which was great since I have mobility problems. I waited slightly over my appointment but it didn't bother me as I had a book.

When i went into see the doctor I was at the end of my tether. When I left I had hope. The doctor was very thorough in their assessment and explained everything to Kevin a way i could understand. A nicer doctor I have not come across. They were a star even when I cried over them. This doctor is a real credit to the hospital and to the NHS. More importantly they gave me faith in a system I had despaired of. They made no false promises. The doctor had a nurse who attended with them who was also so caring. You could tell that it was not just a job but a vocation. I didnt feel i was rushed in any way. I left with all my questions asked and a program of action. I entered his office in despair. When I left I had hope.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 25 October 2017

The Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust replied on 10 November 2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments regarding your recent patient experience.

I will share your comments with our staff and wish you well with your recovery.

Nigel Pearson reviewed The Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust

Thank you for a most professional service

I came in yesterday (7 September 2017) to Appleby for a kidney biopsy. Everything about my day stay was friendly and handled in a most professional manner. The only negative was actually a positive - the time I had to remain before I was discharged. My attempts at early release were quite rightly thwarted. Best wishes to all and I would recommend New Cross to anyone needing medical care and support. Sincerely, Nigel Pearson

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 08 September 2017

The Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust replied on 21 September 2017

Dear Nigel Pearson
Thank you for for taking the time to post your comments relating to your recent patient experience. I will share your comments with our staff and wish you well.

Anonymous gave at The Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Excellent

Very clean ward, kept us up to date with my nan regarding any moves etc. Nurses were always kind and caring and so so busy.. really respect the effort these guys put in

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 25 August 2017

The Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust replied on 29 August 2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments relating to your nan's recent patient experience. I will share your comments with our staff and wish your nan well with her recovery.

Mel Davis reviewed at The Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust

Brilliant

I am one of those people that actually sends positive feedback when I am pleased with the service, which then gives me licence to send negative feedback when I am not pleased. However, the feedback again this time is very very positive. I was seen yesterday at Cannock Hospital by a member of staff in the Urology department. This member of staff and a colleague, were absolutely brilliant with my consultation yesterday, Tuesday 18th July , at 2:30pm. They were both absolutely lovely in their manner, execution of duty, and professional etiquette, in dealing with aspects of the body that can be, (to some people) quite private, that I applaud them for their first rate informative consultation. Thank you both. If anyone is due to attend Cannock Urology department, do not worry one little bit, you will receive all the dignity possible. Yours very gratefully, Mel Davis

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 19 July 2017

The Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust replied on 31 July 2017

Dear Mel Davis
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments relating to your recent patient experience at Cannock Chase Hospital.
I will share your comments with our staff and wish you well!

STEPHEN PAINTAIN gave The Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Full Hip replacement at cannock hospital 17 may

I attended cannock hospital 17 may for for hip opperation.
I was very nervous about it and worried.
From the moment i arrived.
The staff soon got me under control and stopped me getting worked up.
Reassurred me everything would be ok.
Operation was over and my 4 days stay was excellent. And excellellent service from every level of staff.
Who are a credit to our NHS.
Nothing was to much trouble.
Anx everybody worked as a team.
And having been techniacal team leader for 20 years know that your only as good as the people around you.
Just like say great big thanks to everyone for looking after me
KR
Stephen Paintai

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 22 May 2017

The Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust replied on 24 May 2017

Dear Stephen Paintain
Thank you very much for taking the time to post our comments relating to your recent patient experience.
I will share your comments with our staff and wish you well with your recovery!