Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust

0115 969 1169 Trust Headquarters, City Hospital campus, Hucknall Road , Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, NG5 1PB

Anonymous gave Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust a rating of 1 stars

Bad follow on treatment for cemo when moved was canceld .

Bad follow up treatment after moving from toggle ward to reabilatation.canceled cemo and no date set to to be done again .make sure keep a dairy when treatment starts and your love one gets it ! Felt cemo let us down badly we love our mum and want the best chance ever for her ..sure they would want the same for their own .

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 03 October 2017

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 04 October 2017

I’m sorry that you feel there were shortcomings with your mother’s care and for the distress this caused you and your family. I have shared your concerns with the Matron, who is back in the Trust tomorrow. Would you be able to contact me to provide more details so we can look into this further? You can contact me on 0115 924 9924 ext. 66623 or email sarah.kennedy@nuh.nhs.uk.

Sarah Kennedy.
Patient Experience Officer.

Annieash reviewed Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust

My mammogram appointment

I arrived for my mammogram appointment on time feeling a little anxious. I was asked to go straight in to the examination room by the radiographer. They didn't say hello or introduce themselves. I was told to change behind the door and asked to close it to- which I did. Without hardly speaking to me they went through the routine of positioning me around the xray machine. I felt I was just another patient/puppet being ruffled around almost. They weren't very gentle I felt. They did not attempt to engage with me at all. There was only me there - so there was no one waiting. I work with people & families - I would like to think that I would at least try to even just pass the time of day with them so cannot understand why this radiographer was 'robot like' with me. Am I missing something here-is it just the way it is?

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 22 August 2017 using Care Opinion

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 23 August 2017

Thanks for leaving your feedback. I am sorry to hear that our staff didn’t welcome you or introduce themselves as they should or make you feel at ease when you attended for your recent appointment. It would be helpful if you could make contact with me so I can look into this further and so we can learn from your experience. My number is: 0115 969 1169 ext. 56881

Best wishes,

Leanne Calderwood, Radiography Manager.

Carroll Anderson gave at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

total thyroidoctomy

Hi had a total thyroidoctomy carried out by a doctor on 4 July 2017...this doctor has a very good bedside manner and has the ability to make you feel at ease and also explains what they are going to do and asks if you have any questions. ..and listens!!. Alll the staff during my sray were very caring and professional. Thank you Carroll Anderson

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 09 August 2017

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 10 August 2017

Thank you Carroll. I’ve shared your feedback with the Head and Neck team.

Best wishes
Keith Knox
Matron, Head & Neck

Jim Lowe gave Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

CityHospital, department of elective orthopaedics. New knee

I received a new left knee on 20th April, everything went according to plan and I was then admitted to Edward 2 ward to recover. All of the pre operation information and attention went according to plan and I received a group of booklets regarding before and after the operation behaviour. I was very well informed and very well looked after. While on the ward I was well fed and had plenty of opportunity for sleep. Nights were quiet.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 25 April 2017

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 27 April 2017

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your feedback. I’m glad to hear you felt well informed and well looked after throughout your stay. I’ve shared your kind words with my colleagues on Edward 2.

Best wishes.
Louise Challens
Matron, Elective Orthopaedics

Peter Bown gave Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Feedback

I would like to place on record my thanks and appreciation for the excellent treatment afforded to me by my whole Team in treating a particularly difficult foot ulcer. The level of professionalism, courtesy and expertise shown at all times was a reflection of the overall all care and consideration in achieving treatment with skill and empathy with the interests of patient comfort and well being at all times.
It is people like these who uphold the values of the NHS at a time when there is,sadly, all too much negative comment.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 24 May 2017

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 25 May 2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave such lovely feedback. We are very pleased to hear of your recent positive experience in our hospital. I have passed your wonderful feedback onto the staff and they send their thanks and best wishes for the future.

Warmest regards,

Wendy Longley

Carol Gooch reviewed Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust

I would like to thank all the staff involved in my care . The paramedics and the cardiac team on Morris ward at Nottingham City Hospital Campus have been incredible . Their expertise efficiency and care have been exceptional. I could not have received better care. Sincere thanks

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 21 May 2016

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 23 May 2016

Hi Carol.
Thanks so much for dropping us a line. I’ve shared your feedback with staff on Morris Ward and with our partners at East Midlands Ambulance Service (EMAS). Should you wish to contact EMAS directly you can do so at: emas.pals@nhs.net.

You might be interested to know that nominations for our staff awards open today. You can find full details on our website www.nuh.nhs.uk.

Thank you once again.

Lesley Eddy.
Ward Manager, Morris Ward.

Anne gave at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Internal referral over looked now 15 weeks wait in pain

Been attending this department most of my life excellent department.
Was seen by a pleasant consultant on Friday 26th February 2016 regarding another matter when I mentioned chronic ear ache.was advice significant caries in unerupted lower left third molar which is probably causing the symptoms.They were referring me to other colleagues waiting time 5 /6 weeks.
2nd March received a letter confirming.
Waited 5 weeks phoned to check appointment wasn't lost in post lovely person confirming referral send and advice me to contact the other department direct whichI I did to be told didnt receive referra i explain it was internal and could they check again and speak to Secretary who dealt with as I was in pain. Received a call next day with a appointment on 9 June 2016 and was told didnt receive referral until 6 th April 2016 ( the day I query where my appointment was ) .
No fault of my own have to 15 weeks for treatment longer than its states on this website for referrals from your own gp
Very disappointed with appointment system

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 08 April 2016

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 08 April 2016

I’m so sorry to hear of the problems with your referral. I can look into this for you would like? Should you wish me to do so, you can contact me on keith.knox@nuh.nhs.uk or call 0115 9249924 ext. 64127.

Your kind words about our staff are greatly appreciated.

Best wishes,
Keith Knox.
Matron, Head and Neck.

Peter Firth gave Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic support during birth of our first child

We had amazing support from all departments during the birth of our son here at QMC in December of 2015. From the ABC Ward, induction lounge, labour suite, surgical team, A23 and neonatal wards, every person involved was a credit to the NHS. Thank you :)

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 07 June 2016

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 08 June 2016

Congratulations on the birth of your son! I’m delighted to hear you felt the quality of care was good throughout your stay. I’ve shared your feedback with the various teams you mention.

In case you weren’t aware, you might like to know that nominations are open for our annual staff NUHonours awards. If you wanted to nominate any of the staff or teams you mention you can do so via our website: http://www.nuh.nhs.uk/nuhonours/ (your nomination would fall under the family health division for individual staff or team of the year for staff teams).

Best wishes to you and your son,

Alison Atkinson.
Head of Midwifery and Clinical Lead for Women’s Services.

Anonymous gave at Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust a rating of 1 stars

Sent home at 2:30am still in pain

Not only was I sent home crying in pain at 2:30am, but I made it clear to the doctor that was seeing to me that I had no key to my house, it was with my grandma.. Who at 2:30am was asleep at her own house looking after my 5 year old child while I was being "cared for"

Absolutely disgusted with this level of care. No one was concerned for where I might be sleeping after leaving the hospital, and I wasn't sure what I was meant to arrange for that time whilst still being in a considerable amount of pain too.

Natasha.

Visited in November 2015. Posted on 23 November 2015

Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 23 November 2015

We're sorry to hear that this was your experience. We would like to know more about your visit to our hospital, when you came in and where you were treated. This will help us to see where we need to make changes and where we can do better. If you would like to discuss your concerns further with us, please send us an email to nuhcommunications@nuh.nhs.uk.