St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

020 8672 1255 St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Blackshaw Road, Tooting , London, SW17 0QT

Dee Cottee gave St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Patient - Atkinson Morley Wing, St Georges 26/4/18

I was admitted to Atkinson Morley on 26/4/18 for the removal of a non-malignant Pituitary tumour. As you can imagine it was a very scary knowing you were going to face brain surgery. Thanks to the overwhelming care and skills of the surgeon (Neuro) and a member of staff (ENT) the operation was a success. From surgery I entered ICU in Atkinson Morley and for 3days was given the utmost professional care and kindness from all the staff. I was transferred afterwards to Brodie Ward and again the professionalism of the nurses and doctors was just over and above what you would expect. Even though these nurses work so hard nothing was too much trouble and even the cleaning and catering staff made your stay that much easier by being cheery and kind. So have no doubt if you find yourself in my situation know that you will receive their utmost care and professionalism!! I personally cant thank them enough. Angels in Uniform thats what they are.

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 05 May 2018

St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 24 May 2018

Thank you Dee for passing through your feedback in relation to your experiences of care received at the Atkinson Morley Wing. We are pleased to hear about the care you received from services was of high standard throughout your time in hospital.

As as Trust we welcome all comments and feedback about our services to assist us in improving our services for better patient experiences. I have shared your comments with the staff involved in your care who will be happy to know you were pleased with the level of care received,

We wish you all the best in your recovery.

Patient Advice and Liaison Service Manager

Anonymous gave St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Patient Neurology Hot Clinic / Kent Ward

I wanted to extend a big thanks to the fantastic Consultants and Nursing staff for their exceptional care during my diagnosis and stay at the hospital.

I was diagnosed with GBS early March. The doctor was very thorough and promptly identified the issue, he was very excellent at making sure that all the relevant tests are carried out on an urgent basis since my condition was progressing fast.

After my admission initially in the Richmond Ward for IVIG treatment, I was very well looked after by the nursing staff. I was moved to Kent ward after the initial treatment and the nursing staff there was exceptionally kind, professional and helpful.

Many thanks again to the Dr. his team and the nursing staff at Kent and Richmond wards for their kind care and help during a very tough time for myself and my family.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 24 May 2018

St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

LT gave St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

One-off Antenatal Appt

Today's experience has made me realise what a godsend both the service and staff are at my actual GP practice and St Georges Hospital.

Went to Trevelyan House for my combined screening blood test which for some people is quite a nerve wracking experience anyway. I waited 10 minutes for the receptionist to show up. She was quite patronising on how to fill in a very simple form. Whilst waiting, other patient's information was being shouted in loud conversation between colleagues for the waiting room to hear in stereo which I think as highly unprofessional conduct.

My appointment was 25 minutes later than booked but no acknowledgement of this delay. Although I understand appointments can run behind, I am accustomed to delays at least being noted.

The woman who called me in was cold and there was no introduction to who she was. No warmth, no smile, no welcome. I have no idea who she was and she made no attempt to let me know. She did not try to put my mind at rest - again as a patient this is something I am not accustomed to. If she was a midwife, a doctor, a practice nurse I would not know. She spoke to me in a rude way about information I was not informed I had to bring. She went on to mislead me into ticking a part of the blood form I didn't need to tick (unethical practice) and she spoke to me with her back turned to me.

The only thing I can say in the venue's favour is it appeared to be clean if a little worn. This afternoon was an awful experience and if I need bloods taken away from my usual practice or hospital I will request another venue to avoid this one. Awful!

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 11 January 2018

St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Mee gave St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Acknowledgment

My husband took our daughter to the trust in november 2017 and she was given a responsive care. She said the nurses were so caring and they gave her a sticker as well. She always talks about it. What really made the difference is when the doctor went the extra mile to call and found out what has been given to her already, so that they would know what to give her.
I think they have an excellent reputation n healthcare. St George's is the best

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 27 March 2018

St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 24 April 2018

Please accept my apologies for the delay in responding to your feedback about the care services provided at St George's Hospital. We are pleased that your daughter experienced a responsive care from the staff involved.

We very much value all feedback from our patients and families and on your behalf have shared these with both the managers and staff who will be delighted to hear of your experience.

Thank you again.

Yours sincerely,

Patient Advice and Liaison Service Manager

Karl VB gave St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Great service from St. Georges A and E

On 20th November 2017 I saw my GP with a Urological problem who advised me to go straight to St. Georges A+E. She phoned ahead and spoke to the Urologist on call to ask if he would be able to see me, which he confirmed. The overall process worked really well and within an hour of arrival I was called in to the treatment area. I received caring and effective treatment from the on call the Urologist who couldn't have been more compassionate and reassuring. I found the Urologist to be extremely personable and professional and I appreciated the time he took to discuss things with me.
My experience of this visit reminded me that the NHS and its staff are always there when we need them and I for one am grateful that they are.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 21 November 2017

St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 05 December 2017

We would like to thank you for your positive comments about the care services provided at St George's Hospital. We are pleased that you found the Trust's A&E provision and urologist's care to be of high standard. We value you sharing your feedback with us and have shared these with both the managers and staff who will be delighted to hear of your experience.

We always welcome all comments and feedback about our services which assist us in improving our services for better patient experience.

Yours sincerely,

Patient Advice and Liaison Service Manager

Can't fault team or service

After visiting other a and e 3 times and getting very poor service and still awaiting results, I took myself off to St. George's, can not fault them they are doing everything they can to sort me out, the staff are marvellous and do a nice line in being cruel to be kind. And they don't take it personally when I was cursing and swearing in pain.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 30 September 2017

St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 20 October 2017

Thank you for passing through your recent feedback in relation to your experiences of care received from St George's A&E Department. We welcome all comments and feedback about our services which, assist us in improving our services for better patient experiences.

We have shared your comments with the A&E Team who will be happy to hear you were satisfied with both staff attitude and care and treatment you received.

Patient Advice and Liaison Service Manager

Lizzie Jones gave at St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Wonderful consultants

I had an operation on a T9/T10 calcified disc. The team of neurosurgeons were absolutely wonderful and I will always be very grateful to them. They were friendly and informative when I met with them.

I had a longer than expected stay on the Brodie ward. I thought the staff worked hard but I did have quite long waits to receive pain relief from nurses. I believe that this highlighted a general lack of staff which is a wider problem and not the fault of individuals on the Atkinson Morley wing.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 21 November 2017

Thank you for passing through your recent feedback in relation to your experiences of care experienced from our Neurosurgery staff. We welcome all comments and feedback about our services which, assists us in improving our services for better patient experiences.

We have shared your comments with staff who will be happy to hear you were satisfied with the level of care received, and wish you all the best in your recovery.

Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) Manager

Fernando Oliveira gave St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

excellent service!

In our day and age our expectations of any service are always extremely high. When it comes to health care, us service users are always very quick to make ourselves heard whenever for one reason or another somehow our Extremely high and sometimes misinformed expectations aren't met. Well, I think we should be as quick to praise a job well done. Today a friend of mine attended the emergency department at st Georges Hospital and thereafter was looked after in the AAA unit. The staff were tireless and always went out of their way to provide the best care. We are deeply grateful

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 03 May 2017

St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 04 May 2017

It is great pleasure to read your comments on the care your friend received from the emergency department and the AAA team at St George's Hospital. Thank you for taking time to post your comment and it will be sent to the Managers for feedback to the staff.

Noel Danso gave at St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Humbled

The nurses and HCAs on Kent Ward are indescribable. They work unfeasibly long hours. They get paid a pittance. They have to deal with things every single day that the vast majority of us would balk at.
Every single day.

They treat their patients, no matter how stubborn or difficult, with nothing but kindness. They bolster their patients dignity with gentle humour. No matter the reason you end up in Kent Ward, no matter the reason you need help, they'll be there when you need them.
Every single day.

I stayed in Kent Ward for a month. I was transferred to a specialist rehab hospital to continue my recovery. Good news? Ostensibly so. Yet there are so many people I miss. It was hard to say goodbye. The care shown to me left me humbled in its application, in its generosity, in its warmth.

To all I left behind. I'll be back to visit you as soon as I recover.

It's not enough but at present I have nothing else to proffer.
You have and always will have my eternal thanks, my eternal gratitude.
Thank you.

Actually I can describe the staff on Kent Ward after all. Angels all.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 30 April 2017

St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 02 May 2017

Thank you for posting your comments on your stay at St. George's Hospital. It has been a pleasure to read your comments on the care you received from the staff on Kent Ward and these will be forwarded to the Matron for the staff to be aware of them. We wish you well in your recovery.

Ursula reviewed St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Speed of treatment

I was referred to the Gynaecology Team at St George's on 27.2.17, I received a phone call on Tuesday 28th Feb in the afternoon offering me an appointment on Saturday 4th March at 11.30am. Once there I was seen by two doctors and a nurse, they were all extremely helpful, supportive, professional, detailed and considerate. They were welcoming to my friend also. The doctor was careful to put my mind at rest, and talked me through the scan.

I would like to extend my thanks to you all for an amazing service. I know I was on a two week referral due to the nature of my problem but the whole things was sorted out between Monday at 6pm and Saturday lunchtime, less than five days. I thank the NHS for once again doing a brilliant job.

I'd like it recorded as I was so impressed by the skill, quality of care and speed of my treatment. The NHS and all that work in it do some incredible things for the nation.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 09 March 2017