St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

020 8672 1255 St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Blackshaw Road, Tooting , London, SW17 0QT

Karl VB gave St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Great service from St. Georges A and E

On 20th November 2017 I saw my GP with a Urological problem who advised me to go straight to St. Georges A+E. They phoned ahead and spoke to the Urologist on call to ask if they would be able to see me, which they confirmed. The overall process worked really well and within an hour of arrival I was called in to the treatment area. I received caring and effective treatment from the on call the Urologist who couldn't have been more compassionate and reassuring. I found the Urologist to be extremely personable and professional and I appreciated the time they took to discuss things with me.
My experience of this visit reminded me that the NHS and its staff are always there when we need them and I for one am grateful that they are.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 21 November 2017

St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 05 December 2017

We would like to thank you for your positive comments about the care services provided at St George's Hospital. We are pleased that you found the Trust's A&E provision and urologist's care to be of high standard. We value you sharing your feedback with us and have shared these with both the managers and staff who will be delighted to hear of your experience.

We always welcome all comments and feedback about our services which assist us in improving our services for better patient experience.

Yours sincerely,

Patient Advice and Liaison Service Manager

Anonymous gave St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Can't fault team or service

After visiting other a and e 3 times and getting very poor service and still awaiting results, I took myself off to St. George's, can not fault them they are doing everything they can to sort me out, the staff are marvellous and do a nice line in being cruel to be kind. And they don't take it personally when I was cursing and swearing in pain.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 30 September 2017

St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 20 October 2017

Thank you for passing through your recent feedback in relation to your experiences of care received from St George's A&E Department. We welcome all comments and feedback about our services which, assist us in improving our services for better patient experiences.

We have shared your comments with the A&E Team who will be happy to hear you were satisfied with both staff attitude and care and treatment you received.

Patient Advice and Liaison Service Manager

Lizzie Jones gave at St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Wonderful consultants

I had an operation on a T9/T10 calcified disc. The team of neurosurgeons were absolutely wonderful and I will always be very grateful to them. They were friendly and informative when I met with them.

I had a longer than expected stay on the Brodie ward. I thought the staff worked hard but I did have quite long waits to receive pain relief from nurses. I believe that this highlighted a general lack of staff which is a wider problem and not the fault of individuals on the Atkinson Morley wing.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 21 November 2017

Thank you for passing through your recent feedback in relation to your experiences of care experienced from our Neurosurgery staff. We welcome all comments and feedback about our services which, assists us in improving our services for better patient experiences.

We have shared your comments with staff who will be happy to hear you were satisfied with the level of care received, and wish you all the best in your recovery.

Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) Manager

Fernando Oliveira gave St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

excellent service!

In our day and age our expectations of any service are always extremely high. When it comes to health care, us service users are always very quick to make ourselves heard whenever for one reason or another somehow our Extremely high and sometimes misinformed expectations aren't met. Well, I think we should be as quick to praise a job well done. Today a friend of mine attended the emergency department at st Georges Hospital and thereafter was looked after in the AAA unit. The staff were tireless and always went out of their way to provide the best care. We are deeply grateful

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 03 May 2017

St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 04 May 2017

It is great pleasure to read your comments on the care your friend received from the emergency department and the AAA team at St George's Hospital. Thank you for taking time to post your comment and it will be sent to the Managers for feedback to the staff.

Noel Danso gave at St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Humbled

The nurses and HCAs on Kent Ward are indescribable. They work unfeasibly long hours. They get paid a pittance. They have to deal with things every single day that the vast majority of us would balk at.
Every single day.

They treat their patients, no matter how stubborn or difficult, with nothing but kindness. They bolster their patients dignity with gentle humour. No matter the reason you end up in Kent Ward, no matter the reason you need help, they'll be there when you need them.
Every single day.

I stayed in Kent Ward for a month. I was transferred to a specialist rehab hospital to continue my recovery. Good news? Ostensibly so. Yet there are so many people I miss. It was hard to say goodbye. The care shown to me left me humbled in its application, in its generosity, in its warmth.

To all I left behind. I'll be back to visit you as soon as I recover.

It's not enough but at present I have nothing else to proffer.
You have and always will have my eternal thanks, my eternal gratitude.
Thank you.

Actually I can describe the staff on Kent Ward after all. Angels all.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 30 April 2017

St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 02 May 2017

Thank you for posting your comments on your stay at St. George's Hospital. It has been a pleasure to read your comments on the care you received from the staff on Kent Ward and these will be forwarded to the Matron for the staff to be aware of them. We wish you well in your recovery.

Hughie Hartley gave St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Another success story for the Consultant Neuro Surgeon and Team.

Well on arrival at St George's my wife and I were treated with the upmost respect and dignity which you would have received at a private hospital this was followed by my wife under going tests and visits from the anaesthetist and the assisting surgeon whom explained in great detail exactly the procedure that my wife Nichola was going to experience before during and after the operation,
The foraminotomy procedure was carried out by the Consultant Neuro Surgeon and their team which under their expertise was a success story and after my wife's recovery she was transferred to the Brodie ward where they gave my wife exceptional after care with visits from all the above and the physiotherapist up until my wife's discharge with medication to take home,
Would like to take the opportunity to thank the NHS for having this surgical expertise in their team,

Regards.

Hughie Hartley and Mrs 'H'

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 16 February 2017

St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 20 February 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback about your wife's experience at St George’s Hospital. It is a great pleasure to read your comments on the treatment received from staff throughout the journey she took and an even greater pleasure to read that the procedure was a success. Wishing her well in her recovery.

Anonymous gave St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

6 weeks and waiting for prescription

After having experienced excellent care at the affiliated Queen Mary's Hospital, St Georges has been a severe disappointment.

I was referred to the MaxFax specialists after breaking my nose and after being told by the doctor that I would need a private prescription of silicon gel in order for the scars on my face to be treated properly, I am still waiting for the prescription to sent to my GP, 6 weeks later!

I have contacted both the complaint service and PALS without any response. This along with my GP contacting the receptionist at the MaxFax three times a week for the past fortnight.

I am incredibly grateful for the NHS and the work they do in the face of challenging cuts and expectations but I can not fathom this lack of care and duty towards a patient.

I sincerely hope patients with far more serious problems than mine are treated with a better duty of care than I have been.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 21 March 2017

St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 03 April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post your comment on your concerns with St. George's Hospital. We are very sorry that your experience is below the standard we expect for our patients. Our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) is busy but would normally return a call within 2 working days if not before. We are sorry to hear that you have not had a response - please ask to speak to the manager of either PALS or Complaints if you have still not received a response. PALS is available on 020 8725 2453 or by email on pals@stgeorges.nhs.uk The telephone is busy but PALS make every effort to contact patients and to help. Please leave your telephone number if you get an answer machine.

Anonymous gave at St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 4 stars

Surgery is what St George's do best

Having read the negative reviews about the outpatients' service, I can only sympathise and say, as you progress to surgery, service gets better.
19 yr old son had a tonsillectomy on 3 Jan 2017 for grade 3 scarred, enlarged tonsils causing repeated tonsillitis, quincy, snoring, sleep apnoea & sleep disruption. The surgeon & anaesthetist introduced themselves & allowed us to ask all the questions we liked. Son was operated on 2 hrs later and discharged after 4 hours observation. We were given lots of strong pain killers and instructions to return to A&E if bleeding or pain not under control.
Son recovered after about 8 or 9 days & is now back to normal. The snoring & sleep apnoea have stopped completely. The surgeon, anaesthetist, nurses in recovery and discharge staff were all highly professional and caring so thank you and well done.

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 07 February 2017

St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 08 February 2017

It is a great pleasure to read your comments on the treatment you and your son received from highly professional and caring staff at St George's Hospital. Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. They will be sent to the service managers and then on to the staff.

Markus Graw gave St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

If St.Georges would be a hotel I definetly would come back !

Hi to all employees of St. Georges in Tooting and to all who read this site.
The NHS has been talked about over the years and usually in a negative way. My Name is Markus Graw from Germany and I had a mild heart attack this week and happened to be in the UK on business. As a result I experienced two hospitals Kingston Hospital and the specialist St. George Hospital for cardiac treatment in Tooting, London. I don’t know what all those negative comments are referring to because I had a wonderful experience and although be honest I am not too keen to repeat it too often.
I can only try to express my gratitude to all staff at St. George Hospital. I was treated professionally and successfully and was stunned by the attitude every single person I met displayed. They were not only polite or friendly they were human, caring and positive. I felt considered a human being not just another patient. I met humans and we talked about family and life as well as having a laugh. Each time somebody new came along the first thing was to present their name and call you by your Christian name written on a board over your bed. The doctor who treated me didn’t show not even the smallest degree of arrogance as I have experienced in my time in Germany when I was operated on my knee.
I don’t know whether it is typical for the NHS in total or just the Trust I was involved with but a big big thanks to the NHS, to the St. George Hospital and to all people devoted to its mission.
I hope Brexit will not come down too hard on Great Brittan as I guess it would cause big problems to St George Hospital. My guess is that 80% of the people I met in Kingston and St George Hospital didn’t originate from the Island, they were people from all over the world, many Spaniards, Italians, Portuguese as well as East European, Indians and Pakistani. A perfect example on how diversity can be inclusive and powerful. A truly multicultural team all acting on the same principles and values of humanity, empathy, commitment and professionality.
Thanks
Markus Graw

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 13 January 2017

St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 16 January 2017

Thank you for taking the time to place your comments on this site. It has been a great pleasure reading your thoughts on the care and communication you received. Your comments will be sent to the service that looked after you in order that the staff can appreciate them. We wish you well in your recovery.

aidstert gave St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Great staff at Rose Centre, Trevor Howe and A&E

From diagnosis to treatment, the Rose Centre offered me the explanations, treatment and empathy needed to make it through treatment.

I like facts and initially the path laid out made little sense. A treatment map would be helpful here: Diagnostic testing, Diagnosis and treatment confirmation with patient, patient confirm, treatment commences. It would have saved me weeks of research and anxious moments. It was not until chemotherapy that I understood what was happening and where in the treatment cycle I was. Once I surrendered to the process all made sense and I could prepare accordingly.

I need to say that the nurses on the Trevor Howe ward were patient if run off there feet, the folk in A&E where I attended were also wonderful, professional and empathetic.

I was one of the lucky ones to be in remission and part of that is due to the good spirits and caring of the Dr's, nurses and staff at St Georges.

What could be improved .... the waiting times. At least an hour past the due appointment time, 2-3 hour wait for chemo was not unusual. Once I saw the pattern, I came prepared to wait understanding how busy all were.

A very big thank you for the excellent care.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 17 July 2017

St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 18 July 2017

Dear aidstert. Thank you so much for taking the time to post these kind comments on the site. The staff in the Rose Centre, on Trevor Howell Ward and in the Emergency Department will be thrilled to receive them. We will send them on today together with your suggestion about a treatment map and comments about waiting times in clinics and for chemotherapy. Thank you for your understanding about how busy staff were. If you would like a more personal response to the points you have raised please do not hesitate to email PALS@stgeorges.nhs.uk where the team will be happy to put you in touch with the relevant staff. With best regards