Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust

0300 123 0808 The Lodge, Lodge Approach, Runwell , Wickford, Essex, SS11 7XX

Anonymous gave Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

St Margarets Hospital - Epping. Poplar Ward

My Wife has asked me to express her thanks for the wonderful treatment she received on Poplar Ward.

In fact the care she experienced from the NHS starting with the ambulance drivers who originally took her to Princess Alexandra Hospital, to the absolutely wonderful consultant who reassured her in A&E and had her transferred to St Margarets, to every one of the staff, including doctors, Occupational Therapists, ward sisters, nurses and nursing assistants, who looked after her in such a kind and caring way, to the ambulance drivers who took her home after her two week stay.

Everyone receives a five star rating, as far as we are concerned. We thank you with all our hearts.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 19 October 2017

Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Employment Retention Specialist - an incredible support!

I see myself as being very fortunate to have had the support of the incredible Employment Retention Specialist. I had been off work for some time due to my mental ill health. I was referred to an Employment Specialist by the local mental health team.

I was supported at the beginning of my journey in being able to return to work. Without this support I honestly believe I would not have returned to my job. I was supported in being able to negotiate my return to work and being able to make reasonable adjustments to allow to me to fulfil my role. I was also given strategies for coping with my job and everyday life. The Employment Retention Specialist gave me a wellness action plan to complete and share with my employer, which was difficult but has really helped me realise what changes I needed to make to looking after myself at work and offering guidance to my manager about how to deal with me and my health.

I have now been back in work for 2 years! Throughout my journey my Employment Retention Specialist has also attended my review meetings with me and my manager which has been invaluable. I find it very difficult to talk about how I am feeling and coping, but they give me the confidence to speak up and help me achieve what I need to achieve out of these meetings. I am so grateful for this help and for my Employment Retention Specialist personally for their care and commitment. I am back in a better place and where I didn't think I would ever be again so thank you so much for always listening and understanding how I feel and being my rock!

The Employment Retention Specialist still continues to support me, recently I have dealt with some troubled time at work with difficult members of staff and they offered support while dealing with ACAS mediation by attending meetings with me and providing phone call meetings during this intervention. This helped to support me in being able to come out the other side and helped me to stay as well as can be. This support gave me strength to retain my job and keep my health. It helped me to stay focused on my feelings and how to deal with the horrible situation I found myself in. The support given made me feel like I wasn’t on my own and I could cope and not go backwards. Together we plan to meet my boss to further formulate joint strategies to continue to help support me at work.

The role of the Employment Retention Specialist has played a massive part in my recovery and with the help and guidance of the specialist and a few changes at work I have been able to return to a job that I love. My health would have deteriorated greatly if this return had not been possible. I therefore strongly believe that the role of an Employment Retention Specialist is a vital part of the NHS mental health service. This service has been extremely invaluable to me and I believe it is a very important service that will benefit a huge amount of people.

Thank you!

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 24 August 2017

Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust replied on 21 September 2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide this feedback about our employment support service. We recognise that it is important to support people into work and that good work can contribute to recovery from mental ill health. We also recognise the importance of helping people to stay in work. We know from experience that if we can help facilitate discussion, help individuals to be open about their needs and help employers understand those needs, most people can happily stay working. It’s very rewarding to read about the help you have had from one of our Employment Specialists.

Very best wishes and good mental health for the future.

Anonymous gave Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Poor organisation/treatment

I have been a patient of this Trust since its formation. Sadly I have had nothing but problems. My appointment with the Consultant has been postponed twice, the latest reason being for the unavailability of another member of staff who they knew would be unavailable when they booked this appointment. My CPN is supposed to see me every two weeks, by the time I see them again it will have been four weeks. I have been ignored yet again when telling them that my mood is deteriorating and I don't feel that I can cope with being left a further two weeks. I am hoping that my GP will be able to see me next week. I'm now in daily contact with the Samaritans because I can't get the help from this Trust that I need.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 31 August 2017

Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust replied on 25 September 2017

Thank you for leaving this feedback. I am sorry you are experiencing these problems. Could you contact our PALS department 0800 085 7935 or epunft.pals@nhs.net to enable us to address your concerns. I would like to assure you that the matter about your appointment will be dealt with at the most senior clinical level, by the Executive Medical Director. Please contact us with your details so that we can help.

Adult Eating Disorders Colchester

The help given by this eating disorders service excellent. They listened to my views on my treatment, and in particular what I thought I would find helpful and what wouldn't help and then adapted the service to suit my needs.

This doesn't always happen in mental health services and it has been refreshing to come across such caring, skilled and helpful practitioners.

As a result I have found the service really helpful. In particular their psychologist A.P. and the Service Manager have gone out of their way to help me.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 27 September 2017

Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust replied on 17 October 2017

Thank you for leaving this positive feedback on the service you have received from the Eating Disorders Team. Your comments are very much appreciated by the staff involved, who have received a copy of your comments. It is always good to hear when we have got things right for our patients. Your feedback will be reported anonymously in our staff newsletter so that it can be shared across the Trust.

Thank you once again for taking the time to leave this feedback.

D Taylor gave Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Bedfordshire Podiatry Service

I have been receiving treatment at Marsh farm health centre for the past year and I would just like to thank everyone for the treatment which I have received there.
I have found it easy to make appointments and the Podiatrist has been excellent and has cured the problem I was having with my feet. I really appreciate what they have done for me.
Many thanks

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 06 July 2017

Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust replied on 01 August 2017

Thank you very much for leaving this lovely feedback. The Podiatry service are always please to see that their patients have had a positive experience when attending for treatment. Thank you again for taking the time and trouble to leave your comments.

Rachel Neil gave Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Highly recommended service

I have always had Bipolar Disorder and OCD, but was undiagnosed with them until later life. Consequently I couldn't hold down a job due to my uncontrollled conditions, together with lack of support.

When I recovered from an acute and life devastating Bipolar Depression phase and felt I wanted to return to work, my psychiatrist put me in touch with an Employment Specialist. This specialist was so friendly, gentle and positive, and also patient with me as I adjusted to the news of my new Bipolar 1 Disorder and I was all over the place mentally.

They guided me and encouraged me with very positive language to apply for certain jobs and in certain fields if work they knew I'd worked in before. They calmed my fears and anxieties and reassured me she would be there for me to guide me through any difficulties I experienced at the time and when I got into employment again.

Thanks to this specialist, I am now in a good part time job, back in carework again, but this time armed with techniques and attitudes to assist my success in my employment.

Rachel Neil

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 02 August 2017

Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust replied on 17 August 2017

Dear Rachel

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback about our service and specifically about the Employment Specialist who helped you. It is always a pleasure to get such feedback as it is incredibly rewarding for individuals and the team. We have the belief our work helps people to reclaim their lives so it is especially nice when this is confirmed by people we have helped. I wish you the very best for the future and good health.

All best wishes,

Jodie Wood gave Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Has been and still is a vital part of my recovery!!!

My employment specialist (AH) has been an essential part of my mental health recovery journey. I honestly do not know what I would have done without all of the help they have given. From dealing with DWP, Tax Office, previous unpleasant employers, to updating my CV, job applications and general life stresses and much more.

Their approach was always professional, yet reassuring and you could always tell that they genuinely cared about each one of their clients. I always knew that they would be on the other end of the phone if I ever I needed reassurance. They always made me feel at ease, having a genuine understanding of my illness and a sincere care about my journey and outside appointments such as counseling and therapy. My Employment Specialist has certainly given me the ambition to help others that are in the position I have been in myself in the future. They should feel amazing each day for making such a significant different to each persons life they help.
My employment specialist done nothing but go above and beyond for me, even arranged a work placement for me at the C&E Centre which helped to give me the confidence in myself that I needed to get back into work. Whilst on my work placement at the C&E Centre all colleagues I encountered with were kind and supportive, I really enjoyed my time working there, it's a shame there wasn't a paid position available for me after my placement due to the 'merger'.
Without the support I have received from Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust, I do not know where I would be now. If I only had the Job Centre to reply on for 'support or advice' I would most definitely not be where I am now. I have had three 'support workers' at the job centre, and if I'm totally honest they have barely helped me at all and have actually caused me additional distress. I know that I am not alone in believing that the role of the Employment Specialist is a vital part of the Mental Health Service.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 01 August 2017

Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust replied on 21 September 2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide this feedback on our employment support service. We as a Trust have the vision of ‘working to improve lives’, holding the values of being ‘open’, ‘compassionate’ and ‘empowering’ and it is very nice to get feedback confirming we are adhering to our vision and values. Our Employment Specialists do a very complex job, always mindful of helping the ‘whole person’, journeying with them in their recovery and feedback like this is incredibly rewarding.

Once again, thank you very much for the feedback and we wish you the very best for the future.

Sue gave Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Thankyou,thankyou,thankyou!

I had been off work for some 15 months due to my mental ill health. To be honest, I did not think I would be able to return.
I was referred to an employment specialist by the local specialist mental health team.
I did not know what this meant or what it would achieve at the time.
A short time later I was visited by my employment specialist who listened and understood how I felt.
The employment specialist gave me a wellness action plan to complete and share with my job, which was difficult but has really helped me realise what changes I needed to make to looking after myself at work and offering guidance to my manager about how to deal with me and my mental ill health.
I have returned to work now, a slow build up in hours but I am there!
The employment specialist has also attended my review meetings with me and my manager which has been invaluable.
I find it very difficult to talk about how I am feeling and coping, but the employment specialist gives me the confidence to speak up and helps me achieve what I need to achieve out of these meetings.
The employment specialist continues to support me even now I am back at work.
I am so grateful for this help and for the employment specialist personally for their caring and commitment.
I am where I didn't think I would ever be so thankyou so much.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 16 August 2017

All best wishes,

NHS Employment Services

I can't thank you enough for the help I received in getting back into employment after a battle with my depression.

My employment specialist was absolutely amazing and the support and kindness they gave me was beyond outstanding. I don't know what I would have done without them and I definitely would not be where I am now, which is in a job I love and finally happy in.

This service has been extremely invaluable to me and I believe it is a very important service that will benefit a huge amount of people. Please don't take it away!!

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 09 June 2017

Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust replied on 27 June 2017

Thank you very much for the feedback. I am glad to hear that you have benefited from the support of our Employment Specialist and are in a job that you are happy with. You are right in that it is a very important service and we never lose sight of how important employment is to people recovering from mental ill health & staying well. I will make sure your feedback is shared with the whole team. Once again, many thanks and I sincerely hope you continue to be happy in your job.

Ryan gave Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Help getting into work

The NHS employment specialist has been amazing.
The initial meeting with the employment specialist helped me to think about what I needed to do to get into training or employment. Several interviews were arranged for me (I probably wouldn't have even been given an interview without this help). Eventually the Emoloyment specialised encouraged me and arranged an interview with a Princes Trust scheme. The NHS specialist even called me to see how the interview went. I have now completed four weeks retail training at M and S and have been accepted for a further 12 weeks paid employment which starts tomorrow
I feel much more confident and happier about myself
I would never have had this opportunity without the help of the NHS employment special Thank you.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 15 August 2017

Essex Partnership University NHS Foundation Trust replied on 25 August 2017

Dear Ryan

Thank you very much for taking the time provide this feedback in relation to the employment support service at EPUT. We are very proud that the support we provide is ‘individualised’ in that we work at a pace that is comfortable to people, helping to meet their needs, aspirations and goals. We focus on hope, strengths and ability to overcome potential barriers. Your feedback confirms to me that my team are doing what they are supposed to be doing, which is always very well received! I wish you the very best of luck with your paid employment at M & S, who I know are a very good employer so I am confident your experience will be positive.

Once again, many thanks for the feedback and very best wishes for the future and good mental health.