Southport and Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trust

01704 547471 Town Lane , Southport, PR8 6PN

Barbara gave Southport and Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Friendly Efficient Service

I was recently referred to the Rehabilitation (Physiotherapy) department for hip replacement assessment. My initial consultation was with one of the doctors who asked what I was expecting from the appointment and took time to explain the options. The doctor went on to examine me and asked me to perform several tasks/movements after which they recommended a course of hydrotherapy to avoid the neccessity for a hip replacement at this stage. I subsequently made an appointment for that same week and was seen by a physiotherapist who devised a suitable excercise regime for me to follow at home and made a first appointment for hydrotherapy. My treatment thus far has been exceptional and my appointments have happened in a very short space of time. Thank you to all the staff involved from reception to the doctor for my friendly, caring treatment
Barbara

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 22 October 2017

Southport and Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trust replied on 25 October 2017

We are really pleased to hear that you were happy with the level of care provided by the Physiotherapy Department. We are pleased to hear that you were seen promptly and your consultation was thorough. We will pass your comments onto the team who will be pleased to hear your great feedback.

MRS J A PIMBLETT gave Southport and Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Concussion injury

I attended Southport General Hospital on Saturday evening due to having fallen downstairs on Wed. but thought I would 'just get better'! On arrival, the hospital receptionist was very professional and proficient. The Triage nurse was absolutely wonderful, and due to the nature of my signs and symptoms I was taken to the appropriate area to be looked after. The nurse who was responsible for my care was astounding; was calm, caring and the most efficient person who took care of not just myself, but others within Resus, with the utmost care and calm of attitude.
The Drs./ Consultants on the ward were superb, explaining things to me properly, and the person who was responsible for my CT Scan was so caring in their attitude because I felt so very ill at the time that they put my mind at rest during the scan letting me know that if I felt uncomfortable that it was not a problem and the scan could stop.
I would really like to thank all included in my care for a very superb and professional level of care, you should all be very proud of your level of care, your abilities as a professional team, the fact that you are a truly bonded and happy team and that you are offering a superb level of care. Thank you also to the lovely person who made my tea and toast, it was lovely, continue with the lovely smiles, much appreciated x

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 09 August 2017

Southport and Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trust replied on 09 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for the A&E department at Southport Hospital.
We are delighted that you had such a positive experience and you found our staff particularly caring and supportive. We know our staff do an excellent job, but it is very much appreciated when we hear direct from a patient. Your comments will be forwarded to the staff and teams involved in your care.

Nigel gave Southport and Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Home from home with care and excellence.

In the last 12 months I've been fortunate enough to attend this hospital twice, for total knee replacement surgeries on both legs. I cannot praise the surgeon and nursing staff enough. The Orthopaedic ward staff are knowledgeable caring and very friendly. The Physiotherapy staff likewise. Even the food is good. This hospital feels like a friendly cottage hospital but with the scope and expertise of a big city hospital. I don't think that anyone attending will be disappointed. I highly recommend Ormskirk and District Hospital.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 02 August 2017

Southport and Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trust replied on 24 August 2017

We're really pleased to hear that you were happy with the level of care you received by the staff on the Orthopaedic ward at Ormskirk hospital. We're also pleased to hear that you enjoyed the food. We will pass your comments onto the team who will be pleased to hear your great feedback.

Anonymous gave Southport and Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Ward E

Recently had to attend E ward after suffering from a miscarriage. During what is a very upsetting time the staff nurses, doctors and health care assistants on this ward, are incredible in their compassion and understanding. I can't thank them enough and won't forget the care they showed me and my husband.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 29 July 2017

Southport and Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trust replied on 24 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for E Ward at Ormskirk Hospital. We are pleased that you and your husband found our staff particularly supportive. We know our staff do an excellent job, but it is very much appreciated when we hear direct from a patient. Your comments will be forwarded to the teams involved in your care.

S Kelly. gave Southport and Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

In patient stay.

I can not fault my stay on E ward this month, the staff were so friendly everything was explained to me, all the staff who dealt with me made me feel comfortable and at ease.The ward was clean at all times as were the bathrooms.I was discharged with full information on my care at home and who to contact if I had any queries or problems.My thanks to all of the staff including those in the theatre who also helped ease my nerves the hospital should be proud of you all.
The only problem with my stay was the food sent up from the kitchens great to be able to order from the menu electronically, but what a disappointment when it arrived, fish cold as were the vegetables, chicken again stone cold in a pool of cold gravy chicken tough. The only thing not wrong was the fresh fruit and ice cream, Hardly an appetizing meal to serve to anybody let alone patients post op

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 14 July 2017

Southport and Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trust replied on 24 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for the staff on E ward. Whilst we are pleased that you have had received good care on the ward and at discharge. We are sorry that you were unhappy with the food. Please contact our Patient Experience and Complaints team at soh-tr.complaints@nhs.net or telephone 01704 704958 between 10am and 4pm, weekdays. You may leave a message at all other times.

Anonymous gave Southport and Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Ormskirk - Ward E

I visited Ward E after being referred by my GP while suffering with dehydration during pregnancy. The ward staff and doctors were great and provided excellent care. I would not hesitate to go back to this Ward for further care if required.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 12 July 2017

Southport and Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trust replied on 24 August 2017

We are pleased to hear that you had such a positive experience and your comments will be forwarded to the teams involved in your care.

Victoria Jane Boutle gave Southport and Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

What a great team in A&E!!!!!

I visited Southport A&E this morning (14/07/2017 at 8am) as my broken leg cast needed fixing. I was greeted by very helpful reception staff and triage nurses. I was seen in under 30 mins by the most lovely team of staff.

They made me feel really comfortable and offered me a coffee and the chance to shave my very hairy leg (been in a leg cast 3 weeks!! so you can imagine as a woman this is very uncomfortable) The staff went over and beyond what I was expecting. I was fixed and on my way in around an hour.

I would like to thank all the staff who has assisted in my broken leg to date. Amazing service!!!

Thankyou all.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 14 July 2017

Southport and Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trust replied on 26 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.

Walter A Yates gave Southport and Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Courtesy and professionalism

It was my pleasure to be seen as an outpatient at your hospital yesterday (07 06 2017)
Throughout the duration of my visit, I was treated with the utmost courtesy and professionalism by all of your staff
My original appointment had been cancelled due to the "ransomware" problems with your IT system
Your appointment staff entered into a discussion to ensure my needs were met. On arrival at your Orthopaedic Outpatients Department, I was met with courtesy and made planned progress into your Xray Department. There again I was treated with courtesy and professionalism. The future of your Xray service is safe hands if the person who dealt with me is an example of your staff
It was then my pleasure to meet the consultant. Despite their obvious very busy workload they always find time to answer and discuss individual concerns. Their manner is of a most reassuring nature
Finally my blood sample. Again the utmost courtesy and professionalism
The day showed, that without any doubt, your staff work very hard to ensure that patients are treated with the highest degree of courtesy and expertise
Walter A Yates

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 08 June 2017

Southport and Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trust replied on 09 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We are very happy to hear about the level of care provided to you in a busy department. Your feedback will be passed on to the team involved where it will be much appreciated.

sarah turney gave at Southport and Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

lovely nurses and vey person centred.

i had to have a minor procedure yesterday on E ward and i was very apprehensive as i have never been put under before. all i can say is the nurses and everyone involved in my care were so nice and put me at ease. My main nurse was absolutely lovely having a giggle with me and taking a genuine interest in me and my life etc made me feel relaxed and reassured. the anaesthetic team managed to help me get over my fear of having a hand canular. i felt no judgement from them when as a grown woman i began to sob like a baby. they had me laughing by the end of it with their distraction techniques. the after care from waking up to being back in the ward was fabulous. tea and toast immediatley and warm friendly faces. the lovely student was so kind when taking out the dreaded canular. i can honestly say i had a fantastic experience on E ward and hope they get to read this message. All the team were amazing. all i can say is ward E and the rest of the team involved in my care are fantastic, and if i ever need to go back i would gladly. i hope you all get recognised for your hard work

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 02 December 2016

Southport and Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trust replied on 02 December 2016

Thank you for taking the time to acknowledge care you received by the staff on E ward. I know that it will be appreciated by them.

Anonymous gave Southport and Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trust a rating of 4 stars

Saw a nice physio

Despite a very long wait for an appointment, I was pleased with the physio I saw, who was understanding, sensible and kind.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 20 August 2016

Southport and Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trust has not yet replied.