Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust

0118 322 5111 Royal Berkshire Hospital, London Road , Reading, Berkshire, RG1 5AN

Anonymous gave Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Caring Staff In All Departments

In the last week we have required the services of Berkshire Ambulance, Royal Berks A&E, Royal Berks AMU ward and SSU ward. In every service and department the staff were caring and patient with my Mother who had a horrific accident but also has Dementia.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 19 October 2017

Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust replied on 23 October 2017

Thank you for your positive feedback - the matron will share your comments with the Emergency Department, Acute Medical Unit and the Short Stay Unit teams.

Mr Barry Gibbs gave Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

My visit to the Royal Berks Hospital

I have just recently had to have the services of the A&E department at the Royal Berks Hospital . from the moment I entered the hospital the care I received was just wonderful from the nursing staff to the doctors every one was so caring and made me feel at ease and also made me feel very special even that they were so busy. I could not have asked for more, Thanks to you all at the Royal Berks Hospital.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 24 August 2017

Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust replied on 25 September 2017

Many thanks for your recent review of the Emergency Department. We try our very best to ensure compassionate care so it is lovely to hear when this is achieved even when we are incredibly busy. We hope you are now recovering well.

Janet Jarvis gave Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Podiatry Surgery

I cannot praise the service I have received from the Podiatry tteam and the Day Surgery Unit enough. All the staff from the receptionists to the nurses and doctors at the West Berkshire Community Hospital were very friendly and professional.

I have recently had foot surgery in the Day Unit and I was extremely well looked after. Although the Royal Berkshire Hospital is closer to home it was well worth travelling further as parking is much easier and cheaper and the hospital itself is easier to access and has a quiet and calm atmosphere.

I would like to thank all the Doctors and nurses in Podiatry for the excellent care I received during my surgery and outpatient appointments.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 09 August 2017

Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust replied on 29 September 2017

Thank you for your lovely review of the Day Surgery Unit at West Berkshire Community Hospital - we are very pleased that you have had such a positive experience. The staff are dedicated to ensuring each patient receives excellent care and they will be delighted to read your review.

Stu gave Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Wonderful Experience!

I had dental surgery under GA at the Day Surgery Unit and I can't praise the whole staff enough for their fantastic work
The consultant explained what would happen and the recovery process before surgery and really put me at ease
Anaesthetist was also very professional putting me to sleep,
Theatre staff and Recovery staff I can't thank enough
And last but no means least the Wonderful Ward staff,took care of all my needs and made my visit so very calming and reassuring
I would have no hesitation recommending WBCH to family and friends for their treatment

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 31 July 2017

Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust replied on 29 September 2017

Thank you for posting a review of the Day Surgery Unit at West Berkshire Community Hospital - we are very pleased that you had such a good experience. The matron will pass on your comments to the staff involved who will be delighted to read your feedback.

Anonymous gave Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Difficult to Get and Appointment and Keep it!

I have been referred by GP because my optician found something during a routine eye test. I received a letter with a password asking me to go online and make an appointment. I did that and got the next available which was three months away - 1st August 2017. Then I get a letter cancelling the appointment and offering me another for the beginning of September. I have a holiday booked so did the proper thing and rang to let them know. I asked why my appointment had been cancelled and was told it was because the doctor had booked a holiday. Then we went through an extremely long conversation about how I had booked the appointment, etc. In the end I got really fed up and I'm afraid to say quite cross. Anyway it ended with me being given an appointment in July. The next day I got a phone call to say that the person I had been talking to had booked me into the wrong clinic. They gave me an appointment for 2nd August. This morning I get a letter saying I have cancelled my appointment and would I go online and rebook. Obviously, I was confused. After speaking to four different people I have discovered I do have an appointment on 2nd August. What on earth is going in? I have heard of people having to wait long periods of time for an appointment but messing people about like this is ridiculous. So this mornings letter was a complete waste of time and money. In the meantime I have no idea what is wrong with my eye and I just wait..... Eye Department not listed below...

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 19 July 2017

Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust replied on 10 October 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We understand that this issue has now been sorted and you have had your appointment and will hopefully get any treatment required.

Lynn Hayter gave Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

WBCH MRI Scanner Van

I recenlty attended the MRI scanner van at the West Berkshire Community Hospital & was treated in a kind, helpful & efficient manner by all the staff who looked after me. I could not have asked for better care.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 17 July 2017

Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust replied on 20 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave such positive feedback regarding your recent visit to the West Berkshire Community Hospital MRI scanner. It's reassuring to know that we were able to deliver a caring and efficient service. Your kind comments will be passed on to the staff involved.

Lynn Hayter gave Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

WBCH Audiology Department is Excellent

My recent experience of the audiology department at the West Berkshire Community Hospital was excellent. I got an appointment quite quickly, was seen exactly at my appointment time, the staff are kind, considerate, knowledgable and helpful. I could not have asked for better care.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 14 July 2017

Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust replied on 20 September 2017

Thank you for your feedback on the Audiology Service at West Berkshire Community Hospital.
It’s great to hear that you had a positive experience of the service and that you found the clinicians ready to help with knowledge, kindness and consideration. The team work hard to provide a quality service and they will be delighted to hear your comments.

Anonymous gave Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Helpful, reassuring and very professional.

I went in as anoutpatient and was seen surprisingly promptly, by comparison with my experience at most other hospitals.

The nurse and doctor were very polite ad caring and explained everything fully and clearly.

The treatment wa peformed quickly and expertly. The outcome was brilliant.

The hospital is one of the nicest I've ever been to. It has a great, friendly atmosphere.

Thank you.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 27 June 2017

Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust replied on 13 December 2017

Thank you for your feedback regarding your outpatient experience at West Berkshire Community Hospital - it is great to hear when we achieve excellent patient care. Your review will be shared with the team involved.

Carole gave at Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Angiogram.

I recently visited Jim Shahi day unit for an Angiogram. The staff were wonderful; friendly, professional, reassuring, kind, caring and always wearing a smile. All my questions were answered and I felt totally confident that I was in very safe hands. Many thanks to all the staff, I can't praise them highly enough.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 17 May 2017

Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust replied on 25 May 2017

Thank you for your positive review of the care you received on the Jim Shahi Unit. The matron for the area will ensure that your comments get passed on to the team involved.

Martine reviewed Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust

outpatients Rehabilatation

An appointment was attended today by care home staff supporting a man with a learning disability at a pain relief clinic. we were very impressed with the staff at the hospital and the environment. The staff were very caring, helpful, knowledgeable and sensitive to his needs. we were very pleased with the experience and treatment.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 19 April 2017

Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust replied on 20 September 2017

Thank you for your feedback - it is much appreciated. We will be sure to pass on your comments to those concerned.