Croydon Health Services NHS Trust

020 8401 3000 Croydon University Hospital, 530 London Road , Croydon, CR7 7YE

Anonymous gave Croydon Health Services NHS Trust a rating of 4 stars

Bladder infection

I came into A and E, 7 o'clock Saturday morning , instantly seen by triage nurse who having taken my details (we live in Hampshire,) said that I would be the next person to see a nurse. We were quickly seen by a nurse who was extremely kind, helpful and professional, who took down my medical history. Asked for a urine sample, which was sent off along with blood samples, told the wait would be about 90 mins, We waited then called through by a Doctor who asked more questions listened to my chest front and back felt kidneys and said it had not travelled there yet, (good news) Given antibiotics told how to take, what to do if fever continued and if still having problems on Monday see your GP
the antibiotics are working well. The treatment my wife and I experienced was excellent, a credit to your A and E staff.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 10 October 2017

Hilary Frayne, Head of Nursing for Patient Experience, Croydon Health Services NHS Trust replied on 12 October 2017

Thank you for your feedback about a very positive experience in A&E and I hope you are continuing to feel better. The staff will be able to see your comments and will be pleased, as it is always great to receive compliments.
Regards

Eamonn reviewed Croydon Health Services NHS Trust

Your People are Outstanding

From the moment I arrived in the Accident and Emergency Department until I was discharged 24 days later i found everyone that I came into contact with to be very caring professionals.

Whether it was diagnosing; treatment; care; or a support service each and every individual were not only a credit to themselves but to the hospital itself.

It is without doubt that the leadership at the hospital is of such quality that what shone throb to me the patient was outstanding.

Thank you and well done one and all!

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 16 October 2017

Hilary Frayne, Head of Nursing for Patient Experience, Croydon Health Services NHS Trust replied on 16 October 2017

Thank you very much for your feedback. I have passed your comments to the senior leadership team in A&E so that this can be cascaded to all staff.
Best wishes

Anonymous gave Croydon Health Services NHS Trust a rating of 2 stars

Excellent Ambulance, A&E and resus department

I cannot fault the ambulance service, the A& E department and the doctor and their team in Rhesus they all looked after me excellently. Unfortunately that's where it ends, my experience in AMU A was appalling, was much better on the C wntard, shame the doctor I saw was so dismissive and condescending ( referred to me as 'my dear' on numerous occasions, ) and dismissed me withngeout examination. I decided on JUNE 11TH to have a word with the doctor and ask why they weren't following anything through with my severe chest pains, the doctor said do you want to stay in hospital, "yes if it gets to the root of my chest pain. Fortunately that was the last I saw of this doctor as I was transferred Queens 1 that evening, didn't see much of the nurses, was put on a drip, no idea what for nobody said. Saw acardio gastro doctor next day, and they said they would have a word with Cardio ( I had previously suffered a heart attack) if it wasn't my heart the doctor would arrange for me to have an inveatigation in their Outpatents Clinic.
Stayed another night and saw the doctor later that day, the doctor said they had spoken to cardio and arranged for met o have a heart test urgently. Another A&E visit last Wednesday 5th July, the doctor I saw decided my heart was enlarged with fluid around the heart and lungs gave me water tablets ask me to ring cardio about the urgent stress echo test, I thought it strange as I had a Stress echo test on MAY 10th 2017 my husband explained this and they said rinfor some answers.
I felt I wag them anyway. I rang on Friday 7 th July and they hadn't got me on a list or heard from this doctor.
I then rang the Gastro department who were in complete denial of any doctor referring me for the test. I have the discharge letter stating about urgent stress test, the name of the doctor the date and time.
Been to my GP today and the doctor is fuming with CUB and it's lack of follow up care and is writing to cardio s lied to by the Gastro doctor regarding them speaking to cardio the doctor would have found out that I have had the stress echo test in MAY 2017 and do not need another one so soon.
There is a complete lack of communication at this hospital which is scary.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 11 July 2017

Hilary Frayne, Head of Nursing for Patient Experience, Croydon Health Services NHS Trust replied on 12 July 2017

I am very sorry to learn of your poor experience.
I have passed your comments to the senior staff responsible for the wards so that they are aware of your concerns, although I have been unable, from the information provided, to identify who was responsible for your care and treatment. If you are able to contact our PALS office with more information, I will be happy to ensure that the circumstances are fully investigated. Our PALS office may be contacted by telephone on 020 8401 3210 or by email at ch-tr.pals@nhs.net. The office is open during the week from 9am to 4:45pm.
Thank you for your feedback about A&E and Resus. I will pass your kind words to the team.
Regards

Ambulatory Care

Today I had my first experience of ambulatory care. I work for the NHS and do not make a good patient. I had first class service from walking into Edgecombe and being greeted by the friendly receptionist, to the HCA, nurse and consultant, all of whom dealt with me with utmost professionalism and common sense. I received all the tests I needed with minimal delay and all results were communicated immediately. X-ray and CT departments were extremely efficient and well run. Thanks to all the staff, very impressive service.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 20 July 2017

Hilary Frayne, Head of Nursing for Patient Experience, Croydon Health Services NHS Trust replied on 21 July 2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive comments.
This consultant-led service with a team of junior doctors, a matron, nurse practitioners, advanced healthcare assistants, receptionists and volunteers all strive to provide an excellent service. Everyone will be really pleased to hear your feedback about your experience of Ambulatory Care
All staff at the trust have access to your feedback but I will make sure that all members of the Edgecombe team see your lovely feedback.

Anonymous gave Croydon Health Services NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Maternity Care from scans to delivery!

Just wanted to say a massive thank you to all of the maternity staff that we encountered for the delivery of our baby girl. I can't fault any of our care (and we ended up staying a total of 6 nights from induction to post-delivery!). Our hope was to have her in the birth centre, which looked lovely and I would definitely recommend going to have a look at it. However, due to complications we never made it there; we ended up with an emergency caesarean. We experienced all of the other wards Hope, Labour and Mary and have only good things to say about the staff and their care on each one. I would especially like to thank the staff for their help and support once my baby was here. She was struggling to feed & the help from the amazing breastfeeding support person was so appreciated!

I also visited Triage several times leading up to the birth & despite there sometimes being a long wait, I always received excellent care.

I would also like to acknowledge the excellent care during the pregnancy. Our scans were always on time (sometimes early!) and due to baby not lying right at the 12wk one, I ended up having another 2 booked in, which was great.

Thank you again to everyone.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 09 August 2017

Hilary Frayne, Head of Nursing for Patient Experience, Croydon Health Services NHS Trust replied on 10 August 2017

Thank you very much for sharing your positive experiences of our Maternity Services and many congratulations on the birth of your baby girl. Thank you also for your recommendation of the Birth Centre of which the midwives are all very proud.
I will make sure that your kind words are shared with the clinical teams, specialist midwives, sonographers, ward midwives and support workers, as it will mean a lot to them
With best wishes

Anonymous reviewed Croydon Health Services NHS Trust

Sending vunrable home to clear ward

CCH Staff happy to send my elderly Mum home knowing that there is no one permanent at the other end to look after her. Also know that she has passed out 3 times, has bleeds and does not have a personal alarm. Was told to get a GP referral at 3pm on the Friday before the bank holiday weekend to get a personal alarm. When I pointed out the GP was not going to be able to sort this out in time I was told there was nothing the hospital could do.

Really shocked by the lack of care plan in place and the non caring profession and care in the community approach. My Mum does not deserve this.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 26 May 2017

Hilary Frayne, Head of Nursing for Patient Experience, Croydon Health Services NHS Trust replied on 27 May 2017

I am very sorry to hear your feedback. It is not possible from the information provided for me to know who was responsible for your Mum's care while she was in hospital, but if you are able to contact our PALS office with more information about your stay, I will be happy to ensure that the circumstances are fully investigated. Our PALS office may be contacted by telephone on 020 8401 3210 or by email at ch-tr.pals@nhs.net. The office is open during the week from 9am to 4:45pm.

Colposcopy procedure in Women's Unit

The consultant who carried out the procedure was fantastic; very kind & patient and really put me at ease. Like any woman would, I was really dreading the procedure but they made it as comfortable as possible and talked me through every stage. Thank you!

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 20 March 2017

Hilary Frayne, Head of Nursing for Patient Experience, Croydon Health Services NHS Trust replied on 21 March 2017

Thank you for your kind words and positive feedback. I shall pass this on to the teams involved so that they are aware of your comments.

contrarypaddy reviewed Croydon Health Services NHS Trust

Tissue Viability

I was being treated by my GPs nurse for a few months for a chronic leg ulcer to no avail
She referred me to Tissue Viability at the Shirley Clinic
I was examined by Nurse McGinley
In a very consoling way she explained my foot needed dressing but also needed fixing
She asked if I could go to to the wound clinic in Croydon University Hospital three times a week as the facilities at the Clinic were inadequate for the treatment she needed to give
She also wrote a prescription for dressings to bring with me
A large part of her treatment involved a potassium based disinfectant and iodine bandages which stung a bit at the time
Sitting here now completely cured and walking around like a spring chicken instead of at times pretty severe discomfort it was a tiny price to pay.
I cannot thank Nurse McGinley enough as she firstly identified the problem and really took a personal interest in getting it better
Her colleagues Janet and Noma are also very dedicated
As I work awkward day and night shifts Nurse McGiinley always went out of her way to see me Sometimes 8: 30 am and sometimes at her lunchtime.
If there is anything further I can add please let me know
Thanks again to Croydon University Hospital and Nurse McGinley and the team at Tissue Viability

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 05 May 2017 using Care Opinion

Hilary Frayne, Head of Nursing for Patient Experience, Croydon Health Services NHS Trust replied on 08 May 2017

Thank you for sharing your complimentary feedback about the Wound Clinic, and I am very pleased that you are feeling better.
I shall pass your kind words to Nurse McGinley and the teams involved.
With best wishes

Rose gave Croydon Health Services NHS Trust a rating of 4 stars

Care & Treatment during emergency admittance

My mum Betty was admitted on Sunday 5th February after a fall down a large staircase! From the minute of the arrival of the paramedics during the admittance at A&E who were brilliant & also in all 3 wards mum was admitted to the care & kindness was brilliant! It has been so good knowing leaving mum aged 82 at night with the feeling she will be looked after!
Thank you to all in Queens 3 & especially to the Dr & nurses in A&E for your care & kindness

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 18 February 2017

Hilary Frayne, Head of Nursing for Patient Experience, Croydon Health Services NHS Trust replied on 20 February 2017

Dear Rose
Thank you for sharing your mum Betty's experience following such a nasty fall, and it is really pleasing to know that you have been so reassured by her care. I shall pass your kind words and compliments to the teams you have mentioned.

Lady in croydon reviewed Croydon Health Services NHS Trust

CASH Service debacle - Extremely rude

The person on the phone is perfectly fine, but the person in charge of seeing patients at the CASH clinic in Edridge Road is in the wrong job and unbelievably rude for no good reason.

I'm disgusted that this person is allowed to keep this job when they clearly have no enjoyment in it all all and feel it's acceptable to treat other people in such a disrespectful way. Shameful.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 30 March 2016

Croydon Health Services NHS Trust has not yet replied.