University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

020 3456 7890 250 Euston Road , London, NW1 2PG

Rachel gave University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Day Surgery on Monday 2nd October 2017

I was admitted on Monday as a day patient, arrival time 7am. I have experienced several different hospitals over the last few months and UCH is second to none, from the time i arrived to when i departed at 730pm the staff were amazing.

Receptionist, the lovely member of staff issuing small thimbles of water on the hour to keep nil by mouth patients hydrated. The Anaesthetist, Consultant, Surgeon, the team who assisted and made me comfortable and reassured me whilst administering General Anaesthetic. In recovery i had the pleasure of meeting a wonderful senior sister who actually specialised in head and neck care and was lending a hand that day.

I cannot recommend or thank the team enough, when you have experience poor care elsewhere, its hospitals and people at UCH that restores your faith and trust in the service.

Thank you all.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 04 October 2017

University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Absolutely disgusting

I was referred by 111 to this hospital as I had an allergic food reaction and my joints swelled up. I informed the doctor of my other medical conditions and was dismissed with two tablets of Co-codamol and told they can’t do anything for me as I’m fine. I was that fine that when I returned to work I have fainted and been taken to another a&e where I actually got treatment.
I’m so disgusted by the way ULCH (supposedly the best and first class!) has dealt with the situation. I will definitely be avoiding this hospital at all costs!

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 12 October 2017

University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Mahtaj Baloch gave University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Amazing staff!

I wanted to thank the a&e staff, and the staff at urgent care centre, I was very poorly and was rushed to uclh by my local hospital, the staff were very caring, managed my pain well as was always asking how I was doing. Follow up was arranged in a couple of days for me to be seen. This hospital is amazing!

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 04 September 2017

University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 14 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We're so pleased you were happy with the care and attention you received from the Urgent Treatment Centre and we will feed this back to the team.

Impatient Ann reviewed University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

waiting for hours for transport

My brother has had his leg amputated and is attending UCH Macmillan Centre. Recently we waited for two hours for transport to take him home. According to my brother this is not unusual. On Sunday we waited almost four hours. We may not have got home at all but for the help of Michaela , Senior Nurse. On Monday, after his first chemotherapy session, we booked transport at 4. 20pm. After several phone calls and requests we were eventually picked up at 9. 45pm. This would have been much later had we not threatened to go to the press. The cafes closed at 5. 30 and we had nothing to eat and only water to drink. We were told there were restaurants nearby but we daren't leave the hospital in case we missed our transport.
My brother has six cycles of chemotherapy and I am extremely worried that he will continue to have similar experiences. The problem seems to be that he needs a two man crew to carry him up the 32 steps into his flat.
I feel that undergoing chemotherapy is stressful enough without having to worry about waiting an inordinate amount of time before getting home.
On Monday he was out if the house for almost twelve hours.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 02 August 2017 using Care Opinion

University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Left hand doesnt know what right hand is doing.

If you can speak for yourself you have a better chance of survival. Some of the staff need to practice what they expect....no tolerance of abuse. As a family member the inconsistent culture caused me great distress.....being told off by Matron?? in front of staff who were blantly enjoying them having a go at me!. What was i doing? Waiting. Sitting patiently waiting where the other families had..where staff had left their children whilst they popped in and out..were they working? Where interviewees waited for hours, security finishing coffee and staff talking about their procedures for the afternoons list on mobile phones. Who were they talking to. Patiently, I asked politely returning to the reception as asked to do so. Noticing other family members going to Recovery ward 12. In desperation I rang admitting clinic for update. Always the question 'Can I see my Mum'. I was put through to someone saying we ve been ringing you......really. Here I am. Then a face to face about policies not about them. Doing me a favour. No thanks. My Mum is priority. If not in her interest not happening. No information from team. No explanation. Down to PALs as already cried in chapel. PALs ccould not get anyones name. 15 mins later Senior in charge. Not Matron and the usual comfortable... no pain. They couldn't answer the nursing questions as not seen them. They gave the phone to my Mum! They had told her everything and she said she wanted to see me but theres a problem. Awful putting it on my Mum. Me the problem... Abuse of Power and hiding behond ' the ward' annominity shameful behaviours. Not as per HCPC standarfs of proficency nor as a compassionate people. Complaint raised. If I were a mystery shopper I d say 'busted' I wont be recommending this hospital. PS..I am calm recovery ward...you wouldn't like to see me.....again. Seems to be inconsistent ambiguious culture lacking respect.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 21 July 2017

University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Paulb gave University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Excellent A&E and AMU treatment

May I thank all the staff at the Accident & Emergency Resuscitation Unit and the Acute Medical Unit for all they did in stabilising my heart condition overnight and during the next day in the last week of July. Every single member of UCLH staff I encountered displayed the utmost professionalism, combined with courtesy, kindness and a sense of humour. This exemplary combination is hard enough to maintain in any role and particularly so, I would imagine, in the roles performed by the front line staff in what must often be extremely difficult and stressful circumstances. I am very grateful to you all.

Although to date I have been fortunate enough to have had limited experience of hospitals, that is about to change. I am pleased that my follow up treatment has been arranged at UCLH on the basis of my experience there to date.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 29 July 2017

University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 09 August 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We're so pleased you were happy with the care and attention you received from the Emergency Departments and we will feed this back to the teams.

Anonymous gave University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

A big thank you to the Bariatric Team

It was a bit of a mission to get through the system to get offered the service but thank you so much for making my daughter's inpatient stay as great as it was. She suffers from anxiety but the reassurance she got from the team made her able to cope with all sorts of things she would not normally have found easy. Compared to our local hospital, the care was superb, the wards clean and comfortable with the staff being really pleasant and helpful. Thank you.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 10 June 2017

University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 16 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We're so pleased you were happy with the care and attention you received from the Bariatric Service and we will feed this back to the team.

Ivor Davis gave University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

How about a Tv series about ER at Univ College Hospital?

Visiting from California I didn't have University College Hospital on my must visit agenda!
But I must say the medical staff were amazingly thorough and professional. Five hours later I left with a lucidly clear prognosis and great admiration for the consultant and nurse. When the NHS seems to be dodging brickbats I can only report that this experience--although I would have preferred to skip it--was most impressive.
Although I am not planning.to return!!!!

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 16 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We're so pleased you were happy with the care and attention you received from the Emergency Department and we will feed this back to the teams.

delboytuk gave University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

First class hospital

.I had the experience of being admitted to UCH Euston road recently. This is the second time in a short while. I have to say as at the first, both stays were pleasant. I want to say thank you to the very professional treatment from highly qualified doctors, nurses and others associated, to all you beautiful people in T1 AMU and T9 South.
Food in my opinion was excellent (food is always a personal choice and one has to choose wisely and carefully from a varied menu but I chose salads mainly and some times the good old sausages and mash with apple crumble or jam roll and custard. At other times just an apple or orange. That was my choice which I found adequate) I want to thank the catering staff who served me and kept me fed throughout the days..
I am still attending various departments which so far, I would be happy to award the same five stars for their excellent professional treatments Thank you, thank you, thank you so much to all involved,..

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 07 July 2017

University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 11 July 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We're so pleased you were happy with the care and attention you received from the Acute Medical Unit and we will feed this back to the team.

Nia Jones reviewed University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Excellent service and friendly caring staff

I experienced a bad bout of gastro enteritis after returning from Thailand. We are from West Wales so had to go to A&E at UCL on our way home to Aberystwyth. Our experience of hospitals are limited thankfully for us, and attending such a big urban hospital seemed quite daunting. However, we had the best service ever...from porters and reception staff to registars and surgeons. We attended a&e, clinical diagnosis ward as well as resuscitation unit and assessment ward. All staff were upbeat and caring and we'd like to thank all of them for the passionate and caring manner. The staff get a lot of abuse from people in A&E, especially on a Friday night . We were quite shocked with the level of aggression that they got but still treated drunk patient with respect. Thanks very much.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 06 May 2017

University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 10 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We're so pleased you were happy with the care and attention you received from A&E and we will feed this back to the team.