Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust

01622 729000 Maidstone Hospital, Hermitage Lane , Maidstone, Kent, ME16 9QQ

Anonymous gave Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust a rating of 4 stars

Laparoscopy post surgery information

I attended Tunbridge Wells Hospital on Saturday 3rd for a laparoscopy in the Short Stay Surgical Unit. I firstly would like to commend the friendly, warm and caring staff who looked after me in the unit, particularly the Theatre Matron and the anaesthetist who really put me at my ease.

My main issue is the lack of information given regarding how I would feel post-op as this is really lacking. It wasn't clearly explained how I may be affected by the side effects of the operation namely the nausea and severe pain in my shoulders from the left-over gas in my system. I wasn't given any information on how to ease the pain i.e peppermint tea and short, regular walks which I have subsquently found on the internet.

I understand every patient is individual and will feel different after the surgery; but I was completely unprepared for the severe shoulder pain, and was also quite ignorant of the bloating, bruising, constipation, dizziness and tiredness. I feel it would be of great benefit to patients to be given a short guide explaining the side effects and practical ways of after care, other than just buying painkillers.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 05 June 2017

Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust replied on 06 June 2017

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent experience at the hospital. Firstly, we were pleased to learn that the staff made you feel well looked after during your stay. Your comments regarding the lack of information about what to expect post-operatively are very valid and we have passed these back to the management team so that they can review their process and ensure that all patients are adequately informed and prepared for how they might feel after this procedure. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. With kind regards, The PALS Team.

Emma gave Plastic surgery at Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Superb service

I visited the Peggy Wood clinic today for a consultation and mammogram. How very fortunate we are to have such a fantastic service available to us! All members of the team were friendly, professional and helpful. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this facility to anyone.
Big thanks to all involved!

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 07 June 2017

Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust replied on 09 June 2017

Dear Emma, thanks so much for leaving such a positive review of the service you received from the Peggy Wood Breast Care Unit. We're thrilled you'd recommend it to others. Please be assured we've passed your thanks on to the staff. With kind regards, The PALS Team.

Maya gave Plastic surgery at Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Care

When I visited the unit didn't know what expect. Working personnel treats you with understanding, respect and dignity. Being an anxious person I had stuff supporting me and diverting my attention. Luckily my issue didn't need any tratment. Even so, they were happy to answer all questions I had and helped me to understand further breast issues. Extremely satisfying care and support. Thank you very much x

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 03 May 2017

Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust replied on 30 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback. It was lovely to read that you have been extremely satisfied with the level of care and support you have received. We will take much pleasure in passing on your kind compliments to the appropriate managers of the service and we know the staff involved will be very pleased to receive this. With our very best wishes for the future. The PALS team

john etheridge gave Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

visits to A and E 5/5/17 and Eye dept on 9/5/17 at Maidstone

My 2 visits were connected and the service I received from both departments was professional. timely and caring. Thanks in particular to the nurse practitioner who saw me on the Friday morning of 5/5/17 in A and E and the nurse and consultant who saw me in the afternoon of 9/5/17 in the Eye department We are very fortunate to have people of your calibre in the NHS..

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 09 May 2017

Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust replied on 21 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your positive experience in Accident and Emergency and the eye department in Maidstone Hospital. We were pleased to learn that you were dealt with by compassionate and professional staff and will certainly pass your thanks onto them. With kind regards, the PALS team

Anonymous reviewed Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust

Staff failed to listen and missed my mum having a stroke

Last week my mother became unwell with symptoms of a stroke. My family unfortunately were wrongly advised and ended up transporting my mum to A&E rather than use 999 service. When I arrived at the hospital I could see that things were not right and being a nurse spoke to the triage nurse. This triage nurse was dismissive and rude and failed to listen saying that mum was FAST negative. I pushed for help and eventually help came but very grudgingly. Long story short my mum had had a mini stroke - triage nurses need to listen and not ignore family

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 12 May 2017

Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust replied on 09 June 2017

We're really sorry that you had a poor experience when attending the Emergency Department with your mother. We wouldn't want anyone to feel that they have to push for help or that they have not been listened to. If you would like to discuss your experience in more detail, please feel free to contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 01892 632953 or email mtw-tr.palsoffice@nhs.net, where a member of staff will be happy to help. In the meantime, we have passed your comments on to the Acute and Emergency management team for their attention. With kind regards, The PALS Team.

Anonymous gave Plastic surgery at Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Peggy Wood Breast Care Clinic

I attended the Peggy Wood Breast Care Clinic at Maidstone Hospital this week and was so impressed I had to leave a review. I was referred after a routine mammogram and, as can be expected, nervous about the possible outcome. My welcome from the receptionist was warm and professional and I was shown to a modern and comfortable waiting room. I was one of the lucky ones that day, and within an hour I had had an ultrasound with the doctor and they had given me the all clear. They explained that I had a cyst and that there was no likelihood of it turning into cancer. The clinic has all the kit and professionals on site and can give feedback to patients very quickly, thereby, reducing the 'worry time' for patients lucky enough to have good news. I was very impressed with the efficiency and professionalism of the whole unit. Than you to everyone.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 27 May 2017

Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust replied on 07 June 2017

Thank you so much for leaving such a positive review of your experience in the Peggy Wood Breast Centre. We understand how worrying these times can be and it's great to know that you received such a warm welcome and quick results. We're delighted that you had such a good outcome and have shared your comments with the staff in the unit. Kind regards, The PALS Team.

Tony mann gave Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Brilliant Service

14:20 appointment for a respitory consultation. In the space of 1.5 hours I have had a raft of tests including an X ray - minimal waiting, great staff, great organisation. The consultation itself was 5 star - NHS at its best.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 03 April 2017

Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust replied on 03 April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave comments on your recent experience of visiting the Trust. We are delighted that you received such good service and have passed your feedback on to the staff involved. Kind regards, The PALS Team.

Anonymous gave Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Audiology Clinic

First appointment at Maidstone audiology clinic, I was feeling quite apprehensive as I have only recently admitted that my lack of hearing is a real problem. I am relatively young (40's) and have a very busy family life, I was worried that I would be told that nothing could be done and how that would then impact on me. I couldn't have been more wrong! Wonderful caring service, the audiologist was superb, they listened to me and made me feel valued. The appointment took an hour, I had a hearing test and was then fitted for hearing aids. I left feeling as if a weight had been lifted from my shoulders.

I went into the garden a few minutes ago and heard a blackbird singing, I haven't heard that wonderful sound for over a year. Thank you.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 25 April 2017

Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust replied on 26 April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at Maidstone Audiology clinic. We were pleased to learn that you were so well taken care of and that your hearing problem was resolved so effectively. We will certainly pass your thanks onto the department. With kind regards, the PALS team

Martyn Dixon gave Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

endoscopy unit

I had a gastroscopy in the endoscopy unit. The procedure was explained to me beforehand and my questions answered in full. The whole team involved in the procedure were highly competent, professional and caring. The entire procedure was without pain. To my surprise, it did not involve passing the endoscope through my nose. Afterwards, the photos taken were immediately shown to me and explained in a way which I could understand. The aftercare, to monitor my recovery, was also subtle and first-rate.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 21 March 2017

Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust replied on 03 April 2017

Dear Mr Dixon, thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent experience of our endoscopy service. We are very pleased that your procedure went smoothly and that you received all the necessary support and information from the staff involved. We have shared your comments with them. Kind regards, The PALS Team.

Anonymous gave Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Another professional and efficient A&E response at MTW

Prompt, efficient and professional response to me pitching up with AF. Left a few hours later confident having been thoroughly checked out and given revised medication regime. Totally different to expectation set by BBC!

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 10 February 2017

Maidstone and Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust replied on 03 April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review the service you received from the Emergency Department earlier this year. Your kind comments have been passed on to the team. Kind regards, The PALS Team.