Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust

0161 789 7373 Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust, Stott Lane , Salford, M6 8HD

John ratcliff gave Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Hospital stay.

I was admitted to the hospital over the weekend and spent 3 nights in the emergency assessment unit awaiting surgery. All the staff on the unit were fantastic in everything they had done to help me. And the others on the unit. After my surgery the nurse staff assisted with turning me and assisting with personal care as I was in so much pain. I was unable to do anything for my self for around 8 hours. The staff team were extremely friendly and diverse. I would love to show my appreciation and to give a big thank you to all the staff. The staff who sured the food for making us all laugh. The nurse,doctors, support worker, Surgery support workers for being understanding and making the trip to surgery comforting the sergons that done a great job. By far the best hospital experience I've ever had. All in all a 5 starts from me. I wish I could do more to thank them

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 09 August 2017

Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust replied on 07 September 2017

Dear John

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about the good service that you have received. You are indeed right, a pleasant manner, and being put at your ease is what the caring profession and our NHS is all about.

I will pass on your comments to the EAU and Surgical team, however, if you could contact our PALS service, we can ensure that your comments reach all who were involved in your care. The PALS team can be contacted on 0161 206 2003 or via email to pals@srft.nhs.uk between the hours of 08:30 and 16:30, Monday to Friday.

Thank you again, and we wish you all the best with your continued recovery!

Jack lea gave Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Overnight stay after back opp.

I was very presently surprised by the great treatment that I received. The staff were great keep me well informed as to what would be happening. From the top down putting me at ease.would not have any hesitations about going to Salford Royal again but fingers crossed I won't have to. Highly recommend this hostpital

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 25 August 2017

Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust replied on 07 September 2017

Dear Jack

We are happy to hear of your positive experiences of Salford Royal services. Our aim is to ensure we provide exceptional care in all of our wards and departments. Your comments will be passed onto the senior nursing teams. If you could contact our PALS service, we can ensure that your comments reach all who were involved in your care. The PALS team can be contacted on 0161 206 2003 or via email to pals@srft.nhs.uk between the hours of 08:30 and 16:30, Monday to Friday.

Thanks again for your feedback and we wish you well with your recovery!

Anonymous did not recommend Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust

Dermatology clinic - staff had no interest whatsoever

I am a 21 year old girl who has had skin problems / eczema since birth. Mostly I have managed it well with my GP & one spell under the care of this clinic 3yrs ago. I have fought to be referred back here & waited a long time for an appt so I was very hopeful for some expert care & advice after having had 18 months where my skin has had several unexplained terrible flareups and the eczema out of control.
As a young girl, my skin problems are very upsetting and I have become quite depressed as preventing me from exposing my skin for fear of embarrassment & shame. I have become quite depressed & my confidence has been affected.
There were 2 staff at my appointment; neither of them introduced themselves to me by name or profession so am unsure if they were doctors or nurses. I tried to explain why i was there as best I could describing my symptoms & also expressing how I was at my wits end. It was clear from the outset that they were not interested and didn't show or express any empathy whatsoever. After a very brief physical examination of my back by who I presumed was the 'doctor' , they then asked me what I wanted from the clinic? what did I think would help? I was quite shocked at this approach & felt quite intimidated as it was with a level of hostility & disinterest. If I knew what would help me I would certainly already be doing it and not seeking help and advice from the experts? The 'doctor' then suggested blood tests / allergy tests which I have never had before so agreed but then they said what do i want to be tested for? It was left for me to suggest which blood tests?
I am a Teaching Assistant...not a nurse or a Doctor! The other option was would I prefer UV treatment? I have no idea what is best for me....surely that is what they should be telling me? I was told I could have blood tests OR UV treatment..but not both? I was then just handed the card and given no instructions on where to go with it or when? I am 21 and to be treated like this was awful and I was in tears as I left. From start to finish the appointment was 10 minutes and I left so demoralised. I would really like a response to this review and am also going to complain to the NHS. I know now I should have asked for their names and their profession but to intimidate a young girl in such a way is shocking.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 28 June 2017

Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust replied on 29 June 2017

Thank you for leaving a review, we’re sorry to hear that you waited so long for an appointment and then found the outcome so unsatisfactory. The NHS Choices page for Radcliffe PCC is monitored by Pennine Care, but the service you visited is ran by Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust.

We've been in touch with our colleagues at Salford Royal to raise your comments with them and they're really keen to look into this for you. Please could you contact the Salford Royal PALS team on 0161 206 2003 or PALS@srft.nhs.uk, so they can find out more and talk you through the complaints process should you wish to make one.

Jo Armstrong gave Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Amazing staff and hospital

I was transferred to Salford Royal from Wythenshawe after suffering a Subaracnoid Haemorrhage ( brain haemorrhage ) in May 2017. This was one of the scariest things that had ever happened to me. From the moment I was admitted to the time I left, the Neurological team were simply amazing. They consulted with me every step of the way, were kind, patient and caring during the time I stayed with them. This included everyone from Consultant to Cleaning team, nurses, nursing aids , all simply fabulous. They made one of the worst situations ive encountered so much better and I simply can't thank them enough. In a time when the NHS is often criticised they were shining stars. Thank you once again for your kindness, compassion and hard work. A simply thank you just can't convey my appreciation of this team and the hospital overall.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 13 June 2017

Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust replied on 20 June 2017

Dear Jo

Many thanks for taking time to write your review of our services. We always appreciate feedback on our staff and we're delighted to hear that you had a positive experience of our service, and that you were happy with your treatment and that the team looking after you were fabulous.

We would be happy to share this with the team, if you could contact our PALS service, we can ensure that your comments reach all who were involved in your care. The PALS team can be contacted on 0161 206 2003 or via email to pals@srft.nhs.uk between the hours of 08:30 and 16:30, Monday to Friday.

Thank you again, and we wish you all the best with your continued recovery.

Rach619 gave Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Excellent

Have visited a few times so far this year & been treated by various different departments. Everything single visit has been excellent. From doctors, nurses, receptionists, cleaners & volunteers in the cafe, can't say enough good things!

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 07 April 2017

Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust replied on 18 May 2017

Dear Rach619

Many thanks for your review, we are very grateful to you for taking the time to do this and are very pleased to hear that you had a positive experience of Salford Royal's services.

We would be happy to share this with those teams, if you could contact our PALS service, we can ensure that your comments reach all who were involved in your care. The PALS team can be contacted on 0161 206 2003 or via email to pals@srft.nhs.uk between the hours of 08:30 and 16:30, Monday to Friday.

Thank you.

Hollyanna reviewed Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust

Podiatry Services appointment policy

For about many years I have had orthotics made for me by the above service. I retired about several years ago and am still active, physically, mentally and socially, which you might think is something to be encouraged to keep people healthy. I recently had some new orthotics made and was sent an appointment to collect them, but I had not been asked about the date and it happened to fall while I will be away on holiday. I rang four weeks before the appointment and changed it. There was no problem about that.
The replacement appointment, on a new date, was for a time just after another engagement I had on that day. The time of that engagement was changed by the organizers, making it impossible to get to the podiatry appointment afterwards. The letter I had been sent about the new appointment said if I could not go or needed to change it, I should ring and let the Service know. When I did that, a full three weeks before the appointment, I felt that I was spoken to like a naughty child and told I could not make another appointment because I had already changed it once. I am apparently supposed to go to my extremely busy GP and ask for a referral as a "new patient", despite the fact that my tailor-made orthotics are ready and waiting to be collected! I was told there was no way around this as it is "Trust policy" and that they can't change my appointment because I "have plans". In other words, they have made a decision that anything else I may want to do is less important than an appointment to pick up new orthotics. Considering doctor's, dentist's and optician's appointments can be changed as necessary, what is so different about podiatry? I feel the policy is ridiculous and patronising. Instead of encouraging older people to be active and engage in society, It feels like we are to wait around for our podiatry appointments and make everything else in our lives subordinate to them.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 30 March 2017 using Care Opinion

Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust replied on 31 March 2017

Dear Hollyanna
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We are so sorry to hear about your experience and that your felt let down by our service. We are disappointed as your experience does not reflect our Trust values, where we pride ourselves on our professionalism and communication skills. You have described your experience very well, and we will make sure the senior nursing team are made aware so they can cascade this to the team involved in your care.
To allow us to investigate this further, can I ask that you contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS), on 0161 206 2003 or email them directly on pals@srft.nhs.uk with further details of your appointment, so we can give you some further answers.
Kind regards.

Gwen Burley reviewed Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust

Waiting time?

My husband had a pre op 18 weeks ago in readiness for surgery, he was told the operation would probably take place April /May and since then nothing more as been heard. This was to be major surgery and the stress of the waiting is having a huge impact on both our lives
We expected better from Salford Royal and feel badly let down

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 11 July 2017

Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust replied on 27 July 2017

Dear Gwen

Many thanks for taking the time to review Salford Royal's services. We are sorry to hear that your husband is still waiting for the date for his surgery - we would very much welcome the opportunity to look into this further for you and to confirm when his surgery will be scheduled. Please can I ask that you contact our PALS service on 0161 206 2003 or email them on pals@srft.nhs.uk so that further enquiries can be made.

Anonymous gave Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 2 stars

delay to surgery

having been referred srft I received an appointment within days for a month later again within days I received another letter inside were three pages two telling me my original appointment had been cancelled the other to tell me I had another appointment elsewhere in srft area.Again within days my time came and I was assessed by a doctor who arranged for me to have an mri scan after this the doctor agreed on surgery .Within days I had a pre op assessment and was passed to have the surgery.After three wks of waiting I made an enquiry through PALS about the waiting time.That same afternoon I received a phone call ,I was told I am not on any waiting list even though one of my letters states I am and would have to wait a further two wks to see their doctor who would make any decision regards surgery.Then and only then would I be placed on any list I contacted PALS again to be told that they are satisfied procedure is correct and that the first outpatient appointment would be the start of any waiting time or treatment,If that is correct why have I been sent to three different departments by letters from srft and have a letter saying I am on planned surgery.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 02 December 2016

Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust replied on 20 January 2017

Firstly we would like to apologise that this has been your experience within our service.

I understand that you're already in contact with our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) - if you haven't heard back from them already, please could we ask that you call them directly on 0161 206 2003 or email them directly on pals@srft.nhs.uk with your details so they can update you on this.

Beeb gave Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Day surgery

I came in earlier this week to have some lumps removed, but I'd found another painful one a couple of weeks earlier. This was removed along with the others. I had a wait being last on the list (but someone has to be). The staff were brilliant and I was treated with utmost respect at all times. My pain post surgery was addressed right away and I was allowed to go home later the same day, pain free. Thank you. I felt in safe hands.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 26 August 2016

Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust replied on 02 November 2016

Dear Beeb

We are happy to hear of your positive experiences of Salford Royal services. Our aim is to ensure we provide exceptional care in all of our wards and departments. Your comments will be passed onto the senior nursing teams in Day Surgery.

Thanks again for your feedback and we wish you well with your recovery!

Anonymous gave Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Would recommend

i had day surgery was really impressed with the treatment and care i received.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 04 November 2016

Salford Royal NHS Foundation Trust replied on 20 January 2017

Many thanks for taking time to write your review of our services. We always appreciate feedback on our staff and we're delighted to hear that you had a positive experience.

Thank you.