Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

03004 222 222 Trust HQ, Alexandra House, Sandford Road , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL53 7AN

Elaine James gave Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Lack of Interest

My son visited our gp yesterday with kidney problems (he has a history, including failed kidney) GP referee him to Urology, along with other tests. Later in the day, they came to our home because it was worrying them, so they'd phoned Urology and they'd asked them to give my son a letter, which he should take to Cheltenham A & E, where Urology would see him, and scan him!
Drove over an hour to get there, not our local hospital, to discover that nobody knew what we were on about, and they even suggested our gp had 'got it wrong'.
This took them 4 hours to communicate though. So my son was sent away, another hour plus drive home, still in extreme pain, and told to take paracetamol!
Where is the mystery urologist that our gp spoke to...

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 21 September 2017

Hi there
Sorry to hear about your experience of our services. If you haven’t already done so it would be great if you could get in touch with our patient liaison (PALS) team who can take a few more details and look into the issues you’ve raised further? You can contact PALS on 0800 019 3282 (Freephone) or email ghn-tr.pals.gloshospitals@nhs.net
Many thanks for bringing this issue to our attention.
The team at Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Anonymous gave Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

my sons's treatment for concussion after unprovoked punch

Hello My son was trying to protect friend who was being picked on in pitville street at the end of August,broke his nose and has left him with severe headaches and visual problems.
We have attended the A&E at Cheltenham several times as well as the Ambulatory dept via his GP where a wonderful Doctor arranged a CT scan there and then-it had been offered before but we and the Doctors were holding off another head CT as he had one as a Young child-he is now 19.
Thank goodness the scan showed no damage ,he came yesterday 23/09/17 to see the A&E yet again as he had lost vision in one eye and as usual your poor dept was rammed but the care and concern shown by the Doctor and the Emergency senior Clinician was wonderful and they even arranged for him to see the Eye Clinic this coming Tuesday 26/09/17 after consulting with the eye specialist=wonderful service and patience form all the very hard working and dedicated staff you are so lucky to have /.
Well done to all your staff,we have been involved with both Cheltenham and Gloucester hospitals with various members of our Family and your staff always try their best

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 24 September 2017

Hi there
Thank you very much for sharing this feedback with us - so good to hear you son has been well looked after. We will make sure we pass your comments on to the staff in the departments you've mentioned.

Thorough and lovrly

I recently had to visit to maternity ward due to some issues I had faced during pregnancy. I cannot thank the maternity staff enough, the triage & maternity ward staff were so lovely, efficient and thorough. Both myself and baby were so well cared for. Everything they did came with a valid explanation. A special mention to my midwife, they go above and beyond to make sure the ladies they look after are comfortable and happy. Genuinely invests their time in you as opposed to the bare minimum. The ward is obviously busy but each midwife took the time with each patient.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 16 August 2017

Hi there
Thank you very much for sharing this feedback with us. We will make sure we pass your comments on to the staff in maternity.

Martine gave Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 4 stars

positively impressed

I took my son Xavier to the A&E on the 25/08/2017. I was impressed by the professionalism of the staff from the A&E to the Ward 7 A on the Tower Block.
Ok the hospital is more shabby that shabby chic and it is not spotless clean. But, a the end of the day the most important thing is not the colour of the walls but the quality, the professionalism and the care of the staff.
On the ward I found both male and female nurses courteous, helpful and efficient. I was not expecting such a high standard. At this level I did not see any difference with the private sector apart from the hospital buildings which need to be renovated.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 26 August 2017

Hi there
Thank you very much for sharing this feedback with us. We will make sure we pass your comments on to the staff in the department.

Julia gave Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Day surgery unit

I just want to thank every member of staff on the day surgery ward at Gloucester hospital for all their kindness and care yesterday! You were all so lovely caring and kind and nothing was too much trouble! You made my experience stress free and made sure I was given all the care and answered all my questions! I admire all your dedication to your jobs! I do hope my thanks get passed on to the staff that were on duty dealing with breast surgery!

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 14 July 2017

The team at Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Anonymous gave at Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Cancelled appt without communication to patient!

Waited for 6 months for appt after gp referral. Attended appt only to be told it had been cancelled 2 months ago. I received no notification of cancellation and with further investigation was informed that they had written to my GP! Cancellation due to to NHS no longer providing treatment for referred condition however local private clinic also not available due to patients age.
Formal complaint made via PALS - awaiting response. No treatment available locally it seems 😢

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 11 June 2017

Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Paul warner gave Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Appointment system faulty.

Phoned appt booking Unable to get appt diary not with office.Phoned 2 wks later.Given appt.Told I would get confirmation Didn't arrive.phoned 2 wks later.Confirmed over phone Asked for letter.Still didn't get one.Normally get
Msm reminder msg from Bookings but did not happen.Phoned before attending today ti confirm and was pushed from pillar to post.Attended all Ok.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 23 February 2017

Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 24 February 2017

Hi there

Sorry to hear about your experience booking your appointment. If you haven't already done so I would encourage you to get in touch with our patient liaison (PALS) team so they can take a few more details and look into the issues you've experienced. This also helps us improve our services for future patients. You can call PALS on 0800 019 3282 (Free phone) or email pals.gloucestershirehospitals@glos.nhs.uk

Anne Gazzard reviewed Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

A Big Thank you to all the Staff

Two weeks ago I had a second hip replacement. From the moment I entered the admissions suite to finally leaving 3 days later from the discharge centre I found everyone to be most courteous and helpful. I would like to say a particularly big thank you to the Staff of Ward 3a, nothing was too much trouble and also a big thank you to the Dieticians and kitchen staff. Everyone on the ward enjoyed the food, good choices, well cooked and good proportions, the sweet and sour pork particularly delicious as were the soups. Thank you for making it such a pleasant stay.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 15 December 2016

Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 20 January 2017

Hi there,

Thank you so much for this lovely feedback! It's great to hear that you were so well cared for on Ward 3a and we're glad you enjoyed the food! We will pass your kind words on to the staff.

The team at Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Anonymous gave at Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Partial knee replacement

I was well looked after on ward 3a. The staff were professional and friendly, although very busy all the time. The ward was very clean. The physiotherapists were very prompt in getting everyone up and moving and gave me the confidence to tackle stairs etc. quickly. They were also quick to arrange aids for my home to help me. Unfortunately I experienced a long delay before my operation as the lists changed around constantly, however the admissions staff were helpful and informative and kept my spirits up during the lengthy wait. Although it is early days and I am still recovering, the surgeon and their team did a great job and have given me my mobility back, so I am very grateful for that. Also the scar is very neat! The only thing that was frustrating was the very lengthy discharge process. The food was varied and there was lots of choice. Overall a very good experience.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 02 February 2017

Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 17 February 2017

Hello,

Thank you very much for sharing this feedback with us. We hope you are recovering well at home and will pass your comments on to the staff you've mentioned.

Ward 9A GRH and Heart wards

.I would like to extend our families heart felt thank-you. Particularly at the compassion and dignity extended to my Father during his recent end of life care. Information and caring towards us all at this extremely difficult time. Sadly my father passed away after only a week. Although he had been a frequent visitor throughout the past years. His Heart Consultant and staff always went the extra mile. Which has been extended to his recent stay in Ward 9A. previous stays were not to the high standards experienced this time. Keep up the good work you are appreciated long may the NHS offer dedication and commitment to caring for the sick.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 28 October 2016

Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 03 December 2016

Hi there

Thank you for taking the time to share these kind words with us at what must be a difficult time for you and your family. It's good to hear that your father was so well looked after and we will do our best to make sure your feedback reaches those who looked after him.