Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

03004 222 222 Trust HQ, Alexandra House, Sandford Road , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL53 7AN

Terence PETTIT gave Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

fantastic service 06-09-18

Had consultation with a consutant yesterday for a hernia and was offered surgery today at Cirencester Hospital I cannot speak highly enough of the treatment I receieved from all the staff who looked after me.
Thank you all for your care.
I cannot understand people that complain about the NHS if you need them they are there for you its the time wasters that clog up A& E that are the trouble

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 06 September 2018

Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 2 stars

Not brilliant at all.

So, my mother went to Cheltenham NHS General Hospital. And it was just a horrible day. At first she got told to be there by 7.30 or a little earlier to which she was, however they then messed around by saying at 09:45 am that she will not be seen until later afternoon.
Around 16:45 we got informed that she was moving towards the ward where she was staying after her theatre, only because that part was closing. This I found absolutely disgusting due to the fact my mother hadn’t eaten or drank(due to the requirements) and was incredibly tired.
Neither staff that had spoken to her were politely, they came across as very obnoxious and very down-looking, their voice sounded fake as my mother explained her frustration.
However, around 17:25 a nurse came up to her, and was incredibly polite and was absolutely brilliant. She informed my mother that the team were staying in for her as she’s been waiting a year, if not more and expressed that she wasn’t going to have her place cancelled.
She was absolutely amazing, and ever so kind.

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 11 September 2018

Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

kerry gave at Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

1st May 2018

Absolutely amazing and caring staff, my son was took straight in around 6.30pm and we were discharged in the early hours, all the staff were so caring and formal, all advice was given right through, we can not thank you all enough, at the end of their long shifts they still managed to smile and say take care!! they do an amazing job! well done such credit to you guys!

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 02 May 2018

Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

thankyou to all on day surgery

I would like to say thankyou so much to all the stuff on day sugary from the doctor and staff from the anesthesia nurse with a e to all who looked after me thankyou for all your care.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 29 March 2018

Urology appointment

My story.

I discovered a lump attached to a testicle and thought best to check it out. I rang on the Monday and after a short wait was offered an appointment with a doctor that day. He was polite, professional and interested. He explained what he was going to do, urgent pathway to Urology.
I received a call from Prestbury clinic on the wednesday for a consult on the thursday.

I attended at the outpatients department and after a short wait was personally invited in by the consultant who was charming, knowledgeable and efficient. He put me at ease, explained his thinking and put me down for an ultrasound in due course just in case.

I have heard many horror stories about the NHS but I have to say, my experience was fantastic. From finding something that needed to be checked out I was seen and sorted within 4 days, better than a private consult I imagine.

Please pass on my thanks to all concerned. Top marks.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 01 February 2018

Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave at Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Planned visit

It was my husband Bruce , who was in the Hartpury suite yesterday 23/2/18 for an angiogram and possible stent . I can't praise the staff enough , on all levels of qualification . The first proffessional we met , was extremely helpful and very observant that my husband may be a tad apprehensive about the procedure about to happen . She kept thing very lighthearted and soon had the gentlemen in the ward looking more relaxed . When my husband came back from his investigation with news that he may have to have a triple bypass she not only paid attention to him but kept an eye on me as the news was a shock to us both .
We were both kept informed of the next step by ward staff and the consultant came back two or three times to tell Bruce what was happening next and that he had managed to book a CT scan for the afternoon .
We then had a member of staff with us to take Bruce to CT scan and give Bruce the meds he needed before this . She was very friendly and answered some of our worries about bypass surgery .i can't applaud this team enough . As someone who wasn't the patient , to come away with such praise for how they work together as a TEAM is really important in this day and age where people moan a lot about the NHS .
I hope you never need to attend the Hartpury suite . But if you do , rest assured you will be in very good hands . Thank you

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 24 February 2018

Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

John Tower gave Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 2 stars

Scaphoid fracture

I had a fractured scaphoid which was identified by my local emergency unit. My first consultation was fantastic (it was with a consultant moonlighting from Gloucester hospital)
I was then referred for a 2nd opinion as he wasn't sure if I needed surgery. The 2nd Dr who saw me was terrible. they refused to give me a sick note and even though I was in a cast and could not complete my job role (a week had passed) They didn't offer a sick note or seem to even care about me as a patient. Unfortunately I cannot name the Dr, who I would as they were really not helpful at all. An error was made with my follow up appointment which meant I was stuck in plaster for 12 weeks. My last appointment again was with same Dr I'd seen the 2nd time and again they weren't helpful or caring again refusing a sick note. This time I would not be denied and had to make the Dr feel really uncomfortable so that she rebuked and eventually gave me a sick note as I was unable to work for the immediate week after having my cast removed.

Service, as always, depends very much on who sees you. Not good

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 16 March 2018

Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Tactless Ultrasound Technician

I had an Ultasound appointment. Never been before to anything like this. The technician did not introduce them-self. Did not explain procedure or when they were going to start. Was very heavy handed. Rude & told me my diagnosis. Did not put me at my ease. Communication was non-existent along with a smile. I will never ever put myself through this again because it was an awful experience & this is not half of it!! Your technician needs people skills. I won’t even bother going back to the GP just in case I would have to be referred again- thanks technician for an awful experience!!

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 24 November 2017

Andy/Sally reviewed Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Reception staff attitude

Just recently my wife had an appointment cancelled to see a consultant at your hospital.So she phoned after this happened and allowed some time for her Open appointment! To be reissued.We were met with a great deal of hostility from a "senior" member of staff within that department.who insisted my wife make an appointment back at our G Ps this was an incorrect proceedure! Resulting my wife crying at the person's attitude.(further details can be produced if required) Our concerns with the way my wife was spoken too resulted us in having No confidence in your hospital! And switched to a hospital that will incure financial stress as we have to travel to Bristol now.Please can you pass on to staff on telephone calls that people on the other end of phones have problems! The last thing they want to hear is an unsympathetic person.After all if I get it wrong I could face suspension.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 15 November 2017

Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Elaine James gave Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Lack of Interest

My son visited our gp yesterday with kidney problems (he has a history, including failed kidney) GP referee him to Urology, along with other tests. Later in the day, they came to our home because it was worrying them, so they'd phoned Urology and they'd asked them to give my son a letter, which he should take to Cheltenham A & E, where Urology would see him, and scan him!
Drove over an hour to get there, not our local hospital, to discover that nobody knew what we were on about, and they even suggested our gp had 'got it wrong'.
This took them 4 hours to communicate though. So my son was sent away, another hour plus drive home, still in extreme pain, and told to take paracetamol!
Where is the mystery urologist that our gp spoke to...

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 21 September 2017

Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 26 September 2017

Hi there
Sorry to hear about your experience of our services. If you haven’t already done so it would be great if you could get in touch with our patient liaison (PALS) team who can take a few more details and look into the issues you’ve raised further? You can contact PALS on 0800 019 3282 (Freephone) or email ghn-tr.pals.gloshospitals@nhs.net
Many thanks for bringing this issue to our attention.
Best wishes