Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

03004 222 222 Trust HQ, Alexandra House, Sandford Road , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL53 7AN

Anonymous gave Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Tactless Ultrasound Technician

I had an Ultasound appointment. Never been before to anything like this. The technician did not introduce them-self. Did not explain procedure or when they were going to start. Was very heavy handed. Rude & told me my diagnosis. Did not put me at my ease. Communication was non-existent along with a smile. I will never ever put myself through this again because it was an awful experience & this is not half of it!! Your technician needs people skills. I won’t even bother going back to the GP just in case I would have to be referred again- thanks technician for an awful experience!!

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 24 November 2017

Andy/Sally reviewed Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Reception staff attitude

Just recently my wife had an appointment cancelled to see a consultant at your hospital.So she phoned after this happened and allowed some time for her Open appointment! To be reissued.We were met with a great deal of hostility from a "senior" member of staff within that department.who insisted my wife make an appointment back at our G Ps this was an incorrect proceedure! Resulting my wife crying at the person's attitude.(further details can be produced if required) Our concerns with the way my wife was spoken too resulted us in having No confidence in your hospital! And switched to a hospital that will incure financial stress as we have to travel to Bristol now.Please can you pass on to staff on telephone calls that people on the other end of phones have problems! The last thing they want to hear is an unsympathetic person.After all if I get it wrong I could face suspension.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 15 November 2017

Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Elaine James gave Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Lack of Interest

My son visited our gp yesterday with kidney problems (he has a history, including failed kidney) GP referee him to Urology, along with other tests. Later in the day, they came to our home because it was worrying them, so they'd phoned Urology and they'd asked them to give my son a letter, which he should take to Cheltenham A & E, where Urology would see him, and scan him!
Drove over an hour to get there, not our local hospital, to discover that nobody knew what we were on about, and they even suggested our gp had 'got it wrong'.
This took them 4 hours to communicate though. So my son was sent away, another hour plus drive home, still in extreme pain, and told to take paracetamol!
Where is the mystery urologist that our gp spoke to...

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 21 September 2017

Hi there
Sorry to hear about your experience of our services. If you haven’t already done so it would be great if you could get in touch with our patient liaison (PALS) team who can take a few more details and look into the issues you’ve raised further? You can contact PALS on 0800 019 3282 (Freephone) or email ghn-tr.pals.gloshospitals@nhs.net
Many thanks for bringing this issue to our attention.
The team at Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Anonymous gave Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

my sons's treatment for concussion after unprovoked punch

Hello My son was trying to protect friend who was being picked on in pitville street at the end of August,broke his nose and has left him with severe headaches and visual problems.
We have attended the A&E at Cheltenham several times as well as the Ambulatory dept via his GP where a wonderful Doctor arranged a CT scan there and then-it had been offered before but we and the Doctors were holding off another head CT as he had one as a Young child-he is now 19.
Thank goodness the scan showed no damage ,he came yesterday 23/09/17 to see the A&E yet again as he had lost vision in one eye and as usual your poor dept was rammed but the care and concern shown by the Doctor and the Emergency senior Clinician was wonderful and they even arranged for him to see the Eye Clinic this coming Tuesday 26/09/17 after consulting with the eye specialist=wonderful service and patience form all the very hard working and dedicated staff you are so lucky to have /.
Well done to all your staff,we have been involved with both Cheltenham and Gloucester hospitals with various members of our Family and your staff always try their best

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 24 September 2017

Hi there
Thank you very much for sharing this feedback with us - so good to hear you son has been well looked after. We will make sure we pass your comments on to the staff in the departments you've mentioned.

Thorough and lovrly

I recently had to visit to maternity ward due to some issues I had faced during pregnancy. I cannot thank the maternity staff enough, the triage & maternity ward staff were so lovely, efficient and thorough. Both myself and baby were so well cared for. Everything they did came with a valid explanation. A special mention to my midwife, they go above and beyond to make sure the ladies they look after are comfortable and happy. Genuinely invests their time in you as opposed to the bare minimum. The ward is obviously busy but each midwife took the time with each patient.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 16 August 2017

Hi there
Thank you very much for sharing this feedback with us. We will make sure we pass your comments on to the staff in maternity.

Martine gave Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 4 stars

positively impressed

I took my son Xavier to the A&E on the 25/08/2017. I was impressed by the professionalism of the staff from the A&E to the Ward 7 A on the Tower Block.
Ok the hospital is more shabby that shabby chic and it is not spotless clean. But, a the end of the day the most important thing is not the colour of the walls but the quality, the professionalism and the care of the staff.
On the ward I found both male and female nurses courteous, helpful and efficient. I was not expecting such a high standard. At this level I did not see any difference with the private sector apart from the hospital buildings which need to be renovated.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 26 August 2017

Hi there
Thank you very much for sharing this feedback with us. We will make sure we pass your comments on to the staff in the department.

Julia gave Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Day surgery unit

I just want to thank every member of staff on the day surgery ward at Gloucester hospital for all their kindness and care yesterday! You were all so lovely caring and kind and nothing was too much trouble! You made my experience stress free and made sure I was given all the care and answered all my questions! I admire all your dedication to your jobs! I do hope my thanks get passed on to the staff that were on duty dealing with breast surgery!

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 14 July 2017

The team at Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Anonymous gave at Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Cancelled appt without communication to patient!

Waited for 6 months for appt after gp referral. Attended appt only to be told it had been cancelled 2 months ago. I received no notification of cancellation and with further investigation was informed that they had written to my GP! Cancellation due to to NHS no longer providing treatment for referred condition however local private clinic also not available due to patients age.
Formal complaint made via PALS - awaiting response. No treatment available locally it seems 😢

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 11 June 2017

Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Paul warner gave Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Appointment system faulty.

Phoned appt booking Unable to get appt diary not with office.Phoned 2 wks later.Given appt.Told I would get confirmation Didn't arrive.phoned 2 wks later.Confirmed over phone Asked for letter.Still didn't get one.Normally get
Msm reminder msg from Bookings but did not happen.Phoned before attending today ti confirm and was pushed from pillar to post.Attended all Ok.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 23 February 2017

Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 24 February 2017

Hi there

Sorry to hear about your experience booking your appointment. If you haven't already done so I would encourage you to get in touch with our patient liaison (PALS) team so they can take a few more details and look into the issues you've experienced. This also helps us improve our services for future patients. You can call PALS on 0800 019 3282 (Free phone) or email pals.gloucestershirehospitals@glos.nhs.uk

Anne Gazzard reviewed Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

A Big Thank you to all the Staff

Two weeks ago I had a second hip replacement. From the moment I entered the admissions suite to finally leaving 3 days later from the discharge centre I found everyone to be most courteous and helpful. I would like to say a particularly big thank you to the Staff of Ward 3a, nothing was too much trouble and also a big thank you to the Dieticians and kitchen staff. Everyone on the ward enjoyed the food, good choices, well cooked and good proportions, the sweet and sour pork particularly delicious as were the soups. Thank you for making it such a pleasant stay.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 15 December 2016

Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 20 January 2017

Hi there,

Thank you so much for this lovely feedback! It's great to hear that you were so well cared for on Ward 3a and we're glad you enjoyed the food! We will pass your kind words on to the staff.