George Eliot Hospital NHS Trust

024 76 351 351 Lewes House, College Street , Nuneaton, Warwickshire, CV10 7DJ

Wendy stanton gave George Eliot Hospital NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Excellent.

Cannot fault any aspect of treatment and care I received from everyone that attended to me during my stay at George Eliot.
This hospital is well run and the staff are a credit to it.
Five stars is well earned.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 25 September 2017

George Eliot Hospital NHS Trust has not yet replied.

Christine Harris gave George Eliot Hospital NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Endoscopy unit

Had gastroscopy today at the new unit and although I was really nervous the whole team from receptionist to the nurses and the surgeon were all very understanding and patient making the procedure as tolerable as possible. Thank you all of you

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 24 August 2017

George Eliot Hospital NHS Trust replied on 19 September 2017

Thank you for your taking the time to post your comments. Attending hospitlal in any capacity is stressful and I am pleased that the care you received from staff in the Endoscopy department helped to make the situation as comfortable as possible. Your review will be forwarded to the Manager of the department for sharing with staff.

Ben gave George Eliot Hospital NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Blood test

Everyone was very friendly and a quick service. Thank you

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 21 June 2017

George Eliot Hospital NHS Trust replied on 25 July 2017

Thank you for your comments which have been forwarded to the manager of the Pathology Department .

Christina Longstaff, on behalf of the George Eliot Hospital NHS Trust

Liz haigh gave George Eliot Hospital NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

excellent

I went in for a day unit operation but ended up spending the night due to various reasons. All the staff response were excellent and I only wish I had the opportunity to thank them all. Day unit, theatre crew,recovery and all on Victoria ward. Still have a way to go but I felt I was in safe hands . Thank you. Liz Haigh

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 30 June 2017

Dear Ms Haigh

I have forwarded a copy of your comments to all the departments mentioned in your review and thank you for taking the time to complete this review. Please accept our good wishes for a speedy recovery.

RachM gave George Eliot Hospital NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

My dads care on Nayson and Alexandra ward.

My dad was on both these wards for a period of time over the last few weeks. The care he received was outstanding from everyone involved. He very much enjoyed having some banter with the nurses. Sadly my dad passed away but the care and thoughtfulness shown by both doctors and nurses towards me and my family, made what has been a very difficult time that bit eadier. Thank you so much.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 05 May 2017

George Eliot Hospital NHS Trust replied on 25 July 2017

Thank you for sharing your satisfaction with the care shown to your late father while he was a patient on Alexander and Nason Wards. While the circumstances of your experience were distressing I am pleased that the care shown helped to ease your distress.

Christine Longstaff on behalf of the George Eliot Hospital NHS tRUST

SarahC gave George Eliot Hospital NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Wonderful staff

Thankyou so much to the wonderful doctors & nurses & everyone involved in looking after my Dad Stan. Everyone on Nason and Alexandra wards were so kind to him even when nobody could quite get his pillows right! It was a huge shock to us all when he became so ill & passed away & the family & myself would like to say thankyou to everyone for helping us at that awful time especially one doctor who stayed with us & was so lovely.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 07 May 2017

Christine Longstaff, Head of Patient Partnership, George Eliot Hospital NHS Trust replied on 16 May 2017

I am sorry to read that your Dad became so unwell and passed away. It is very important tthat the care provided to both patient and family reflects the Trust's commitment to making such circumstances as peaceful and caring as possible. Your comments will shared with the staff on Nason Ward and thank you for taking the time to express your thanks.

HelenK gave George Eliot Hospital NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Alexandra Ward May 4th and 5th 2017

The George Eliot always receives negative press. My family's recent experience of that goes against that trend in every way. My dad spent 4 weeks both on Nason and Alexandra Wards. The care he received was personal, comprehensive and without fault. The health care professionals, no matter who they were, treated my dad with all the care and attention that he rightly deserved. Nothing was ever too much. Indeed, they were always busy but never too busy to stop, chat and have a laugh with my dad. They saw how he liked the banter and contact with people. Sadly, my dad died on Alexandra ward only a few days ago. An impossibly hard time was made slightly more bearable by the care, unlimited time and compassion that every single member of staff gave us. Whilst my family is going through the hardest time you can't imagine, it's right to thank those people that helped my dad to pass away in the way he wanted. For that I am truly thankful. Bless you all.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 07 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your thanks for the care given to your late father by the staff on both Nason and Alexandra ward. It is so important that families are left with memories that support them at such a difficult time.
Your comments will be forwarded to staff so that they know how their care helped you and your family to cope.

Anonymous gave George Eliot Hospital NHS Trust a rating of 5 stars

Following a visit to a and E and a 2 night stay on Dpu after surgery I cannot fault any of the staff that we encountered during my stay, all very friendly and always on hand when help was needed.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 09 April 2017

George Eliot Hospital NHS Trust replied on 10 April 2017

Hopefully you are now feeling much better and thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Your comments and thanks will be forwarded on to the staff .

Damaged knee

Early April, visit 10 30am, Tuesday., 1 hour. Wait. For A @ E .
Woke with bad pain in knee, which I could not bend or straighten. Also, could not weight bear. Leg and foot turned out to side.
Doctor, very pleasant, understood problem in the main, but because complete leg and foot had turned to side, the like of which the doctor had never seen before, they fetched an authopaedic surgeon to view the problem.. The consultant was concerned, but a lengthy examination of complete leg, plus x ray could find no serious damage, just torn ligaments. I was impressed that the Consultant spent 30 minutes, explaining about the intricacies of the knee joint to the young doctor and myself. This amounted to an unscheduled lecture, which both the doctor and myself appreciated..
Prognosis -, Rest, 6 weeks with pain. Take painkillers as needed.
I rested for a day, took painkillers for a week, after which I was back doing the usual things. It's a month, i am not pain free, but I cope well without painkillers.
Area, Very clean, both A and E and X ray.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 01 May 2017

George Eliot Hospital NHS Trust replied on 25 July 2017

I am sorry that your review has not been responded to at an earlier date. I am pleased that your treatment in A&E was so helpful and the advice you were given was so effective. I hope that you are now fully recovered.

Kind Regards Christine Longstaff on behalf of the George Eliot Hospital NHS Trust.

Out patients appointment

On Friday 17th of March I came into the hospital for some investigations. I found everyone very welcoming and kind and received the investigation and treatment I needed without waiting. The hospital had suffered a power cut that day but I didn't know until I was leaving the department when I asked the receptionist what kind of day they were having. Wow, well done Outpatients and Tenby for carrying on giving considerate, efficient, effective care.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 19 March 2017

George Eliot Hospital NHS Trust replied on 03 April 2017

Your very kind comments will be forwarded on and 'thank you'

Christine Longstaff on behalf of George Eliot Hospital