Stockport NHS Foundation Trust

0161 483 1010 Stepping Hill Hospital, Poplar Grove , Stockport, Cheshire, SK2 7JE

Tyrone Roberts gave Stockport NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Outstanding service and communication

Thanks to all the team : kind, great communication, effective, responsive and generally ‘spot on’

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 09 November 2017

Sidney Richardson reviewed Stockport NHS Foundation Trust

Ophthalmology Clinic

I should like to record my appreciation of the standard of service and efficiency of this department when I attended this morning. It may seem incongruous to say for visit to a Hospital; that its was a pleasure to be treated there. My best wishes go to all the staff who dealt with me.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 25 August 2017

Anonymous gave at Stockport NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

One nightmare after another

I am currently under gynaecology outpatients, and have has to ask my gp to move me to a different hospital. Every time I have visited at the clinic for a routine appt I have waited for a minimum of an hour past my appointment time before I am seen. The waiting room on the ground floor is tiny and we often have to stand as there isn't enough seats. My gynecologist has given incorrect information to my gp about my problems, they refused to send me for an ultrasound despite having 2 sets of abnormal results. so I paid for a private ultrasound. I told the consultant that and they said I had wasted my money as an ultrasound wasn't indepth enough. By my third set of abnormal results the consultant finally said I should have an MRI. I waited for a month for a letter to come through with my appointment on. When it didn't arrive I called the hospital to be told it had been cancelled with no explanation why. Two days later the ultrasound depeartnent phoned me to book me in for an ultrasound (the ultrasound that my consultant deemed pointless) as I cannot get hold of my consultant I am resorting to writing on here. I have been an outpatient for around a year now awaiting ivf, I have no idea if and when this will happen, my consultant gives me no indication of any care or and treatment plan and it's is soul destroying. I feel totally and utterly failed by this department.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 26 April 2017

Anonymous gave at Stockport NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Great service

The fracture clinic team provided a wonderful, efficient service. All the staff were kind and helpful.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 02 December 2016

Jenny gave Stockport NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Cardiac Rehab

Hi, After having a new heart valve fitted at Wythenshawe Hospital, I attended Cardiac Rehab at Stepping Hill Hospital. I was so impressed with the course and I have learn't so much about the heart,healthy eating, and the benefits of exercise which I didn't know. The staff helping us to get fit were amazing,they were so friendly and helpful and the atmosphere was great. All the patients got on really well with each other, and there was always time for a joke which would make us laugh. At the end of the classes you were offered a mug of tea or coffee while listening to the talks. I would recommend this service to anyone who has experienced heart problem.Thank you so much to all the staff that work there, they are doing a brilliant job.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 07 December 2016

Anonymous gave at Stockport NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Absolute joke

After being admitted on the ward for only a day my experience was awful suffering another ectopic not only dealing with losing another baby the staff were unprofessional and unsympathetic about the situation I was left crying in agony with pain to hear a nurse on the phone telling doctor ectopic lady how nice is that i do have a name is ok since having codeine nothing is confidential staff sat about talking about every patients problems absolute disgrace I will never go here again I would rather go to.a different hospital should be ashamed.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 06 January 2017

michelle conway gave at Stockport NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Excellent doctor

Saw a doctor twice in gynacology what can i say what an amazing person. They made me feel very relaxed explained everything throughly and had an excellent sense of humour to lighten the situation. Im so impressed with this dr and i think stepping hill hospital are so lucky to have them. Please pass my thanks onto them

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 02 August 2016

Patient and Customer Services Team Manager, Stockport NHS Foundation Trust replied on 04 August 2016

Many thanks for your comments which I have passed on to the Business Group to identify the doctor you saw. They will then pass your comments on. I am pleased to hear that you had such a positive experience.

dave gave at Stockport NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

can get here blind fold

my wife is a long term patient of stepping hill she is in her 70s started as a patient when only 24 came in with a bad heart valve and over the years as had many ops eventualy a new valve she has had 2 hips 1 knee fractured shoulder this is the latest plus many miner ops plus copd but I also was admitted with diverticulitis over all these years we have both been treated with the utmost care and proffesionalisom ? there have been a few negative comments made about this hospital but they are quickly put right about what a great job all of the very over worked doctors nurses and staff do carry on this superb work your the best thankyou all regards d Lloyd c Lloyd pardon the spelling and lack of punctuation.

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 03 June 2016

Sami kenny gave Stockport NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

acute tonsilitus

i was admitted in to stepping hill after becoming very poorly at home, i just want to say a massive thank you to all the A n E staff who where so professional and got me feeling comfortable and treated quick even though they where very very busy that night

i was then put on to ward D4 for a couple of days and the staff there continued to be amazing they where so friendly and properly looked after me, iv never stayed in hospital before and they managed to make me feel comfortable. my drip was changed regularly and there was always someone checking up on me and talking to me, so a big thank you to the staff on D4 who really looked after me

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 22 February 2016