Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

01603 286286 Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, Colney Lane , Norwich, Norfolk, NR4 7UY

Anonymous gave Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 4 stars

Nothing was to much trouble.

Admitted to a ward via A&E. All the staff were respectful, kind and responded quickly to the needs of all patients. Nothing was to much trouble and the staff worked well as a team. Challenging patients were met with kindness and support. The food was good quality and hot and staff ensured patients were allowed to eat it in peace.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 17 October 2017

Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 30 October 2017

Dear Patient
Thank you for your kind comments following your recent inpatient stay. I am pleased to read you were treated with kindness and respect. I will share this with all involved in your care. Thank you for taking the time to share your thanks and praise.
Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager

Keith Frost reviewed Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

What a great hospital

I was admitted for a hernia op on 7th August to the same day unit.
On arrival everything was handled so well and I felt relaxed and confident as possible.
The op went well with the Consultant explaining all the points beforehand.
Aftercare was very good and the day centre went the extra mile.
We are lucky to have this hospital in Norwich

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 11 August 2017

Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 31 August 2017

Dear Patient
Thank you for your kind comments following your recent admission to hospital. I am pleased to read your surgery went well and staff kept you fully informed. I will share this with all involved in your care and I hope you are recovering well.
Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager

Anonymous reviewed at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Colonscopy 2 weeks ago

The pre assessment was very reassuring and the day of the procedure starting at 8.30 went without a hitch. From checking in to handing in my feedback form I was treated with kindness and understanding. Although the procedure can be slightly uncomfortable nothing was as difficult to cope with as I had thought. Thank you to the dedicated staff, admin to consultant

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 04 August 2017

Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 08 August 2017

Dear Patient
Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent attendance at the hospital. I am pleased to read you were treated with kindness and understanding. I will share your thanks and praise with all staff involved and thank you for taking the time to write.
Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager

darren hicks gave Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

poor and unhelpful

today after a Drs appointment my 23 week pregnant wife was sent to nnuh . She was told to go to get ward where we were met with a surly receptionist who told us we don't deal with past 22 weeks go see a midwife .so off to the midwife section we go to be told nah we ain't who ur looking for try delivery suite . off we pop to delivery suite manage to book in fine and commence a 1 hour wait in waiting room called through observations done blood taken 4 hours later we are told only half of the blood tests are back . 5 hours later we 're told oh sorry we are still waiting on urine test results a urine sample have been taken 5 hours ago . I appreciate this is a busy department but today I have found you disorganised uninformative and in all honesty very poor . lack of communication to a pregnant woman with high blood pressure is not really conducive to helping her is it

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 10 July 2017

Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 21 July 2017

Dear Family Member
Thank you for your comments you have posted regarding your wife's care at the hospital. I am sorry to read your concerns. If you would like to contact me on 01603 289045 or by email at pals@nnuh.nhs.uk I will be pleased to discuss this further with you.
Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager

Liz gave Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Radiology department

I recently attended the Norfolk & Norwich for a lung X-ray the staff were excellent and I was seen promptly, when my results didn't arrive at the surgery I telephoned the N&N and spoke to a member of staff in the Radiology Dept who was effecient and told me they would telephone my surgery and sort this matter out, they did this very shortly after my call. Thank you N&N excellent service

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 07 July 2017

Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 17 July 2017

Dear Patient
Thank you for your kind comments about the service you recently received from the Radiology Department. I am pleased to read that staff were efficient and helpful. I will share your thanks and praise with staff in the department and thank you for taking the time to write.
Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager

Amanda gave Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care

I was admitted via A&E with Acute Pancreatitis, admitted via Easton ward to Coltishall ward where I spent 4 days being monitored and observed before laparoscopic surgery to remove my gall bladder. The kindness and professionalism from everyone from the paramedics, A&E staff and absolutely everyone I encountered during my stay was second to none. Not only the clinical staff, but the porters, cleaners and catering staff were without exception fantastic.

Being a reasonably fit and healthy 52 year old before becoming unwell I was very aware of how poorly some of the other patients on the ward were, and want to particularly comment on the daily patience and kindness shown to some of the more elderly and less able patients during my stay. I saw real tenderness and compassion shown to patients who had no ability to speak up or care for themselves. I also saw kindness and courtesy shown to one patient who was rude and unpleasant to the staff both clinical and non clinical.

I would highly recommend the hospital and particularly Coltishall ward to any family and friends.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 28 May 2017

Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 09 June 2017

Dear Patient
Thank you for your kind comments about your recent inpatient admission. I am pleased to read you were treated with respect and kindness. We will share your comments with all staff involved in your care. Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and I hope you are recovering well.
Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager

Anonymous gave Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

I will not go back no matter the situation

I do not ever go to the hospital unless it's an absolute emergency which this time it was. I had a kidney infection in both kidneys and after three different sets of antibiotics I was only getting more unwell and the nurse from the walk in centre told me to go to the hospital if the last ones didn't work and after much convincing from my flat mate I went to A&E with a little bit of hesitation. When we walked in to A&E we saw a charge nurse and explained to them why we came and the charge nurse shouted at me and abruptly asked me twice why I was there in such a nasty tone. After the second time I nearly burst into tears because I was in so much pain and felt really unwell. The charge nurse then gave me a note that said I had a uti and at that moment I said to my flat mate let's just go home because I felt like I was doing something wrong asking for medical help when I felt seriously ill. We got to the reception of the urgent care centre to be spoken to abruptly once again by a receptionist. I didn't understand what I had done wrong to be treated this way way as I do not make a habit of going to the hospital. The nurses and doctors in the urgent care centre were nice apart from some nurses standing drinking coffee and playing on there phones and having a good old laugh with each other in side the reception area. After I got taken to Easton ward the nurses were lovely and the doctors were great to. I got told by the doctor that discharged me that I done the right thing going to the hospital because I needed antibiotics that where for severe infections and certain strains of bacteria and they seen how ill I was. I could understand if I was one of the people who go up to A&E every week with pathetic excuses but I never go to hospital ever.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 27 July 2017

Dear Patient
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent attendance at the hospital. I am sorry to read your concerns. I will share this with senior staff in the hospital but if you would like to discuss this further please contact me on 01603 289045 or by email at pals@nnuh.nhs.uk.
Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager

Veronica Reid gave Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

An enormous thank you

I have just left Mulbarton Ward where I was treated for 20 days. Although my case was a little unusual, I received the most amazing care from numerous doctors/registrars/therapists/nurses/Care assistants/food service and cleaners. Everyone without exception performed their jobs with the utmost professionalism, consideration and care. I couldn't have asked for more. Their care and positive attitude helped me to keep positive and I will be forever grateful to them all.

I do however have one complaint, not related to any of the above, and that is the iniquitous cost of the TV service. When you are laying there confined to bed with tubes etc. the tv is a bit of a lifeline, but it has cost me over £140 for the time I stayed. To charge £7.50 per day(basic) is huge, especially as I have already paid a TV licence! One is charged a whole day whether you watch an hour or more and furthermore this service is BLOCKING any way of obtaining catch up tv on ones own laptop. I know this does not happen in other hospitals, and it would not surprise me if it is illegal. How can a company block access to certain websites (such as bbciplayer) to protect their own captive audience - it cannot be right.
I feel strongly that he hospital Executive should be made aware of this and address the problem. Many of the ladies on my ward would have liked to watch a bit of tv but could not afford these huge costs.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 26 March 2017

Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 31 March 2017

Dear Patient
Thank you for your kind comments about the care you recently received at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital. I am pleased to read that you received good care and staff were considerate and professional. We will share this with all who were involved in looking after you.
Thank you also for your comments about the cost of Hospedia. Please be assured we will share your feedback with senior staff in the hospital.
Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager

Anita Beasley gave Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Efficient, professional and friendly

Having experienced chest pain I called 111 for advice. The operator I spoke to asked questions to determine symptoms and severity to take the best course of action.
An ambulance was arranged to come to my home so paramedics tests could carry out tests. The ambulance arrived within minutes.
The paramedics carried out tests and due to high blood pressure advised I go to the hospital to be checked out further.
On arrival at hospital cardiac and blood pressure tests were taken again to rule anything in or out.
I was then taken to A and E minors to speak to a consultant who relayed findings of the tests to me.
Suspected Roemheld syndrome was mentioned and a likely cause due to symptoms having started directly after I ate a meal. Given in general terms I'm healthy and have no heart problems this seems to be a likely cause.
My chest felt like it was being pressed and I felt discomfort when inhaling.
Initially it crossed my mind I was having a panic attack as I've been under pressure lately but thought I was dealing with it well.
From the 111 call to the wonderful paramedics and hospital staff, I was treated with respect and understanding.
I can't thank those involved enough for their professionalism and the high level of care I received.
My dealings with the NHS have been and are positive.
Great, hardworking and knowledgable staff are a credit to the NHS. Thank you.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 05 March 2017

Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 10 March 2017

Dear Patient
Thank you for your kind comments about the care and treatment you received at the hospital. I am pleased to read you were treated with respect and understanding. We will share this with all involved in your care and I hope you are recovering well. Thank you for taking the time to write.
Sarah Eastwood, Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) Manager

Hc2015 gave Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic staff

Following a visit to A and E in December I wanted to write and say what an amazing service you provided for my grandmother when you were absolutely run off your feet with patients. Staff were fantastic in really difficult circumstances and managed to still find time to be kind and thoughtful as well as medically expert. So impressive.

Everyone I know is outraged at the difficulties you are facing while trying to deliver such a critical service. I wanted you to know how appreciated it is.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 07 March 2017

Dear Family Member
Thank you for your kind comments following your Grandmother's admission to A&E. I am pleased to read she received good care and that staff were kind and thoughtful. I will share this with all involved in her care and I hope she is recovering well.
Sarah Eastwood, Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) Manager