Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

01603 286286 Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, Colney Lane , Norwich, Norfolk, NR4 7UY

Alwyn Howell gave Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Top clinical care, wonderful nursing and support team.

I was recently transferred to Norwich and Norfolk Hospital requiring a PTC and biliary stent procedure following two unsuccessful attempts at a ERCP at another hospital. I have Malignant obstructive jaundice and inoperable cholangiocarcinoma with peritoneal metastases. The PTC procedure, which proved to be pretty difficult was completed two days later (as soon as I was fit enough I would guess) by the hugely skilled interventional radiology team who were not too busy despite a long day to explain the procedure to my wife after the procedure. In total I was at NNUH for only 5 days. Every single member of staff on Guist ward and all the support teams supporting the ward were highly competent, caring, kind and cheerful as we're the 2 consultants and it here doctors involved in my treatment. I am in tears writing this review not because I am terminally ill but because I still can't believe that you could find so many beautiful kind prove in one small place.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 29 May 2018

PALS Manager, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 15 June 2018

Dear Patient
Thank you for your kind words regarding your care and treatment at the hospital. I am pleased to read you were treated with professionalism and kindness. I will share this with senior staff in the hospital and staff involved in your care.
Thank you for taking the time to write with your thanks and praise.
PALS Manager

Duncan gave Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Urology

I was diagnosed with prostate cancer a couple of months into 2018 .. to keep it short and to the point .. its now June 2018, I was diagnosed, seen by the consultant [unfortunately cannot be named], assessed, operated on and been for my follow up of which was given the 'all clear'. I can only give the highest praise for all the NNUH staff that were involved from the MRI staff, appointment booking staff, consultants, theatre staff, nurses on the ward .. just everybody. The time between appointments were relatively short, the staff were professional, kind and polite .I have no complaints, only praise to people that operate / work under sometimes very difficult circumstances.

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 22 June 2018

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust has not yet replied.

Emma Quantrell gave Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Caring staff

A huge thank you to all the staff on the Cley Ward I recently came in to have a hysterectomy the staff were extremely kind and caring throughout my stay

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 21 March 2018

Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 29 March 2018

Dear Patient
Thank you for your kind comments about the care you recently received from the hospital. I am pleased to read that staff were kind and caring. I will share this with ward staff and with senior staff in the hospital. Thank you for taking the time to write.
Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager

Rachael gave at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Hysterectomy

Yesterday I had a hysterectomy. I was taken through SDAU where all the nurses and doctors were fantastic. I was then taken down to theatre and other than a short wait in recovery due to a lack of beds on cley ward, everything went really smoothly. Once on the ward the nursing staff were amazing and really caring. Absolutely fantastic service I am very pleased!

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 02 February 2018

Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 09 February 2018

Dear Patient
Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent admission to hospital. I am pleased to read that staff were caring. I will share this with all staff involved in your care and senior staff in the hospital. Thank you for taking the time to write with your thanks and praise.
Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager

Shirley Ellis gave Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Neurology consultant

Had an initial consultation with the Neurology Consultant., for a brain tumour. He was the best! He gave clear and factual information. He was reassuring, kind and caring and I cannot thank him enough.

I have no hesitation in reviewing my experience as five star and if you are allocated this man as your consultant, rest assured you are in good hands.

Please pass on my thanks.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 11 February 2018

Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 27 February 2018

Dear Patient
Thank you for your kind comments about your recent consultation at the hospital. I am pleased to read the Consultant was reassuring, kind and caring. I will share this with the Neurology Department and senior staff in the hospital. Thank you for taking the time to write.
Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager

Anonymous gave Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Angioplasty Team

My mother has recently had an Angioplasty Operation performed on her lower right leg I.e. this past Monday.

She informed me (her son) that everyone from the reception and nursing team to the Surgeon and his team were absolutely wonderful.

Evidently the Surgeon was lovely and had a number we conversation with her before and during her long on, which put her both at ease and made the time go very quick and she did not feel any pain during the operation.

Also both the recovery and edgworth ward teams looked after her well, she also liked the young man who gave her a bed bath...I was just releved she came through the operation and she was well looked after, well done to NNUH Teams...our thanks.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 25 January 2018

Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 08 February 2018

Dear Family Member
Thank you for your kind comments about your mother's recent stay in hospital. I am pleased to read she was well looked after. I will share this with all staff involved in her care and with senior staff in the hospital. Thank you for taking the time to write.
Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager

Anonymous gave Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 2 stars

No communication

I suffer from severe anxiety and having been told the waiting list was 40-45 weeks for my operation the waiting list coordinator will not return calls to give any advice as to the likelihood of getting a date. Now been on waiting list 40 weeks. Gynaecology waiting list coordinators are not helping my anxiety. Clearly ignoring messages from patients is standard for the n&n

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 29 January 2018

Dear Patient
I write further to the comments you have made about waiting times and communication. I am sorry to read your concerns. If you would like PALS to look into this further please email me at [pals@nnuh.nhs.uk](mailto:pals@nnuh.nhs.uk) and we will try to assist. I will share your concerns with senior staff in the hospital.
Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager

Anonymous gave Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 4 stars

Nothing was to much trouble.

Admitted to a ward via A&E. All the staff were respectful, kind and responded quickly to the needs of all patients. Nothing was to much trouble and the staff worked well as a team. Challenging patients were met with kindness and support. The food was good quality and hot and staff ensured patients were allowed to eat it in peace.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 17 October 2017

Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 30 October 2017

Dear Patient
Thank you for your kind comments following your recent inpatient stay. I am pleased to read you were treated with kindness and respect. I will share this with all involved in your care. Thank you for taking the time to share your thanks and praise.
Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager

Keith Frost reviewed Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

What a great hospital

I was admitted for a hernia op on 7th August to the same day unit.
On arrival everything was handled so well and I felt relaxed and confident as possible.
The op went well with the Consultant explaining all the points beforehand.
Aftercare was very good and the day centre went the extra mile.
We are lucky to have this hospital in Norwich

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 11 August 2017

Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 31 August 2017

Dear Patient
Thank you for your kind comments following your recent admission to hospital. I am pleased to read your surgery went well and staff kept you fully informed. I will share this with all involved in your care and I hope you are recovering well.
Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager

Anonymous reviewed at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Colonscopy 2 weeks ago

The pre assessment was very reassuring and the day of the procedure starting at 8.30 went without a hitch. From checking in to handing in my feedback form I was treated with kindness and understanding. Although the procedure can be slightly uncomfortable nothing was as difficult to cope with as I had thought. Thank you to the dedicated staff, admin to consultant

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 04 August 2017

Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 08 August 2017

Dear Patient
Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent attendance at the hospital. I am pleased to read you were treated with kindness and understanding. I will share your thanks and praise with all staff involved and thank you for taking the time to write.