The Royal Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

0121 685 4000 Bristol Road South, Northfield , Birmingham, West Midlands, B31 2AP

E Bridges gave The Royal Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care

I had a pelvis reconstruction and hip replacement operationin July 2017.

The care I recieved from all medical staff was outstanding. Basic care was priority here. Staff kept me informed at all times. My scar from my operation is perfect. The physios are amazing i have really progressed well with their help and support. I felt comfortable discussing my care options.

The food is excellent quality makes such a difference to your recovery having freshly cooked food. And big portions.

Nothing was too much for the nurses. And the teams really jelled together well on ward 3.

I have nothing bad to say about the Royal Orthapedic Hospital. I felt like I was listened to and cared for above my expectations.

The knowledge of the consultants and medical teams is fantastic. They put me at ease before, during and after my operation. This place really does care about the patients.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 17 August 2017

The Royal Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Foundation Trust replied on 27 September 2017

Thank you for your positive comments. it is always nice for staff to receive positive comments. I wish you well for your on-going recovery.

Public and Patient Relations Manager

Lana Kiyani gave The Royal Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Best ever what I have been visited in England

Best ever what I have been visited in England Doctors are so nice best best best is this hospital everyone is lovely with patients

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 23 June 2017

Thank you for your kind feedback. It is always good to hear when we do things well. Please also accept my apologies for the delayed response to your comments.

Public and Patient Relations Manager

Barbara gave The Royal Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Spinal surgery

From referral in December 16 to march 17 I couldn't have expected things to move any quicker. Arrived on the Wednesday for the operation at 7.15 am but didn't go to threatre until 4.30, so not happy to be left in a waiting room all day in pain (spinal surgery). Luckily a nurse from the discharge lounge saw me an arranged a comfortable seat and bed to use until surgery.From here on only positive. Operation went well 7hrs, longer than expected, still in pain but now recovering at home. From waking up in HDU to transferral to ward 1' I have nothing but praise for all staff. I have been kept informed at all times. Nothing was ever too much trouble. Bubbly staff who never failed to put a smile on your face and treated you with so much respect . I am the most fussy eater ever and everyday there was plently of choice so didn't go hungry and not once did I have to ask my husband to bring me something in. Ward1 was clean and tidy and everything was catered for, I felt like I was getting private care not NHS.
Too many staff to name, but everyone,day and night shift are an absolute credit to the hospital and would I highly recommend it to anyone

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 24 March 2017

Head of Communications, Communications, Royal Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Foundation Trust replied on 27 March 2017

Thank you Barbara, what lovely feedback. I hope your recovery continues well.
Sally Xerri-Brooks

Anthea Bourdouane gave The Royal Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

My Life Regained!

I went into Royal Orthopaedic Hospital on Valentine's Day ,February 14 th 2017 ,for a Total
Hip Replacement.
From the time I entered until I left Hospital I received the most amazing care from all the Staff on Ward 2 ; not forgetting the wonderful Surgery by the surgeon and Operating Team .
I can honestly say that I " went to sleep " in total agony , and "woke up " after Surgery , pain free ! The afore mentioned Surgeon and Team performed an incredible job ; and have definitely given me my life back !
All of the Staff were courteous, gave excellent explanations and respected one's dignity .
I cannot praise everyone highly enough .
Thank you all again for the wonderful care I received
Yours most gratefully
Anthea Bourdouane

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 29 April 2017

Thank you for your positive feedback and I am sorry that we have not responded sooner. I will ensure that your clinical team and ward 2 are made aware of your comments. I hope you are now feeling wonderful!

Funkycat reviewed The Royal Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

It has stopped me from a lot of things in life

I was referred from a childrens hospital to an orthopedic hospital. The consultant that I was seeing had reffered me to have a urgent operation to remove a plates from my knees. I was told that they will send me a letter and have x rays done. Three or four years on I've had no letter or a single call. Seen gp to and they told me it should have been urgent. I've been in so much pain and use cruthces now. It's stopped me from a lot of things in life. I can't walk on some morning. It makes everything simple very difficult.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 15 February 2017 using Care Opinion

Head of Communications, Communications, Royal Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Foundation Trust replied on 16 February 2017

Hi, I really want to make sure that we look into this for you urgently. Can I ask you please to contact Lisa Kealey, who looks after our Patient Advice and Liaison Service and our Complaints Team? She will be able to look into this for you. You can contact her on [lisa.kealey@nhs.net](mailto:lisa.kealey@nhs.net) or 0121 685 4128.
Sally Xerri-Brooks

Anonymous gave The Royal Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic experience

My partner and I had a total of 3 visits in this hospital. Each of the visits was a very pleasant experience for us. All the staff were fantastic! Very commendable!

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 31 January 2017

Head of Communications, Communications, Royal Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Foundation Trust replied on 03 February 2017

Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it.
Sally Xerri-Brooks

Brenda Simpson gave The Royal Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Minor Operation Two Weeks Ago

I was in the hospital for a two night stay and could not thank the whole of the medical team and ward staff for their professionalism and care given. As I live in the north of England and had had this problem for well over 4 years to finally get to a hospital where they knew what they were doing and could give me a diagnosis and operation within 4 months was fantastic and well worth the travelling involved. In my experience this hospital could show others how it's done. Many thanks again. Brenda Simpson

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 19 October 2016

Head of Communications, Communications, Royal Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Foundation Trust replied on 20 October 2016

Dear Brenda, thanks so much for your positive feedback. I'm glad we were able to give you the care you needed.
With best wishes for your future recovery

Suffering reviewed The Royal Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Foundation Trust

My wife

What can I say six months wasted never seen by the consultant still in pain superset would have been a better option it's a joke

Visited in December 2015. Posted on 25 March 2016

Head of Communications, Communications, Royal Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Foundation Trust replied on 04 April 2016

I'm really sorry to hear about your experience. Please do get in touch with our Patient Advice and Liaison Service on 0121 6854128 or roh-tr.pals@nhs.net if you want to talk specifically about your wife's experience and how we could have done things differently.
With best wishes