Glenfield Hospital

0300 303 1573 Groby Road , Leicester, Leicestershire, LE3 9QP

MClay gave Vascular surgery at Glenfield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

The Professor & his team are an asset to the NHS

I attended the vascular wats for an operation this morning and I cannot thank the surgeon and his team enough. Kind, caring and helpful from the minute I walked in to the theatre room and the nurses care after. One particular lady made me feel as ease and kept me going when my nerves kicked I cannot thanks he’s enough. The Professor was more than helpful and caring, came to see me after my operation was pleasant and treated me like a normal human being.

The NHS get a lot of bad press but I can honestly say today has changed my whole opinion on this subject and more needs to be done to help the NHS.

Thank you again for your kind caring approach, I hope this gets back to you and your team.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 02 August 2018

Glenfield Hospital replied on 09 August 2018

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comment.

We are really pleased to hear how well you were cared for by our vascular team. Your feedback is much appreciated and has been shared with the team involved in your care.

Have you considered nominating a team or a member of staff for our Caring at its Best awards? Further information is available on our website: http://www.leicestershospitals.nhs.uk/aboutus/our-purpose-strategy-and-values/caring-at-its-best-awards/

Kindest regards,

Mick Feliciant gave Cardiology at Glenfield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic service from my Consultant and her team on Ward 32.

Yesterday I spent half a day in Ward 32 for the purpose of giving my heart a kick up the backside for want of the technical term.
I have to say how professional and understanding everyone was.
I know my procedure is not uncommon but it was to me!
I would like to say a big thanks to the Consultant and all those around her for what they did.
I don’t particularly want to have to go back but if it does happen I know that I will be in good hands.
Thank you!

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 10 August 2018

Glenfield Hospital replied on 10 August 2018

Dear Mick,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback.

We are pleased that you received great care on ward 32.

We will be passing on your kind words to the team.

The Communications Team

Tim Puffer gave Cardiology at Glenfield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

My experience as a patient at Glenfield Hospital Leicester

To say I was anxious on arrival at Glenfield Hospital (Ward 32) prior to having an ablation procedure would be an understatement, but I needn't have worried. On arrival I was greeted by a very friendly and helpful member of staff and shown to my bed.

The ward was immaculately clean and bright.

It was then explained what would be happening, staff then got me prepared for the procedure, whilst all the time explaining what was taking place and why, answering my questions and putting me at ease.

The consultant then came to see me and explained what he would be doing, approximately how long it would take and what to expect, he was great and answered all of my questions.

I was then taken to the Cath Lab by a porter who was very friendly and we chatted along the way.

On arrival at the lab the staff assisting the consultant introduced themselves and explained what part they played in the procedure and what was going to happen.

It was not without a little pain but this was explained to me at the outset and I had the opportunity to ask for more pain relief if required. The procedure took approximately five and a half hours.

Following the procedure I was taken to the Recovery Ward (33), made comfortable and I rested. The ward staff regularly checked on me, asking me how I was and having a few laughs as well. I also received a much appreciated cup of tea!

During my (overnight) stay I was monitored and checked on regularly.

The food was very nice and the menu extensive.

The care, consideration and respect I received during my stay at Glenfield Hospital was exceptional.

The staff work efficiently and professionally, both individually and as part of a team, whilst showing compassion, care and respect to patients and visitors. This taking place in a busy Hospital environment with people coming and going, phones ringing, questions needing answers, a thousand and one things that need addressing, is to be honest, quite remarkable.

When it was time to be discharged I received all the information I needed, this included a discharge letter and a copy of a letter to my GP, my medication, contact details should I have any questions or concerns once I got home.

At quite a stressful and worrying time for me, the staff that cared for and treated me were amazing and their care and consideration certainly had a major impact on my anxiety and concerns for which I will be forever grateful.

Although I have already have thanked the staff personally I would also like to take this opportunity document my thanks to both the excellent staff at Glenfield Hospital and our NHS.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 25 July 2018

Glenfield Hospital replied on 30 July 2018

Dear Tim,
Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review of Cardiology at Glenfield Hospital. We are delighted to read your comments on your recent experience and how our staff made you feel comfortable and reassured during your patient journey. We will pass this onto the Cardiology team at Glenfield who will be equally pleased to hear your feedback.

We’d like to wish you all the best.

Miriam gave Cardiology at Glenfield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic care

I was taken to Glenfield Hospital18 July but discharged same day. Then following a visit to AE I was transferred to Glenfield Hospital again onto CDU. The Drs and Nursing staff were very friendly, caring and dedicated. Even the coffee lady was lovely. I had to be admitted later that night onto Ward 28. I was very nervous about what may happen and what I had to face. The Nurses and Drs were very reassuring, Everything was explained to me each step or the way. I eventually had an Angiogram 4 days later. To say I was nervous was an understatement. I was reassured by my lovely nurses that ai would be ok. The lady who took me for the procedure was so lovely too. Once I arrived I was made to feel individual. Everyone was fantastic. The Dr who performed to procedure was brilliant and made me feel relaxed. Once back on the ward I was looked after very well. My family were always kept up to date with my progress. I would highly recommend Glenfield Hospital because the care is second to none. The meals were nice and a wide choice offered. Thank you award 28 & CDU.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 26 July 2018

Glenfield Hospital replied on 30 July 2018

Dear Miriam,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of Cardiology at Glenfield Hospital. We are very pleased to hear that you were made to feel relaxed an comfortable during your angiogram procedure and the that your were happy with the care you received before and after your procedure. We will pass your comments onto the Cardiology team who will be equally pleased to hear your feedback.

We’d like to wish you all the best.
Leicester's Hospitals

Invisible patient gave Respiratory Medicine at Glenfield Hospital a rating of 2 stars

Unable to actually get an appointment

I cannot really comment on the hospital as i am yet to be seen.
I was supposed to be seen as an urgent referral. September should be the appointment however it has been cancelled and no further appointment has been sent..in the meantime my breathing is getting worse and I am unable to even get myself a drink as I'm too short of breath.
The way things are i will not be needing the appointment.

I'm so pleased that you find this acceptable..

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 14 July 2018

Glenfield Hospital replied on 25 July 2018

Dear reviewer,
We are truly sorry to hear that you haven’t received an appointment. Please can you call me on 0116 258 3065 so I can take your details (name, address, date of birth and hospital number) and we can look into this for you?
Your feedback is important to us and will be used to improve our service.
Pauline Hawes
Service Manager for Respiratory Medicine
Leicester’s Hospitals

Anonymous gave General Medicine at Glenfield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

excellent services provided by nurses

just came back after groin hernia repair wonderful staff.they know how to treat pations. make you feel as though you are a prince. thank you for everything

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 07 June 2018

Glenfield Hospital replied on 08 June 2018

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.
We are really pleased that you had wonderful care and treatment.
We will pass on your comments to the team at Glenfield Hospital.
Kindest regards,

The Communications Team
Leicester's Hospitals

Ginger Ninger gave Respiratory Medicine at Glenfield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

CPAP MACHINE

So having visited the Breathing Clinic last Tuesday, I was a bit panicked by the way information was given to me.
However after speaking to a very kind Secretary, my troubled mind was eased, and I was given an appointment to go and be fitted for a CPAP Machine.

The Staff were lovely, very calming . Everything was explained and they made sure I understood. A big thank you to you all.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 01 June 2018

Glenfield Hospital replied on 05 June 2018

Dear Ginger Ninger,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comment.

We are pleased to hear how well you have been cared for by our Breathing Clinic at Glenfield Hospital. Your feedback is much appreciated and has been shared with the relevant members of the team.

meggie52 reviewed Glenfield Hospital

They all made the experience so much easier

I was admitted to Ward 19 with a pulmonary embolus. I would like to say a very big thank you to the doctors, nurses, care staff and catering staff for the care I received during my two days on the Ward. It was obviously quite a scary time for me but they all made the experience so much easier.
Would it be possible to pass on my gratitude to them and thank them for all they do, it is very much appreciated.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 02 June 2018 using Care Opinion

Glenfield Hospital replied on 07 June 2018

Dear Meggie,

We will pass on your lovely feedback to Ward 19 at Glenfield Hospital.

We are really pleased that you received good care and your experience was made easier.

Thank you for taking the time to send your feedback.

The Communications Team,

John Mirams gave Cardiology at Glenfield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Surgery experience

Having been referred to this fabulous hospital with cardiacp problems, I was transported to Glenfield by ambulances from Lincoln County late one evening.from that moment onwards Oi cannot fault the attention given to me .I was put into theatre the next morning where I underwent a triple bypass surgery. Again from then onwards, 6days later being discharged, I really have to admire the full staff of ward 31 for their constant care and encouragement. Although I still feel very weak ans sore I think my recuperation is going well. My congratulations to all the staff of that ward including cleaners and helpers. You are a great credit to the NHS......thank you.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 23 May 2018

Glenfield Hospital replied on 24 May 2018

Dear John,
Many thanks for leaving a review. We are delighted to read your comments about the exceptional care you have received on Ward 31 at Glenfield Hospital. We will make sure to pass your message onto the Cardiology team and we’re sure they’ll be thrilled to read it. We’d like to wish you all the best for the future.
Kind Regards,
Communications Team
Leicester’s Hospitals

Neville Cooper gave Cardiology at Glenfield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Exemplary care on Ward 27 at Glenfield Hospital

I feel I must write and thank all Ward 27 staff for the quality of care I received during my stay following an emergency. admission. Without exception staff at all levels treated me with care, professionalism and empathy.

The speed with which scans and tests were administered was impressive and results were shared with me quickly and professionally. I must particularly thank one particular doctor for patiently listening to questions regarding my condition and for giving me such expert and informative answers. The Ward 27 Pharmacist was also particularly helpful in informing me about the medication I had been prescribed.

What was evident from my stay on War 27 was the dedication of staff and their commitment to delivering first rate care. There is clearly a very good spirit on the Ward and a real sense of teamwork which results in truly exceptional care for those on the Ward as patients.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 24 May 2018

Glenfield Hospital replied on 07 June 2018

Dear Neville,

Many thanks for taking the time to feedback about your recent treatment at Glenfield Hospital.
We are really pleased to hear that you experienced first rate and exceptional care. We will be sending on your kind words to the team on Ward 27.
We wish you the very best.

The Communications Team,