Glenfield Hospital

0300 303 1573 Groby Road , Leicester, Leicestershire, LE3 9QP

Anonymous gave Imaging services at Glenfield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

MRI scan

In July I was diagnosed with breast cancer, have had at least 7 appointments at the breast clinic , and have had surgery , the nurses and doctors are amazing so caring and helpful at the scariest time of my life , however yesterday I had an MRI scan to check it's gone . I am extremely claustrophobic. And was very scared , the nurse was extremely nice and chatty before I went in , I had to come out of the scanner twice because I was so panicked and felt that I couldn't breathe , the nurse never spoke to me when I came out , I was so shuck up , left the hospital in tears , the nurse said nothing not even goodbye , very bad reaction from the nurse , not caring at all , at this tough time in my life .....

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 03 October 2017

Glenfield Hospital replied on 06 October 2017

Dear reviewer,

Firstly, thank you for sharing your experience with us and we are sorry to hear about your diagnosis. This must have been a very worrying time for you and your family. We are really pleased to hear that the Breast Care Team were supportive and caring during this, but we are obviously very disappointed to hear that this experience was not echoed when you came to have your MRI.

Our imaging staff are aware of how daunting an MRI scan can be, so we are shocked to hear that the nurse did not offer the required support to you during this experience. If you would like to speak to our Imaging Service Manager about this experience ion more detail, please feel free to contact him at lewis.cade@uhl-tr.nhs.uk or call 0116 258 3512.

Wishing the best of health,

Laura Mort

Anonymous gave Surgery - Breast at Glenfield Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Three types of time, BST, GMT and Nhs time.

Making so many visits after my mother found a lump in her breast. First we were told the cance was in situ. Then the second biospy it was invasive, when we went after a mastectomy where my mother was called in at 7.30am but not operated till 16:00hrs (being she is diabetic as well). She remained without food for over 56hours. She was then dischrged so they would not have to feed her at 11:55am. I had to bring her home and feed her. It was up-to me as a male to check the fluid that extruded from her breast. What happened to the nurse who would come around? A lymph biopsy was done and the results would be know at 3 weeks later. Having been given a early morning appointment they then stated they had got computer issues. A hard copy was requested but that meant another 90 min wait. What a shambles! These people dont know what they are doing, will not feed the patients, keep you waiting an inordinate time. Dont ever fall ill, I am not scared of the Grim Reaper but he Nhs! What a terrible service. For all those who say it is free so stop whining. It is not free I have paid in tax for the system. I have been using the NHS for ver 17 years and never never ever has the clinic run on time. I have had a wait of at least 30 mins, and at worst 3 hours. When I have been into casually it has meant a wait of up-to hours. Nhs Choices will probably like the last several reviews say we cannot allow your review as the truth will out and they will be exposed. They vet their reviews for a favorable one only. However they need to learn that by listening you can improve and by putting you ears in your fingers you will learn sweet F.A.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 10 October 2017

Glenfield Hospital replied on 12 October 2017

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback. We are very sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the care your mother has received and would like to look into this for you. If you are happy to, please email communications@uhl-tr.nhs.uk with your mother’s name, address, date of birth and hospital number and we will investigate further. We take all of the reviews we receive seriously and always look to try and resolve any issues.

Leciester’s Hospitals

Alison gave Cardiology at Glenfield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Ward 32 CCU amazing,

My husband was a patient on this ward, All staff extremely kind caring to myself and my family at a worrying time. Listened to concerns prioritised treatment, had time to assist, couldn't have asked for better. At all times my needs were met they had time to make everyone feel special answered all questions showed respect and made us smile which was so important. They never stopped working busy all the time but never heard them complain. When needed they were there, thank you everyone.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 16 October 2017

Glenfield Hospital replied on 17 October 2017

Dear Alison,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We are very happy to hear about the level of care provided to you and your husband and all your family at what must have been a difficult time. We hope he is doing well and will pass on your feedback to the team where it will be much appreciated.

Anonymous gave Imaging services at Glenfield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Pleasant staff

I have visited this hospitals on a few occassions for different X-ray taken. The staff is nice, i enjoyed it a lot, they have positive attitude, it made me feel even better.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 19 October 2017

Glenfield Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Glenfield Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Orthopaedics

I came to see an orthopaedic surgeon in regards to my knees. Dispite me being told in 2012 I had severe osteoarthritis. This doctor made me feel inadequate.Dispite my X-ray results showing signs I was made to feel like a baby and was told I wouldn’t cope with a knee replacement.
To say the least I will not be coming back to this surgeon for a follow up appointment.
I shall go to another hospital that has a surgeon I can have faith in before making my decision

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 14 October 2017

Glenfield Hospital has not yet replied.

Philip langston gave Glenfield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Chest pain phoned111 ambulance collected me

I was brought in to Glanfield hospital early hours Monday 18 th sept . Fantastic ambulance staff. the reception was amazing . I was important the nursing staff were lovely put me at ease I cannot thank or praise them enough this was followed by day shift that were the same . The Doctor s were brilliant again very thorough and helpful . This was all backed up by good food and service . . When moved to ward 33 I again found the same care and fantastic nursing staff .Thank you everybody and to the Dr I saw for continued exploration . Phil Langston

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 21 September 2017

Glenfield Hospital replied on 25 September 2017

Dear Philip,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback.

We're really pleased to hear how all our staff looked after you well during your visit to Glenfield Hospital and that you liked the food served. We will be passing your comments on to everyone involved.

We hope you are beginning to feel better and wish you a speedy recovery.

Stephen Gill gave Orthopaedics at Glenfield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Post op clinic

Sadly today ( Tue 26 Sept ) was my last visit to this wonderful hospital, as I have now been discharged.
From my 1st visit earlier this year, through to my 'pre op' then finally my Hip Hip Horray Replacement at Leicester General Hospital and today's Post Op Clinic, I have had nothing but praise for these 2 magnificent hospitals and their wonderful staff, from my Consultant and their team in orthopaedics to Nursing Staff and everyone else.
Once again my heartfelt thanks from myself and my long suffering wife who had to drive me from Liverpool to Leicester on each appointment.
Stephen Gill

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 26 September 2017

Glenfield Hospital replied on 28 September 2017

Dear Stephen,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comment. We are delighted to hear of the level of care provided to you by all the team and will pass on your feedback to the team where it will be much appreciated. Wow, that is quite some trip. We are very glad to hear your hip op has been a success.

Leicester's Hospitals

Bernie Chadwick gave Cardiothoracic surgery at Glenfield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Stent cell fitting

Thanks to all the staff that saved my life,i have to say, all the team were very kind and funny at times,intro at the start for example,all the names and the jobs spelled out,then they gave me 5 mins of fame,,lol...1 HGV driver,2 bt engineer 3 office worker,we had a laugh.the team to me worked well together,respect to everyone that was there,including me.the nice thing was they did not call me Mrs or Sir,they all remembered my name which put me at ease. Bernie Chadwick date of the procedure Friday 1st of September 2017.09.00.well done NHS Glenfield hospital.,and the government providing a first class service.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 02 September 2017

Glenfield Hospital replied on 04 October 2017

Dear Bernie, thank you for taking the time to leave a review for Cardiothoracic Surgery at Glenfield Hospital. We are delighted to hear that you had such a good experience and even during your procedure you were kept informed and our staff were able to put you at ease. Our staff really appreciate hearing from their patients, so be assured your comments will be circulated to the teams involved in your care.

Best wishes and hope your recuperation is going well, kind regards Communications Team, Leicester's Hospitals.

Anonymous gave Cardiology at Glenfield Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Cardiology department

I went to this hospital as an in patient before and found it to be excellent.
In August I was rushed via ambulance and went to the decision unit, again I thought it was excellent . This hospital will always be my first choice. It's clean, friendly and caring and thorough

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 20 August 2017

Glenfield Hospital replied on 21 August 2017

Dear reviewer,

Many thanks for taking the time send in your feedback on your recent visit to the Cardiology Department at Glenfield Hospital. We are sorry to hear that you had to be rushed in but are delighted to hear that you were pleased with your experience. Your kind comments will be passed onto the Cardiology team and we wish you a quick recovery.

Anonymous gave Cardiology at Glenfield Hospital a rating of 3 stars

My wasteful journey of appointment

My appointment was at 3pm arrived at 2.30pm no one called us it was 3.30pm some people who came after got seen before us!!!! A member of staff came out and asked if we were ok to wait another hour and a half we said not really and said we're going. They then said ok we will send you another appointment to you. Not good at all after driving from Lincolnshire (1 hour and a half a way) and taking the day off from work. Wouldnt want to go back to be honest after leaving here disappointed and upset.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 26 August 2017

Glenfield Hospital replied on 01 September 2017

Dear Reviewer,

We are very sorry to hear about your recent experience having travelled a long distance and taken time off work. Can you please send us your details (Name, date of birth, address, NHS number) to nigel.brady@uhl-tr.nhs.uk so that we can look into why you faced a delay and so that we can help ensure that you have another appointment booked if you do wish to take up that offer.

Dr Elved Roberts