Petersfield Hospital - Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust

02382 319000 Swan Street , Petersfield, Hampshire, GU32 3LB

Anonymous gave Minor injuries unit at Petersfield Hospital - Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service, excellent staff

Fantastic staff who saw me as quickly as possible. Cleaned me up and sent me off a happy customer. Exactly what the NHS needs.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 07 May 2017

Petersfield Hospital - Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 08 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post your valuable feedback about Petersfield Hospital which I would assure you has been shared with the staff concerned. We are very pleased to hear about the care that you received.
Customer Experience

Anonymous gave Minor injuries unit at Petersfield Hospital - Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Idiots

I went there with severe arm burns caused by giant hog weed. The nurse told me that that's not burns but an allergic rush. Obviously the nurse never heard of burns caused by plants before but anyone looking at my arms would recognise the burns. So I had to leave without any treatment whatsoever and in a lot of pain.

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 06 April 2017

Petersfield Hospital - Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 18 April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post you valuable feedback. I am very sorry to hear about your experiences at the Minor Injuries Unit (MIU) in Petersfield Hospital.

The MIU Clinical Lead has discussed your feedback with the practitioner who assessed you. The practitioner was concerned about the extent of your rash and blistering and felt it appropriate for your GP to review you for treatment. I understand that you had an appointment to see your GP shortly after attending MIU.

MIU is not a treatment centre therefore staff are not able to prescribe and treat your condition. It was also felt that you may need steroids.

I am sorry that you were suffering severe pain and hope you have made a good recovery.

If you would like to to discuss your concerns further please contact the Customer Experience team on 02380 874065 or by email: hp-tr.customerexperience@nhs.net.

Customer Experience

Cliff Trimmer gave Minor injuries unit at Petersfield Hospital - Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Petersfield miu

Attended today 15/4/17 with foreign body lodge in my ear.

Must say I received first class service from the ladies on duty, pleasant and very professional. I was out in no time!

Must keep this hospital and services for the local community. First rate!!

Thanking you again

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 15 April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post your kind comments about your visit to the Minor Injuries Unit (MIU) at Petersfield Hospital. I am so pleased to hear about your positive experience.
I would assure you that your feedback will be shared with the staff in MIU.

Customer Experience

Anonymous reviewed Minor injuries unit at Petersfield Hospital - Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust

Opening hours

You really need to correct the opening hours that show on the website as they are wrong. The site says you are open until 6pm, we drove 11 miles and arrived at 5.45 to find the doors locked and a notice saying the last patient is seen at 5.45!!!!!! Why does the website say 6pm when you close at 5.45?????? Not happy!!!!!!!!!!

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 04 March 2017

Petersfield Hospital - Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 08 March 2017

Thank you for posting your feedback on NHS Choices. I am very sorry you experienced this problem and would like to assure you that I have shared your feedback with the manager of the service to address this urgently.

I hope you will find this acceptable and once again please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused.
Customer Experience Team
023 80 874065

Natalie200 gave Minor injuries unit at Petersfield Hospital - Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

My children arrived as an emergency brilliant service

We arrived about 5.30pm as my child had a head injury. The two members of staff were brilliant, friendly, very informative and made my child feel at ease. We were also seen immediately a great place e and it saved a 30 mi Ute drive to the next a & e. It also meant we did not clog up another viral service.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 27 February 2017

Petersfield Hospital - Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 12 April 2017

Dear Natalie

Thank you taking the time to post you valuable feedback. We hope that your child has made a good recovery following their injury. Your compliment has been shared with the staff concerned who are pleased to hear about the care that your family received.

Customer Experience

Hopeful Patient gave Minor injuries unit at Petersfield Hospital - Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 1 stars

Waste of my time

Ive had a cold for weeks, sinusitis, conjunctivitis and my ears now feel blocked, also I had an accident some weeks ago and have been left with what could be a bone out of place. It's not painful as on top near my toes so a small bone so I didn't want to bother my GP. But I checked the website of the MIU which stated that they see people with 'bone injuries'. So my husband drove me there, expecting a wait, I made my way in while he paid for parking. I arrived and only one person at reception. After she left, I explained my two worries and was told that as they'd just told the lady in front of me, they don't do ears. Well I had given the lady in front of me some privacy, shame they didn't. Also they don't see bone injuries more than 2 weeks old. No mention of this on their website. By the time my husband arrived, I was leaving only to be told to see my GP. What a complete waste of time. The unit was empty and yet I was told not to go to MIU in Portsmouth as I'd have a long wait and I know the GP has no appointments for 2 weeks. Surely this unit could be put to some better use and ease the pressure elsewhere in the system, surely patient care should be paramount?

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 06 February 2017

Petersfield Hospital - Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 22 February 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post your valuable feedback. I am so sorry to hear about your experiences at the Minor Injuries Department.

Ali Lambert, Clinical Lead would welcome the opportunity to discuss this with you and can be contacted on 01730 263221 ext. 125, or alternatively please contact the Customer Experience team on 02380 84065 or by email: hp-tr.customerexperience@nhs.net for assistance.

Excellent Servi

Visited on a Sunday afternoon with big burn blisters on my hand. I was seen very quickly and received efficient and caring treatment. Returned for re-dressing on the Monday. This a brilliant service to have available 7 days a week, and saved me from having to visit A&E in Chichester. Thank you.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 14 February 2017

Petersfield Hospital - Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 23 February 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post you valuable feedback about Minor Injuries Unit at Petersfield Hospital. We are so pleased to hear about the care and support that you received from staff.
I would assure that your feedback has been shared with the staff concerned.

Minor injuries unit

My wife and I attended the MIU recently - my wife for a burn scar and myself for a possible under fingernail gardening injury.

We found the staff to be very professional and extremely friendly and we are happy to recommend the service provided by the MIU as first class.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 21 February 2017

Petersfield Hospital - Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 27 February 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post you valuable feedback about MIU at Petersfield Hospital. We are so pleased to hear about the care and support that you and your wife received from the staff.
I would assure that your feedback has been shared with the staff concerned.
Customer Experience

Alan Cross gave Minor injuries at Petersfield Hospital - Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Minor injury to my leg

I have visited the unit twice this week and found it to a constructive and pleasant experience. After a small kick from a horse I could not get into my own GP Surgery and my injury was treated quickly and cleanly in the unit by a member of staff. I returned today and was again treated and reassured by another member of staff.I commend the unit for its professional, quick and caring service.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 12 November 2016

Petersfield Hospital - Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 18 November 2016

Dear Mr Cross
Thank you for sharing your kind feedback on NHS Choices.

Your compliments have been passed to the manager of the service to let the staff know you were pleased with your treatment and felt your visit went well.

Wishing you a full and speedy recovery.

Customer Experience Team

Geoff O'Brien gave Community care services at Petersfield Hospital - Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust a rating of 5 stars

Community Parkinson's Nurse Team

I have no complaint about the way my Parkinson's casewas handled; it was conducted with politeness and in a sympathetic manner. However, since my recent visit to the Petersfield clinic I have received a questionnaire to complete which bears little relevance as to the purpose of my visit. Perhaps greater care to send out a more relevant Q & A form would not only save more time for all but also save the unnecessary depletion of NHS funds.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 04 December 2016

Petersfield Hospital - Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust replied on 22 December 2016

Dear Mr O’Brien
Thank you for taking your time to post your feedback about a questionnaire that was sent to you.
Patients are sent a Patient Experience Questionnaire when they have received treatment from the Trust and we are very sorry that this form was not relevant.
The Divisional Head of Nursing will share your feedback about this process/questionnaire with the Patient Experience team.
If you would like to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact Customer Experience on 02380 874065.