University Hospital Of North Tees

01642 617617 Hardwick Road , Stockton-on-Tees, Cleveland, TS19 8PE

Demi M gave Urgent care centre at University Hospital Of North Tees a rating of 5 stars

Brilliant service

I visited the urgent care centre for the first time on Saturday 4th Nov, I was seen quickly by a Nurse Practitioner (really sorry, cant remember their name) who referred me for an X-Ray and I was straight back round to urgent care and seen again as soon as the patient in the room left I was back in with the same NP in minutes. They carried out some investigations, involving me in making my own decisions regarding my care , referred me to the AIR clinic and physio, prescribed me medication and I was able to go home. Over all it was a very positive quick experience, what a brilliant service, and I can see that it must take so much pressure off A&E.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 06 November 2017

University Hospital Of North Tees replied on 15 November 2017

Thank you for leaving a comment on NHS Choices. Your kind comments will be forwarded to the team involved in your care. Please accept our good wishes for the future.

Anonymous gave Urgent care centre at University Hospital Of North Tees a rating of 5 stars

Great service

Absolutely brilliant service! My own surgery wasn’t very accomdating but from making the call to been seen and my concerns eased I can’t stress how good your service is! Hopefully I won’t need you again but it’s reassuring to know you’re there! Thank you

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 09 November 2017

University Hospital Of North Tees replied on 15 November 2017

Anonymous gave Urgent care centre at University Hospital Of North Tees a rating of 1 stars

Terrible

Where to start? Upon arrival the receptionist was not interested at all and did not seem bothered when asking why we were there. Then to have waited 2 hours for the receptionists to tell us that my partners name had already been called - which it hadn't as we were sat next to the calling screen and the reception desk. Then to be told that they had lost the booking! Then to be told we were next a further couple of times after watching people going in before us over and over. The whole room cleared and filled back up in the time we were there! On top of that one of the receptionist was more bothers about crossing their legs on the chair and tapping away on their phone than to chase anything up.
Horrible experience!
I'm not going to judge the nurses/doctors in the facility as we didn't even bother to stay!
I'd change your receptionists or retrain them on interaction with patients!

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 13 October 2017

University Hospital Of North Tees replied on 18 October 2017

Thank you for contacting NHS Choices. To enable the Trust to investigate your concerns could you please contact the Patient Experience Team on 01642 624719 or email patientexperience@nth.nhs.uk.

Urgent care

Attended urgent care - was seen within 10 minutes - all staff friendly efficient and professional - extremely impressed. Thank you.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 21 October 2017

University Hospital Of North Tees replied on 15 November 2017

UNHAPPY gave Urgent care centre at University Hospital Of North Tees a rating of 1 stars

Told to go back and see my own GP

After contacting my own surgery for on online assessment and filling in the answers to my problem on the surgery website i was informed that i needed to attend the urgent care unit.

I then proceeded to ring the 111 service were i gave an answer to all the questions i was asked and was told by the person on the phone i needed to attend the urgent care unit within the hour, The person then asked if i could travel to which i told them i was unable to so they advised me of the Hartlepool center, they then placed me on hold to arrange for me to be seen within the hour, When they came back on the phone they advised me that i could attend urgent care at north tees hospital or James cook hospital ( i opted for the closer of the 2 being north tees).

So i ordered a taxi to get me there within the hour so i would be seen within my time frame.

Upon arrival at north tees i was told to report to A&E which would book me in and get me seen by the urgent care team which i did. Upon arriving at the urgent care center i was asked into a room by a nurse and asked questions again to which their reply was we cant do anything go back to your GP.
After explaining to them about the online assessment and the call to 111 they said well its a matter for your own doctor you should never have been sent here in the first place.

Upon leaving i again rang 111 to advise them of what had happened and was told by a different person that i should not have been sent there as there is nothing they can do as it was a matter for my doctor.

So now after paying for a taxi to get me there and a taxi to get me back home again i am still no further forward and when i do eventually get a doctors appointment they will no doubt send me to the hospital...
What a carry on..

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 22 September 2017

University Hospital Of North Tees replied on 18 October 2017

Christine gave Children's & Adolescent Services at University Hospital Of North Tees a rating of 2 stars

Where was the "care"

My baby was transferred from Newcastle intensive care to the children's ward (15) after being very ill. He was travelling for an hour and had just come off a ventilator so couldn't eat or drink prior. We arrived around 8pm and I noted the ward did not appear busy with only 5 children on the board, my baby included. My baby was getting distressed as he was thirsty and hungry, I was very distressed and exhausted, I asked a Nurse who was stood at the nurses station if I could have some milk or food for my baby, their response was " I haven't even had a handover yet" I had been travelling an hour, they knew we were coming could they not have conversed with intensive care? The HCA at this point did get me a cup of tea which was the only time in three days I was offered help or consideration without me having to seek out staff.

I read the ward info which said breakfast was offered to parents, apart from the first morning when I asked for some toast, was given toast with margarine which I hate and was made to feel it was an imposition, so I didn't ask again. I slept for two nights with baby on my chest so he wouldn't pull out his cannulas but yet no one came in to see if I needed a drink or a break to nip to the loo. if it wasn't for my husband coming early on the morning I would probably have to have took baby to loo with me.

There was a sign in my room with information I needed to know, name of Doctor, nurse on duty etc, this wasn't filled in at any point in the three days. If you don't use them take them down.

I had to seek staff out to get breakfast for my baby, every time I asked for a Weetabix for him I got asked "do you want sugar on that" my baby is a year old and although I know some parents will give refined sugar to their children should a health environment be promoting this? I think not. I had to stand outside my room holding the baby if I required help or had a question, I just felt like a nuisance and so usually just waited for family to come to help me.

The medical care I can't complain about, the Doctors were lovely and I felt my baby was important and I was receiving great care. The nurses when delivering interventions where professional and showed care to my baby. But it was the rest of the time on the ward that was unpleasant.

There was numerous student nurses on the ward and actually when leaving a student nurse came and removed a cannula from my baby. I have yet to be asked if I am happy that student nurses be involved with my baby's care? Protocol may have changed but I thought permission was required from the patient or guardian.

The HCA's I thought could have been much more involved in assisting parents, esp during the night when only one person allowed to stay. Just asking if we need any help, or a simple are you ok. I could smell toast on my second morning but by 9.30 I still had no one pop a head round the door so just waited for my husband to arrive.

Cleanliness was an issue but I have run out of words!!

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 30 September 2017

University Hospital Of North Tees replied on 18 October 2017

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at University Hospital Of North Tees a rating of 5 stars

Impressive

I attended an appointment at gynaecological oncology with my elderly disabled mother. On arriving at the department we were met immediately by a nurse (I didn't even have time to sit down), then mum saw the consultant who explained the procedure they were to undertake in a way she could understand. Mum was then given a choice in how the minor operation was done.
All staff concerned treated my mother with the utmost respect, involving her in decisions and she left the same day, happy with the treatment she had undergone.
Thank you to you all for your excellent care

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 05 September 2017

University Hospital Of North Tees replied on 19 September 2017

Thank you for leaving a comment on NHS Choices. Your kind comments will be forwarded to the team involved in your mother's care. We are pleased it was a positive experience for her.

Michala willows gave Diagnostic Endoscopy at University Hospital Of North Tees a rating of 5 stars

Endoscopy department

First time having an endoscopy , was scared, worried and generally not knowing what to expect .
The whole procedure from arrival to leaving was an experience I never expected , every member of staff was kind, caring and thorough with explanation ,reassurance etc .
Faith has been restored that the caring profession has nurses/doctors that really do care .
The staff are amazing and an absolute asset to the NHS

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 09 September 2017

University Hospital Of North Tees replied on 19 September 2017

Eileen Flounders gave Diagnostic Endoscopy at University Hospital Of North Tees a rating of 5 stars

Colonoscopy . Put me at my ease the staff where very nice .

Attended north tees hospital colonoscopy dept . Was very nervous as was first time . From walking in the staff put me at my ease . The person who took my details knew i was nervous and made me laugh to take my mind off it . The member of staff who opperated the camera was a gem so was the nurses who assisted. Cannot praise the staff highly enough . I found out i had nothing to be affraid of .

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 11 September 2017

University Hospital Of North Tees replied on 19 September 2017

Anonymous gave Children's & Adolescent Services at University Hospital Of North Tees a rating of 1 stars

were is the care and compassion

Some of the staff are lovely on this ward but the rest arnt. There is no care or compassion shown by some members if this team. My daughter has been in and out for the last year or so with a health problem,certain members of the team have made her feel that she shouldn't be attending the hospital when these problems she suffers with arise. On a recent visit she had trouble drinking anything including antibiotics which she kept spitting out as she could not swallow them they kept bringin more and telling her she could when she couldn't . Really dislike this place it should be shut down more training should be giving for these people to show empathy compassion to these poor children an their families. Should look back at the 6 c and they should look at the nmc for codes of conduct on what is expected of them and how to treat patients

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 11 October 2017