University Hospital Of Hartlepool

01642 617617 Holdforth Road , Hartlepool, Cleveland, TS24 9AH

Anonymous gave Urgent care centre at University Hospital Of Hartlepool a rating of 2 stars

Complaint

First time visiting the urgent care unit. I waited 2 hours, which did not bother me as I was expecting by the end of it I could have some answers. I’m 24 weeks pregnant and was advised to go by 111, I went in the first room where they took a water sample off me and called me in after being tested. They told me I would need to wait to see the GP on today in order to receive antibiotics off him due to have a water infection. I then carried on waiting to be eventually called into a doctor on his phone texting. So he began asking what the problem was so I told him about being told I had a water infection for him to say I don’t while he was texting on his mobile phone. He then phone Sunderland hospital and told me I’d be best going there. He questioned every answer I gave him, saying ‘is it really though, I don’t think it can be that bad’. I then left and went to Sunderland where I told the midwife what had happened she took a water sample to be sure, turns out I have not only a water infection but also a kidney also. The doctor as Hartlepool told me there was nothing wrong with me! I have been put on a course of antibiotics had to get my unborn baby checked& if it gets worse must go back. I am extremely angry with the experience I have had today at hartlepool urgent care unit and will never go back! The GP was ignorant& was not interested at all in listening or helping me, I do believe he would not have acted like this to someon or a older age due to me only being 10. Ridiculous behaviour from a health professional!

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 07 January 2018

University Hospital Of Hartlepool replied on 09 January 2018

Thank you for contacting NHS Choices. To enable the Trust to investigate your concerns could you please contact the Patient Experience Team on 01642 624719 or email patientexperience@nth.nhs.uk.

Anonymous gave Urgent care centre at University Hospital Of Hartlepool a rating of 5 stars

Faultless

Very impressed after first visit. Only a short wait before seeing a doctor and received excellent care.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 20 January 2018

University Hospital Of Hartlepool has not yet replied.

Acer Guest House gave Urgent care centre at University Hospital Of Hartlepool a rating of 5 stars

Working well despite being extremely busy.

I attended the clinic with an appointment made through 111 last night with a minor injury. The clinic was extremely busy with a high number of sick children and babies requiring assistance. The care I received was excellent, the clinic clean and tidy and the staff both professional and friendly.

The one improvement which the management of this clinic should consider is a more proactive system of explaining to patients why there is a delay in appointment/waiting times, and how long it may be. The reception team were very good at reacting to patient enquiries over delays and waiting times but why not get them to be proactive? The stress levels in that waiting room would go down considerably if regular updates were provided to the crowd on their place in the queue. Most patients understand that a poorly 6 week old baby will "jump the queue" but a lot of the other queue jumping and delays, whilst having obvious reasons understood by the staff, are an annoying mystery to the patients in the queue. Provide information; the receptionists are there chatting to each other in their downtime so why not utilise them and their skills?

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 07 December 2017

University Hospital Of Hartlepool replied on 12 December 2017

Thank you for contacting NHS Choices. Your comments will be forwarded to the team involved in your care. However if you wish to speak to a member of staff regarding this matter please contact the Patient Experience Team on 01642 624719 or email patientexperience@nth.nhs.uk.

Anonymous gave Children's & Adolescent Services at University Hospital Of Hartlepool a rating of 5 stars

Great service received

Visited the urgent care for my son who was 3 weeks old. We were seen by a doctor who was extremely knowledgeable but also spent time listening to our concerns and gave us a detailed explanation of our sons synptoms. Left feeling reassured and felt the visit was really worthwhile. Thee doctor was fantastic and how all doctors should be.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 01 January 2018

University Hospital Of Hartlepool replied on 03 January 2018

Thank you for leaving a comment on NHS Choices. Your kind comments will be forwarded to the team involved in your care. Please accept our good wishes for the future.

Ronald Laughton gave Urgent care centre at University Hospital Of Hartlepool a rating of 5 stars

Pleasant experience

Visited Urgent Care Centre at Hartlepool hospital yesterday and can not praise the staff enough. I tripped and hurt my knee a couple of days before my visit and although I did not have an appointment I was seen to very quickly. The nurse that dealt with me was very friendly and helpful and put me at ease straightaway. They suggested an x ray to check my knee and within one minute that was done and they strapped my knee and told me what to do to ease the pain. They booked me an appointment for me to attend the fracture clinic the next day and asked my wife to bring the car to the door, they then took me by wheelchair to the car and helped me safely into the car.
The next day I kept my appointment at the fracture clinic and was seen to by a doctor within minutes of my appointment time. The doctor completed their diagnosis and it was not as bad as I first thought and again I was made to feel relaxed and at ease.
The whole experience was pleasant and I can not praise the staff enough.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 28 November 2017

University Hospital Of Hartlepool replied on 12 December 2017

Thank you for leaving a comment on NHS Choices. Your kind comments will be forwarded to the teams involved in your care. Please accept our good wishes for the future.

Suzie gave Diagnostic Endoscopy at University Hospital Of Hartlepool a rating of 5 stars

Colonoscopy

Attended today the colonoscopy clinic, I'll be honest, I turned up quite terrified, but as soon as I entered, the staff were very welcoming and friendly. From reception, to check in, the nurses and Dr treat me with the upmost respect and kindness, which in turn made the procedure fuss free and straight forward. Thank you to everyone of you for making an unpleasant situation as stress free as possible!

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 02 November 2017

University Hospital Of Hartlepool replied on 15 November 2017

Linda Pitt gave Urology at University Hospital Of Hartlepool a rating of 5 stars

excellent

Was feeling nervous and embarrassed when I went for my procedure staff and doctor put me at ease they we're very professional but also happy and kind I would not hesitate to have this procure again if nessasry , only moan is powders are disgusting to take. Well done Rutherford Morison staff. Linda Pitt

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 11 November 2017

Definatley satisfied

Have never used 111 or urgent care in Hartlepool before, not much different to the one life, don't know why it's changed but anyway was impressed with the appointment system and the Dr I saw was first class, don't know what number patient I was of their very busy day. The doctor was very polite and was able to give me piece of mind, lovely person, well done NHS

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 14 November 2017

University Hospital Of Hartlepool replied on 15 November 2017

Thank you for leaving a comment on NHS Choices. Your kind comments will be forwarded to the team involved in yhour care. Please accept our good wishes for the future.

Jane L gave Diagnostic Endoscopy at University Hospital Of Hartlepool a rating of 5 stars

Rutherford morison unit- excellent

Please accept this review as a huge slice of appreciation, both myself and my partner have been to this unit previously and the treatment was above and beyond. Thank you so much, the hospital staff could not have been more friendly, the NhS so very often has negative feedback but for me I can only praise and thank everyone.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 24 November 2017

University Hospital Of Hartlepool replied on 27 November 2017

Anonymous gave University Hospital Of Hartlepool a rating of 1 stars

Urgent care at this hosptial is a shambles!

Went to this hospital's urgent care dept with various symptoms including shortness of breath, racing heart and a pressure like headache.

Had to see screening nurse first but they tried to send me away without seeing a doctor- I had to insist on seeing a doctor! they took my temperature and blood pressure.

When I saw doctor they asked lots of silly questions about drinking and smoking (I don't), failed to listen to my heart or lungs or carry out any other examination of my vital signs and sent me on my way telling me to see what my GP is going to do (not that they thought anything was wrong).

I was made to feel like a nuisance yet no proper examination was done to find any cause of some of my symptoms ie the shortness of breath!

Complete waste of time and dangerous too I could have had a heart or lung condition!

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 27 November 2017