University Hospital Of Hartlepool

01642 617617 Holdforth Road , Hartlepool, Cleveland, TS24 9AH

Brenda gave General Medicine at University Hospital Of Hartlepool a rating of 5 stars

Ct scan

I was at the hospital today for ct scan and staff were brilliant made me feel so at ease first class

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 01 May 2018

University Hospital Of Hartlepool replied on 02 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on NHS Choices. Your kind comments will be forwarded to the team involved in your care. Please accept our good wishes for the future.

Anonymous gave Urgent care centre at University Hospital Of Hartlepool a rating of 1 stars

Brief Encounter

We visited here after going to another urgent care centre where they suspected our son needed an X-ray! We came here in the hope they would X-ray his hand sooner than the following day! The receptionist first of all did not listen and just booked us in and asked to take a seat! I found it strange that despite attending a different urgent care they would not then use this to give us an X-ray!
As we were waiting, I witnessed something that I could simply not believe from so called professionals! A lady came in with her son who was distressed and breathing heavily! She told them his sister had kicked him in the chest and knocked him out! The receptionists then told her to take him to A & E due to him losing consicousness. They sent her away to drive over half an hr away to A &E! In my opinion tht little boy should of been assessed even briefly for the seriousness of his condition and an assessment made if in fact it was not safe for the mam to drive him to A &E or perhaps call an ambulance! No assessment took place of that little boy before that advice had been given! I do work within an acute setting in the NHS myself and found what I witnessed to really shock me! It was a display of poor care! At that point I made the decision to leave, as I would not have felt safe with them assessing my little boy! I will not return to this centre for any reason! What I saw really angered me!

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 17 May 2018

University Hospital Of Hartlepool replied on 24 May 2018

Thank you for contacting NHS Choices. To enable the Trust to investigate your concerns about your son's care could you please contact the Patient Experience Team on 01642 624719 or e mail patientexperience@nth.nhs.uk.

Anonymous gave Maternity services at University Hospital Of Hartlepool a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care!!

I would like to leave a review as a thank you to the maternity staff who have cared for me throughout my pregnancy and delivery.

During my pregnancy I was cared for by a midwife who has been fantastic throughout. She has been approachable, truthful, down to earth and has never made me feel silly for any of the stupid questions I’ve asked.
This midwife is a credit to the maternity team! And I would like to say a huge thank you for all the care and support you’ve given me.

During my labour I came in to contact with several midwives all who were friendly and knowledgeable, I felt in safe hands at all times! Although my labour didn’t quite go to plan. My main midwives were excellent patient advocates and supported my decisions throughout labour, I really don’t think I could have got through it with out their care and support.

Please pass on my thank yous to all the staff who have cared for me!! It hasn’t gone unappreciated!!

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 01 May 2018

University Hospital Of Hartlepool replied on 01 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on NHS Choices. Your kind compliments will be forwarded to the team involved in your care and will be much appreciated. Please accept our good wishes for the future.

nic gave Children's & Adolescent Services at University Hospital Of Hartlepool a rating of 5 stars

excellent paediatric team

My little boy came in for an allergy trial. We were extremely happy with the care that we both received by the doctor and the nurse. Thank you so much.
The wards were very clean and tidy.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 14 March 2018

University Hospital Of Hartlepool replied on 16 March 2018

Thank you for leaving a comment on NHS Choices. Your kind comments will be forwarded to the team involved in your care. Please accept our good wishes for the future.

Lorraine Newby gave Diagnostic Endoscopy at University Hospital Of Hartlepool a rating of 5 stars

A big Thank you to the staff at the Rutherford Unit

I had a short visit to the unit on the 12th February this year, I just wanted to say a big Thank you to all the amazing staff there. As soon as I arrived I was greeted with a warm smile and I felt comfortable straight away. All the health care assistants, nursing staff and the trainee consultant were really friendly and looked after me exceptionally well when I was getting prepared for the procedure and during it. I felt comfortable and relaxed while I was there because of the care they all given me. Everywhere in the unit was clean and tidy with all the nursing staff being hands on if you needed anything or you were worried about the procedure. This was very much appreciated by me I think they deserve some credit for the wonderful job they do. Thanks very much Lorraine Newby

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 24 February 2018

University Hospital Of Hartlepool replied on 28 February 2018

Anonymous gave Urgent care centre at University Hospital Of Hartlepool a rating of 2 stars

Complaint

First time visiting the urgent care unit. I waited 2 hours, which did not bother me as I was expecting by the end of it I could have some answers. I’m 24 weeks pregnant and was advised to go by 111, I went in the first room where they took a water sample off me and called me in after being tested. They told me I would need to wait to see the GP on today in order to receive antibiotics off him due to have a water infection. I then carried on waiting to be eventually called into a doctor on his phone texting. So he began asking what the problem was so I told him about being told I had a water infection for him to say I don’t while he was texting on his mobile phone. He then phone Sunderland hospital and told me I’d be best going there. He questioned every answer I gave him, saying ‘is it really though, I don’t think it can be that bad’. I then left and went to Sunderland where I told the midwife what had happened she took a water sample to be sure, turns out I have not only a water infection but also a kidney also. The doctor as Hartlepool told me there was nothing wrong with me! I have been put on a course of antibiotics had to get my unborn baby checked& if it gets worse must go back. I am extremely angry with the experience I have had today at hartlepool urgent care unit and will never go back! The GP was ignorant& was not interested at all in listening or helping me, I do believe he would not have acted like this to someon or a older age due to me only being 10. Ridiculous behaviour from a health professional!

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 07 January 2018

University Hospital Of Hartlepool replied on 09 January 2018

Thank you for contacting NHS Choices. To enable the Trust to investigate your concerns could you please contact the Patient Experience Team on 01642 624719 or email patientexperience@nth.nhs.uk.

Anonymous gave Urgent care centre at University Hospital Of Hartlepool a rating of 5 stars

Faultless

Very impressed after first visit. Only a short wait before seeing a doctor and received excellent care.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 20 January 2018

University Hospital Of Hartlepool replied on 29 January 2018

Acer Guest House gave Urgent care centre at University Hospital Of Hartlepool a rating of 5 stars

Working well despite being extremely busy.

I attended the clinic with an appointment made through 111 last night with a minor injury. The clinic was extremely busy with a high number of sick children and babies requiring assistance. The care I received was excellent, the clinic clean and tidy and the staff both professional and friendly.

The one improvement which the management of this clinic should consider is a more proactive system of explaining to patients why there is a delay in appointment/waiting times, and how long it may be. The reception team were very good at reacting to patient enquiries over delays and waiting times but why not get them to be proactive? The stress levels in that waiting room would go down considerably if regular updates were provided to the crowd on their place in the queue. Most patients understand that a poorly 6 week old baby will "jump the queue" but a lot of the other queue jumping and delays, whilst having obvious reasons understood by the staff, are an annoying mystery to the patients in the queue. Provide information; the receptionists are there chatting to each other in their downtime so why not utilise them and their skills?

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 07 December 2017

University Hospital Of Hartlepool replied on 12 December 2017

Thank you for contacting NHS Choices. Your comments will be forwarded to the team involved in your care. However if you wish to speak to a member of staff regarding this matter please contact the Patient Experience Team on 01642 624719 or email patientexperience@nth.nhs.uk.

Anonymous gave Children's & Adolescent Services at University Hospital Of Hartlepool a rating of 5 stars

Great service received

Visited the urgent care for my son who was 3 weeks old. We were seen by a doctor who was extremely knowledgeable but also spent time listening to our concerns and gave us a detailed explanation of our sons synptoms. Left feeling reassured and felt the visit was really worthwhile. Thee doctor was fantastic and how all doctors should be.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 01 January 2018

University Hospital Of Hartlepool replied on 03 January 2018

Ronald Laughton gave Urgent care centre at University Hospital Of Hartlepool a rating of 5 stars

Pleasant experience

Visited Urgent Care Centre at Hartlepool hospital yesterday and can not praise the staff enough. I tripped and hurt my knee a couple of days before my visit and although I did not have an appointment I was seen to very quickly. The nurse that dealt with me was very friendly and helpful and put me at ease straightaway. They suggested an x ray to check my knee and within one minute that was done and they strapped my knee and told me what to do to ease the pain. They booked me an appointment for me to attend the fracture clinic the next day and asked my wife to bring the car to the door, they then took me by wheelchair to the car and helped me safely into the car.
The next day I kept my appointment at the fracture clinic and was seen to by a doctor within minutes of my appointment time. The doctor completed their diagnosis and it was not as bad as I first thought and again I was made to feel relaxed and at ease.
The whole experience was pleasant and I can not praise the staff enough.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 28 November 2017

University Hospital Of Hartlepool replied on 12 December 2017

Thank you for leaving a comment on NHS Choices. Your kind comments will be forwarded to the teams involved in your care. Please accept our good wishes for the future.