University Hospital Of Hartlepool

01642 617617 Holdforth Road , Hartlepool, Cleveland, TS24 9AH

Anonymous gave General Surgery at University Hospital Of Hartlepool a rating of 5 stars

Day case Gynae surgery

I had day case gynaecological surgery under my consultant, who is very professional and friendly, I was then was on the day case unit following my surgery.
From being admitted to the access lounge on the morning to my discharge on the evening, my stay was very smooth and all of the staff were fantastic.
The care I received in the pre operative room and post op in recovery was great, staff knew I was nervous and made me feel at ease. The nursing and healthcare staff on the ward folllwing my surgery could not have been more helpful and enthusiastic. As a nurse myself I understand the pressures and time constraints working on a busy ward, but they could not do enough for me ensuring I had privacy and dignity at all times and that I was well fed!
Big thank you and well done for their continued hard work!

Visited in February 2019. Posted on 16 February 2019

University Hospital Of Hartlepool replied on 19 February 2019

Thank you for leaving a comment on NHS Choices. Your kind comments will be forwarded to the teams involved in your care. Please accept our good wishes for the future.

Thom Arnell gave University Hospital Of Hartlepool a rating of 5 stars

Physiotherapy

Reffered by my GP with a shoulder problem.

Reception staff helpful and appointment started right on time.

Physiotherapist was excellent. I felt like I was listened to and my feedback taken into account.
Prescribed exercises worked as intended and told no need to return as long as progress is still being made at home.

Very happy with the whole experience.

Visited in February 2019. Posted on 19 February 2019

University Hospital Of Hartlepool replied on 21 February 2019

Thank you for leaving a comment on NHS Choices. Your kind comments will be forwarded to the team involved in your care. Please accept our good wishes for the future.

BD gave Urgent care centre at University Hospital Of Hartlepool a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Care

I visited the Urgent Care service late afternoon, was streamed quickly and did not have a long wait before being seen by the Nurse Practitioner.I had a very high temperature, tachycardia, and generally unwell. The Nurse spent as much time as needed trying to find what was wrong. When I was showing markers for possible sepsis an ambulance was arranged without delay for transfer to hospital. I was kept informed at all time . I was eventually diagnosed with flu. I was treated well at all time and not rushed, was given what was needed at all times. Thank you to all involved

Visited in January 2019. Posted on 18 January 2019

University Hospital Of Hartlepool replied on 21 January 2019

Thank you for leaving a comment on NHS Choices. Your kind comments will be forwarded to the team involved in your care. The staff will be very pleased that you have taken the time to pass on your thanks. Please accept our good wishes for the future.

Anonymous gave Urgent care centre at University Hospital Of Hartlepool a rating of 1 stars

Hartlepool urgent care waiting times are a joke.

Visited Hartlepool urgent care this afternoon 1:30 pm not feeling very unwell short of breath heart rate through the roof and feeling dizzy still waiting to see a doctor and it's. Now 17:06 I felt like I was going to collapse when I asked reception how long to see a doctor .she said how long is a piece of string and couldn't tell me how long I would still be waiting ...... This department in Hartlepool is a joke but I wasn't laughing I told reception that I was leaving to call a ambulance as I didn't feel well at all she said ok but we're open 24 hours if I need to call back ....joke .... Straight to a&e or call a ambulance in the future this service needs sorting out

Visited in December 2018. Posted on 02 December 2018

University Hospital Of Hartlepool replied on 04 December 2018

Thank you for contacting NHS Choices. I am sorry you have had cause to raise concerns about your attendance at the urgent care centre. To enable the Trust to investigate your concerns could you please contact the Patient Experience Team on 01642 624719 or e mail patientexperience@nth.nhs.uk.

Anonymous gave Urgent care centre at University Hospital Of Hartlepool a rating of 3 stars

Suspected UTI infection

I visited the center for the first time. I did find the staff and surrounding comfortable and friendly. The nurse/doctor I seen was very nice and friendly and fully explained my situation to me which she was very good with! For the reason I went is a reoccurring issue for myself I know exactly how my body feels when this problem occurs and general I visit my go but they were booked up and usual I'm given antibiotics without issue, unfortunately this lady would not give me any as she believed there wasn't really an infection even thought I knew I needed them. I put a test into my gp a week later and suprise I did need antibiotics so unfortunately I. This respect I was not happy with this outcome. Also bearing in mind I had the UTI pain on and of for week hence knowing what I needed

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 14 December 2018

University Hospital Of Hartlepool replied on 14 December 2018

Thank you for leaving a comment on NHS Choices. If you would like to discuss this matter further please do not hesitate to contact the Patient Experience Team on 01642 624719

Anonymous gave Urgent care centre at University Hospital Of Hartlepool a rating of 5 stars

Excellent

I have just returned from the Urgent Care Dept (14 Oct 2018;) and from walking in to departing I received excellent treatment The staff were friendly but very professional I had rang 111which was also excellent and after explaining my problem was given an appointment I was seen quite quickly I have nothing but praise for the staff from the receptionist X-ray department and the nurse I first saw Thank you all

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 14 October 2018

University Hospital Of Hartlepool replied on 15 October 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments on NHS Choices. These will be passed on to the teams involved in your care and they will be much appreciated.
Please accept our good wishes for the future.

ANGIE gave Diagnostic Endoscopy at University Hospital Of Hartlepool a rating of 5 stars

I attended monday morning for a colonoscopy. Everyone was kind and welcoming. My dignity and privacy were very well looked after throughout thank you. A member of staff did my canula and you cant tell i have had one!! No pain and no bruise. The theatre team were lovely and did a grand job reassuring me. I cant thank you enough...kind regards A Davis

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 18 October 2018

University Hospital Of Hartlepool replied on 18 October 2018

Visit on Saturday 4th August

Feeling really ill when I woke I rang the doctors to be told ring 111 or go to urgent care. Having recently checked the reviews I though this could possibly be quite daunting. However upon arrival the receptionist was lovely, very pleasant and helpful. I was told to sit in the waiting area and to be fair I expected a long wait. I was called almost straight away to the triage nurse- I explained what had happened since I had been to the doctors earlier in the week. After she thoroughly checked me over she was able to issue me with a prescription and give me advice that would help with my recovery. All in all the staff were spot on - very helpful, polite and also reassuring. Top marks today!

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 04 August 2018

University Hospital Of Hartlepool replied on 06 August 2018

Anonymous gave Diagnostic Endoscopy at University Hospital Of Hartlepool a rating of 5 stars

Massive thank you!

Please accept this review as nothing short of mirical workers!
I've had plenty of endoscopy tests in the past and im terrified Every time.
The staff at hartlepool were outstanding. Kept me calm and reassured me that everything was going to be fine. And it was. You settled me right down and were able to diagnose for me.
Xx

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 20 July 2018

University Hospital Of Hartlepool replied on 02 August 2018

Nurse very rude and not good with children

Advised to go to the Urgent Care Centre following a call to 111 regarding my 2 year old son; having being unable to obtain a GP appointment that day. My son was reviewed by a Sister there who was extremely rude the minute we walked through the door and gave the impression that we were wasting her time. The nurse then carried out a very poor assessment on my son, did not try and engage with him at all whilst carrying out the assessment, which made my son more anxious with what was happening. She then gave a poor explanation as to the reasons behind his symptoms, making us have no confidence in her clinical abilities and knowledge. We left the Urgent Care Centre disgusted and angry.

My son was reviewed by a GP the following day. A full assessment was carried out without problems. Would not recommend this place to anyone I know.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 25 July 2018

University Hospital Of Hartlepool replied on 02 August 2018

Thank you for contacting NHS Choices. To enable the Trust to investigate your concerns could you please contact the Patient Experience Team on 01642 624719 or email patientexperience@nth.nhs.uk.