Salisbury District Hospital

01722 336262 Odstock Road , Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP2 8BJ

Anonymous gave Maternity services at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 5 stars

20 week scan

We visited the hospital yesterday at 1.15pm for our 20 week scan and were so impressed by the Sonographer. They were passionate about their job and very personable. Every detail was explained to us and they took their time. We did not feel rushed and had a wonderful experience.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 04 October 2017

Salisbury District Hospital replied on 09 October 2017

Thank you very much for contacting us. We are delighted to hear of the professionalism and care shown to you by our staff. We will pass on your kind words to the team.

J Blyth gave Ophthalmology at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 2 stars

3 hour wait and unprofessional receptionist

Arrived at 1125 as I had made my appointment for 1200, but told to arrive 1130. On arrival the receptionist informed me that appointment was for 1120 and to find a chair to wait to be seen. I expected to wait a little while but at the 2 hour point I was still none the wiser as no-one had spoken to me. A doctor then came out of their office and said that they had five missed appointments all from Emergency. As I had arrived yesterday from Emergency I thought that one of those could be me.
I spoke to the receptionist who informed me quite abruptly that I was not booked in to see a doctor. Considering it was the same receptionist; I was very annoyed to say the least. They then came back to say that the earliest I could see the doctor was 50 minutes later, after lunch.
After another hour the Sister saw me and commented on me still being there. They then went off to find my notes, which weren't where they were supposed to be at reception. Finally the Sister took control and processed me with an eye check. The doctor was then told that I was next and saw me. I was confused from the start and really annoyed at the end.
Really happy with the professionalism of the nursing staff and doctors, but the receptionist does need training or supervision and better interpersonal skills when dealing with patients.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 04 October 2017

Salisbury District Hospital replied on 09 October 2017

Please accept our sincerely apologies for your experience today. This is not the level of service we strive to deliver at Salisbury Hospital and it is very disappointing to hear about what occurred. On receipt of your comments, we immediately spoke with the manager of this department, who will act on your comments appropriately. We are however pleased to hear that the clinical aspects of your visit were dealt with professionally. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Anonymous gave Geriatric Medicine at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic sensitive care

I would like to say a big thank you to staff on Laverstock Ward for the care they gave to my mother in the final days of her life and the way they all supported me and the rest of my family. Throughout the whole time we were kept fully involved and informed and each member of the team, from the doctors, nurses and ward clerk through to the ward cleaner, looked after us with sensitivity and kindness. I would also like to thank the end of life care team and the chaplaincy who were always available to provide additional support if it were needed, and the A&E, physiotherapy and short stay emergency unit teams who looked after my mother when she was first admitted. I think they are all a credit to the NHS and our family will never forget their professionalism and kindness.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 10 October 2017

Salisbury District Hospital replied on 16 October 2017

Firstly, please accept our deepest condolences for the loss of your mother. We very much appreciate you sharing your experience at this very difficult time.

Your words will be of great comfort and support to others in similar circumstances. We will ensure that we pass on your thanks to the teams mentioned. With warmest regards.

Diane Berry gave General Surgery at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Appointment for ultrasound scan

I had an appointment for an ultrasound scan yesterday morning at 9:30 at Salisbury district hospital. I went to the desk in the x ray department and was checked in straight away & asked to take a seat. I was called in dead on time if not a few minutes before. The person who called me and did the scan was an absolute delight. They were extremely polite and caring and was so lovely. The whole experience was absolutely lovely and very much appreciated, thank you.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 14 September 2017

Salisbury District Hospital replied on 20 September 2017

Thank you for this glowing review. We are delighted that that our x-ray department provided such a high standard of care and service. Your thanks will be shared with the team.

Rebecca Wood gave Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic team of people.

I came to the Endoscopy Unit for a procedure today and never considered I would want to write a review of any kind. After the treatment I was given today I felt compelled to share my experiences.
All the staff were exceptional and ensured I felt relaxed, and had all the information about the procedure.
Two nurses were very complimentary about my consultant and informed me they were lovely and it put me completely at ease. Although the procedure was not something I enjoyed in anyway the con and the two nurses in the room were brilliant. I felt fully informed at all times and truly felt they cared for my well being throughout.
I cannot praise the team enough and I'm deliggted that I found a platform to share my comments.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 19 September 2017

Salisbury District Hospital replied on 21 September 2017

Your comments are very gratefully received and will be a significant comfort to others who are about to undergo similar procedures. To receive such high praise is testament to the calibre of the Endoscopy Unit staff. We will ensure they receive your kind words. Thank you.

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 2 stars

Gyne outpatients

Had morning appointment as to which I was seen 45 minutes late To he then given a prescription upon collecting prescription it was an injection to be given with no needle supplied told to go back to gyne and ask how to administer. The nurse was not sure unable to contact consultant 4 hours later still waiting for an answer !! Not a happy patient

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 06 September 2017

Salisbury District Hospital replied on 07 September 2017

We are very sorry to hear about this incident, which we are aware of. While you have now had the appropriate treatment, this is not the experience that we want for women in our care and we are looking into all the issues you have raised here. In the meantime, we apologise again for the problems this caused you.

mark denyer gave Gastrointestinal and Liver services at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 5 stars

endoscopy unit

Dr , and the team of nurses on endoscopy ward. just to say a big thankyou they all made me feel very relaxed and welcome all my worries if i had any were put aside and all was explained in full lovely people will be under dr as for seeable future. ps. recently moved to hampshire from sussex and agree salisbury hospital ranks high on list never had such caring treatment, ref colitis patient. mark denyer

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 21 September 2017

Salisbury District Hospital replied on 21 September 2017

Thank you for your lovely comment about our staff and your support of our hospital. We are very proud of our staff and have passed on your thanks, as we know they will be pleased to hear your feedback. Best wishes from the team here in Salisbury.

Anonymous gave Children's & Adolescent Services at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Superb Care and Service - The NHS At Its Best

Our 14 year old son was recently admitted to Salisbury Hospital as an emergency and I just want to thank everyone involved in his care and treatment, which was brilliant. The entire experience from arrival to discharge was seamless and the compassion shown by every single member of staff we met, was wonderful.

We brought him to the emergency department and he was seen very quickly. We were told that he would need to be reviewed in the childrens ward and were transferred straight away. On arrival the nursing team and doctors were expecting us and he was again seen almost immediately. From then on he underwent a number of tests and was eventually admitted for 2 days. Throughout this process both he and we as parents were kept fully informed and involved, which was very reassuring.

No parent would ever want to have to bring their child to hospital, but our experience is that Salisbury Hospital’s care cannot be faulted. Bravo!

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 07 September 2017

Salisbury District Hospital replied on 07 September 2017

Thank you for your lovely comment and we are pleased that your son received excellent care throughout the whole time he was with us and that you were also kept fully informed of what was happening. We know that our staff welcome feedback from patients and relatives and we will pass on your thanks to all the teams involved.

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Appointment at Early Pregnancy Unit.

I sadly had to have an ultrasound done at 6 weeks pregnant as I had bleeding which was confirmed to be an early miscarriage. It was an upsetting time for us as we had been trying for a baby for many years. I want to thank the staff for the kindness they showed us.

Whilst I was more than happy by the treatment we received I felt upset by other patients being extremely loud over their good news-and I thought it was insensitive nature considering not everyone there will receive good news. I know this isn't the fault of the staff but felt the staff need to be aware of it.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 12 August 2017

Salisbury District Hospital replied on 15 August 2017

Thank you for your kind words about our staff. We can understand how you must have felt in clinic and we are sorry that you were able to hear others sharing their news. We already have a separate room and a way of managing situations away from the main clinic area for women and partners who have received bad news. We are also now changing the way we run these clinics to try and avoid the sort of situation you were faced with when you were here. This must be a very difficult time for you, so please feel free to contact the team on 01722 336262, extension 4431, if there is any further help or support we can give you.

Anonymous gave Vascular surgery at Salisbury District Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Vascular Unit

I came away feeling really positive, the staff were lovely , I was made to feel completely relaxed in their care, especially the consultant and their nurse.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 04 August 2017

Salisbury District Hospital replied on 09 August 2017

Thank you for your comment and we are pleased that the vascular team looked after you well when you were here.