Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital

01603 286 286 Colney Lane , Norwich, Norfolk, NR4 7UY

Anonymous gave Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic Staff!

Having been 3 times in recent weeks for a Colonoscopy, MRI and CT scan, I can honestly say on each occasion every single member of staff I met were polite, kind and caring. Thank you all for making the time spent much less daunting than expected!

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 06 January 2018

Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 15 January 2018

Dear Patient
Thank you for your note about your recent attendances at hospital. I am pleased to read that staff were kind, polite and caring. I will share this with the staff in the departments and senior managers in the hospital. Thank you for taking the time to write with your thanks and praise.
Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

AF Treatment

I received exceptional treatment to get my heart back in rhythm as have an ongoing atrial fibrillation problem. The staff were great although I couldn’t remember the name of my Dr in Resuss...but would love be to adopt him..caring considerate articulate thoughtful...nursing staff were great, paramedics, nurses, trainees...

Where the problem was when I was moved out of resuss awaiting discharge. I came in at 7 am, I had fluids pumped in me, ok medicinal...at 12 lunchtime no one asked me if I needed to pee, I was still hooked up to iv potassium, lots of Drs no nurses, so disconnected my own iv potassium to get to toilet...sitting opposite at least 10 Drs who directed me to the toilet ...

I was extremely distressed as my husband was in hospital, I left my dogs, had to pick up my husband sort out my dogs...and get better myself.

I was getting extremely distressed with my dogs and my husband but no one spoke with me to advise what was happening..in the end I left without discharge..

I know u are doing your best...but you could have discharged me soon after my AF was under control, no one came to see me, no one came to discharge me

I really support u guys, but u should have discharged me quickly since I bed blocked for 90 minutes with no need except it stressed me out more

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 18 January 2018

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital has not yet replied.

Anne Pearce gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Provision of hearing aids

I was fitted with new hearing aids just before Christmas and am so pleased with them - a big improvement on previous ones (fitted five years earlier). I know that technology improves all the time but I also so much appreciate the skills of the audiologist(s) in the fitting and adjusting of the aids. The service (including after service) is excellent. Having hearing aids that work so well is fantastic, really enhances the quality of everyday life so much. I forget I'm wearing them and can enjoy social situations particularly so much more now that background noise is less of an issue. Thank you so much.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 12 January 2018

Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital has not yet replied.

Tony gave Gastrointestinal and Liver services at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Had a liver biopsy was dreading it

Yesterday i had a liver biopsy i was dreading it however i can say from the minute i arrived till i left the care was quite superb , also i would say it did not hurt as much as i feared all off the staff where quite superb and i would like to thank them all ,one member of staff was so caring i wish you all a great Christmas ,Tony xx

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 08 December 2017

Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 13 December 2017

Dear Patient
Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent attendance at hospital. I am pleased to read that staff were caring. I will share this with all involved in your care and thank you for taking the time to write with your thanks and prase.

7mm reviewed Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital

Very helpful service

Phoned up early hours of Thursday morning very helpful thanks have a great Christmas and keep up with the great work you all do.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 15 December 2017 using Care Opinion

Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager, Norfolk and Norwich University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust replied on 22 December 2017

Dear Patient
Thank you for your kind comments about the service you recently received. I will share this with senior staff in the hospital.
Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager

martin robson gave Cardiology at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

car parking charges

i know parking charges are necessary , but on this occasion I was in and out within the 30 minutes which enabled me to have free parking , but on leaving the hospital all the parking machines were out of order , and the only one available had a long queue which by the time i got to insert my ticket it had taken me over the half hour , and charges were now in place ,very unfair , and why have these machines been out of action for so long ?:

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 18 December 2017

Dear Patient
Thank you for your comments about car parking charges. I am sorry to read your concerns. Please contact me at pals@nnuh.nhs.uk and we will look into this further for you.
Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager

Sue Balmer gave Accident and emergency services at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Visit to minor injuries unit Cromer

On Boxing Day I took a friend to the minor injuries unit at Cromer Hospital. He was suffering from a chest infection and having trouble breathing.
We found the Receptionist to be most unhelpful. At the front door there is a notice telling people to wait until called - there is no chair. The receptionist did not look up or acknowledge us for a few minutes, when we were called she told us the unit could not see my friend and offered no advice as to what we could do instead. I asked if when could be seen by a nurse - she said that was possible but she could not tell us how long we would have to wait or whether the nurse would be able to prescribe, so rather than risk waiting hours to be told to go somewhere else, we left and eventually ended up in A&E Norwich after calling 111.

It is not the fact that Cromer was probably not the right place that we were unhappy about - it was the unhelpful ness and negativity of the the receptionist.
Receptionists are the face of the NHS they should be able have a positive attitude even when telling someone they are in the wrong place.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 29 December 2017

Dear enquirer
Thank you for the feedback you have provided regarding your visit to Cromer Minor Injuries Unit last month. I am sorry to read that you were left with a negative impression of a staff member in the Unit.
I will share this with the managers in the Unit so improvements can be made. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.
Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager

Anonymous gave Stroke at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Exemplary Care from A & E and Stroke Unit

I took my father who had developed some confusion to A & E yesterday. He could not remember names as well. The A & E was busy as New Year bank holiday was looming. After being booked in by triage, he was seen within an hour by Stroke team.
Within another hour he had blood tests, ECG and CT Scan.
Despite the struggle to find bed space, my dad was taken into stroke ward within the next hour.
He was then seen by various HCA, nurses, doctors, physiotherapist, occupational therapist, Speech and Language Therapist. He had various tests and scans done. All were done so efficiently like clockwork within 24hrs !
The consultant explained clearly what had happend and what would be the future like.
My father has been discharged today.
Despite the stress of handling his condition, my dad felt at ease due to the compassionate care given by all the staff members.
I would have named all the team members to thank each one and all if I was allowed, but I am not supposed to do on this review.
The quality of care of our experience from A & E front door to the exit from ward has been above exemplary.
Compassion, Efficiency and Friendliness all mixed into one.
The review deserves 10 stars out of 5 stars.
We are all good at moaning and complaining of the NHS all the time, but I do not think we get this kind of care anywhere in the world. I speak this from mine as well as friends' experiences. Hope we learn to appreciate the value of what we have got.
Well done all the staff of the A & E and Stroke team - I and my dad are ever grateful for all your hard work and smiles.
I also want to thank the Radiology team as well for arranging the scans so speedily - they work tirelessly in their rooms - but as they are out of sight - they are out of mind. I want to thank them a lot. So goes for the laboratory team as well.
Dear PALS team - if you see this review - please do convey my sincere gratitudes to all of your team.
Happy New Year 2018

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 29 December 2017

Dear Family Member
Thank you for your kind note about the care and treatment your father recently received at the hospital. I am pleased to read that staff were kind and compassionate. Thank you for taking the time to write with your thanks and praise and I will share this with staff involved in his care and senior managers in the hospital.
Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager

Mark Burns gave Orthopaedics at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Professional and Caring

I would like to thank everyone involved with my operation and brief stay in hospital. This was my first overnight stay in a hospital but I was looked after so well I didn't at any stage feel the need to press my buzzer for attention. My surgeon explained my whole procedure in a clear and concise manner and his skills are outstanding. I am happy for the hospital to publish this review wherever they care to and I am truly grateful for the amazing work which you all do.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 31 December 2017

Dear Patient
Thank you for your kind note about the care and treatment you recently received at the hospital. I will share your thanks and praise with staff involved and with senior managers in the hospital. Thank you for taking the time to write.
Sarah Eastwood, PALS Manager

Anonymous gave Dermatology at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Dermatology for BCC

I am writing because of concerns regarding treatment given to a family member.
On diagnosis and excision of a BCC in May 2017 it was hoped that all was well, but a letter was received to say this was not the case and further excision was necessary, an appointment (consultation only) was given for approx. 10 weeks later. At this appointment more surgery was advised but the appointment for this would not be until November/December 17,
The appointment was eventually given for the end of December, just before Christmas, on attendance the family member was told that the surgery planned would now not be possible due to growth of the lesion, It would now be necessary to have surgery under general anaesthetic with involvement of plastic surgeons and/or radiotherapy, if surgery was undertaken more than one operation would be necessary. The patient was sent home to await an appointment to discuss options and is still waiting to hear.
I have spoken to the consultant involved with the latest decision, although very pleasant, taking time to explain the options now available this does nothing to allay my anxiety regarding the very long delays between appointments.
I sincerely feel that if the second surgery had been undertaken within weeks rather than waiting some 7 months a very different outcome could have been achieved.
I wonder just how much longer my family member will have to wait to be given treatment for his cancer.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 01 January 2018

Dear Family Member
I write further to your feedback regarding cancer treatment and the length of time this has taken. I have shared this with senior staff in the department so they are aware of your concerns. If you would like to discuss this further please contact me at pals@nnuh.nhs.uk.
Thank you for taking the time to write.