Hospital Of St Cross

01788 572831 Barby Rd , Rugby, Warwickshire, CV22 5PX

Anna Dawson gave Orthopaedics at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Had full knee replacement and stayed on cedar ward

All Cedar Ward staff and physio's were 100% attentive and professional. Service was a good hotel standard which was not as I had anticipated - even the food was good and very substantial. There wasn't anything which appeared to be too much for anyone to do for myself and other patients. Could easily have stayed there longer if allowed!!
Surgeon, doctors and anaesthetist ensured enough time to talk through any anxieties and put me at ease..
Couldn't have had a better experience.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 11 November 2017

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 13 November 2017

Dear Anna,

Thank you very much for posting your review of Cedar Ward at the Hospital of St Cross. I hope you are recovering well after your operation. I was really pleased to read your praise for the whole team, and how they made sure you were comfortable and at ease. I have already passed on your kind comments to the Matrons and Manager at the hospital.

The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients. Thank you again for leaving your comments on NHS Choices.

Telephone: 0800 028 4203

Frank Abrahart gave Urgent care centre at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Visit to Urgent Care Center

I had occasion to visit the Urgent Care Center regarding an infection and have nothing but praise for the care and treatment provided by all the staff from receptionists to nursing staff.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 17 November 2017

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 20 November 2017

Dear Frank,

Thank you very much for your kind comments about the Urgent Care Centre at the Hospital of St Cross. I hope you are recovering well. I will pass on your kind comments about our staff to the Matrons and Manager at the hospital.

Steve c gave Urgent care centre at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Prompt and professional

Great service yesterday by the team at st cross hospital walk-in. The nurse practitioner I saw at 8:30am was fantastic, super-professional, no-nonsense and very caring. I was seen quickly, decisions made promptly and arrangements made for my necessary trip to Coventry university hospital ( that visit is another story entirely). Thanks to the team at Rugby.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 04 October 2017

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 11 October 2017

Dear Steve,

Thank you very much for your praise of the Rugby Urgent Care Centre following your visit last week. I hope you have been recovering well. I was especially pleased to read that you were seen quickly and that you described the nurse who cared for you as "fantastic" and "very caring". I will pass on your kind comments to the Matrons and Manager at the hospital.

If you do want to speak to someone about the issues you had at University Hospital in Coventry, I would encourage you to contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service on 0800 028 4203 or on feedback@uhcw.nhs.uk. Please make them aware that you have left comments on NHS Choices.

Scouser14 reviewed Hospital Of St Cross

Orthopaedics

Last week I had knee surgery to repair a root tear at Rugby Day Surgery. This surgery was quickly arranged following an appointment at the urgent knee clinic. Whilst it took some time to get this initial appointment following my MRI scan results it was quickly explained to me how serious the damage to my knee was and surgery was needed. I was booked in for the following Friday. The procedure was explained in detail by Mr Middleton and completed successfully. The team on Day surgery were fantastic from the ward manager that admitted me to the HCA who brought me a drink, nothing was too much trouble. Sophie the physio was fab teaching me how to use crutches and going up the stairs I didn’t feel rushed at any point despite me trying to get home ASAP. I work in the NHS therefore appreciate the time pressures and shortness of staff we sometimes experience but this did not affect the care I was provided in any way whatsoever.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 14 October 2017 using Care Opinion

Sarah Dakin, Communications Manager, University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust replied on 16 October 2017

Thank you so much for your positive review about day surgery at the Hospital of St Cross following your recent knee surgery. I hope you are continuing to recover well after your operation.
I was really pleased to hear you describe the whole team as "fantastic", and your particular praise for the surgeon who performed your operation, and the physiotherapist who made sure you were ready to go home to continue your recovery. I was also pleased to read that your surgery had been arranged soon after your appointment.
We are grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients, and I will be passing on your kind comments to the team who cared for you so well. Thank you again for sharing your views on Care Opinion.

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Exemplary Care

My Dad had a hip replacement at St. Cross. The surgery went very well but he had a reaction to the anesthetic that caused confusion and distress. The staff, without exception, went out of their way to support my Dad, and us, his family. They made him as comfortable as possible, involved us in all decisions made for him and welcomed us to the ward to spend time out of visiting hours. The medical care was excellent and the personal care and attention to needs was amazing - well beyond expectations. Thank you so much to all the staff.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 24 October 2017

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 25 October 2017

Thank you very much for posting your review on NHS Choices about the care your father received when he had his hip replaced at the Hospital of St Cross.

I hope he is doing well after his operation, but I was sorry to hear that your father had a reaction to the anaesthetic. Occasionally this can happen, but I was very pleased to read about the "excellent" care and extra support that our medical and nursing staff provided to your father and the whole family throughout his stay in our hospital. I was especially happy to read that the team involved your father and the family in decisions about his care, and provided him with care that was personalised to him as an individual.

We are grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients. Thank you again for leaving your comments on NHS Choices.

Guy. gave Orthopaedics at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Awesome.

I was admitted on the 26th of November 2017 for a shoulder replacement,and as soon as I set foot onto the ward, the experience was made a whole lot better by the group of people who work there.Awesome is just one of the words that describes them!The total dedication is amazing.The fact that they were always laughing and joking,simply blew me away.Caring and sympathetic also,even to unrelated matters.I cannot thank you guys enough.You made a tough time much better.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 31 October 2017

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 08 November 2017

Dear Guy,

Thank you very much for posting your review on NHS Choices about your recent shoulder surgery at the Hospital of St Cross. I hope you are recovering well after your operation.

I was so pleased to read that you had such a good experience in our hospital, and to see you describe our staff as "awesome", as well as "caring and sympathetic". I have passed on your kind comments to the Modern Matrons and Managers at the hospital, so they can pass on the positive feedback to the team who cared for you.

Stuart Ward gave Orthopaedics at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Total hip replacement 2017

As an ex-nhs worker I have to say that the NHS is in much better shape than when I was employed from 1967 to 1987. Having elected for total hip replacement I was admitted to Cedar Ward male section on Tuesday 24th October 2017. I was first on the list for the surgeon, a relatively new surgeon at UHCW. A lively pre op theatre team soon relaxed me, anaesthetic administered I drifted off into sublime unconsciousness. On returning to Cedar Ward my blood pressure was a little low, something I had experienced before, and easily corrected with a drip or two. As I expected on day 1 I was helped out of bed and I was amazed at the lack of pain. The food was competent and enough.
Day 2 Wednesday.
More out of bed action with the help of the able physiotherapiy team. Pain absolutely minimal even though I was on minimal morphine.
Day 3 Thursday.
Oh joy of joys, today I could have a shower! Ward staff are superb,very caring and humorous. More physio and adequate time for visitors.
Day 4 Friday
Set for discharge today following training on climbing up and down stairs and drug supplies.

Now 13 days later I can walk 3 miles using only one crutch, pain is non existent.
I have to thank all the ward staff on Cedar Ward as well as the operating theatre team, not forgetting the brilliant surgeon.
I'm looking forward to having the other hip done.
Thank you all.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 06 November 2017

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 08 November 2017

Dear Stuart,

Thank you very much for posting your comprehensive review on NHS Choices about the care you received in the Cedar Ward at the Hospital of St Cross for your hip replacement. We are a specialist centre for orthopaedic surgery, so it was great to read your comments about the care the team provided to you.

I was especially pleased to hear how the operation had left you free from pain and able to walk so far, and to hear your praise for our hospital as a former NHS employee. I have passed on your kind comments to the management team at the hospital so that they can pass on your thanks to your surgeon and anaesthetist and the team on Cedar who cared for you.

Lorraine gave Orthopaedics at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

How lucky are we to have such an amazing hospital in Rugby!

I am currently recovering from knee surgery at St Cross and wanted to pass on my gratitude to all on day surgery.

Each and every member of the team were kind, helpful, supportive, reassuring, I was treated with respect - I felt safe and cared for.

I also really appreciated all the information I was given before & after surgery - I certainly felt prepared for my operation and also for the outcome of it.

I feel lucky to have had such a positive experience and I feel less anxious about my next step - a total knee replacement .... I will choose St Cross again ;)

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 05 October 2017

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 13 October 2017

Dear Lorraine,

Thank you so much for your lovely review about day surgery at the Hospital of St Cross. I hope you are continuing to recover well after your operation.

I was so happy to read that you had such a good experience in our hospital, and that everyone you saw was so helpful, respectful and caring, and that they told you everything you needed to know about your operation and what to expect. This is exactly the kind of care that we aim to provide to all our patients, and I'm so pleased this was your experience.

We are grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients, and I have passed on your kind comments to the team that cared for you. Thank you again for sharing your views on NHS Choices.

Telephone: 0800 028 4203

Rachael gave Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Oral surgery

. I usually attended Univirsty Coventry hospital but as the waiting time for Coventry was 10 months plus o was offered to attend st cross rugby.
So glad I did, extremely lovely polite staff through out, and from my experience a lot better ran from check in to surgery to sign out.
In the future I will be requesting this hospital if I'm ever to attend for any procedures :)

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 16 August 2017

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 17 August 2017

Dear Rachael,

Thank you very much for providing feedback following your surgery at the Hospital of St Cross. I hope that you have been recovering well after your procedure.

I was delighted to read that you were happy with every aspect of your care, and that you had found our staff so polite and kind. I will pass on your comments to the Matrons and Manager at the hospital.

If you do want to speak to someone about the issues you have had previously at University Hospital in Coventry, I would encourage you to contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service on 0800 028 4203 or on feedback@uhcw.nhs.uk. Please make them aware that you have left comments on NHS Choices.

Sue Tuckwell gave Orthopaedics at Hospital Of St Cross a rating of 5 stars

Hip replacement surgery

Cannot fault my treatment on Cedar Ward. Everyone who was involved in my care whilst on the ward were so kind and caring. I had everything explained clearly to me every step of the way and staff took time to listen to my worries and if necessary explain over again. As a result this made me feel more calm and relaxed which can only be a good thing. When I became ill shortly after my operation, doctors and nurses reacted very quickly to treat me and took time to not only reassure me but to talk to my husband as well. When I was discharged I was told to phone the ward if I had any concerns at all. This made me feel safer as well.
Thank you all so much.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 26 August 2017

Hospital Of St Cross replied on 05 September 2017

Dear Sue,

Thank you very much for providing feedback following your stay on Cedar Ward at the Hospital of St Cross. I do hope you've been doing well after your surgery. I was sorry to hear that you had become unwell immediately following your operation, but I was really pleased to read how well the nurses and consultants had cared for you, how quickly they had responded to your concerns, and how well they had explained your procedure to both yourself and your husband. I have passed on your message of thanks to the team involved in your care.