Queen Alexandra Hospital

023 9228 6000 Southwick Hill Road, Cosham , Portsmouth, Hampshire, PO6 3LY

Joseph Todd gave Ophthalmology at Queen Alexandra Hospital a rating of 5 stars

An outstanding service.

I've been under the care of the doctors for nearly 8 years. They and the department are always courteous, kind and efficient. I feel very involved in my care and have always had the best experience.

The staff are equally considerate and unfailingly helpful, not to say kind.

I have worked in healthcare my entire adult life, often in hospitals and this is the best outpatient service I've ever encountered. its outstanding.

Thank you.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 02 October 2017

Head of Complaints and Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS), Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 03 October 2017

Hi Joseph
We're really pleased to hear that your experience of the hospital's outpatient service and our staff has been so positive.
The staff involved will be delighted to have such positive feedback and I am sure that they would agree that it is our pleasure to look after such lovely patients as yourself.
With our very best wishes for the future
Marion

Anonymous gave Plastic surgery at Queen Alexandra Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Couldn't fault

I was admitted urgently due to a cat bite which rapidly became infected. I was on IV Anti biotics and taken into theatre very quickly .The nurses in the ward were wonderful.I'm very grateful to them all.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 04 October 2017

Kathy Parker, PALS & Complaints Coordinator, Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust replied on 13 October 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your kind words.
We are very pleased to learn that you had such a wonderful experience at such a worrying time.
Best Wishes.
Debbie

Barry Dennett gave Accident and emergency services at Queen Alexandra Hospital a rating of 5 stars

A difficult week end but so well looked after in A & E

The complete story would take to long but in short I presented myself at A & E on Saturday 30/9/17 with reoccurring artrial flutter(140 BPM). My journey took me from A & E, to Orange Ward and on to a Cardiology ward for the night. I was treated well at all times. I was discharged on the Sunday morning with a lower but fluctuating heart rate. The problem re occurred at Monday evening was still recorded at 140 BPM on arrival at A & E but ok by the time I was in RESUS. I went home but had to return 1 hour later and went back into RESUS.
After 6 hours they managed to correct the heart rate. For how long I don't know. But my thanks go to all the staff from the nurses at the front desk to the doctor and nurses in RESUS who treated me so well and kept me at ease during what was for me a worrying time. They are so good. I hope I don't have to see them again.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 04 October 2017

Queen Alexandra Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Queen Alexandra Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Caring and Compassionate

I had to visit A&E on 2 occasions last week. I arrived by ambulance on the first occasion and walked in on the second. On both occasions the staff were clearly working flat out and were over-stretched. Nonetheless, they were very caring and compassionate. They demonstrated high levels of expertise and I was treated and back out again much more quickly that I had expected. They had to put up with some really difficult patients who were clearly annoyed or quite rude and having to deal with such people must get so wearing over a long shift. It is little wonder that there may be the occasional moment when they aren't at their best but they are human after all and staffing levels are out of their control. Well done to all

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 05 October 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback.
I am sorry to hear that you had to attend A&E twice but am pleased to note that you were treated caringly and compassionately.
Please be assured that I will share your comments with the teams involved.

Anonymous gave Queen Alexandra Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Phone? joke.

Been trying to contact the Breast Screening Clinic all week during the hours stated and using the number(s) given on the letter: 023 9228 3613/4, and the number on the website:023 927 6336, AND via the QA switchboard. Left messages which have not been answered.

As this form can only be submitted by completing all fields I've starred each section 1 and had to put in a fictitious date of a visit,

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 05 October 2017

I am sorry that you have experienced problems contacting the Breast Screening Clinic.
If you have still been unable to contact them, then please contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 0800 917 6039 or by email at PHT.PALS@porthosp.nhs.uk who can raise your concerns with the relevant staff.

Caroline gave Accident and emergency services at Queen Alexandra Hospital a rating of 5 stars

AE visit

Following the advice of 111 after a car Accident I presented at QA's Accident and Emergency clinic expecting the worse in respect of service and waiting time. How wrong was I , the staff were extremely friendly and I was in and out in 45 mins. All the staff deserve a huge pat on the back and big thanks for all they do.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 06 October 2017

Dear C….e
I am sorry to hear of your accident and would like to thank you for taking the time to leave us your positive comments.
I will share these with the team involved, who I am sure will be delighted to read them.
Best wishes.
Debbie

Paul Collins gave Stroke services at Queen Alexandra Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Efficient and Caring

From the moment I received a phone call to attend the QA for assessments and scans, everything went like clockwork. First, the person on the phone told me times, where to be, and how long it was likely to take. Each department there was no waiting as I was expected, All the people I had contact with were very caring as I was full of anxiety, from the person in vascular scanning, the scanning department and the staff and the doctor in the TIA Clinic
Everything was fully explained my news was good, but the important thing for me was that I was treated with care and understanding. Great service from the NHS and the QA.

Thank You.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 09 October 2017

Dear P….s
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am pleased to hear that everything went like clockwork for you during such a worrying time and that all the people you had contact with were very caring and fully explained things to you.
Please be assured that I will share your kind words with the teams involved. I wish you a speedy recovery and well for the future.
Debbie

Joyce Dawson gave Accident and emergency services at Queen Alexandra Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Emergency Department

We have had occasion to use the QA emergency department twice in the last few weeks. On both occasions we experienced clinical excellence, were treated with respect and kindness from all levels of staff. All this in spite of limited resources and we are very grateful.

Well done QA

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 10 October 2017

Dear J……n
I am pleased to hear that you have had a good experience on both occasions that you have visited the Emergency Department recently.
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your kind words, which I will share the the teams involved.

A&E paediatric dept

Visited the unit during early hours of this morning with young grandson with croup. staying with his Mum for the night from London. As usual QA was fantastic. Efficient, clean and friendly. Staff wonderful. Thank you so much

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 07 October 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback.
I am sorry to hear that your grandson required a visit to the hospital but am pleased to note that you found it efficient, clean and friendly with wonderful staff.
Please be assured that I will share your comments with the team involved.
Debbie

Christine Watts gave Surgery - Breast at Queen Alexandra Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Breast Services

I was referred to this clinic by my GP and had an appointment within 24 hours.. I only had to wait seven days and my experience in the clinic was excellent. I checked in before my appointment and filled in a questionaire about my medical history. Within ten minutes I was called to the consultant and examined. the diagnosis was made and I was sent for an ultra sound test. This confirmed the consultant's diagnosis and the explanation of my condition was presented in a clear and understandable way.
At all times I was treated in a kind and respectful way. I commend the staff at this clinic for their extremely professional and efficient service.
Luckily for me my outcome was good but I am grateful for having this reassurance.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 11 October 2017

Dear C…….s
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am pleased to note that your diagnosis was explained in an understandalbe way and that you were treated in a kind and respectful way at all times.
I will share your comments with the team involved who I know will be delighted to receive them.
I wish you well for the future.