Essex County Hospital

01206 747474 Lexden Road , Colchester, Essex, CO3 3NB

Dant2403 gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Essex County Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Iv had a sever infection in my nose ears and neck

I am disgustied with the way I have been treated admitted to hospital 2 with sepsis and then just sent home with antibiotics which are not working iv now been off work since November 2017 I get promised things are going to happen and they don’t had an ultra scale was told glands with very swollen and blocked and go see gp how will drain of doctor tells me they don’t do it at surgery so go back to hospital ya we will do another scan then drain them off for you then nurse tells me no I’m not doing it after pleading with her I run my own business and it’s suffering people work for us please can you do it she said no and walked out and I was close to tears more nights of 1-2 hours sleep

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 11 June 2018

Essex County Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Ophthalmology at Essex County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Second successful cataract operation

The care and attention shown by all the staff was as excellent as at the first operation. I was made very comfortable before, during and after the operation. Thank you to everyone involved. The standard of this department is superb.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 10 July 2018

Essex County Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Essex County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Good service for walk-in x-ray

Got a referral 1 day ago for a chest x-ray. The referral card suggested appointments were possible but when I rang I found it was 'sit and wait only'. I turned up at about 10:40, to catch the 8-12 slot. I only had to wait about 5-10 minutes to be x-rayed and the chap even apologised I had had to wait that long!

As far as i'm concerned that is great service!

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 24 April 2018

Essex County Hospital replied on 25 April 2018

Thank you for your kind words, I am really pleased that your experience was a positive one and that you were seen to in a timely manner.

Best Wishes

Anonymous gave Ophthalmology at Essex County Hospital a rating of 3 stars

Not always helpful

Have been attending clinic regularly. Always have eye problems after drops. Despite several attempts to bring this to staff attention it has been dealt with in a dismissive manner. Gp attendance has been necessary. Phone always engaged or left ringing.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 10 April 2018

Essex County Hospital replied on 12 April 2018

I am really sorry to read about the on-going problems you have been experiencing and the difficulty you are having getting hold of the department. Please contact our PALs (patient advice and liaison service) team at pals@colchesterhospital.nhs.uk or 01206 746448 and they will be able to offer assistance.
I hope the above information is helpful.

Anonymous gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Essex County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Very reassuring and helpful service

I was referred by my GP and had an appointment within a week. Although the clinic was running late, we were kept fully informed of waiting times and the clinic nurse was compassionate and friendly. The consultant was thorough and professional in his examination of me and offered practical ideas to help me. Essex County is a funny old hospital with a small car park (cars queueing up the road) but I could not fault my care today.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 12 March 2018

Essex County Hospital replied on 12 April 2018

Thank you for your kind words. I am really pleased that you were kept informed every step of the way and that you were treated with respect . I will ensure your comments reach the staff.

Paul Amner gave Ophthalmology at Essex County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Eye operation

I have today had a follow up appointment from eye surgery yesterday. As I had to travel from Harwich again in horrendous snowy conditions I asked if I could possibly be seen at whatever time I could manage to get there. Absolutely no problem, the consultant and his team couldn't have been more kind and helpful. My operation experience was marvelous, the whole team brilliant and a security officer who took my arm and guided me very cheerfully to and from my car to theatre department on both days was amazing. I count myself very lucky that we have such a wonderful National Health service department in Colchester. Thank you all, including receptionists who also were very cheery and helpful.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 28 February 2018

Essex County Hospital replied on 12 April 2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave such great feedback and your kind words. I am very pleased you received excellent care and support and had a great patient experience.

I shall pass your comments on to the team

Christine gave Ophthalmology at Essex County Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Excellent Service

I am amazed at the wonderful service I received for a pre cataract operation. I was seen on time and all three members of staff were very courteous and explained everything to me. My thanks go to three particular members of staff for making me feel so comfortable. I have no worries at all about my future op.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 12 January 2018

Essex County Hospital replied on 12 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave such positive feedback. I am pleased to hear you received such good service from the staff throughout. I shall ensure your comments are passed on to the team

Rosemary gave Ophthalmology at Essex County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

My cataract surgery review

I found with both my cataract operations at short notice, were very satisfactory.
The staff were very nice and kind.
My appointments before and after the surgery were always on time, in fact were earlier as I arrived earlier.

I would recommend this hospital department to anyone.

Many thanks to all at the opthalmic departments.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 22 January 2018

Essex County Hospital replied on 12 April 2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave such great feedback. I am very pleased you received excellent care and had a great patient experience.

I shall pass your comments on to the team

RebeccaM. gave Ophthalmology at Essex County Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Seen today in emergency clinic - very pleased with service.

Firstly seen by a very nice nurse who asked me how I like to be addressed and then ran through some sight testing.
I then went to see a doctor who was very pleasant and informative. They answered all of my questions in a way that made me feel listened to and confident.
I left feeling very reassured and that time had been taken with me.
Would be very happy to be seen again by this doctor and their team.
Both people were very friendly, personable and made me feel very well informed.

Such a shame that this hospital is closing soon and going over the ACE (so I have been told).

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 21 November 2017

Essex County Hospital replied on 12 April 2018

Thank you for leaving such positive comments, I am very pleased to hear you were treated with respect and felt reassured and supported throughout. I shall ensure your comments are passed on to the team

Murph gave Ophthalmology at Essex County Hospital a rating of 2 stars

Can never get through!

I have been trying to get through for over a week but the phone numbers provided are always busy regardless of what time of day I call! How are we supposed to re-arrange appointments when we can never get through??

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 22 November 2017

Essex County Hospital replied on 12 April 2018

I am really sorry to read about the difficulty you are having getting hold of the department to rearrange your appointment. Please contact our PALs (patient advice and liaison service) team at pals@colchesterhospital.nhs.uk or 01206 746448 and they will be able to offer assistance.
I hope the above information is helpful.