Colchester General Hospital

01206 747474 Turner Road , Colchester, Essex, CO4 5JL

John gave Accident and emergency services at Colchester General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Attendance via Ambulance on 04/07/18.

Ambulance crew fantastic as were all of the staff at the Hospital A and E. Can not thank them enough for the service given to me and for keeping my wife up to date with the treatment etc. Thankyou all, you do a fantastic job .

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 05 July 2018

Anonymous gave Orthopaedics at Colchester General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Recent stay on Aldham ward

After a recent accident I was admitted to Aldham ward. All the staff were friendly & polite & treated all the patients with dignity & respect. They were always willing to help however small the request.
The ward was cleaned daily & the many hand washing facilities were used constantly.
The only downside to my stay was that it was extremely warm at times, no air conditioning or fans were available & at night the bright corridor lights were left on making it harder to sleep.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 06 July 2018

Superdad1953l reviewed Colchester General Hospital

Crisis guys at colchester hospital

Desperate till I saw them. Seen one b4 but cant remember his name. Sorry. Waited all night after being dumped there by police following threats to end my life. One policeman was kind. Other was horrible! But was worth the wait. Will try to carry on.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 10 July 2018 using Care Opinion

Colchester General Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave General Surgery at Colchester General Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Care before & after surgery

Friendly staff leading up to my operation.
Porter came , said he was taking my bed to theatre, & I was walking to theatre.
I became very anxious about this , it was 20 minutes later a nurse came to take me.
This could have been avoided if I was allowed to go on the bed.
After surgery couldn’t fault the staff.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 08 July 2018

Colchester General Hospital has not yet replied.

Ana gave Accident and emergency services at Colchester General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Thanks you to all the A&E staff!

A huge thank you to all the A&E staff for treating me with my horrendous tontellitis on a busy Friday night. You were all amazing, couldn't have been more grateful.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 09 June 2018

Colchester General Hospital replied on 13 June 2018

Many thanks for your kind words, I will pass them onto the A&E team who will be thrilled to see them. Many thanks

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Colchester General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

totally professional nurses

Just wanted to say how impressed my husband and I were when we bought our 1 year old daughter in with thankfully what was a false alarm.
We sat in the observation room and listened to all the children being dealt with being treated with care and compassion.
Thank you - a credit to your profession.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 21 June 2018

Colchester General Hospital replied on 22 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments, I have passed them onto the Matron in ED who will share them with the rest of the team. Many thanks

Anonymous gave at Colchester General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Elective Orthopaedic Service

I would personally like to thank all those involved with the care of my husband both pre and post operatively, this includes the staff of Preassessment, Copford Ward, Theatre, Recovery and Great Tey Ward as well as the therapists. He has nothing but praise for you all, and I knew that he was in safe hands throughout his stay. Well Done team.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 26 June 2018

Colchester General Hospital replied on 26 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments. I will pass them on to the teams concerned who will be thrilled to see how they made such a difference to your husbands care and treatment. Many thanks

Pete and Nora gave Gastrointestinal and Liver services at Colchester General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Sueperb!

Spent a few happy hours at Colchester Hospital on Wednesday 27th June 2018.

MRI in the Turner building in the morning and Spinal appointment in the afternoon.

Both departments excellent thank you. Could not ask for more.

To bridge the time between these two appointments we spent an hour on a bench watching the ducks, counting our blessings and enjoying a picnic courtesy of a particular member of staff and her merry colleagues from the hospital shop.

What a great job they all do. snacks to fill an empty tum and smiles to brighten your day!

Thank you to all your team members - we enjoyed our day at your lovely hospital!

Cheers

Pete and Nora

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 29 June 2018

Colchester General Hospital replied on 29 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind words, I will make sure they get to see them. It is good to hear that you took advantage of the nice weather between your appointments, sitting outside watching the ducks with picnic - sounds idyllic. Many thanks

L.Gatt gave Stroke at Colchester General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Stroke Unit /elective care unit

A very quick appointment was made for me (less than 24 hours) on 29th June and was seen very promptly and efficiently by all the staff, in particular the doctor who was thorough and re assuring and was very impressed by all the staff in that department.
L.Gatt

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 03 July 2018

Colchester General Hospital replied on 04 July 2018

Thank you for leaving your kind words, I have passed these onto the Stroke Unit who will be thrilled to see your kind words. Many thanks

Anonymous gave Diagnostic Imaging at Colchester General Hospital a rating of 5 stars

03/06/2018

Hi lovely people at Colchester General Hospital!

We visited Turner Road hospital X-Ray Beta suite for an appointment at 19:00 on Friday 1st June 2018 for a CT scan.

Timings, wait period, cleanliness etc. were all fine but we would like to particularly commend the lady nurse who conducted the procedures.

This was 7 PM on a Friday and we would be sure that this young lady would have been tired and would rather have been out and about.
If that was how she felt you would never have known it!

This lady could have been a role model for Florence Nightingale!

Working mostly on her own she disappeared into the X-Ray room for 20 minutes at a time to take her pictures only to reappear beaming a huge smile at her patient and giving them a few cheering, parting words.

Then it was seamlessly onto the next patient.

Every now and again she would take note (Properly on a pad with a biro mind!) of who had not yet booked in and register them.

With frequent apologies for waiting, thanking all for their patience and her always sunny smile, her disposition made us feel that we were in the finest hospital in the land with the very finest staff! Maybe we were!

Sorry we did not get the young lady's name but I would bet this is not the first time she has been noted for services above and beyond.
What a star!

Thank you Colchester hospital for our continuing treatment.

We are very happy to have you looking after us!

Cheers

Pete and Nora

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 03 June 2018

Colchester General Hospital replied on 06 June 2018

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your kind words, I will make sure your commets reach the appropiate team and specific members of staff. Thank you