Luton and Dunstable Hospital

01582 491166 Lewsey Road , Luton, Bedfordshire, LU4 0DZ

Anonymous gave Gastrointestinal and Liver services at Luton and Dunstable Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Happy with the Service.

Excellent Service, I had a pleasant experience, although I was too anxious about the endoscopy, but the Staff reassured me that I had nothing to worry about. Great,

Visited in January 2019. Posted on 09 January 2019

Luton and Dunstable Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Children's & Adolescent Services at Luton and Dunstable Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Outstanding paediatric care

I had to take my 5 month old baby to A and E after she developed breathing difficulties.
I was seen immediately by a nurse and nurse practitioner. Treatment commenced within 5 minutes of me setting foot through the door.
I was quickly moved to the paediatric ward, where, treatment continued swiftly. The ward was clearly busy, but the nursing staff and paediatrician were so attentive and really took the time to listen to my concerns and to check my baby.
She improved so much while we were there, we were able to leave later the same day and I felt confident doing so.
ALL staff members were polite, professional and caring. The place was spotless too.
Feel very lucky to have this hospital close by.

Visited in January 2019. Posted on 05 January 2019

Anonymous gave at Luton and Dunstable Hospital a rating of 1 stars

still in pain after 3years

I had Total Knee Replacement over three years ago.n I am in considerable pain(6 on a scale of 1-10). After numerous tests there is no reason as to why I am in pain.
Looks like I have just got to put up with it.

Visited in January 2019. Posted on 14 January 2019

Luton and Dunstable Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Maternity services at Luton and Dunstable Hospital a rating of 3 stars

Consultant

I am absolutely disgusted with the way my consultant was with me today at my appointment. Not only was she 1 hour and 30 minutes late to see me, but after telling her how much pain I am still in, to the point I’m not sleeping properly, can’t move when trying to relax in bed, can barely walk and it’s making my mental health worse which is why I see her in the first place, she tells me my pregnancy is going ‘so well’ and it would ‘be a shame to interfere’ when asked for an induction which is why I went to see her, to discuss a day! I will never again be seen by this consultant after this pregnancy!

Visited in January 2019. Posted on 15 January 2019

Luton and Dunstable Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Maternity services at Luton and Dunstable Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Kindness of staff in EPC

I would like to thank all the staff working in the EPC on Friday 11th Jan 2019, I made a self referral on the Thursday, where I was going a morning appointment the next day, I was given advise over the phone on what to do if I was to need anything over night.
On arrival to the clinic the staff was very friendly, nothing was to much trouble, I was sent for a scan where the staff was very comforting when given me bad news, we was offered a private area to sit until we was ready to go back to EPC for blood test to be done, we was given information on what to expect and what to do if we was to need anything, further bloods was taken out of hrs on wd34, today I was rang first thing this morning with my results again I was giving the results in a sensitive manner.
I can not thank the hospital staff and clinic enough for being so sensitive, what an amazing service this is.

Visited in January 2019. Posted on 14 January 2019

Luton and Dunstable Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Luton and Dunstable Hospital a rating of 5 stars

oral & Maxillofacial Surgery.

All of the staff were very polite, accommodating and professional. They explained in detail the procedure and recovery recommendations. As l was put under GA, the staff were very reassuring.

Although l have no issues with the appointments or procedure, l must mention the lack of parking. I arrived an hr before my appointment to try and find a parking space. After 45 mins of driving around with no luck, my husband dropped me off, went to a supermarket about a mile or so away and had to call a taxi to the hospital

Visited in January 2019. Posted on 29 January 2019

Luton and Dunstable Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Luton and Dunstable Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Unexpected two week stay

I was admitted with an acute condition and did not realise how ill I was. With border line sepsis, massive temperatures and inflammation I was quickly processed and found myself in the Surgical Assessment Ward under the care of the urology department. I hope to leave today. The medical professionals, Doctors, Nurses, HCA’s, Radiologists and the other staff, porters, cleaners, volunteers and so on are all a credit to the NHS. That we are cared for by such talented, cultural diverse set of people is humanity at its very best. Long may this continue!

Visited in January 2019. Posted on 11 February 2019

Luton and Dunstable Hospital has not yet replied.

Gavin gave Accident and emergency services at Luton and Dunstable Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Paediatric broken arm.

My child broke an arm in a fall just before Xmas. We attended L& D and have delighted with the treatment. We were seen within 5 minutes of arrival and were x-rayed, plastered and on our way home in less than 3 hours. Some of that was waiting for pain meds to start working. Since then we have visited the fracture clinic twice and both times been seen within 5 minutes of our appointment time. The plaster room team were especially welcoming. Great job!

Visited in December 2018. Posted on 11 January 2019

Luton and Dunstable Hospital has not yet replied.

Clare Barfoot gave Accident and emergency services at Luton and Dunstable Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Pleasantly surprised

I dislocated my shoulder and I was treated quickly, well and with dignity I’ve never been to A &E before and thought I would be there for hours but was in and out in 2 hours including 2 sets of x rays and treatment- well done all

Visited in December 2018. Posted on 29 December 2018

Luton and Dunstable Hospital has not yet replied.

Squinn gave Emergency Abdominal Surgery at Luton and Dunstable Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Emergency appendectomy at 25 weeks pregnant

I was rushed into hospital on 22nd December 2018 following severe abdominal pain and sickness. I was put into the delivery suite due to being pregnant, all the midwives that cared for me the first two nights I stayed in where no one knew what was wrong with me and kept telling me I had a stomach bug, were lovely so caring and really made me feel safe and gave me my pain relief on time and saw that I was comfortable and treated with respect. The next day I was met by 4 doctors who assured my it was a stomach bug that the intense pain I was in was gas and I could go home with buscopan. Everything in my being told me this was not the case I had never felt so poorly in my life and for fear of my unborn child being hurt I demanded to stay and have repeat bloods and more observation (as a nurse myself I may have more medical knowledge than a regular patient) next thing after repeat bloods it was very clear something was seriously wrong, my infection markers had gone through the roof and my pain was getting worse. They then had to screen me for sepsis, after telling me my observations were fine ie temperature this was due to the fact I was having IV paracetamol when I did not have that, my temp went up to 38.3 and I was not vommitting due to having anti sickness medication. After a long wait I was given an MRI scan which confirmed I had appendicitis it all went mad from there. I was sent straight to theatre to have my appendix removed. I was sent to ward 20 an experience I shall never forget my treatment here was appalling, left crying in agony in bed for hours. Only one hca showed me an ounce of compassion and kindness. Other patients on the ward were also left crying in agony for hours due to staff being to busy. It is honestly the worst most barbaric situation I have been in. I got out of that ward the next day through sheer determination as I could not spend another minute on that ward. Inhumane to say the least.

Visited in December 2018. Posted on 25 December 2018