Torbay Hospital

01803 614567 Lowes Bridge , Torquay, Devon, TQ2 7AA

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Torbay Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Hysteroscopy/fibroid removal under general anaesthetic

I would like to thank all staff at Torbay for the wonderful care from initial consultation through to the procedure in the Day Surgery Unit. Having had a deeply traumatic C-Section 25 years ago at a in hospital in Scotland, I was very anxious. The staff were sensitive at all times, instructions were clear and I was put at ease.

I left hospital feeling confident that if there were any difficulties, I would be able to contact someone at any time during the following 24 hours. The service is 1st class and I'm truly grateful for the professionalism and friendliness of everyone involved with my procedure.

With thanks and all best wishes

JM

Visited in January 2019. Posted on 11 January 2019

Dear Patient
Thank you for your kind comments with regards to your recent Day Surgery and we hope you are now recovering.
We are really pleased that the care and treatment you received reached the high standards we constantly strive to achieve.

Nicola Kerr gave General Surgery at Torbay Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Phenomenal experience from everyone in Day Surgery ward

I cannot fault the card I have had this week at the Day Surgery Unit at Torbay hospital.
Everyone from the reception staff through the nurses carers aneathatist discharge team could not have treated me more kindly.
I was so impressed, I had a wonderful experience.
The NHS at its very best.

Visited in January 2019. Posted on 06 January 2019

Thank you for your kind comments.
We are really pleased that the care and treatment you received at the Day Surgery Unit reached the high standards we constantly strive to achieve.
Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust

David Ley gave Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Torbay Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Maxillofacial surgery

I would like to put on record my gratitude and praise for the the treatment afforded to me by the surgeon AND his team - David Ley.

Visited in December 2018. Posted on 13 December 2018

Dear Patient
Thank you for your kind comments with regards to your recent surgery.

Maxillofacial surgery

I would like to put on record my gratitude and praise for the the treatment afforded to me by my consultant AND his team - David Ley.

Visited in December 2018. Posted on 13 December 2018

Dear Patient
Thank you for your kind comments with regards to the recent surgery you have received.
Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust

Sandra Brimecombe gave Tissue viability services at Torbay Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Tissue Viability Service Teviee

The Tissue Viability Service at this hospital is fantastic
The team are every thing the should be and I cannot speak of them highly enough

However, they should be given their own treatment room rather than having to use a treatment room in the fracture clinic

Visited in December 2018. Posted on 23 December 2018

Dear Patient
Thank you for your kind comments with regards to the Tissue Viability Service.
Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust

Mark Fine gave Accident and emergency services at Torbay Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Care of my father on EAU 3

My dad was admitted to EAU 3 on Saturday 8th December with what was diagnosed as pneumonia. The care he recieved in what was unfortunately his final illness was exemplary. I would especially like to praise one particular Staff Nurse. She went above and beyond what we could expect. In a very busy ward she found the time to speak to all the members of our large family and to try and put into place care package to enable us to take dad home.
In Derriford hospital we have extended our "learning from excellence" awards so that members of the public can highlight exemplary work such as she has shown, and the system does give good feedback and is very rewarding and I am sure your patients and visitors would welcome the opportunity to pass on their praise.

Visited in December 2018. Posted on 14 December 2018

Torbay Hospital replied on 18 December 2018

Dear Patient
Thank you for your kind comments in relation to your father and sincere condolences for your loss.
We are really pleased that the care and treatment he received reached the high standards we constantly strive to achieve.

If you would like to write to acknowledge personally the nurse you have mentioned, then please do so with e.mailing tsdft.feedback@nhs.net and we can ensure she is notified of your kind words.

Debbie gave Diagnostic Endoscopy at Torbay Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Endoscopy Department Today Dec 14 2018

My husband who is 63 and only ever been to A and E twice for a cut finger when little and infected nail 5 years ago was really nervous and anxious having to have an colonoscopy today at 10.30.

He would like to thank the whole team who saw him today and without there wonderful care and assurance dosent think he would have coped with the procedure.

Even The Receptionist who booked him in was marvellous, we cannot thank everybody enough.

Thank you all so much. You don't always get the recognition you all deserve.

Debbie and David x have a very merry Christmas one and all

Visited in December 2018. Posted on 14 December 2018

Torbay Hospital replied on 18 December 2018

Grateful wife gave Oncology - Clinical at Torbay Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Husband received the best care over Christmas

My husband was admitted on Christmas Eve and discharged on Boxing Day. He felt reassured as everyone took great care to explain who they were and what they were doing. The staff were all very jolly and friendly which made a hospital stay at Christmas easier to cope with. He was most touched by the staff bringing me a Christmas llunch too, so we could share that together - it made his day!
Thanks from us both to everyone on Midgley ward.

Visited in December 2018. Posted on 02 January 2019

Torbay Hospital replied on 09 January 2019

Dear Relative

Thank you for your kind comments.

We are really pleased that the care and treatment your husband received at Christmas reached the high standards we constantly strive to achieve. I am also pleased that you were able to eat Christmas lunch together and I will ensure your feedback is passed on to the staff involved in your husband's care.

David Harding gave Oncology - Clinical at Torbay Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Extremely pleased and impressed

David Harding

I recently attended Torbay Hospital for a series of radiotherapy treatments, also for bone marrow biopsy, Lymphoma biopsy and a variety of other tests and examinations.

Without exception all the hospital staff who dealt with me, doctors, nursing staff, therapists and all showed a commendable degree of tact, patience, sympathy and willingness to explain and answer questions in ways comprehensible to a non-medical person.
In particular the staff at the oncology department managed to make what could have been a very unpleasant experience at least quite tolerable.
The NHS is often criticised in the media. From my own experience I think the service deserves only the highest praise.

Visited in December 2018. Posted on 10 January 2019

Anonymous gave Diagnostic Imaging at Torbay Hospital a rating of 5 stars

MRI Visit

I sadly suffer with claustrophia in particular having a MRI scan and so today when I went to have my scan I was so gratified to find I was being scanned in the new larger scanner - the staff were so friendly and helpful allowing my husband to sit in the room with me
The whole experience was so much better than I had envisaged and I have to thank the staff at the time for making it that way .

Visited in December 2018. Posted on 01 December 2018

Torbay Hospital replied on 03 December 2018

Thank you for your kind comments.
We are really pleased that your experience when attending for your MRI scan reached the high standards we constantly strive to achieve.