Frimley Park Hospital

01276 604604 Portsmouth Road , Camberley, Surrey, GU16 7UJ

Anonymous gave Ear, Nose & Throat at Frimley Park Hospital a rating of 5 stars

wonderful treatment in Day surgery 2

I had a procedure in Day Surgery 2. From start to finish the experience was first class. The nursing staff, Consultant, Registrar and Anaesthetist were informative, kind and even humorous when humour was appropriate. I particularly asked to be referred to Frimley instead of Wexham, as I feel the atmosphere is less frenetic, and it is smaller and less like an airport!
I had been seen once before at A+E and found the treatment I received there exemplary too.
I highly recommend this hospital

Visited in December 2018. Posted on 05 December 2018

Frimley Park Hospital replied on 06 December 2018

Thankyou for your kind feedback,we are glad you had a pleasant experience.

Tom Taylor gave Urology at Frimley Park Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Pre-op Staff

We arrived 7 mins late for a 9am appointment ..the person at pre-op reception desk was quite rude to us ..the fact we arrived late was out of our control we left an hour to travel the 30 min journey bearing in mind we don't live in that area ....her reply was you may not get seen .. so I will remind hospital staff when I am kept waiting for an appointment ....I may not want to wait .
Not a very good first impression of the staff...at your pre-op department Rude ..Rude ..Rude

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 12 November 2018

Frimley Park Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave General Surgery at Frimley Park Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Day surgery 2

Once again we have encountered rude staff at this hospital .my wife was made feel like she was the cause of their work and not the reason for it ..particularly the senior nursing staff when we where there on the 16 of this month.when we asked the nursing staff a question we where ignored ...and please do not use the excuse that the staff where busy .they where NOT
they where more interested in chatting to each other than addressing patients concerns ..it's only when my wife told the staff she was leaving did they bother to take any notice ...Rudeness and lack of compassion seems to be the norm at this place ..to be left for 4 hours without being spoken to and not even offered an explanation as to why there was a delay is in our opinion the height of Rudeness She is due back there in Jan 2019 but is now going to ask to be transferred to another hospital. ...How you ever got a rating of excellent in patient care and compassion certainly beats me ....You really need to address this Rudeness and lack of compassion and this is not an isolated incident ..we also encountered rudeness at your pre- op dept ...please see our previous review

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 19 November 2018

Frimley Park Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Frimley Park Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Visit to childrens A and E

Visited children’s A and E with my one year old. We were incredibly impressed with the quality of service delivered by your excellent and highly professional team in the childrens A and E department. From triage through intervention involving five particular staff members, I have nothing but praise for the care my baby received. The thorough approach adopted by your staff provided reassurance at a time when as parents we really needed it. You are all amazing and do a fabulous job. Thank you.

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 21 November 2018

Frimley Park Hospital replied on 06 December 2018

Thank you very much for your kind words. We appreciate your feedback and are glad to hear about your pleasant experience. Hope your son is now fully recovered, wishing him well.

amazing staff, quickly seen,

we attended the Childrens A&E last night after our son hit his head at school, the staff were amazing and patient, my son is autistic and doesn't cope well under medical circumstances and the staff were great, they let us wait in a quiet cubicle, which gave our son time to adjust to his surroundings, the Nurse Practitioner who treated him was simply fantastic, explained everything to him, consulted with me as to the best way forward.
our son actually seemed happy to be in hospital and was comfortable with the approach by the Nurse. Very impressed with the service received.

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 28 November 2018

Frimley Park Hospital replied on 06 December 2018

Thank you for your kind feed back, hope your son is now recovered and feeling better. We are glad to hear about your pleasant experience under such stressful situation.

Patient Experience

Life is for living. gave Rheumatology at Frimley Park Hospital a rating of 5 stars

rheumatology

I have been under the rheumatologist for some years and after a new doctor took over my old Dr he has improved my life so much that without his kind , caring ,patiince help I would be in extremely excruciating pain, everyone in the department are so kind and always very helpful and can’t do enough to help you I can’t thank this doctor enough and his secretary who has bent over backwards when I have been at home unable to move because my joints have swollen up and I can not climb the stairs or bare wight on my joints and she arranged a emergency appointment for me to come in and have my injections to ease the pain. what would I do without you rheumatology department, thank you for many years of patient care 10 out of 10 and I don’t mind if there is 1 or 2 hours delay I know at the end of my appointment I will be pain free and happy because of my treatment, you all do a brilliant hard job considering the lack of funds in the NHS today but you still give us patients the best care despite the cut backs there are in the NHS today.
Thank you god bless you all.

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 23 November 2018

Frimley Park Hospital replied on 06 December 2018

Thank you very much for your kind feedback. We are glad to know about your pleasant experience. Wish you well and good health.

Wonderful team.

We experienced amazing care , warm , friendly and super efficient service when our daughter was admitted last saturday for mild concussion. Thanks to the ambulance crew , admissions and the Dr and nurses working A&E in the middle of the night. You were amazing.

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 24 November 2018

Frimley Park Hospital replied on 06 December 2018

Thank you for your kind feedback, we are glad you had a pleasant experience at such a stressful time. Hope your daughter is fully recovered and keeping well.

Wendy Fruen gave Vascular surgery at Frimley Park Hospital a rating of 5 stars

5 Star experience

I was recently admitted to Frimley Park Hospital for a keyhole surgery procedure. The experience was truly amazing.

My sincere thanks go to everyone involved, including all the staff on the short stay surgery ward.

I was greeted with a smile at all times of the day and night, especially when making my requests for assistance.

My thanks also go to a lady I never met - the consultant's secretary. She is able to sort out any problems you might have in such a calm and pleasant way. Thanks to all of you the whole experience deserves a 5/5 rating

Mrs Wendy Fruen

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 09 November 2018

Frimley Park Hospital replied on 06 December 2018

Thank you Wendy for your kind feedback ,glad to hear about your pleasant experience. Hope you are recovering well.

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Frimley Park Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care, quality and safety

I recently had a laparoscopy with Gynaecology in the day surgery unit. I was so impressed by the care, quality and safety of the service. Great attention was paid to patient safety throughout my stay. An allergy badge was attached to my arm and leg. I noticed staff double checked information and they took great care with my paperwork. The wards and theatre were clean and organised. The doctors were keen to ensure that I understood the procedure and possible risks and took the time to answer my questions. It was visibly an extremely busy day on the ward, despite this my consultant visited me 3 times during my stay (pre surgery and twice post surgery) and gave me ample time to ask any questions I had. I required referral to another service which my consultant completed on the same day. I really appreciated this efficiency, it gave peace of mind knowing the referral had been completed before I was even discharged. The consultant and her clinical fellow where outstanding.
I was struck by the fact that each nurse and doctor who I spoke with referred to me by my name and every person introduced themselves to me and their role. The anesthesiologist involved in my care was excellent, he had a very caring and friendly manner and he was really reassuring in theatre before I went under. I would not hesitate to recommend both the Day surgery unit and gynaecology services to my friends and family.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 03 October 2018

Frimley Park Hospital replied on 03 October 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your experience - I am so glad to hear that you were so well treated throughout your journey with us.

Kathy Friend
Patient Experience Officer

The best Team in the World (apart from the Avengers!)

My son William was a bit of a regular over the weekend and again on Monday morning- The children's A&E Team were amazing- a credit to the profession. They all genuinely cared about their job and you could see it shine through in the way they treated my son. I could have been seen by anyone and I know the service would have been just as amazing. The doctors and nurses are taught how to treat illness and injury- but the interpersonal skills come from a Team who clearly love being there. I just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone there who helped, and also those who didn't as i imagine they were amazing to the people they helped get better. I asked my son if he would rather go home or stay at the hospital, and he didn't want to go home.
If there were a team of superheroes they would have defeated Thanos in the first half of the latest avengers movie such is there amazingness, so on reflection they may actually be better than the Avengers......
Hopefully I wont have to see you guys again but if i do i know my son will be in safe hands.

James

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 01 October 2018

Frimley Park Hospital replied on 12 October 2018

Hi James,

Thank you very much for your feedback - I will be sure to pass this on the the A&E team. They might wish to consider wearing their superhero capes instead of scrubs!

Kathy Friend