Frimley Park Hospital

01276 604604 Portsmouth Road , Camberley, Surrey, GU16 7UJ

CarliR gave Accident and emergency services at Frimley Park Hospital a rating of 1 stars

Is my baby alive or dead? Come back in a week & we'll tell u

Rushing to A&E with lower abdominal pain and loosing a lot of blood and some clotting. I was seen by triage within 20 minutes who took my blood for testing, an account of what happened,my blood pressure and temperature. They gave me a urine sample tube and left the blood line needle in my arm and asked me to go back out in the waiting area, which had a huge blood smear on the seats and a toilet which had blood smeared into the floor. Disgusting.
5 hours later with pains worsened, blood flow heavier and bigger clots falling out of me I was brought into an A&E cubicle where I had a spectrum inserted to check no blood clots were blocking anything. The overhead light was broken so the doctor used her iphone flash torch to look inside me. This procedure caused significant pain. I was then told as the doctor knew it’s not an ectopic pregnancy, as I told them I had a scan two weeks prior and the baby was in the womb, that they were sending me home satisfied that I’m not in danger. They booked me and appointment in 5 day’s time to find out if my baby is alive or dead. They look the blood line needle out of my arm. I asked if they wanted the urine sample I had been holding for the past 5 hours which she took and said this is just to test your pregnant which we know you are.
Leaving the hospital still in pain still loosing a lot of blood with no explanation of why and worrying whether my baby is with us. Devastated and distressed is an understatement!!!!

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 01 January 2018

Anonymous gave Ophthalmology at Frimley Park Hospital a rating of 1 stars

If you have certain medical conditions, beware!

I had to cancel an operation simply because no one could be bothered to call me back to discuss medical concerns I had which could put me at risk on the operating table. The Booking Dept failed me, said they'd definitely call me to let me know if they got in touch with the docotr. No phone call came. I left messages twice. Still nothing. So I contacted PALS, and even they couldn't get the surgeon nor their secretary to make one simple phone call to me. I had been trying for one week before the scheduled surgery, and it was important because certain numbing agents affect my heart and nervous system. I also can't lie flat on the table due to injured ligaments in my shoulders. Considering you have a 4 month wait just to get an operation, this was absolutely unfair to make me have to reschedule. I'm furious that people can't find 2 minutes over one week to make a call. Too bad this review site won't let you list the name of the doctor.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 09 January 2018

Frimley Park Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Frimley Park Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Dealing with my daughter who has austim

My daughter has austim and is currently having non epileptic seizure and no matter how many times we end up in the A&E department she is always given the best care having austim can be very tricky in this sort of environment everyone from nurses to drs are all very good with her giving her loads of reassurances that everything is OK and taking time to interact with her at her level loads of sort support given when going though test EG putting in canal and blood test which can normally be very scary for someone who has a learning disability great team

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 15 January 2018

Frimley Park Hospital has not yet replied.

DH gave Gastrointestinal and Liver services at Frimley Park Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care before, during and after a liver biopsy

I was in outpatients department 1 yesterday for a liver biopsy, and was quite nervous. Right from the start, everyone I came across worked to lower my nerves, from the consultant's initial talk through, through preparation, the procedure itself and aftercare in the recovery area. Even porters were friendly an interested in chatting about mutual interests whilst maneuvering you through the maze of the hospital.

A particular plus point was the nursing staff in the recovery area, who all had a good sense of humour and knew just how to combine it with a professional attitude. A particular mention to go to one member of staff who was amazing — he really made it feel like your case was the most important thing in the world.

In the nicest possible way, I hope not to have to see anyone there again soon, but if I do, I know I will be in good hands. I'd be happy to recommend FPH to anyone.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 18 January 2018

Frimley Park Hospital has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Accident and emergency services at Frimley Park Hospital a rating of 4 stars

Visit to A&E

I, unfortunately, had to visit the Accident and Emergency dept this week.
I arrived about 8.00 pm. Lovely reception staff.
Called to Triage and was seen by an extremely pleasant nurse who listened sympathetically.
A&E doctor was also attentive and reassuring - covering all tests etc.
I was allowed home by 10.30 having received fantastic care and understanding.

I appreciate I may have been extremely lucky - that it may have been a quieter than normal evening and so my wait was at a minimum but I would like to thank all the staff for their care and individual treatment that I was provided with on this occasion.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 19 January 2018

James Lee gave Urology at Frimley Park Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Simply Excellent

I visited Frimley for day surgery and was impressed and delighted with the care I received.
The nurses were friendly and caring, the ward was spotless and the anaesthetist and surgeon were fabulous.
My wife was well looked after by the staff at reception we could not have asked for more. Thanks to all the team at day unit 2.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 02 December 2017

Frimley Park Hospital replied on 08 December 2017

Thank you for your feedback, we are pleased that you had a good experience. We will share your feedback with the team.

Anonymous gave Maternity services at Frimley Park Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Great hospital

I've had both of my children at the hospital and also had three other procedures done here. Every time I found staff to be very helpful, calming and professional. The hospital is clean and maintained well.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 04 December 2017

Frimley Park Hospital replied on 08 December 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are please to hear that you had a positive experience and we have shared your feedback with the team.

jean bell gave Ophthalmology at Frimley Park Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Eye Treatment Centre

From my initial appointment through my YAG laser treatment and follow up appointment the staff at this centre were efficient, friendly and professional... There was a slight hiccough over a follow up appointment but, following a phone call to the appointment department I was given the direct line to the Consultant's Secretary, and I received a call to set up an appointment the following day...wonderful service. My only reservation is that, had I not phoned because I had not received a letter with a date for the follow up, I would still be waiting in ignorance of the fact that my need for a follow up had gone missing.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 08 December 2017

Frimley Park Hospital replied on 11 December 2017

Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. I'm really pleased to read you received efficient, friendly care. I am sorry that you had to chase your follow up appointment. We will share your comments with the team, so I can go back to the team looking after you and we can learn and improve for the future.

Anonymous gave Gynaecology at Frimley Park Hospital a rating of 2 stars

Fertility treatment and pharmacy visit

I went in to FPH for fertility treatment appointment. My appointment was originally in November but got cancelled by the hospital and pushed back. My appointment was at 10am but I didn’t get seen until nearly 11. I don’t know how the appointment got so behind so early in the day but I know these things happen. However, I wish there was more separate areas for fertility treatment and ante Natel waiting rooms. I can see there has been some changes since I last attended (screens separating the areas) but there isn’t clear enough signage and everyone just muddles in to the same spaces. I may have been overly sensitive on this appointment as I had recently miscarried a baby we had been trying for for two years and my heart was screaming that I should be here for a scan not for fertility treatment but there must be so many other people in a similar situation to me feeling just as heartbroken surrounded by happy expecting families. It took all my strength not to cry there in the waiting room.
To summarise, I can see there has been improvements made and I do appreciate it but I wish more could be done to save some of this heartbreak.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 09 December 2017

Rhian Bagley gave Orthopaedics at Frimley Park Hospital a rating of 5 stars

Surgery and day surgery 1

I had surgery on my wrist today and all staff I dealt with were brilliant.
Helped me calm down before hand, explained everything through out and I felt well looked after during the whole process.
They are all a credit to the nhs

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 14 December 2017