Liberty Bridge Road Practice

02084967000 40 Liberty Road, East Village, Stratford , London, Greater London, E20 1AS

Monty Python's Surgery

This place is a joke. I see a different GP every time I go there and it takes them half of my 10 minutes to read everything about me. One GP is scheduling a blood test and the other one is surprised why was it scheduled. One is telling me they have to see me and yet there is someone else when I arrive and again: surprised why am I there, treating me like I'm an annoying fly. Waste of time and nerves.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 13 June 2018

Liberty Bridge Road Practice has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Liberty Bridge Road Practice a rating of 2 stars

Liberty Bridge Road Practice

I don’t understand why i have to call 10 times to the GP to make an appointment.. They never pick up the phone. Doesn’t matter if it’s working day or weekend. Appointment you will get after 2 weeks if you are lucky, if no, you will wait more. Every time different doctor... And receptionists like to give wrong information, thats way you need to call more times just to make sure. Even if u “got” appointment, You can not be sure that its booked for you, because receptionist may forget to book one for you.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 20 May 2018

Liberty Bridge Road Practice has not yet replied.

Constantly Poor Service

Having been registered at this Practice since April 2014 I have received constantly poor service. I have complex health problems but have never ever seen the same GP when attending for appointments (hence, no consistency of treatment or understanding).

Mostly managed by GP Locums.

I doubt if I am even registered as a Veteran!

Despite several requests to change my records to the correct name they have failed to do this .

There is minimal compassion or understanding of ones symptoms and concerns.

In general the service is extremely poor and how they managed to get a good from CQC is beyond me!

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 10 April 2018

Liberty Bridge Road Practice replied on 02 May 2018

I am very sorry for your dissatisfaction with the service we provide and am happy to meet up or telephone to discuss in depth. Although we always advocate patients using this forum to express their views it is anonymous so doesn't afford us the opportunity to investigate or challenge any of the comments made. If you always see different doctors that is from choice or because you request urgent or next available appointments. We have five salaried and three sessional doctos working here long-term and if you wish to always see one in particular it is your prerogative to ask for their next available slot. As for your name change, if it is supported by any formal documentation there is no problem and I will resolve this once I know your identity. NHS medical records are not owned by us but by the Secretary of State so there are some constraints on what and how we can effect alterations but I am sure we can sort it out. Likewise I will check if your records are READ coded for your veterans status. We did have a very positive outcome to our CQC inspection and I am glad to say that opinion is reflected in the feedback we get from many other patients on this and the other patient views forums. However, I accept this is not your view and wish to remedy that as soon as possible.

M 07872992501

Anonymous gave Liberty Bridge Road Practice a rating of 1 stars

Inconsistent information and impossible to speak to on phone

I ordered a repeat prescription to the surgery, but was unable to collect it immediately. I rang up the surgery to check if it was still there and was told that prescriptions are valid and therefore kept by the surgery for 6 months. I went the next day to collect my prescription, but when I arrived I was told that my prescription had been shredded. I was unable to order another repeat prescription online, I imagine as online it still says my prescription is able to be collected at the surgery. When I said this to the receptionist she unhelpfully said that I would need to make another appointment to get a prescription, but that obviously there were no appointments available that week or for what seemed like the foreseeable future. The receptionist was entirely unhelpful and could offer me no practical solution or even an explanation for what had happened. If prescriptions are routinely shredded I’m confused why the initial person I spoke to on the phone told me they were kept for 6 months. Had I known that my prescription wasn’t there I wouldn’t have bothered to come in.
Another gripe: I have tried to ring the surgery multiple times but no one ever answers the phone. A few weeks ago I tried for so long that the call timed out 3 times.

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 10 April 2018

Liberty Bridge Road Practice replied on 02 May 2018

Please accept my apologies for the actions/attitude of this staff member as what was relayed to you is incorrect on a number of levels. All staff know that although prescriptions have a shelf life of six months that does not relate to the time frame they are retained by the provider. The CQC guidelines are clear on this point and they expect us to review all prescriptions a month or more past their issue date, action anything that needs to be addressed then destroy. If there were no concerns about the delay ie. it wasnt a medication that needed titrating, then she could have put it on workflow for the duty doctor to reissue. On behalf of the team I am very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you and we have reminded all staff of this process. If you experience such issues in the future please call my number below and I will endeavour to resolve it for you

The Hurley Group
M 07872992501

Special Measures

Honestly this place is the pits, if it were a hospital it would be under special measures. It seems that none of the practice GPs are full time, I think they barely make a working week between them. Good luck seeing get

The locums in my experience have been terrible, googling symptoms in front of you, lack of engagement etc. When it opened it was a great place, but since the area has grown, it hasn't grown to accommodate the swelling population. Phones aren't answered by the desk staff, who are constantly in battle mode, only trying to diffuse confrontational situations that arise as a result of them being unable to deal with the number of people.

It needs an overhaul, and quickly, there are two giant tower blocks that are nearly finished nearby, and three more planned to start building soon - Liberty Bridge Road seems to be in denial about where it is, and who its for.

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 24 April 2018

Liberty Bridge Road Practice replied on 02 May 2018

Firstly may I extend our thanks for you posting your comments as we use all feedback as learning tools, but could they also come to us direct so we can address individual matters. Obviously it is of concern you have such a low opinion of our services and I apologise if this reflects your experiences. As for our GP establishment, there are five salaried doctors including the lead GP and Hurley Partner. The range of their hours does vary but the amount inclusive of hours provided by sessional GPs exceeds our obligation on availability of appointments. Those doctors you describe as locums, have been with us a long time and the only "new faces" are when we have an unplanned absence due to illness or unforeseen circumstances. The staff will always offer the next available appointment and patients requiring to see a particular doctor need to make that requirement known when booking. Our phones are answered 12 hrs a day by staff specifically allocated and the desk staff will only answer as backup. The telephone number relates to the whole building, which is now fully tenanted, so there is high traffic and we are liaising with the building management to reconfigure the system to speed up access to the service of choice. We have a well documented process for increasing staff numbers, clinical and non-clinical as the list size grows which is shared with the Commissioners. If you wish you can speak direct to a senior manager and relate your own issues in confidence.

Contact 07872992501

Karen gave Liberty Bridge Road Practice a rating of 5 stars

Caring Doctor and caring lady

My daughter recently went to the surgery. She has depression. The Dr she saw was really nice and took his time with her. Please thank him for me

When she came out of his room she was a bit emotional and a bit weepy. One of the staff a lady came to her and asked her if she was okay. My daughter explained that she would be okay in a while. The lady asked her if she want to sit somewhere quiet for a while and maybe have some water. My daughter said no she just wanted to come home.
The lady walked with her to the reception as she wanted to get a appointment and it was really busy. This member of staff asked my daughter to go with her and they went into another room where she made my daughters appointment and then took her to another door so she did not have to go through the busy area.
when my daughter comes home from any appointment she is weepy and emotional. This time she was just going on about how lovely the lady was. So please thank her from both of us she made a big big difference to my daughter that day. My daughter could not remember her name, she did tell her but she forgot.
I have read the bad reviews on this website and my daughter has not always had a great time but so I wanted to make sure that the good care my daughter had at Liberty Road was here as well.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 05 May 2018

Liberty Bridge Road Practice replied on 06 May 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post this comment. Your appreciation has been passed on to the Administrator and Doctor who had contact with your daughter that day, and we have used it as a reminder to all our staff how kindness can play as big a role in patient care as does diagnosis and treatment. We do place great emphasis on customer care training, but it still depends on the individual to apply it, and your daughters experience serves as perfect example of its effectiveness.

The Hurley Group

Anonymous gave Liberty Bridge Road Practice a rating of 5 stars

I can say this practice is the best GP for me. Since I registered, I have been treated the great care with warm heart. I always receive text alerts for every appointment which I had never experienced before.whenever I need to see doctor for consultation, I am welcomed and booked without any problem.My health has been improved and checked everything which I concerned. Staffs are very helpful and nice. Building is clean and tidy every time I visited.
My GP is the most amazing person who listens and advices wisely all the time which make me feel comfortable and confident about myself.
Without his help, I would never be peaceful and happy about myself.
I wish all GPs in UK can help every citizen like liberty bridge road practice in future and we all can rely and live healthy and happy rest of our lives.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 08 March 2018

Liberty Bridge Road Practice replied on 16 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post your satisfaction with the service provided at Liberty Bridge. We always aim for excellence but, like most, can get it wrong sometimes, so its good to be able to pass on to the staff your kind thoughts.

Miss E Gordon gave Liberty Bridge Road Practice a rating of 5 stars

Excellent patience service

I would like to thank the reception team especially one member of staff who helped to make sure we are getting the right service we require.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 12 March 2018

Liberty Bridge Road Practice replied on 16 March 2018

Thank you for expressing your appreciation. The details will be shared with the whole team so that the individual you single out will be included.

Anonymous gave Liberty Bridge Road Practice a rating of 4 stars

Great service

Very good experience using the online consultation service
My request/ query was processed very efficiently and as hoped and I had several phone calls from reception to advise me my script was ready.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 15 March 2018

Liberty Bridge Road Practice replied on 16 March 2018

Many thanks for taking the time to post your experiences. We were pioneers of the e-consult as so many of our locations are in areas with high levels of working patients such as East Village and Canary Wharf. It is proving very popular and we are always looking to refine it further for which we welcome user feedback.

Anonymous gave Liberty Bridge Road Practice a rating of 5 stars

A lovely surgery

This is the best GP surgery I've ever been too. Always easy to get an appointment, dedicated staff and a peaceful environment.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 12 March 2018

Liberty Bridge Road Practice replied on 16 March 2018

Your posting is most welcome. I hope we continue to provide you with the level of service you deserve but also welcome any negative feedback as it informs our learning.