Liberty Bridge Road Practice

02084967000 40 Liberty Road, East Village, Stratford , London, Greater London, E20 1AS

Anonymous gave Liberty Bridge Road Practice a rating of 3 stars

RUDE RECEPTIONISTS AT THE MAIN ENTRANCE.

I recently visited the practice for my routine check-up. I checked in as usual using self service machine however I wanted to ask for something very simple and one of your receptionist was very rude at me. When I arrived the place was quiet and relaxed. She appeared to be annoyed that I approached her and she was not professional at all. The response was very negative and not helpful. She gave me directions rudely and aggressive. I was going to let go and keep quiet about it, but I thought this should not be happening. The practice general keeps changing receptionists, and when you call they appear unhelpful or impatient, sometimes hung-up before you finish speaking. I think they damaging the reputation of the practice.

When you ring, the receptionists seems not sure what to do and they keep you holding or going round the circles. I think things need to change or hire people who have caring skills and knowledge. Another thing is the receptionists are always laughing and appear not bothered about patients around. This is very unprofessional. Overall, the professionals were very good and listen to you. I have no concerns or issues with other professionals.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 07 July 2018

Liberty Bridge Road Practice replied on 08 July 2018

I am very sorry your recent dealings with our reception team proved so unsatisfactory. We provide rigorous customer care training for all our front line staff and undertake secret shopper exercises to identify where they are not adhering to our code of conduct. That you have been subject to anyone rude or unhelpful is not acceptable and will be dealt with appropriately. However, without your help we cannot identify the people concerned, We know from feedback on this and other forums that many visitors to the building are very pleased with the reception team and we insist they wear name badges at all times so as to not criticise the many for the actions of the few. If you would be comfortable calling me on the number below, maybe we can establish who was involved.

Rina gave Liberty Bridge Road Practice a rating of 1 stars

worse service then ever

Very bad experience.after long waiting got appointment today. Dr she was so rude with me .i ask her about my repeat prescription and after I try to say one more problem she was saying how many problem I have got she can’t hear all of those problem together Cos she is running late .my question is if I can’t discuss my all problem that I have got do I need to book appointment for every single thing????And she’s running late not for me .At least 30 min for one patient they have to discuss all the thing and should ask the patient if they wanna ask them anything

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 14 July 2018

Liberty Bridge Road Practice replied on 30 July 2018

Thank you for posting this comment and I apologise if your experience fell below expectation, but without personal detail we cannot investigate your statements and act on them accordingly. If you contact the person detailed below we can establish which doctor you are referring to and establish the facts.

In general terms the slot allocation for an NHS GP appointment is ten minutes which is usually sufficient for one routine issue or two minor ones. Where a patient has complex needs the doctor will address them regardless of time scale but what we cannot facilitate is patients presenting with multiple issues to be covered at one appointment. This would be very unfair on patients waiting for allocated time slots.

Unlucky Patient gave Liberty Bridge Road Practice a rating of 1 stars

2 out of 2 bad experiences

Luckily I had to deal with this GP practice just rarely.
First time, a few months ago. The doctor refused to give me antibiotics because she didn't understand I had a violent infection ongoing. I had to go private and pay £300 just to have the antibiotics I obviously needed. Apparently the doctors are advised not to prescribe antibiotics, but in that case they were absolutely necessary and the doctors didn't even realize the situation.

Second time, this morning. I waited for more than half an hour, then I decided to ask for info. The receptionist just told me the doctor simply didn't show up this morning. HOW LONG DID I NEED TO WAIT BEFORE TELLING ME THAT THE DOCTOR WAS NOT THERE??? Appointment rescheduled (let's say, substituted with a phone call...) and morning lost.

I think you need decent doctors which (1) show up at work in the morning and (2) are able to recognize infection symptoms

Let's hope the third time won't be that serious because I'm a little concerned...

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 18 July 2018

Liberty Bridge Road Practice has not yet replied.

Anonymous gave Liberty Bridge Road Practice a rating of 1 stars

Impossible to get an appointment

impossible to get an appointment I’ve been try for a week because I’m worried about a breast abnormality. I got told there was an appointment in a week but that it had already gone. Then got told to call anytime for 8am at the weekend and ask for a doctors call back. I called at 10.30 and got told this was too late despite not being told this before. Told to call back another time and no appointments available. Terrible service what do I have to do to see someone? Receptionist just basically saying nothing they can do.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 11 August 2018

Liberty Bridge Road Practice has not yet replied.

Monty Python's Surgery

This place is a joke. I see a different GP every time I go there and it takes them half of my 10 minutes to read everything about me. One GP is scheduling a blood test and the other one is surprised why was it scheduled. One is telling me they have to see me and yet there is someone else when I arrive and again: surprised why am I there, treating me like I'm an annoying fly. Waste of time and nerves.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 13 June 2018

Liberty Bridge Road Practice replied on 08 July 2018

We welcome all feedback whether positive or negative as it informs our actions so I am sorry to read you feel we have fallen so far short of your expectations, you see fit to describe us as a joke. If you see a different GP each time that is your choosing for not specifying who you would like to see at your next appointment. We have five regular doctors and our sessional doctors have, for the most part, been with us for a number of years. In a facility that provides 75hrs opening hours over a 7 day period, the same GP may not be available at a specific time. Our receptionists will always offer the next available appointment but patients can elect see the same doctor as before by naming or asking the desk to book with the doctor from the last consultation. This provides patients with a choice of whether continuity or timing is most important to them. Different opinions can occur as to the scheduling of tests but without your detail we cannot investigate any of the statements made and provide you with a rationale. If you would like to take up that option then please call the mobile number below and I will be happy to look into your concerns.

Anonymous gave Liberty Bridge Road Practice a rating of 2 stars

Liberty Bridge Road Practice

I don’t understand why i have to call 10 times to the GP to make an appointment.. They never pick up the phone. Doesn’t matter if it’s working day or weekend. Appointment you will get after 2 weeks if you are lucky, if no, you will wait more. Every time different doctor... And receptionists like to give wrong information, thats way you need to call more times just to make sure. Even if u “got” appointment, You can not be sure that its booked for you, because receptionist may forget to book one for you.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 20 May 2018

Liberty Bridge Road Practice replied on 11 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post details of your experiences and please accept our apologies that they have, of late, been quite negative. It may feel different at the other end of the phone but I can assure you our staff are answering calls 12hrs a day Mon-Fri and 6hrs a day on weekends. There is a huge volume of callers to the building as the number relates to all the other tenants providing NHS services not just the GP practice. Now it is fully occupied we are working with the landlords to customise the phone access to improve wait times and will keep our patients posted through our own web site, Our appointment wait times are audited regularly and last week showed routine appointments available in under five days. I appreciate timing is an issue for many of our working patients but we open as early as 7am through to 8pm and Sat/Sum so feel we have made every effort to meet that need.
If you always see a different doctor then that is of your choosing. We have five regular doctors and even our locums have been with us a long time. Staff are required to offer the next available appointment, it is for the patient to indicate if they want to see a particular doctor, either by name or reference to a previous consultation. Our extensive opening hours mean the same GP will not, necessarily, be available in the time frame requested.
Our frontline staff all receive regular customer care training but we follow that up with secret shopper reviews and always act when their performance falls short of our expectations. We insist they wear the name badges prominently and give their forename to any caller requesting it. Its unfair to catergorise all staff as failing, so we like to focus retraining and support where its needed. If you have an issue of this type please make the local manager aware, or if that is uncomfortable you can call me direct.

M07872992501

Anonymous gave Liberty Bridge Road Practice a rating of 5 stars

The best GP Practice in Newham

All round good GP service.

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 13 July 2018

Liberty Bridge Road Practice replied on 30 July 2018

Thank you for your kind comments. We hope this will always be your experience but if not will also welcome your views if we do not meet your expectations.

Constantly Poor Service

Having been registered at this Practice since April 2014 I have received constantly poor service. I have complex health problems but have never ever seen the same GP when attending for appointments (hence, no consistency of treatment or understanding).

Mostly managed by GP Locums.

I doubt if I am even registered as a Veteran!

Despite several requests to change my records to the correct name they have failed to do this .

There is minimal compassion or understanding of ones symptoms and concerns.

In general the service is extremely poor and how they managed to get a good from CQC is beyond me!

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 10 April 2018

Liberty Bridge Road Practice replied on 02 May 2018

I am very sorry for your dissatisfaction with the service we provide and am happy to meet up or telephone to discuss in depth. Although we always advocate patients using this forum to express their views it is anonymous so doesn't afford us the opportunity to investigate or challenge any of the comments made. If you always see different doctors that is from choice or because you request urgent or next available appointments. We have five salaried and three sessional doctos working here long-term and if you wish to always see one in particular it is your prerogative to ask for their next available slot. As for your name change, if it is supported by any formal documentation there is no problem and I will resolve this once I know your identity. NHS medical records are not owned by us but by the Secretary of State so there are some constraints on what and how we can effect alterations but I am sure we can sort it out. Likewise I will check if your records are READ coded for your veterans status. We did have a very positive outcome to our CQC inspection and I am glad to say that opinion is reflected in the feedback we get from many other patients on this and the other patient views forums. However, I accept this is not your view and wish to remedy that as soon as possible.

The Senior Business & CQC Manager

Anonymous gave Liberty Bridge Road Practice a rating of 1 stars

Inconsistent information and impossible to speak to on phone

I ordered a repeat prescription to the surgery, but was unable to collect it immediately. I rang up the surgery to check if it was still there and was told that prescriptions are valid and therefore kept by the surgery for 6 months. I went the next day to collect my prescription, but when I arrived I was told that my prescription had been shredded. I was unable to order another repeat prescription online, I imagine as online it still says my prescription is able to be collected at the surgery. When I said this to the receptionist she unhelpfully said that I would need to make another appointment to get a prescription, but that obviously there were no appointments available that week or for what seemed like the foreseeable future. The receptionist was entirely unhelpful and could offer me no practical solution or even an explanation for what had happened. If prescriptions are routinely shredded I’m confused why the initial person I spoke to on the phone told me they were kept for 6 months. Had I known that my prescription wasn’t there I wouldn’t have bothered to come in.
Another gripe: I have tried to ring the surgery multiple times but no one ever answers the phone. A few weeks ago I tried for so long that the call timed out 3 times.

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 10 April 2018

Liberty Bridge Road Practice replied on 02 May 2018

Please accept my apologies for the actions/attitude of this staff member as what was relayed to you is incorrect on a number of levels. All staff know that although prescriptions have a shelf life of six months that does not relate to the time frame they are retained by the provider. The CQC guidelines are clear on this point and they expect us to review all prescriptions a month or more past their issue date, action anything that needs to be addressed then destroy. If there were no concerns about the delay ie. it wasnt a medication that needed titrating, then she could have put it on workflow for the duty doctor to reissue. On behalf of the team I am very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you and we have reminded all staff of this process. If you experience such issues in the future please call my number below and I will endeavour to resolve it for you

The Senior Business & CQC Manager
The Hurley Group

Special Measures

Honestly this place is the pits, if it were a hospital it would be under special measures. It seems that none of the practice GPs are full time, I think they barely make a working week between them. Good luck seeing get

The locums in my experience have been terrible, googling symptoms in front of you, lack of engagement etc. When it opened it was a great place, but since the area has grown, it hasn't grown to accommodate the swelling population. Phones aren't answered by the desk staff, who are constantly in battle mode, only trying to diffuse confrontational situations that arise as a result of them being unable to deal with the number of people.

It needs an overhaul, and quickly, there are two giant tower blocks that are nearly finished nearby, and three more planned to start building soon - Liberty Bridge Road seems to be in denial about where it is, and who its for.

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 24 April 2018

Liberty Bridge Road Practice replied on 02 May 2018

Firstly may I extend our thanks for you posting your comments as we use all feedback as learning tools, but could they also come to us direct so we can address individual matters. Obviously it is of concern you have such a low opinion of our services and I apologise if this reflects your experiences. As for our GP establishment, there are five salaried doctors including the lead GP and Hurley Partner. The range of their hours does vary but the amount inclusive of hours provided by sessional GPs exceeds our obligation on availability of appointments. Those doctors you describe as locums, have been with us a long time and the only "new faces" are when we have an unplanned absence due to illness or unforeseen circumstances. The staff will always offer the next available appointment and patients requiring to see a particular doctor need to make that requirement known when booking. Our phones are answered 12 hrs a day by staff specifically allocated and the desk staff will only answer as backup. The telephone number relates to the whole building, which is now fully tenanted, so there is high traffic and we are liaising with the building management to reconfigure the system to speed up access to the service of choice. We have a well documented process for increasing staff numbers, clinical and non-clinical as the list size grows which is shared with the Commissioners. If you wish you can speak direct to a senior manager and relate your own issues in confidence.

Contact 07872992501