Liberty Bridge Road Practice

02084967000 40 Liberty Road, East Village, Stratford , London, Greater London, E20 1AS

K Brown gave Liberty Bridge Road Practice a rating of 5 stars

The Extra Mile

Recently a lady who I think is the Admin Manager,( sorry if I am wrong!), she helped me with a very personal matter in finding my notes from birth. When I only got half, she went out of her way to find the rest for me & after a difficult few months, her kindness did not go unnoticed so I wanted to say thank you. I literally cried with relief getting them, its been 46 years coming so I dont think she even knows how much it meant to me.

Liberty Rd is an excellent practice, there should be a lot more GP's around like this. Having a pharmacy inhouse is also a genius idea which makes it easier for patients. I feel lucky this is my local surgery.

Visited in December 2018. Posted on 05 December 2018

Paolo Cosentino gave Liberty Bridge Road Practice a rating of 1 stars

Be lucky to find re right doctor, otherwise: USELESS

This is my first GP in London and I'm with them from years now...
Generally I don't have problems because I'm in good healthy conditions and for small things they always solved my problems.

Is now 3 months that I'm suffering of stomach cramps and a lot of other symptoms... To cut it short, I've got scared because even following their diet I'm getting worst till few days ago I passed out 2 times in a morning with strong pain in my stomach.

So, I came back asking for help and the doctor told me that I need to understand alone my problem, eating a lot of king of food and avoiding the one are bad for me and with in 6 month I'll be good.

Is this even an answer to receive from a doctor when you say that you are getting worst following their advises!!??

I will go to a private doctor and I'm sure I'll understand my problem, so, solve it.
But this means that at the end they are USELESS.

Visited in December 2018. Posted on 07 December 2018

Anonymous gave Liberty Bridge Road Practice a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Practice

Great practice with excellent doctors and highly available appoitments that can easily be booked online and via the mobile app. The surgery is clean and modern and staff are excellent! highly recommend and I beleive this should be an example to the rest of the GP practices in the country.

Visited in December 2018. Posted on 30 December 2018

Anonymous gave Liberty Bridge Road Practice a rating of 5 stars

Emailing Prescription to Pharmacy Not a Good Idea

The new option of emailing prescription to pharmacy after seeing a GP turned out to be a bad experience for me the first time i used it a few days ago. This is because i walked over to the Pharmacy after my GP appointment to pick up the drugs. Got there, identified myself with staff who found the prescription on their system, but after a slightly long wait was told their system was faulty and they couldn't process the prescription to give me the drugs. I asked for a copy of the prescription and was told since it was emailed to them, they couldn't give me a copy and my options were to either go back to the GP to get a copy, or to check back with them to see if their system was back up. I couldn't go back to my GP as my appointment was over and other patients were being seen, so i was stuck with having to come back another day to get the drugs from the pharmacy. This was a huge inconvenience to me time wise and cost wise. If i had the usual printed prescription from the GP, i would have gone to a different pharmacy. Imagine if i urgently needed the drugs? It would have been such an unnecessary carry. This option of emailing prescription to the pharmacy shouldn't be offered except the Practice reception staff are given the facility to be able to print such prescriptions for patients when requested. Also, there are some drugs which are cheaper to buy without prescription and patients will not be able to buy such as the pharmacy which has been emailed the prescription could insist on processing such prescription instead of offering the option to buy the drugs cheaper without prescription.

Visited in November 2018. Posted on 02 December 2018

Anonymous gave Liberty Bridge Road Practice a rating of 1 stars

Another wasted journey

This was my fourth visit to the clinic in a week because of the poor, uncoordinated way they organise patient treatment. I had been told by last week’s locum that if I wanted a mammogram (as I’m almost 52 and have a history in the family) I would need a referral which she didn’t have time to do. So I came back this morning, 0740, had to wait 20 minutes, saw another locum who didn’t know why I was there. When I explained I was told I needed to see him for a referral he said ‘no, just go online to the breast screening site’. I’ve been told three different things now by various people in the clinic, I’m still not scheduled for a mammogram, I’ve wasted an hour of my time and ten minutes of the locum’s. It’s a poorly run clinic with poorly informed gps, and no joined up service provision. The nurses and receptionists are generally lovely and do their best but their managers do not. It was great when it first opened but there has been a marked decline since the Hurley Group took over.

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 04 September 2018

Liberty Bridge Road Practice replied on 14 September 2018

I sincerely apologise for this poor experience which is not usual as we provide all doctors with details of local protocols and procedures for accessing external services. The first doctor should have explained that in Newham the breast screening service offers mammogram appointments to all ladies between the ages pf 50-70 on a three yearly cycle. If you havent received one yet then we must assume they will be in contact before your next birthday, but to make sure you are on their list would you call me on the number below so I can verify this for sure. Mid three year cycle, they will see patients where there are concerns and if this applies to you we can get an appointment arranged earlier.
May I take this opportunity to correct one aspect of your comment. The Hurley are the only provider ever to have been on this site as we started the Practice from scratch in 2013. I am sorry you feel there has been a decline in quality as we strive to provide a high level of care in a safe and welcoming environment. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your concerns, if you would be willing, or have you thought about joining the PPG and directly impacting our actions.

Senior Business & CQC Registered Manager
The Hurley Group
M07872992501

Anonymous gave Liberty Bridge Road Practice a rating of 1 stars

Doctor fails to turn up

Booked an appointment with a GP; upon arriving and waiting 30 minutes I chased the reception team and was informed that the doctor did not turn up for work.

When asked what was going to be done about the appointment I was told all other doctors are booked for the day.

How is a doctors practice unaware of one of their staff not turning up for work.

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 07 September 2018

Liberty Bridge Road Practice replied on 14 September 2018

Please accept our apologies for the issue that occurred when you attended recently. There are occasions when we get very short notice of a doctors non-arrival due to illness or family circumstances and we make every effort to accommodate affected patients when possible. However, we train our staff to keep patients fully informed of events which would seem not to have been your experience for which I further apologise. Unfortunately, as we have had a few no-shows in the past month I cannot identify which day you refer to and the staff involved without your assistance. Would you be so kind as to call or text the detail to the number below so we can investigate further.

Senior Business & CQC Manager for The Hurley Group
M07872992501

Anonymous gave Liberty Bridge Road Practice a rating of 2 stars

Arrived for appointment but then told it wasn’t happening

Had to have cervical smear but then after seeing the doctor also had to get some blood taken and see another doctor for a referral. None of these things could be combined so I have to come in for four separate appointments in a week. Arrived this morning for the cervical smear only to be told that the nurse is no longer allowed to do them. So I have to come back a fifth time in a week to have this done.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 01 September 2018

Liberty Bridge Road Practice replied on 14 September 2018

I am extremely sorry for your experiences as they go against the grain of what we are trying to achieve. We have been exponents of the principles of LEAN for many years as it improves the patients pathway by reducing the number of different actions. We support non-clinical staff to train as phlebotomists so there are as many as possible available to take bloods opportunistically without second appointments, and encourage all doctors to apply as much of a "one-stop" ethos as is clinically safe and appropriate. Without being able to access your particular records I cannot investigate your assertions about the time frame as I know of no reason why the doctor who requested bloods couldnt do the referral, unless the content was dependent on the outcome of the tests. If you contact me I will look into this further, this also applies to the comment " nurse no longer allowed to do them" as I have no knowledge of any nurse working at the Practice who has lost their cytology accreditation.

Senior Business & CQC Manager
The Hurley Group
M 07872992501

Susan gave Liberty Bridge Road Practice a rating of 5 stars

Staff always polite

Staff at reception always helpful and polite. They go out of their way to help.

My Doctor has been very helpful especially after my stay in hospital.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 14 August 2018

Rina gave Liberty Bridge Road Practice a rating of 1 stars

worse service then ever

Very bad experience.after long waiting got appointment today. Dr she was so rude with me .i ask her about my repeat prescription and after I try to say one more problem she was saying how many problem I have got she can’t hear all of those problem together Cos she is running late .my question is if I can’t discuss my all problem that I have got do I need to book appointment for every single thing????And she’s running late not for me .At least 30 min for one patient they have to discuss all the thing and should ask the patient if they wanna ask them anything

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 14 July 2018

Liberty Bridge Road Practice replied on 30 July 2018

Thank you for posting this comment and I apologise if your experience fell below expectation, but without personal detail we cannot investigate your statements and act on them accordingly. If you contact the person detailed below we can establish which doctor you are referring to and establish the facts.

In general terms the slot allocation for an NHS GP appointment is ten minutes which is usually sufficient for one routine issue or two minor ones. Where a patient has complex needs the doctor will address them regardless of time scale but what we cannot facilitate is patients presenting with multiple issues to be covered at one appointment. This would be very unfair on patients waiting for allocated time slots.

Unlucky Patient gave Liberty Bridge Road Practice a rating of 1 stars

2 out of 2 bad experiences

Luckily I had to deal with this GP practice just rarely.
First time, a few months ago. The doctor refused to give me antibiotics because she didn't understand I had a violent infection ongoing. I had to go private and pay £300 just to have the antibiotics I obviously needed. Apparently the doctors are advised not to prescribe antibiotics, but in that case they were absolutely necessary and the doctors didn't even realize the situation.

Second time, this morning. I waited for more than half an hour, then I decided to ask for info. The receptionist just told me the doctor simply didn't show up this morning. HOW LONG DID I NEED TO WAIT BEFORE TELLING ME THAT THE DOCTOR WAS NOT THERE??? Appointment rescheduled (let's say, substituted with a phone call...) and morning lost.

I think you need decent doctors which (1) show up at work in the morning and (2) are able to recognize infection symptoms

Let's hope the third time won't be that serious because I'm a little concerned...

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 18 July 2018

Liberty Bridge Road Practice replied on 14 September 2018

Thank you for taking the time to post details of your experience and my apologies on behalf of the team that these have been negative of late. All doctors in the UK have been instructed to curtail over use of antibiotics as they are doing a lot of harm by creating resilient strains of infection that cannot be effectively treated. Many very severe infections are viral, so non-responsive to antibiotics, but they are whats known as "self-limiting" and the bodies natural resources will fight them off in its own time frame. It is often the case, therefore, that the timing of recovery mirrors the term of a course of antibiotics which gives the impression they were responsible for the infection clearing. That is not to say this was applicable in your case, but if your private doctor did take samples and establish a proven bacterial infection we could provide evidence to the doctor you saw here and ask for his reaction. All such episodes can prove learning points which we welcome.

As regards the "no-show_ doctor this can happen due to illness or family circumstances. In London it can also be traffic issues, but we do what we can to accommodate affected patients whenever possible. I am particularly concerned about the comment that you were not informed as this goes against our strict policy, so if you could make me aware of your appointment time I can investigate this further and take action to ensure it isn't repeated.
Senior Business & CQC Manager The Hurley Group