Twickenham Park Surgery - Johal

02088921991 17 Rosslyn Road , Twickenham, Middlesex, TW1 2AR

Jennie Borg gave Twickenham Park Surgery - Johal a rating of 5 stars

Superb GP practice

This practice is superb from the kindness of the receptionists to the availability and competence of the doctors and nurses. My family and I are very lucky to be looked after by them all. A big thank you!

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 26 November 2017

Anonymous gave Twickenham Park Surgery - Johal a rating of 3 stars

Good doctors, bad availability, rude receptionist

I've been registered here many years. When the automated appointment system was brought in, it was a time saver and meant there was less of a reason to speak to the senior receptionist who should not be in a position of dealing with the general public.

Unfortunately, I've found the automated system of late to be unable of assigning any appointment with an doctor at any time. When calling in, I was told (in a why don't you know this kind of way) that I now had to call in early for a same day appointment.

Reorganizing my morning diary, i called in the following day at 08:30 sharp for a same day appointment. I was told there was a morning appointment. I asked for that to be immediately asked by the senior receptionist "but is it urgent?"

"You told me yesterday to call in tomorrow for a same day appointment"
"Yes, but is it urgent?"
"What do you mean? You didn't tell me this is only for urgent appointments, is it?"
"Look I can do you an appointment on monday at 16:30"
"That's not convenient. I have made provision for this morning."
*annoyed sigh" "Or I could do you an appointment for tomorrow."
"Why can't I have the appointment this morning?"
*angry voice* "Look, I've given you the option of friday or monday"
"This morning fits in with my reorganized day and the expectation you set yesterday"
*even ruder voice* "But is it urgent???"

I got the morning appointment. The person before me and after me certainly didn't look urgent. The receptionist has always been fairly unpleasant to deal with. This is a shame, almost all the GPs I deal with are great, as are the nurses.

There's only two things wrong with this practice, Local parking and this particular person. Hopefully they will leave soon. The other receptionists are actually nice to deal with.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 21 August 2017

Mrs Maan-Berglind gave Twickenham Park Surgery - Johal a rating of 5 stars

Having lived in 5 countries, Dr is the best GP

Dr. is the most genuinely caring GP I have ever come across in all my relocation across the globe.

He has a rare gift of empathy, sensitivity and high level of professionalism which is very rare in doctors today. I have been his last patient of the day before, and at 7.30 pm their eyes were bloodshot and tired, clearly indicating the long hours in front of the screen and many patients; yet they greeted me like it was a brand new day and I was the first last and only patient they will be seeing that day.

They treated me for psoriatic arthritis, asthma and my 2 year old for croup.

I have moved to Sweden now, and have seen a couple of GP's and wish they could learn from Dr

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 27 September 2017

Excellent

Doctors are caring, thorough and knowledgeable.
Highly recommend.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 15 March 2017

Anonymous gave Twickenham Park Surgery - Johal a rating of 5 stars

Provides excellent service to all our family

Always provided excellent service and treatment to all our family for both physical and mental health issues. Very fast to react, follow up and refer for further professional treatment when required.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 25 April 2017

Anonymous gave Twickenham Park Surgery - Johal a rating of 5 stars

Excellent doctors, nurses and staff

This is an excellent, effective surgery. The doctors and nurses are knowledgeable and caring. The reception staff are efficient and kind. I feel lucky to have experienced such excellent care.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 16 December 2016

Very good practice

I have been attending Twickenham Park Surgery for 6 years. I have found the GP's to be very helpful, interested in my problems and provide good treatment. When necessary I have been referred to hospital consultants and generally seen quite quickly. The nurses have also been very pleasant and efficient.Ihighly recommend Twickenham Park surgery.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 02 August 2016

Anonymous gave Twickenham Park Surgery - Johal a rating of 2 stars

Lots of hope given rating, disapointing first experience

One of the GP there, the only one we consulted so far, showed little interest for the history of the patient and didn't ask many questions, nor investigated very much the issue. Had the doctor taken the trouble to do so, perhaps we would had an accurate diagnosis and not waste another few days while the condition of our little child worsened. My own instinct and observations were telling me the doctor was really quick at dismissing the symptoms as benign and meaningless and there was more to it than they were diagnosing. We moved to this surgery in the hope to find knowledgeable GPs who take the time to investigate and think and whose competence we can feel reassured by. Not the case this time around!

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 13 February 2016

Anonymous gave Twickenham Park Surgery - Johal a rating of 3 stars

Incorrect diagnoses

The receptionists improved in friendliness. Nurses are kind and good in general.

Two of the doctor are more thorough, compassionate, take their time and talk you through their decisions. Others can learn from them. But diagnoses can be sometimes incorrect. Tests can be also inaccurate in comparison to hospital tests. I suffered from a few conditions, was misdiagnosed and had to go to emergency in the end.

The test results come by post and take a long time. In this day and age such things should be done via email. Or at least a phone call and voicemail.

As much as other things can be improved, accurate diagnoses and accurate treatment are the most important things and should be given with utmost accuracy and after thorough tests.

Visited in January 2016. Posted on 20 March 2016

Anonymous gave Twickenham Park Surgery - Johal a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic practice, compassionate staff and good doctors

I have been coming to this surgery for three years and have had a very positive experience. The doctors are compassionate and will investigate health concerns properly. They were willing to order tests and discovered some health issues that had been undiagnosed and/or ignored at my previous surgery. The Dr is particularly good- very personable and listens to patients. The reception staff are courteous and I can usually get an appointment when needed. The quality of this practice is at least as good as anything you would receive at a private clinic.

Visited in October 2015. Posted on 10 February 2016