Peppard Road Surgery

01189462224 45 Peppard Road, Caversham , Reading, Berkshire, RG4 8NR

Anonymous gave Peppard Road Surgery a rating of 3 stars

Good doctors if they are in a good mood

I have been with this doctor for many years and have found them helpful and also unhelpful. It seems to depend on what mood the doctor is in when you see them. I too have been made to feel like a pest on occasions and have unresolved health issues, and for that reason I am considering moving practise. Other family members have also received this treatment and will put off going to see the doctor when they are unwell. It seems they have lost interest in their job.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 01 November 2017

Lacks empathy

I have been attending this surgery since I was a child and I am now in my 30s. Over the last few years I have become increasingly frustrated with the lack of compassion and empathy I have received by the doctors, especially with mental health issues.

I have only ever had to speak to them a handful of times on this issue - I learnt many years ago this is not their area when I was advised that "life is tough" after seeking help for pervasive low moods.
More recently I left the surgery in tears feeling worthless and insignificant after going to speak about stress which I have been suffering for the best part of a year. Sadly the treatment I received did not surprise me, I had expected and it was one of the reasons I didn't seek help sooner.

I have been considering leaving this practice and going to a different one. The only thing stopping me doing it is, I generally don't need to visit the doctor often but when I do I can get a same day or next day appointment. I know going to another practice will likely involve a ridiculous wait to get an appointment. Given my recent experience, this is something I seriously need to consider.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 31 May 2017

Harry Gabriel gave Peppard Road Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic

I've been going to their surgery my whole life, and I couldn't ask for any better doctors. Empathetic, and possibly the best doctors in the world.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 14 July 2017

Anonymous gave Peppard Road Surgery a rating of 5 stars

The best Doctor's Surgery in Caverdahm

As someone who is suffered a long term illness, I cannot recommend The Peppard Road Surgery more. Excellent care is a given at the surgery, getting to know your Doctor and having them listen to you and taking the time to understand your illness and the best treatment is always 100%.

This is an old fashioned surgery with modern facilities. The old days of your Doctor greeting you and knowing your family isn't gone - its available at the Peppard Road Surgery.

This is by far the best Surgery in Reading - anyone who doesn't appreciate quality, good old fashioned service and an ability for have A doctor on hand has lost the plot.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 02 March 2017

Anonymous gave Peppard Road Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Brilliant family GP

This really is a fantastic surgery. I have never not been able to get an appointment, even when I've phoned at the last minute for my children. Both Drs are just brilliant and I couldn't recommend them enough. The receptionists are always polite and easy to talk to and always seem to remember you when you come in to the surgery. This really is a fantastic GP. I listen to friends and family complain about delays in getting appointments and realise how lucky we are to be registered here.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 08 July 2016

Anonymous gave Peppard Road Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Probably OK if you have a very standard illness!

I moved into the area and registered with Peppard Road Surgery last year as my preferred surgery was not accepting new patients. Initially I was quite impressed with how easy it was to talk to someone and get an appointment. I now realise that this should have rung alarm bells! If you have a standard/obvious illness or condition then this is probably an OK surgery to go to, however if you're suffering from anything long term they didn't seem at all interested in trying to get to the bottom of the issue. During 6 months I was sent for multiple blood tests, all of which revealed nothing before finally being told there was 'nothing physically wrong' with me. (They also weren't able to locate any of my previous medical records from my previous GP surgery during the 6 months I was registered with them). I felt so embarrassed to keep going back to the surgery so I re-registered at the initial surgery I wanted to go to, who were now accepting patients. I went there for one appointment, told the doctor everything, had (another) blood test looking for something the Peppard Road doctors had never tried looking for and within two weeks put on the correct medication!

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 18 July 2016

Edwin Raj gave Peppard Road Surgery a rating of 5 stars

A model GP surgery

We have been with Peppard Rd surgery for the past 9 years. The doctor and staff know the medical history of everyone in our family and we feel genuinely looked after rather than treated as just another patient. The receptionists are just incredible - polite, considerate and courteous and always offer the same day appointment, sometimes around surgery closing time so as to be seen the same day. Probably the best GP surgery in Reading, in our opinion.

Visited in May 2016. Posted on 10 May 2016

Not Accepting New Patients

This website says they are accepting new patients, the receptionist I spoke to on the phone a couple of weeks ago said they are accepting new patients, the sign outside the clinic says "New Patients Welcome", but when I went there last week and asked to register I was told "We're not accepting new patients until the first of June".

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 22 March 2016

Georgios Domparas gave Peppard Road Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Excellent doctors and personable

I had a serious infection in my finger. The doctors ensured that I was referred to the right surgeon in the hospital and they explained every step of the process.

They removed my stitches, too, and again ensured in a personable way that I understand how to take care of the operated finger.

Thank you so much.