Peppard Road Surgery

01189462224 45 Peppard Road, Caversham , Reading, Berkshire, RG4 8NR

Anonymous gave Peppard Road Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Excellent service and caring doctors

We have been with the surgery since we moved to Reading 14 years ago. We could not have chosen a better surgery and are so happy to be with them. We have always got an appointment , very often on the same day if requested. We have always found the doctors very efficient , caring and concerned.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 01 May 2018

Anonymous gave Peppard Road Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Terrible doctor. Nice support staff

I booked an appointment as a new patient. There was a large sign outside saying 'New Patients Welcome'. When I arrived the doctor refused to register me or to honour the appointment. He claimed it wasn't a good idea to become a new patient with his surgery since he was retiring soon.

1. If you don't want new patients don't allow them to make appointments.
2. If someone turns up with an urgent issue don't send them away without seeing them.
3. Treat patients with dignity and respect rather.

I would definitely not recommend this surgery although the receptionist was very pleasant.

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 09 May 2018

Excellent surgery

An excellent surgery. I have always been able to get an appointment when I need one. I have rung up on 2 separate occasions mid-morning and been given appointments for the same day.

Very professional and friendly doctors. Have not felt rushed during appointments.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 14 December 2017

Anonymous gave Peppard Road Surgery a rating of 3 stars

Good doctors if they are in a good mood

I have been with this doctor for many years and have found them helpful and also unhelpful. It seems to depend on what mood the doctor is in when you see them. I too have been made to feel like a pest on occasions and have unresolved health issues, and for that reason I am considering moving practise. Other family members have also received this treatment and will put off going to see the doctor when they are unwell. It seems they have lost interest in their job.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 01 November 2017

Anonymous gave Peppard Road Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Lacks empathy

I have been attending this surgery since I was a child and I am now in my 30s. Over the last few years I have become increasingly frustrated with the lack of compassion and empathy I have received by the doctors, especially with mental health issues.

I have only ever had to speak to them a handful of times on this issue - I learnt many years ago this is not their area when I was advised that "life is tough" after seeking help for pervasive low moods.
More recently I left the surgery in tears feeling worthless and insignificant after going to speak about stress which I have been suffering for the best part of a year. Sadly the treatment I received did not surprise me, I had expected and it was one of the reasons I didn't seek help sooner.

I have been considering leaving this practice and going to a different one. The only thing stopping me doing it is, I generally don't need to visit the doctor often but when I do I can get a same day or next day appointment. I know going to another practice will likely involve a ridiculous wait to get an appointment. Given my recent experience, this is something I seriously need to consider.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 31 May 2017

Harry Gabriel gave Peppard Road Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic

I've been going to their surgery my whole life, and I couldn't ask for any better doctors. Empathetic, and possibly the best doctors in the world.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 14 July 2017

The best Doctor's Surgery in Caverdahm

As someone who is suffered a long term illness, I cannot recommend The Peppard Road Surgery more. Excellent care is a given at the surgery, getting to know your Doctor and having them listen to you and taking the time to understand your illness and the best treatment is always 100%.

This is an old fashioned surgery with modern facilities. The old days of your Doctor greeting you and knowing your family isn't gone - its available at the Peppard Road Surgery.

This is by far the best Surgery in Reading - anyone who doesn't appreciate quality, good old fashioned service and an ability for have A doctor on hand has lost the plot.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 02 March 2017

Anonymous gave Peppard Road Surgery a rating of 2 stars

Ok for the basics

I've been going to this surgery all my life, and they've been fine for basic problems - e.g. ear infections, vaccinations, etc.

However, in 2016, I finally brought myself to get the courage together to get help for my persistent low moods, which had been occurring for years before the appointment. The doctor seemed incredibly awkward about the subject, and did not ask me about ANY of my symptoms. Instead, I was asked what subjects I studied at college, and was sent for a blood test.

The blood test came back fine, and I was not asked anything more about my experiences. Instead, I was sent away, and was told, and I quote, that I "looked happy".

Because of the popularity of the other local surgeries, I have been left without a doctor I can see for support with my mental health problems (which I have been told are real and do need help by two non-NHS professionals).

I cannot express enough how damaging it is to not recognise someone's problems, especially when it is your job to do exactly that.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 29 May 2018

Georgios Domparas gave Peppard Road Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Excellent doctors and personable

I had a serious infection in my finger. The doctors ensured that I was referred to the right surgeon in the hospital and they explained every step of the process.

They removed my stitches, too, and again ensured in a personable way that I understand how to take care of the operated finger.

Thank you so much.