Burley Park Medical Centre

01132953850 273 Burley Road , Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS4 2EL

Friendly and welcoming surgery

I was a patient at this surgery for a number of years very sad to have to leave due to moving house. Every GP i saw here was always warm, friendly, helpful and gave me the time I always needed to be heard. I had challenges with my mental health and I can only give praise to the GP that sat with my patients to dig a little deeper to find out what was going on this enabled me seek the support I needed. Every GP i saw after when i needed support was always friendly, supportive and patient would really recommend this surgery, always friendly, helpful and can brilliant health care services and support.

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 25 September 2018

Burley Park Medical Centre replied on 08 October 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about the care provided by the Practice. We are delighted to hear that you found the GPs friendly and helpful. Our aim is to provide a level of care that we'd want to experience ourselves. Please contact our Practice Manager on 0113 2953850 or by e-mailing burleyparkmedicalcentre@nhs.net if you have any suggestions on how to improve our services.
Good Luck following your move.
Best wishes from everyone at Burley Park Medical Centre.

Anonymous gave Burley Park Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Dreadful service, phones are never answered.

I have been extremely disappointed by the service offered by this GP.

On signup, I was told that if I required an appointment, I should ring before 8am. However, upon doing this, I found that before 8am, I simply received an automated message telling me the surgery was closed. If I rang shortly after 8am, the line was busy, leading to the call being disconnected.

This happened for many days in a row. After this frustration, I rang several times over the period of an hour to try and speak to someone, once again the line was busy and I was never able to speak to anyone.

I needed an appointment to review my medications, as is standard practice for new patients. However, due to the days of poor communication, I am now running very low on supplies of my medication. My medication is linked to my anxiety, my experiences with this practice have caused me a great deal of stress and anxiety over the last weeks, worsening my mental health.

I have visited the surgery in person to try and arrange an appointment but I was told the next possible appointment was in several weeks and once again, that I should ring in before 8am to receive an appointment. It seems the surgery needs better systems in place to arrange appointments and to actually answer their phones.

The times I have been into the surgery, the receptionists have been fairly friendly. I have no comment on the quality of the doctors, as I was never able to see one!

Overall, my experience with this surgery has exacerbated my mental illness and left me having to ration medication. I'm appalled by the lack of care this service offers. I am lucky to be young and able-bodied, I cannot imagine what it would be for a patient suffering from chronic pain or in the need of long-term care from their GP to have to experience this poor service. I have now signed up to a new doctor, who can hopefully provide a competent service.

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 09 October 2018

Burley Park Medical Centre replied on 31 October 2018

Dear Sir/Madam

Please accept my apologies for the delay in responding to your feedback. We should routinely receive notification of postings on NHS Choices, but we, unfortunately did not receive an e-mail alerting us about your comments. I have only recently come across your response when reviewing NHS Choices.

Having discussed your feedback as a team, we are sorry that your experience of the Practice was poor. I'd welcome the opportunity to discuss your feedback so that we can gain a better understanding of where things went wrong. Please contact Heather Reid, Practice Manager on 0113 2953850 if you want to discuss this matter further.

Our opening hours are Monday to Friday 08:00 until 20:00 and Sunday 09:00 - 13:00 so we are struggling to understand why you were asked to telephone before 08:00 when the surgery opens. We offer a range of appointments which includes pre-bookable up to two weeks in advance and a large number of on the day appointments to help demand. Our appointments for GPs are limited to two weeks in advance because of the high number of non-attenders if appointments are booked in excess of that period. We'd therefore welcome further discussion so that we can try to understand why you were told that the next appointment was several weeks away. You should also have been made aware of our on-line appointment system as this negates the need for patients to telephone the surgery to book appointments.

It would never be our intention to cause distress to a patient or exacerbate a medical condition as our aim is to provide a service that we would be happy to receive ourselves. Your experiences in trying to book an appointment to obtain medication should have been flagged up within the Practice so that we could have helped you. Please accept our apologies that this did not happen.

We are currently reviewing our appointment system and how we operate in an attempt to meet rising demand at a time when capacity is falling because of budget cuts and nationwide difficulties in recruiting clinical staff to general practice.

We are sorry that you felt the need to register with another practice.

Yours faithfully

Heather Reid
Practice Manager

Anonymous gave Burley Park Medical Centre a rating of 4 stars

Good GP surgery, friendly doctors

I have used this surgery on a number of occasions and the doctors are almost always friendly and try to help as best they can. Would recommend.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 03 October 2018

Burley Park Medical Centre replied on 08 October 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on the Practice. We are pleased that you have had a positive experience when accessing our service.
Please contact our Practice Manager on 0113 2953850 if you are interested in joining our Patient Participation Group or have any suggestions about how we can improve our services to patients.
Best wishes from everyone at Burley Park Medical Centre

T gave Burley Park Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Friendly people and Great Service

This surgery is the best surgery I have been to. Receptionist’s are always friendly and do there best to help each time.

I request an appointment and there always doing there best to find an appointment which is best for me, or we work round for a solution.

The appointment system they have makes it easier for a paitent to get an appointment and at all times of the day.

There are appointments available Saturday (Hyde Park) and Sunday (Burley Park) with a Doctor or a Nurse.

The doctors try there best to help and the nursing staff are really down to earth.

I tell people about my exsperience and they want to know the practice address and telephone number to join the practice.

There are surgeries closer to where I live but I don’t want to leave Burley Park rather travel and get a great service and feel safe there.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 09 May 2018

Burley Park Medical Centre replied on 09 May 2018

Dear T

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback about the Practice. We are delighted that you are happy with the service provide by the team and that you feel confident in recommending the Practice to others. We are always happy to receive feedback, good or bad, so that we can consider improvements to our services.

Please contact us if you want to discuss things further or get involved with our Patient Participation Group. Heather Reid our Practice Manager can be contacted by telephoning 0113 2953850 or you can call into the surgery for a chat or e-mail us direct on burleyparkmedicalcentre@nhs.net.

Thanks again, your feedback, it is very much appreciated within the team.

Best wishes from everyone at Burley Park Medical Centre.

FMU gave Burley Park Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Mostly good doctors, great nurses, nice reception staff

This is a really good surgery with some quality doctors, super friendly nurses and good reception staff, especially the receptionist on Thursday day time who is so friendly and helpful, you don't even feel like you are at the doctors!

The surgery seems forward thinking and keeps up to date with whatever is happening in the medical arena. In the waiting area you will be able to pick up leaflets on health issues and some community matters.

It's a lovely surgery in comparison to many others. I feel the staff there care about what they are doing and aim to do their best. I wish the surgery many, many years of great service to the community. :0)

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 30 May 2018

Burley Park Medical Centre replied on 01 June 2018

Dear Patient

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback on the Practice. We are pleased that you have had a positive experience of the care provided. Our colleague who works on reception on a Thursday is especially delighted that you found her friendly and helpful. It is currently extremely challenging working on the frontline of general practice, but our aim is to provide a service that we would want to receive ourselves.

If you are interested in getting involved in developing services to improve patient care we would love to hear from you, please contact Heather Reid, Practice Manager by telephoning 0113 2953853 or e-mailing burleyparkmedicalcentre@nhs.net to discuss things further.

Best wishes from everyone at Burley Park Medical Centre

missy80 reviewed Burley Park Medical Centre

Friendly receptionist!

The reception staff are always so helpful, friendly and patient.
ALL front line staff need praise and recognition

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 22 March 2018 using Care Opinion

Heather Reid, Practice Manager, Burley Park Medical Centre replied on 23 March 2018

Hello missy80
Thank you so much for taking the time to give feedback on a member of our reception team. We aim to treat people how we would want to be treated ourselves so it's nice to know that you found the service helpful, friendly and patient. Your feedback will be shared with the team who I know will be delighted with your comments.
Patient feedback, good or bad, is always welcome as it helps shape the services we provide. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you want to discuss things further. You can e-mail me via [burleyparkmedicalcentre@nhs.net](mailto:burleyparkmedicalcentre@nhs.net) or telephone 0113 2953850.
Thanks again.
Heather Reid, Practice Manager

Syd gave Burley Park Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Excellent surgery

I've been at this surgery for the last 6-7 years and never had a bad experience..the staff is really efficient and courteous and doctors are really competent.I can't imagine going to any other place now for my healthcare needs.there's also a pharmacy right opposite and I've always managed to get my repeats on time with help of the staff at surgery. Highly satisfied and recommended

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 16 March 2018

Burley Park Medical Centre replied on 16 March 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with feedback about our services. We are pleased that you are happy with the care provided by the team. Your kind comments are really appreciated by everyone at Burley Park Medical Centre, especially considering the current pressures facing the NHS.

We are always happy to receive feedback and suggestions on how to improve the services offered. Please contact our Practice Manager at the surgery if you want to discuss things further or are interested in joining our patient participation group: telephone 0113 2953850 or e-mail burleyparkmedicalcentre@nhs.net

Thanks again from everyone at Burley Park Medical Centre.

Daisyjack123 reviewed Burley Park Medical Centre

First smear test

I wasn’t particularly overly nervous for my first smear however my nurse Sally made me feel soooooooo comfortable at ease she was so kind friendly and happy and explained the process so well making me feel super relaxed.
Since having it my experience with her has encouraged me to speak to friends and put them at ease about their future smears. Honestly an asset to the surgery and so good at her job!

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 01 March 2018 using Care Opinion

Heather Reid, Practice Manager, Burley Park Medical Centre replied on 19 March 2018

Hello Daisyjack 123,
Thank you for taking the time to post feedback about your recent visit to the Practice. I am delighted that you are happy with the care provided by Sally White our practice nurse and that she made you feel very relaxed about your treatment. Your post will be shared within the team and I feel sure that Sally will appreciate your comments. It is good to know that your experience was positive and that you've discussed the care with your friends to reassure them about having a procedure done in the future.
We are always pleased to receive feedback or suggestions on how to improve services to patients. If you would like to discuss this further or are interested in joining our Patient Participation Group please contact me at the surgery by telephoning 0113 2953850 or via e-mail to burleyparkmedicalcentre@nhs.net
Heather Reid
Practice Manager

Excellent nurses

I visited recently to have a procedure I was quite nervous about. The nurse was brilliant. She helped me relax by chatting to me without being patronising at all. I didn't even realise the procedure had finished in the time as I was distracted by a lovely conversation.

Thank you Burley Park for being caring and considerate. You helped with what could of been a very stressful time!

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 02 February 2018

Burley Park Medical Centre replied on 02 February 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with feedback about your recent visit to the Practice. We are delighted that you are happy with the care provided by one of our nurses. Your comments will be shared within the Practice and I feel sure that they'll be appreciated by everyone. The team works hard to provide a service that we would be happy to receive ourselves. Your kind words are especially welcome during the challenges of a very busy winter in the NHS.

If you have any suggestions on how to improve our services or are interested in joining our Patient Participation Group, please contact our Practice Manager, Heather Reid by telephoning 0113 2953853.

Fantastic Surgery

Looking for a surgery look no further than Burley Park Medical Centre!

Staff on reception are fantastic both face to face and over the phone.

Doctors listen and take there time and don’t rush you out of the door.

The nurse team are fantastic and make you calm as having things as blood tests can make you feel nervous.

Want an appointment the team do there best to get one that fits with you.

A plus with this surgery is they have network with other surgeries meaning more chance for an appointment. There is a weekend service available as well.

There booking system is the best I have seen in a GP SURGERY.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 14 February 2018

Burley Park Medical Centre replied on 14 February 2018

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about the Practice, we are delighted to receive such a positive review and happy that you are pleased with the service provided by the team. Everyone in the Practice works hard to provide a high level of care to all patients, and recognition of the efforts made is especially welcome at a time when the NHS is facing extreme pressures. We are always keen to receive suggestions about how we can improve our services, please contact our practice manager Heather Reid at the surgery if you would like to discuss things further or interested in joining our Patient Participation Group. Many thanks from everyone at Burley Park Medical Centre.