Woodlands Health Centre

02086986664 4 Edwin Hall Place, Hither Green Lane , London, Greater London, SE13 6RN

Anonymous gave Woodlands Health Centre a rating of 5 stars

Feedback to centre

The practice has improved over recent months - the reception staff are much more helpful and the doctors / nurses within the clinic are brilliant.

The pharmacy linked to the doctors is pretty terrible - here's goes some negative feedback... There have been a number of instances recently which have stopped me using their services completely. The service is extremely slow - to the extent that this almost feels deliberate.

The tone and manner of the staff here needs huge improvement - they are very rude and completely insincere.

In recent visits, I've witnessed the following:-
- The wrong prescription being given to a customer, to then be corrected
- Unable to give medication to a customer (which was needed for that evening) with no alternative suggestions to nearby pharmacies that could assist.
- Recently advised to return to the doctors for another appointment to get a new prescription which suited their own stock (surely this is a waste of a doctors time?!)

The pharmacy must receive a lot of customers by being linked to the surgery. As a whole they are letting the overall service down.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 10 October 2018

Anonymous gave Woodlands Health Centre a rating of 3 stars

Woodlands Health Centre

I keep coming to this surgery because of very good service from a GP I have been seeing for years. He is a lovely, empathetic, caring and also efficient and through practitioner. I think it is important to have continuity of care - and he provides that. I have also seen some lovely nurses here.

However, it is very difficult to get an appointment without queuing from 7.30am - which is difficult to do if you are very ill. The receptionists are not always friendly and it is impossible to get through on the telephone.

I would highly recommend some of the medical staff here - especially my Dr - but the running of day to day administration is not always efficient.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 01 August 2018

Woodlands Health Centre replied on 01 August 2018

Thank you for leaving a review on our NHS Choices Web page.
We are working tirelessly behind the scenes to improve the service here.
May I recommend you register to book your appointments online. As I type we have over 20 available bookable appointments.
We also open from 7pm to 10pm on Mondays and Thursdays for our commuter surgeries. We now open every Saturday from 7am to 11am. We currently have appointments in all these sessions.
If you are very ill please inform one of our GP's and we will endeavour to offer you an appointment when needed as so long as appointments are available.

I am pleased you are happy and satisfied with the medical care you are receiving here and we will continue to improve our Customer Service at reception.

Management

Good People

The staff at woodlands work very hard and they do their best for the people who come to them. I've always been able to get an appointment on the day I needed one, and the doctors who work on hand are friendly, patient, knowledgeable, and very good listeners. Once in the doctor's office, I never feel rushed and I feel like all my concerns are heard and understood. The treatment is comprehensive and they review my previous medical records, not just my concerns of the moment.

The only downside is that there is sometimes a sense of being under-resourced. It can be hard to get appointments online or over the phone, and (to my knowledge) the waiting room is never empty; it seems that there are always slightly more people who need treatment than available slots to treat them.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 11 July 2018

Woodlands is a good GP Pratice

Generally the GP's and other medical staff are good, professional and listen to patients and offer good care. If one needs to be seen immediately go to the surgery early and queque up for an appointment for that morning. I particularly like being able to book an afternoon/evening apt online and request repeat prescriptions online. I sometime wish there were more online appointments available.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 06 June 2018

s.h.p. gave Woodlands Health Centre a rating of 5 stars

my experience of the service

I would like to highly commend this practice. I have always found the staff and doctors very helpful, kind and efficient. They go out of their way to be supportive when I am ill.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 06 June 2018

Much improved

It's easier to get an appointment now that the centre is open later & on weekends which is great - & it's easy to book this online. Everyone is helpful & I never feel rushed. The only little gripe I have is that sometimes the repeat/recurring prescriptions get out of sync if the GP makes alterations.
As I sometimes need blood tests doing before my appointment it would be nice if I could request a form to be printed off for me to collect rather than have to make a appointment just to get the form. Just a little suggestion :-)

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 21 June 2018

Anonymous gave Woodlands Health Centre a rating of 4 stars

I am pleased with the service

The receptionists are generally helpful and mostly polite. My GP has been helpful and always has time for me. There is usually a wait in the waiting area i must say, but when I do see her, I am pleased with her advice and care. The GP listens and follows up in a timely fashion and I am kept informed.
I am pleased with the service I receive and would recommend the surgery.

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 26 June 2018

Anonymous gave Woodlands Health Centre a rating of 1 stars

RUDE, UNHELPFUL, USELESS. DO NOT REGISTER HERE.

Whatever you do just avoid this comedy practise at all costs.
They have absolutely NO internal communication, empathy or professionalism.

I ran out of medication (for anxiety) and the realised I had lost my prescription, so upon the advice of one of their super bored/untrained/rude telephonists, went there to get a reprint of a prescription. You would think that this would be a fairly routine request.

NO CHANCE, I waited 25 minutes to then be handed a torn piece of paper they hilariously call a prescription repeat form, which I filled in and handed it back to the clearly untrained, pleasant, but nonetheless helpless, girl at reception who then informed me that they would put it though as an urgent request, so could I GO BACK IN 48 HOURS???

My anxiety is through the roof and only because we have a decent pharmacist to lend me what I need as I stupidly ran out, until they do whatever they need to do to print a piece of paper, am I now somewhat calmer.

Unbelievable, it's as if they had deliberately trained their patient facing side of the operation to be as unhelpful as possible, almost as if trying to repel people who need help.

The Doctors and Nurse, if you ACTUALLY manage to see them are charming.

Go anywhere but here.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 02 May 2018

Anonymous gave Woodlands Health Centre a rating of 5 stars

Great care when you need it

I recently had a patient health check which was carried out with both professionalism and with a human touch. Although the staff are under pressure they still find time to listen to you and even share a joke which alleviates fear and uncertainty.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 11 May 2018

Ullah gave Woodlands Health Centre a rating of 4 stars

Professional Doctor

The doctor was very professional, as well as being kind and understanding. I highly recommend her as your family GP. Thank you doctor for being so caring. A big thank you from baby Ehan.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 14 May 2018