Lockside Medical Centre

01613037200 85 Huddersfield Road , Stalybridge, Cheshire, SK15 2PT

Tricia gave Lockside Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Outstanding

I was very distressed as I removed against my will from the Doctors I had been registered with from birth against my will as I had moved. I was actually the same distance ,however it is probably the best decision they made. The doctor has been amazing. He has done more for me in two weeks than anyone else has in years. I also had a new patient check with a healthcare assistant who was lovely with me. The receptionist is a star and will do anything for you. The surgery is very busy however they all try to smile. I have had an infection for quite a while which was not investigated or treated by my previous Doctor despite me asking on many occasions. I have received informative and friendly texts and am being sent for a kidney scan . I am going through a very stressful time at the moment and can honestly say that I already feel valued and listened too despite only being registered with the surgery for a few weeks. I really feel that despite their enormous workload that the dcotor really cares. He reminds me of an old fashioned Dr who tries his hardest to provide a good service despite the constraints of the NHS. I would like to thank the receptionist and doctor and all the staff for your kindness you have restored my faith in G.Ps. I will certainly be recommending you for some recognition.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 15 August 2018

Lockside Medical Centre replied on 16 August 2018

Many thanks for your kind words. We pride ourselves on offering continuity of care. We like it when a patient finds a doctor or nurse they get on with and make it easy for them to stick to the same clinician. We do try to hang on to the best of the ’Old Fashioned’ way of doing things whilst at the same time embrace the best of new technologies.

Ernie Jackson gave Lockside Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Fortunate to have access to a great surgery.

When I listen to the many horror stories of those who attend other surgeries I feel privileged to have the facility and convenience provided to me by all at Lockside Surgery. From my personal experience I would have thought the average reviews should be much, much better that 4*. I have no problem in awarding maximum ratings for every aspect of service and attention. Thank you Lockside..

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 13 June 2018

Lockside Medical Centre replied on 20 June 2018

It's always great to hear a positive review of our practice. I will make sure it is shared with the whole team.
Thanks for taking the time to write, it gives everyone here a boost.

Alison gave Lockside Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Great care from Lockside

I rang on a busy, late Friday afternoon concerned about a change in a long term condition and didn't want to leave it over the weekend. I received a phone call back from a GP within 30 minutes who listened to my concerns and offered the reassurance I needed.
Many thanks to the receptionist and the doctor for their fast, friendly and genuinely caring way they look after their patients.
We are all too quick to criticise when things don't go our way but need to remember to let people know when they're doing a great job. Thank you

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 24 January 2018

Lockside Medical Centre replied on 24 January 2018

It is so lovely that you took the time to feedback, and we are happy we were able to help.
Joanna

Anonymous gave Lockside Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care getting rare diagnosis

I brought my 11 year old son to see the GP as he couldn't weight bear, had a strange pain in his knee, yet there was no swelling/bruising and he could still bend it. As a mum I was completely confused by his symptoms. The GP was very thorough throughout our consultation, speaking directly to Alfie to ascertain his exact problems. After a complete examination, the GP diagnosed a slipped epiphysis which is actually in the hip and sent us straight to orthopaedics at TGH, where this was confirmed via X-ray, we were then transferred to RMCH where we are awaiting surgery to correct this. This is a rarer diagnosis and only happens to 10 in 100,000 people so we are extremely grateful to the GP for diagnosing this straight away. Couldn't ask for better care.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 09 November 2017

Lockside Medical Centre replied on 10 November 2017

Many thanks for your feedback and we all wish Alfie a speedy recovery.

Lisa Cooper gave Lockside Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

2 year old diagnosed with 'flu

I contacted Lockside when my 2 year old became very unwell and I wanted to try to get a emergency appointment, Lockside had no appointments but the receptionist was amazing and made me an appointment at the nearest 'Go To Doc' in Hyde. The receptionist went above any beyond by making the appointment themselves and as I was in a panic to get there and didn't have a pen to write the postcode down they invited me to call them back if I needed to and was so helpful. The appointment at 'Go to Doc' was great and I was treated very well but unfortunately the next day my son became more unwell and again I telephoned Lockside. After explaining the situation and to be honest at this stage I was starting to panic the receptionist assured me that a GP would ring me (which they indeed did) and after a short conversation the GP invited me to bring our Son down to the surgery and they would see him straight away. I was seen almost immediately after arriving at the surgery and the GP was extremely thorough and ruled out a more serious illness and diagnosed flu and after consulting the guidelines to see if Miles needed to go to hospital the GP then arranged for a nurse to call to our home the following day. Everyone that I encountered during this distressing time went above and beyond and I was overwhelmed by the attitude of everyone involved.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 25 October 2017

Lockside Medical Centre replied on 27 October 2017

Thanks so much for taking the time to tell us.
It gives the whole team a massive boost whenever we hear about a job done well.
We will make sure it is shared with everyone you encountered.

Anonymous gave Lockside Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Trying to get an urgent appointment...

I think it's ridiculous how the doctors diagnose you over the phone and won't make you an appointment to come in especially when it comes to your chest/breathing... I was forced to go to OOH to get some treatment cause my own GP wouldn't see me.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 01 November 2017

Lockside Medical Centre replied on 01 November 2017

We are sorry you are not happy with our care. Would it be possible for you to let us know who you are so we can look into your case in more detail? You can do this by completing a 'Comments and Feedback' form at Reception.

We carry out same day assessments of people on the phone every day. By the end of a week we have on average 150 such conversations. There are many outcomes, ranging from urgent appointments, offering advice, organising tests or even arranging hospital admissions. We tailor our response to the patients condition, symptoms, frailty and their requests.

Complaints about this service are very low and most people appreciate how quickly we get them sorted.

In order for us to continuously improve we need to look into the specifics of your circumstances.
Richard

Anonymous reviewed Lockside Medical Centre

Joke

Rang the surgery this morning to say I was feeling really unwell was promised a call waited all day received nothing. Not the first time I have been let down by this service.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 19 September 2017

Lockside Medical Centre replied on 20 September 2017

We pride ourselves by responding to EVERY call, so we are sorry to hear that you weren't satisfied on this occasion.

Please make yourself known so we can investigate exactly what happened - we always make a note in the medical record on the occasions that we are unable to complete the call (eg phone not picked up, persistent engaged tone etc).

We look forward to hearing from you and resolving the issue.

Mike5635 gave Lockside Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Lucky escape

After attending my annual health check, the doctor who's name I don't know but owe a debt of gratitude to. They found I had a Aortic Aneurysm, after another doctor confirmed the diagnosis I was sent to Tameside hospital where I had a scan to confirm my Aneurysm, which was 4.0cm I was on yearly checks. After two years the Aneurysm had grow to 5.8cm which became operable. I Had my operation two weeks ago and everything seems to be ok.

I would like to thank the Doctor just out of medical school and the actions by other doctor and the staff at our superb practice for in effect saving my life because if a Aneurysm burst not many people survive this problem. What was really scary is that lots of people are walking around with this condition and don't know if your in your late 40s ask for a check up its a two minute check, that's two minutes that could save your life

I look on the staff and doctors at Lockside not just as my doctors, but more as my friends

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 07 June 2017

Lockside Medical Centre replied on 09 June 2017

This is a lovely feedback on the practice. Thank you. We are so pleased you are making a good recovery. The doctor who detected you Aneurysm is Halima Sadia, who is one of our GP Specialist trainee doctors. We have passed your comments onto her. We are so proud that our trainees are making a contribution to the health of our area. We have been a training practice for 13 years and are delighted that our patients welcome and help them in their education. We are a good team at Lockside, and are so in partnership with the population we serve.
GP Lockside

Sandra Biggs gave Lockside Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Amazing

Dr goes above and beyond for their patients.
My husband was diagnosed with cancer at Christmas and it has been a really tough time for my family. Dr has made things so much easier with care and compassion.
I really do not think I would have managed without his support and as a family we are so grateful to them.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 10 May 2017

Lockside Medical Centre replied on 12 May 2017

Thank you for your very kind words, even though we know you are having a really bad time at the moment. It is a privilege for us to be given the opportunity to help so many people in their times of need. It is one of the wonderful things about general practice we are here for whole families before, during and after awful life events. Of course it’s a team effort and our every member of our staff share the deep respect for local people.

Anonymous gave Lockside Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

Patronising

I came to see a doctor a few days ago, the doctor was very rude and patronising to me. The doctor never looked at my notes and made me feel very uncomfortable. Just glad that this surgery is a lovely run surgery on the whole but hope other patients arent put off by this doctor.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 19 May 2017

Lockside Medical Centre replied on 19 May 2017

We are very sorry you feel this way.
We are always looking for ways to improve and if you feel there is an issue with one of our staff, doctors or nurses please make us aware of the specifics by completing one of our 'Concerns' forms that are available at reception. We are aware none of us can be on 'top form' all the time, and we are sure the individual doctor would want to know if they have come across as patronising.
Thank you for your other kind comments.
Regards