The York Medical Practice

02087440220 St. Johns Health Centre , Twickenham, Middlesex, TW1 3PA

Stephen gave The York Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

How lucky am i

Until I compared my experiences with others I wasn't aware just how great a clinic this is.
Staff are friendly give excellent clarity and it is rare I have felt short changed. On those occasions it has been sorted immediately.
I could name many staff in commendation today it was two particular staff members who were both punctual caring & clear.
This should be a beacon clinic - I am just sad that not everyone in this country has an equal experience.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 11 July 2018

The York Medical Practice replied on 16 July 2018

Dear Stephen
Thank you very much for your kind comments. We are always delighted to receive patient feedback and are so pleased that you are happy with the services we provide. Thank you for taking the time to post on our NHS Choices page.

R Butlin gave The York Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Doctor

I have recently moved to this practice and after an initial shaky start trying to get an appointment I today saw a young lady doctor who I have to say is the kindest and most helpful doctor i've ever had, she is a credit to the surgery and the NHS

Visited in June 2018. Posted on 12 June 2018

The York Medical Practice replied on 14 June 2018

Dear Patient
Thank you for your very kind comments regarding Dr Mitchell. We will ensure that they are passed onto her and are delighted that you are happy with the outcome of your consultation. Thank you for taking the time to review us on NHS Choices.

Excellent

Excellent surgery, I feel very well cared for and looked after. A real asset to the community of Twickers.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 07 May 2018

The York Medical Practice replied on 09 May 2018

Thank you for your very kind review. We are delighted that you are happy with the service provided and it is always encouraging for the Practice team to receive such positive feedback. Thank you for taking the time to review us on NHS Choices.

Emergency response

2 weeks ago I rang for an emergency appointment for my husband. I was listened to by the receptionist, the doctor rang back within 15 minutes, we were at the surgery within the hour for blood tests and a consultation, and soon thereafter at the West Middlesex hospital for an Xray where we only had to wait 10 minutes.
NHS at its best.

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 03 April 2018

The York Medical Practice replied on 04 April 2018

Dear Patient
We were so pleased to receive your comments. We are delighted that you are happy with the service provided and it is always encouraging for the Practice team to receive such positive patient comments. Thank you for taking the time to post on our NHS Choices page.

Anna Walker gave The York Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

York Medical

Friendly reception staff, approachable and professional doctors who always do their very best to help you even if it is a telephone conversation. If no appointments available they always help you find a hub or local GP who can see you. I had minor surgery there all my maternity check ups and regularly request prescriptions on repeat, again all sorted very quickly. Great GP!

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 23 April 2018

The York Medical Practice replied on 25 April 2018

Dear Patient We were delighted to receive your feedback. We always strive to deliver the best care for our patients and are so pleased to receive such positive comments. Thank you for reviewing us on NHS Choices.

Mike Fraser gave The York Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Recent excellent service

This is the account of my recent experience with York Medical Practice.
This was prompt and professional service. I had a call back from a Doctor at 8.20am to establish my medical need. An appointment was made for 10.20am with a Dr, as a result I had a blood test at 10.40am. By 11.35am I had received my emailed referral notification/confirmation of a hospital appointment in 10 days time. An excellent service and a credit to all involved.

Having been a patient with this surgery for a number of years I can honestly say that the service given is always of a very high standard.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 06 March 2018

The York Medical Practice replied on 07 March 2018

Thank you for your taking the time to post on our NHS Choices page. We are delighted that you are happy with the service we have provided and your positive feedback is much appreciated. Thank you again.

Xavier gave The York Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

The York Medical Practice

I have been registered with this practice for 29 years. I am amazed by the professionalism of both the front line staff, nurses and doctors. I cannot fault it. I feel well looked after, supported appropriately and receive excellent care.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 04 October 2017

The York Medical Practice replied on 05 October 2017

Thank you very much for your comment; we are always pleased to receive patient feedback and are delighted to receive such positive comments. Thank you for taking the time to post on NHS Choices.

immunisation appointment

I took my grandson to the surgery for his pre school booster today. We were met by the Practice Nurse.

It was great to meet such a calm and caring professional and I hope they are valued by their medical and nursing colleagues.

What would the NHS do without such dedicated and motivated individuals.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 19 September 2017

The York Medical Practice replied on 20 September 2017

Thank you very much for your kind comments. We will ensure that your review is passed to our nursing team. It is always encouraging to receive positive feedback. Thank you again.

Lucy gave The York Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Best GP Practice - bar none!

Having been a patient at this practice for my entire life - 36 years - I felt compelled to leave a review due to the consistently high standards which exceed all expectations, time and time again.

The receptionists are always so friendly and welcoming, the GPs warm and compassionate with an added personal touch whilst remaining professional to the last.
The nurses are all amazing, they make you feel very relaxed and safe in their hands and are excellent with my children.

Whatever the problem, it is diagnosed and treatment provided within a short appointment time, such is their extensive medical knowledge and super efficiency.

I could not rate this surgery any higher, having been there through all sorts of illnesses, emergencies, minor and major, they never let you down and you always feel like they truly care about you as an individual as well as a patient.

Truly outstanding!

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 21 September 2017

The York Medical Practice replied on 26 September 2017

Thank you so much for your very kind review. We are so pleased to receive such positive feedback and are delighted that you are happy with the service we provide. Thank you again.

Anonymous gave The York Medical Practice a rating of 3 stars

Access

I have been a patient at the York Medical Practice for 43 years and this is my first complaint about any part of the NHS. As a result of my deafness and the fact that I was not told to sit outside the right room, I failed to hear my name when it was called by the doctor and after 20 minutes the receptionist told me that the doctor would not see me now. When I wrote a letter of complaint, the doctor involved replied a month later making no apology but suggesting that it was my fault because I had been 10 minutes late (which I had not). I was not told that I was late and I must assume that my arrival was logged incorrectly or after the event.
Deafness is not easy to deal with but advice from the NHS on Access in connection with the Social Care Act makes it clear that it is the responsibility of the GP practice to ensure that all staff know about any communication disability experienced by patients and make provision for it.
After another letter the GP concerned apologised that I had not been told where to sit and assured me that staff would now be made aware of my deafness but that given the 12000 patients in the Practice it would be impossible for the reception team to know the individual needs of each patient. However it seems to me that this is what the Act requires.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 12 October 2017

The York Medical Practice replied on 22 November 2017

We were very sorry to receive your comment. As previously stated in our letter, we would like to apologise for the confusion caused at the time of your appointment. We always strive to deliver the best for our patients and are disappointed that on this occasion you feel we fell short of this. We will certainly use this event to further train our reception staff to ensure that we continue to deliver the best possible care for our patients.