The York Medical Practice

02087440220 St. Johns Health Centre , Twickenham, Middlesex, TW1 3PA

Xavier gave The York Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

The York Medical Practice

I have been registered with this practice for 29 years. I am amazed by the professionalism of both the front line staff, nurses and doctors. I cannot fault it. I feel well looked after, supported appropriately and receive excellent care.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 04 October 2017

The York Medical Practice replied on 05 October 2017

Thank you very much for your comment; we are always pleased to receive patient feedback and are delighted to receive such positive comments. Thank you for taking the time to post on NHS Choices.

Anonymous gave The York Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

immunisation appointment

I took my grandson to the surgery for his pre school booster today. We were met by the Practice Nurse.

It was great to meet such a calm and caring professional and I hope they are valued by their medical and nursing colleagues.

What would the NHS do without such dedicated and motivated individuals.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 19 September 2017

The York Medical Practice replied on 20 September 2017

Thank you very much for your kind comments. We will ensure that your review is passed to our nursing team. It is always encouraging to receive positive feedback. Thank you again.

Lucy gave The York Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Best GP Practice - bar none!

Having been a patient at this practice for my entire life - 36 years - I felt compelled to leave a review due to the consistently high standards which exceed all expectations, time and time again.

The receptionists are always so friendly and welcoming, the GPs warm and compassionate with an added personal touch whilst remaining professional to the last.
The nurses are all amazing, they make you feel very relaxed and safe in their hands and are excellent with my children.

Whatever the problem, it is diagnosed and treatment provided within a short appointment time, such is their extensive medical knowledge and super efficiency.

I could not rate this surgery any higher, having been there through all sorts of illnesses, emergencies, minor and major, they never let you down and you always feel like they truly care about you as an individual as well as a patient.

Truly outstanding!

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 21 September 2017

The York Medical Practice replied on 26 September 2017

Thank you so much for your very kind review. We are so pleased to receive such positive feedback and are delighted that you are happy with the service we provide. Thank you again.

Anonymous gave The York Medical Practice a rating of 3 stars

Access

I have been a patient at the York Medical Practice for 43 years and this is my first complaint about any part of the NHS. As a result of my deafness and the fact that I was not told to sit outside the right room, I failed to hear my name when it was called by the doctor and after 20 minutes the receptionist told me that the doctor would not see me now. When I wrote a letter of complaint, the doctor involved replied a month later making no apology but suggesting that it was my fault because I had been 10 minutes late (which I had not). I was not told that I was late and I must assume that my arrival was logged incorrectly or after the event.
Deafness is not easy to deal with but advice from the NHS on Access in connection with the Social Care Act makes it clear that it is the responsibility of the GP practice to ensure that all staff know about any communication disability experienced by patients and make provision for it.
After another letter the GP concerned apologised that I had not been told where to sit and assured me that staff would now be made aware of my deafness but that given the 12000 patients in the Practice it would be impossible for the reception team to know the individual needs of each patient. However it seems to me that this is what the Act requires.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 12 October 2017

The York Medical Practice replied on 22 November 2017

We were very sorry to receive your comment. As previously stated in our letter, we would like to apologise for the confusion caused at the time of your appointment. We always strive to deliver the best for our patients and are disappointed that on this occasion you feel we fell short of this. We will certainly use this event to further train our reception staff to ensure that we continue to deliver the best possible care for our patients.

Lucy gave The York Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Truly excellent surgery

This is by far the best doctors surgery I have ever come across. The doctors are all excellent and always sympathetic. The reception staff are very polite and helpful and the appointments system is extremely efficient - i have always been able to get a same day consultation with the doctor when needed whether by phone or in person. All round excellent!

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 28 February 2017

The York Medical Practice replied on 01 March 2017

Dear Lucy
Thank you very much for your kind comments. We are always happy to receive patient feedback and are delighted that you are happy with the care that we provide and the systems that we have in place. Thank you again.

Sue Boulton gave The York Medical Practice a rating of 2 stars

Prescriptions

Like one of the previous reviewers the surgery cannot get its act together with regard to prescriptions. I ordered 2 items and one of the items had not been prescribed. As this is an ongoing problem, I decided to phone the practice; the doctor I spoke to was less interested on how the problem could be solved and immediately made the complaint very personal, stating the reason for the prescription not being done was because I hadn't been for a blood test (which I had). The attitude is less one of helpfulness and more it is not our fault but yours. The reception staff are rude, and judging from the mess that is continually made of the prescriptions are not trained to do the job properly.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 14 December 2016

The York Medical Practice replied on 12 January 2017

We are sorry to hear that you have had problems with your prescription. We always endeavour to offer our patients an efficient service and are sorry that you do not feel this has happened on this occasion.
The vast majority of our prescriptions are issued correctly within the 2 working day timeframe and our reception staff undergo rigorous training to ensure as a Practice we continue to achieve this.
As you are aware, we have already discussed this with you and hope that the problem will not recur.

Anonymous gave The York Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Superb attention and response when in considerable pain.

I was referred from Teddington Hospital which I attended for the drop-in centre. I spoke to a GP immediately, was given an appointment the following morning, was fully examined, given what seems completely appropriate advice. I was also told what to do if the condition worsens or if I need more painkillers. Completely satisfactory [or it will be when the pain goes and I can walk properly again!] and very easy. Thank you.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 15 September 2016

The York Medical Practice replied on 28 September 2016

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments. We are delighted that you are happy with the service you received - it is always reassuring to receive positive feedback.

Libby gave The York Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic Surgery

I would not like to call myself 'a regular attender' but over the last few months I have seen a noticeable change in the practice;

* appointment availability has improved
* information on service
* website updates
* email communication
* a new triage system is in place
* alternative services offered by teaming up with other practice 'HUB'

I have always found the staff to be friendly and helpful and would like to thank them for their support and dedication to the job.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 09 March 2016

The York Medical Practice replied on 28 September 2016

Thank you for your positive comments. We are constantly striving to improve our services and are delighted that you are happy with the recent improvements made. Thank you for the comments regarding our staff, it is always helpful to receive patient feedback.

James Sacre gave The York Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Patient experience

A first class service from telephone receptionists through Practice nurses, Phlebotomists, ancillary staff and of course doctors themselves: forever cheerful and reassuring. Bravo!

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 10 February 2016

The York Medical Practice replied on 23 February 2016

Thank you very much for your comments. It is always pleasing to receive patient feedback and we are delighted that you are pleased with our service. Your comments are very much appreciated.