The Allerton Road Surgery

02088022882 34A Allerton Road, Stoke Newington , London, Greater London, N16 5UF

Unsafe, arrogant and cocky

Initially moving to the area 3 years ago I was very impressed. This had been the best GP practice I had had. In the last year the reception staff have become ruder, my last session was with a Locum who was arrogant and rude and did not take my concerns into account. There was utterly no empathy and dangerous disregard for my concerns which have led to my condition deteriorating dangerously. The 2 female lead GPs are very good but are very popular so it be some time before an appointment to see them. It is worth the wait though if you are able.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 26 January 2018

The Allerton Road Surgery replied on 15 February 2018

I would like to apologies if you feel our service has fallen below your expectations. We hold patient satisfaction amongst our highest priorities, second only to safety and effective care. We use all feedback, whether positive or negative to inform as learning tools.

I was obviously very disappointed to read your comments about your experience with the locum GP you have seen. I can assure you that all our GP’s are fully committed to providing all our patients with the very best care and attention possible and I am sorry you do not feel that this has been the case.
If patients are unhappy about any aspect of their care we do encourage them to raise the issue with us directly as soon as possible; in that way we can look into the matter and ensure it is resolved quickly.
Lastly – we are sorry to hear that you found the reception staff rude. This is disappointing as we aim for our reception staff to be friendly and welcoming and this has been frequently commented on by patients. We have fed this back to the team and continue to work with our team to try and enhance the welcome we offer. Thank you for your kind comments regarding the two female GPs. If you would like to discuss this further with the Practice Manager please contact the surgery to arrange a meeting

Experiences since the Hurley takeover

Disorganised (skripts and other documents go missing, repeatedly)
No continuity - very high staff turnover, no chance seeing same dr twice
Not health SERVICE - business interest override patient interest. Though individual members if staff (locum doctors and admin) may act face to face in a professional manner, there is evident culture of profound disrespect towards the patient, who are treated as funding fodder and subjected to investigations without consent

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 01 March 2018

The Allerton Road Surgery replied on 21 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment on NHS Choices.

As I am sure you will appreciate it is difficult for me to investigate the issues you have raised unless I have specific information to fully investigate the concerns raised. With this in mind if you would like to contact the surgery to book a meeting with the Practice manager, I will be happy to discuss the matter in more detail with you.

Anonymous gave The Allerton Road Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Wonderful surgery.

I have been using this surgery over last few years and am so happy that I have this as my local clinic. Having been informed recently of this NHS Choices review facility I felt compelled to relay my thanks and appreciation for my Doctor is particular but also other doctors I have seen and also the nurse and reception team. There is a ethos it seems to me at this surgery of respect for the patient but also compassion, friendliness so that when I have had occasion to attend for issues that maybe needed a little more time with the Doctor I have never been made to feel rushed and also felt genuinely cared about and for which was truly appreciated. As mentioned above this has been true of appointments with my Doctor but also with others doctors I have seen at the surgery and also the nurse who is lovely. Reception I find are always efficient and curteous and helpful going the extra mile to try and offer choices for appointments to suit around my work times. A really good team and well run surgery.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 14 May 2017

The Allerton Road Surgery replied on 17 May 2017

Many thanks for your comments about the practice and staff. We are delighted to hear that you are happy with the service we provide. We welcome all feedback from our patients and greatly appreciate your positive comments.

Thoroughly unreliable

I have been a patient for many years and the service has deteriorated. My repeat prescriptions are never ready despite the fact that I always give at least 72 hours notice with a written request. Other letters and reports frequently go missing and are not to hand in the file. I never get called back for follow ups even though I am told that I will be for conditions which need monitoring or to receive results. The turnover of locums is unsatisfactory as there is little continuity of treatment. Appointments are always several weeks ahead. Although the reception staff are friendly it is clear that the administration is very poor.

Visited in December 2016. Posted on 01 February 2017

The Allerton Road Surgery replied on 07 February 2017

We are sorry to read your comments regarding Allerton Road Medical Centre. We encourage our patients to let us know if they experience any problems as soon as they occur so that we can investigate what has happened and put measures in place to eliminate them. Please contact the practice manager to discuss the issues raised in more detail so that we may investigate fully and take appropriate action. In the meantime we would like to thank you for your kind comments about the reception staff

Zoe gave The Allerton Road Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Reliable GP surgery

I joined here after moving to the area recently, after having being at a few bad practices from where i used to live, so i check the reviews on here and joined. I have found this surgery very profession, i always get an appointment when needed, the reception staff are really friendly and useful.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 21 November 2016

The Allerton Road Surgery replied on 03 January 2017

Many thanks for your feedback about the practice. We are delighted to hear that you are happy with the surgery. We are continually looking at ways to improve the service we provide and appreciate your positive comments

Suzi gave The Allerton Road Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Very good GP service

I am moving away from area shortly, but this has been my GP practice for the last 4 years - and I've found it to be the best GP practice I've been with in the 13 years I've lived in London. Reception staff are professional and friendly, GPs and nurses the same and take queries seriously.

I would recommend this practice and can only hope my new GP practice is as reliable.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 01 June 2017

The Allerton Road Surgery replied on 28 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our practice; I was extremely pleased to read such positive feedback about all the staff at the surgery .

We have been working very hard to make improvements in relation to the care and service we provide to our patients and it was therefore pleasing to read your very positive comments about the care you received.

Thank you for your kind comments which I will certainly pass on to the practice team.

Eve davies gave The Allerton Road Surgery a rating of 4 stars

I am treated with a lot of respect

The doctors change a lot but I have been treated with a lot of respect, always get appointments as soon as I ring up, the staff a very helpful and understanding,

Visited in June 2016. Posted on 03 October 2016

The Allerton Road Surgery replied on 03 November 2016

Thank you for your positive comments regarding Allerton Road Medical Centre. One of our permanent GPs is currently on maternity leave, wherever possible we try to get locums that are familiar to the practice and our procedures. We are also in the process of recruiting more permanent doctors.