Fieldhead Surgery

01132953410 65 New Road Side, Horsforth , Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS18 4JY

Excellent Local Surgery

I have never had a problem getting an appointment on a morning when I need to be seen quickly, or online when booking less urgently.

The staff are helpful, everything runs smoothly and the Doctors are great.

Excellent surgery overall,l would recommend.

Visited in September 2018. Posted on 05 September 2018

Fieldhead Surgery replied on 17 September 2018

Thank you for your lovely comments which I will pass on to our Practice Team. Please do not hesitate to let us know if we can be of service in the future.

Anonymous gave Fieldhead Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Rubbish surgery and disgraceful service

This is by far the worst surgery I have ever attended. I have been attending this surgery for over a year now and I have had nothing but trouble with them from my very first visit. My first visit to the surgery was supposed to be a simple switch over from my old gp due to moving home, upon visiting the surgery for the first time I was instantaniously stripped of all but one of my repeat prescriptions with no good reason whatsoever causing me unnecessary stress and anxiety. I was then confronted by a rude obnoxious receptionist who had no sympathy whatsoever for my situation which I was trying very hard to rectify, her response to my situation was to tell me that if I didn't like it then I should go find another surgery! Since the apauling treatment that I received upon joining this surgery I have had to endure countless other problems that have resulted in me feeling so unhappy that I would rather go without treatment altogether than set foot back in this GP practice. It is small dingy and extremely difficult to get an appointment. I called up at 8am on the dot first thing on a Monday morning and was yet again confronted by the same condescending receptionist only to be told that they could only offer me one appointment at the end of the day as all the other appointments had been taken when the surgery had literally just opened two minutes prior to my call, I was also told that there was only one doctor in all day which I think is absolutely ridiculous for a Monday which is probably one of the busiest days of the week for Doctors surgery's. I feel as though I have given this surgery more than enough of my time and patience and will definitely be looking to move on to a new practice as soon as I possibly can.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 06 August 2018

Fieldhead Surgery replied on 07 August 2018

I am sorry that you were unhappy with the service you received from the Practice.

We would not stop a repeat medication without reason and I am sure that normal protocols would have been followed. When a patient registers from another Practice the repeats are not automatically activated so it could have been this that you are referring to or perhaps a GP reviewed the medication and felt that alternatives were better.

I am surprised that you found our reception staff rude and obnoxious as the staff always receive excellent feedback despite working under difficult circumstances sometimes with people who are rude and abusive towards them.

I am actually proud of the fact that patients can still get same day appointments with our Practice, albeit they were afternoon appointments that were available. At the time of your review, I can see that there were a number of afternoon appointments available the same day and also morning appointments available for the following day. In terms of there being only one GP working I would like to point out that this was in addition to a very experienced nurse practitioner who can deal with the majority of conditions that a GP can deal with, the exception being the issuing of sick notes.

In terms of the premises, you will be aware that when you registered we were limited on size and space and we have been working with NHS England for some time to obtain funding to extend and refurbish the Surgery. The majority of our patients like the traditional feel of our building and are fully supportive of us staying in our current location.

Thank you for taking the time to leave comments and I wish you well with your new GP Practice.

Yorky369 gave Fieldhead Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Must be one of the best practices in Leeds - excellent

I am a longstanding patient at this practice and would fight tooth and nail to stay here.

The reception staff are amazing - having such a great frontline service makes a huge positive difference. They are caring, responsive and always do their best to be flexible on your behalf.

You then have the G.Ps and nursing staff - all of whom, in my experience - not only get to know you and understand your specific circumstances, but regularly go the extra mile for you.

You hear so many stories of unresponsive and inflexible practices - BUT this most surely is NOT one of them. It is an example of a truly aspirational practice which consistently strives to do its best for its patients who lie at the centre of the way in which they operate. I just wish other practices could learn from this one.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 26 June 2018

Fieldhead Surgery replied on 02 July 2018

Thank you for the lovely comments. We are so pleased to hear that you are happy with the service we provide. As you know, the NHS is increasingly struggling with increased demands and at Fieldhead we are trying our very best to manage this and not impact on our patients.

I will pass your feedback on to the Practice Team.

Anonymous gave Fieldhead Surgery a rating of 1 stars

rubbish surgery and rude

I agree with the persons comment on the 6th aug. Ive been with the surgery for few years now and still have not gotten anywhere with my anxiety etc. only 2 doctors who are ok. other doctors put things in your head and the nurse does the tottally opposite what you want doing she got asked to look at my ears but used this object to clean them out and she hurt my ears i complained to the dr and infuture i shall go to ent where they use proper instruments since that day ive had issues witrh my ears and she gave me an injection which i didont know about that i should of had. The appoinemtents are hard to get with the drs. and a couple of receptionists are rude over the phone or face to face. when you aks them to do something for you such as a letter they say the opposite and are not really helpful when they know what to do as they have done me letters in the past. my partner has recenlty had a follow up with his nurlolgist only to find out his gp had increased his medication too quick and he is not happy. i saw the surgerys repose to the lady/man on the 6th aug saying yourselfs get spoken rudley etc what do u expect what comes around goes around !

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 03 September 2018

Fieldhead Surgery replied on 03 September 2018

I am sorry that you are upset with the service you have received from us. If you would like to email me you details to enable me to look in to your complaint you can do so, my email address is lisa.boardman@nhs.net

A satisfied patient

I have been with this surgery for the past 3 years. I am not a frequent attender but because of my age am invited for checkups flu vacs etc. I have never had a problem with booking an appointment or requesting a repeat prescription and now that this can be done online it's even easier. The staff are always helpful and friendly. The consultations which I have had with doctors have generally resolved my problems or resulted in appropriate referrals. I am truly a " satisfied patient".

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 21 December 2017

Fieldhead Surgery replied on 22 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a positive comment, I will pass this on to the team. We try really hard to do the very best for all of our patients and am pleased that you have seen the results of this.

Do not hesitate to let us know if we can assist you in the future.

Helen gave Fieldhead Surgery a rating of 2 stars

Turned out to make way for people who don't yet live here!

Though this surgery is the second closest to my new address and it is where my family is currently registered I was told we cannot stay registered here when we move to LS16. Apparently new houses are being built and places are reserved for those people who don't even live here yet!
Existing patients have to go because new people are expected. I'm very disappointed. The receptionist said I have to go to one that is further away from my new address, when NHS Choices clearly shows that Fieldhead is a good match for me.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 17 July 2017

Fieldhead Surgery replied on 22 August 2017

Many thanks for your comments. The Practice have a boundary that is agreed with the local commissioning organisation and LS16 is not in our area. We don't reserve places for people but have to register people that live within our boundaries. If you have not yet registered elsewhere, if you email me your details and new address I can look in to this issue for you.

Fantasic

Got an appointment very easily and the Dr was great. Thanks for a great local surgery.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 16 May 2017

Fieldhead Surgery replied on 26 May 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. I am pleased that you were happy with the services we provide. We try extremely hard to provide an excellent service and probably more importantly care about the patients we look after.

Please do not hesitate to let us know if we can be of assistance in the future.