Fieldhead Surgery

1. Review titled Caring doctor, good time keeping

by Anonymous - Posted on 28 November 2019

I am new to this practice and had my first appointment there today. Just thought it worth saying that I was impressed with the very pleasant doctor I saw and could not fault their service or time-keeping.

Visited November 2019

Replied on 16 January 2020

Thank you so much for your comments which I will pass to our Practice Team. Im sorry for the delay in responding to you! If you require any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us.

2. Review titled An Excellent Small Local Surgery

by Paul Tasker - Posted on 14 August 2019

I have been a patient at this surgery for over 60 years and what makes it extremely special is its small size and resultant highly personalised treatment and care. Because the number of doctors here is small it is nearly always possible to book an appointment with your own chosen GP which, in this day and age, is something of a luxury. The continuity of care this affords you is priceless. I have always received most excellent attention at this surgery both from the medical staff and from the receptionists who have always been extremely helpful. For me this surgery is local so I am able to pop in and out as necessary. I would not trade this for one of the new mega-large facilities in which you can never get your own choice of doctor. Everyone I know who uses Fieldhead also feels the same. I hope the new plans for modernisation and extension are passed soon so that loyal patients can benefit from updated facilities the medical staff deserve to work in.

Visited August 2019

Replied on 14 August 2019

Thank you for your lovely comments which I will pass on to our team. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require assistance in the future.

3. Review titled Excellent surgery

by Anonymous - Posted on 22 July 2019

This surgery is the very best, and I don't mean that casually. I moved to this area 24 years ago when my children were young and I have never, ever had a reason to complain about a single thing. I can always get an appointment within days/1 week and the staff have always been courteous and kind. When I was having a bout of extreme pain due to kidney stones a couple of years ago, the receptionist managed to get me in within a couple of hours. The surgery is small and very personable and in fact, when my children grew up (they are now in their 30's), and moved a bit further away, neither of them wanted to change surgery as they found Fieldhead Surgery to be so good. What better recommendation can you get, than that. Keep up the good work Fieldhead, you deserve the hoped-for extension to the surgery.

Visited May 2019

Replied on 22 July 2019

Thank you for your lovely comments which I will pass on to the team. Do let us know if there is anything we can assist with in the future.

4. Review titled Excellent Local Surgery

by Anonymous - Posted on 05 September 2018

I have never had a problem getting an appointment on a morning when I need to be seen quickly, or online when booking less urgently. The staff are helpful, everything runs smoothly and the Doctors are great. Excellent surgery overall,l would recommend.

Visited September 2018

Replied on 05 September 2018

Thank you for your lovely comments which I will pass on to our Practice Team. Please do not hesitate to let us know if we can be of service in the future.

5. Review titled Rubbish surgery and disgraceful service

by Anonymous - Posted on 06 August 2018

This is by far the worst surgery I have ever attended. I have been attending this surgery for over a year now and I have had nothing but trouble with them from my very first visit. My first visit to the surgery was supposed to be a simple switch over from my old gp due to moving home, upon visiting the surgery for the first time I was instantaniously stripped of all but one of my repeat prescriptions with no good reason whatsoever causing me unnecessary stress and anxiety. I was then confronted by a rude obnoxious receptionist who had no sympathy whatsoever for my situation which I was trying very hard to rectify, her response to my situation was to tell me that if I didn't like it then I should go find another surgery! Since the apauling treatment that I received upon joining this surgery I have had to endure countless other problems that have resulted in me feeling so unhappy that I would rather go without treatment altogether than set foot back in this GP practice. It is small dingy and extremely difficult to get an appointment. I called up at 8am on the dot first thing on a Monday morning and was yet again confronted by the same condescending receptionist only to be told that they could only offer me one appointment at the end of the day as all the other appointments had been taken when the surgery had literally just opened two minutes prior to my call, I was also told that there was only one doctor in all day which I think is absolutely ridiculous for a Monday which is probably one of the busiest days of the week for Doctors surgery's. I feel as though I have given this surgery more than enough of my time and patience and will definitely be looking to move on to a new practice as soon as I possibly can.

Visited August 2018

Replied on 06 August 2018

I am sorry that you were unhappy with the service you received from the Practice. We would not stop a repeat medication without reason and I am sure that normal protocols would have been followed. When a patient registers from another Practice the repeats are not automatically activated so it could have been this that you are referring to or perhaps a GP reviewed the medication and felt that alternatives were better. I am surprised that you found our reception staff rude and obnoxious as the staff always receive excellent feedback despite working under difficult circumstances sometimes with people who are rude and abusive towards them. I am actually proud of the fact that patients can still get same day appointments with our Practice, albeit they were afternoon appointments that were available. At the time of your review, I can see that there were a number of afternoon appointments available the same day and also morning appointments available for the following day. In terms of there being only one GP working I would like to point out that this was in addition to a very experienced nurse practitioner who can deal with the majority of conditions that a GP can deal with, the exception being the issuing of sick notes. In terms of the premises, you will be aware that when you registered we were limited on size and space and we have been working with NHS England for some time to obtain funding to extend and refurbish the Surgery. The majority of our patients like the traditional feel of our building and are fully supportive of us staying in our current location. Thank you for taking the time to leave comments and I wish you well with your new GP Practice.

6. Review titled Must be one of the best practices in Leeds - excellent

by Yorky369 - Posted on 26 June 2018

I am a longstanding patient at this practice and would fight tooth and nail to stay here. The reception staff are amazing - having such a great frontline service makes a huge positive difference. They are caring, responsive and always do their best to be flexible on your behalf. You then have the G.Ps and nursing staff - all of whom, in my experience - not only get to know you and understand your specific circumstances, but regularly go the extra mile for you. You hear so many stories of unresponsive and inflexible practices - BUT this most surely is NOT one of them. It is an example of a truly aspirational practice which consistently strives to do its best for its patients who lie at the centre of the way in which they operate. I just wish other practices could learn from this one.

Visited May 2018

Replied on 26 June 2018

Thank you for the lovely comments. We are so pleased to hear that you are happy with the service we provide. As you know, the NHS is increasingly struggling with increased demands and at Fieldhead we are trying our very best to manage this and not impact on our patients. I will pass your feedback on to the Practice Team.

7. Review titled rubbish surgery and rude

by Anonymous - Posted on 03 September 2018

I agree with the persons comment on the 6th aug. Ive been with the surgery for few years now and still have not gotten anywhere with my anxiety etc. only 2 doctors who are ok. other doctors put things in your head and the nurse does the tottally opposite what you want doing she got asked to look at my ears but used this object to clean them out and she hurt my ears i complained to the dr and infuture i shall go to ent where they use proper instruments since that day ive had issues witrh my ears and she gave me an injection which i didont know about that i should of had. The appoinemtents are hard to get with the drs. and a couple of receptionists are rude over the phone or face to face. when you aks them to do something for you such as a letter they say the opposite and are not really helpful when they know what to do as they have done me letters in the past. my partner has recenlty had a follow up with his nurlolgist only to find out his gp had increased his medication too quick and he is not happy. i saw the surgerys repose to the lady/man on the 6th aug saying yourselfs get spoken rudley etc what do u expect what comes around goes around !

Visited March 2018

Replied on 03 September 2018

I am sorry that you are upset with the service you have received from us. If you would like to email me you details to enable me to look in to your complaint you can do so, my email address is lisa.boardman@nhs.net