Cumberland House Surgery

01625428081 Cumberland House, Waters Green Medical Centre, Sunderland Street , Macclesfield, Cheshire, SK11 6JL

P.D gave Cumberland House Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Together with my family I have been with Cumberland House Surgery for thirty four years.
Throughout all these years we have received exemplary care from everyone we have met.
The doctors,nurses and all the support staff have shown the highest level of expertise combined with unfailing care and compassion.
We feel very fortunate to be patients of such a practice.
One which,in our opinion,is a shining example of the NHS at its best
Thank you all.

Visited in July 2018. Posted on 10 July 2018

Crezi gave Cumberland House Surgery a rating of 1 stars

No Appointments-No flexibility, Cannot get past Receptionist

Truly unhelpful appointment system. No appointments available for the next 3 weeks but If you call at 8am in the morning then you might get lucky.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 14 May 2018

Anonymous gave Cumberland House Surgery a rating of 3 stars

Excellent Doctors but poor communication

I have had an excellent experience with the doctors at this surgery, particularly two that i've seen - They are extremely professional, caring and reassuring.

Unfortunately there seems to be a huge organisation and communications issue with this surgery. The reception staff never seem to be able to pick the phone (short-staffed?) and it is really hard to try and get hold of somebody. On one occasion, it took me 3 days and x15 phone calls to finally be able to book a nurse appointments to remove 5 stitches, so better for you if you work part-time or like to hang on the phone for hours. I have also had my blood tests lost on one occasion which is particularly alarming.

The front desk reception staff is nonetheless really friendly and welcoming.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 10 April 2018

Marie Foy gave Cumberland House Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care

It is only during a serious illness that the care and attention given by the NHS in general and this practice in particular can be fully appreciated. I am grateful for everything that has been done for me by the doctors, nurses and admin staff and value their work. In terms of the GPS, their genuine concern for me was apparent, and of course they communicated with the hospitals, following up my treatment. Thank you.

Visited in November 2017. Posted on 17 December 2017

Poor service..

Very unhappy with the service I received from this doctors surgery. I have been with them for 10+ years and now have decided to leave them due to the poor service I received. To receive any treatment it is very difficult and my daughter has been struggling for a while now and was declined help. Luckily from swapping surgeries she was quickly given treatment. Not very trustworthy and it seems like the doctors do not even empathise or actually give you the correct medication. They need to improve!

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 02 October 2017

Cumberland House Surgery replied on 02 October 2017

I am sorry that you have felt the need to put your concerns about the practice onto this website. We take all comments and complaints very seriously at the practice and there are notices and leaflets around the practice asking for these to be forwarded to the Practice Manager so that they can be dealt with. We would welcome a discussion with you about this matter, please contact the practice so that we can address your concerns.

Anonymous gave Cumberland House Surgery a rating of 1 stars

called 15 times either disconnected or no one answer.

called 15 times either disconnected or no one answer.thank God I'm still alive.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 01 November 2017

Cumberland House Surgery replied on 02 November 2017

I am sorry that you have had difficulty contacting the practice. Unfortunately this afternoon we have had a problem with our main telephone number, where all of the phones and PCs in reception crashed. This problem was logged with our IT Department.

We do list direct dial telephone numbers for the Practice Manager and Secretaries on our website which is www.cumberlandhousesurgery.nhs.uk
I am sorry that you felt that you needed to put your comment on this website rather than contacting us directly through one of these numbers.

Anonymous gave Cumberland House Surgery a rating of 2 stars

Tardy and poor communication

Telephone contact to GP to save appointment took 1 week; slow to respond in most matters. Nurse/GP communication leaves much to be desired; nurse availability restricted. Considerable room for improvement. Some GPs very helpful though.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 08 April 2017

Cumberland House Surgery replied on 14 November 2017

Please accept our apologies. We are sorry that you have had cause to complain about your consultation at Cumberland House Surgery. We take all complaints seriously and in order to investigate your concerns further, we would be grateful if you could contact the surgery to give your name and contact details in order for us to look into the matter.

Disgusting

Disgusting how the triage 'sister' thinks they know the whole situation and says it's not important as I am on medication... it's the doctor I want to see who knows the situation. No wonder a&e are in crisis. I will be putting in a complaint through PALS.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 27 February 2017

Cumberland House Surgery replied on 10 April 2017

We are very sorry that you were dissatisfied with the advice given to you by our Practice Nurse.
If you would like to contact our Practice Manager directly we would be happy to discuss this with you.

Kat gave Cumberland House Surgery a rating of 1 stars

Left feeling like a hypochondriac and a time waster

After attending A&E with a back complaint I followed up with an appointment as recommended by the consultant at A&E so I booked an appointment at Cumberland house.

The Dr who examined me proceeded to contradicted the advise given to me by the specialist that examined me earlier that week at A&E. I must point out I have no issue with this as the advise may or may not of been correct.

The problem was the bed side manner and general behaviour of the GP that examined me that day. I find a visit to the doctor on the rare occasions I have visited one very stressful and this one did nothing much to help. have to say I left feeling chastised, berated and dejected. I could proberbly conjure up a few more adjectives, nouns and verbs describing how I felt but I think the above will suffice.

If the objective of this GP was to reduce the number of appointment at Cumberland house it was a succcessful appointment.

I have only attended a doctor on a couple of occasions in the last 20 years and that was a follow up after an operation performed on 2 collapsed vertebrae following a spinal injury.

Appreciate are other doctors at Cumberland house and this was but just one.

Manners cost nothing, there's no need to be condescending to patients.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 13 November 2017