McIlvride Medical Practice

01625872134 The Chestnuts, 5 Chester Road, Poynton , Stockport, Cheshire, SK12 1EU

Gandaco gave McIlvride Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Satisfied patient

This practise should be used as an example of how they should be
All the staff from receptionists to senior partners are competent and a pleaseure to deal with.
Promises are kept.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 12 October 2017

Cancer diagnosis & treatment

In October 2016 I visited the practice for a routine PSA blood test. I didn't feel unwell and had no particular symptoms, so I assumed my results would be normal. Within a few days I received a very polite call to ask if I could call back to the surgery and see a doctor about the results. My GP did a further inspection on my arrival and although the doctor couldn't feel anything untoward, advised me to see a specialist urologist to check if there was anything underlying.
Within a few days I received an appointment at Macc General to see the specialist a week later. The promptness by my GP with the inspection & onward journey meant I didn't have time to think or worry about anything.

I duly turned up for my appointment with the specialist and after a very quick inspection, they informed me there and then I potentially had prostate cancer. I then had a number of further MRI scans and biopsy procedures which confirmed the early onset of prostate cancer. Within 3 months of my initial blood test via McIlvride Practice I had a radical laporoscopic prostetectomy.

My gratitude to the surgery (and in particular the doctor) can quite easily be summed up in the fact my cancer has now been removed and recent blood tests show very positive results. However my older brother who lives in a totally different area and who is not a patient of this practice, unfortunately was diagnosed too late with exactly the same cancer. This cancer has now spread to other parts of his body and is untreatable.

The practice is very well run. There are a number of ways to make appointments and the staff are very courteous, helpful & respectful. I have a good relationship with my GP, who is always very welcoming, professional and friendly

I had an appointment at the surgery yesterday and personally thanked my GP as his thoroughness undoubtedly will have added years onto my life

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 18 October 2017

Jim Finlinson gave McIlvride Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

A quiet appreciation of the McIlvride Medical Practice.

I just wanted to send my thanks to all the Doctors and staff who, over the years, have made the Family Finlinson's life that much better. From the early days to now when so much is so different in so many ways in life, it's interesting to reflect on how consistent the medical care that we have had has stayed. Various Doctors and members of staff have come and gone over the years but the overlapping standard of care has reached the stage now when it would be hard to imagine just how much better things could become. Thank you, sincerely, for just Being There.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 09 November 2017

Liz gave McIlvride Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

We really are lucky

I just feel I had to post on here after my visit to the diabetic nurse for my annual review this week. Right,well me being me I was apprehensive as I knew it was a new nurse I was seeing,that specialises in diabetes. Well I was absolutely thrilled to find a lovely lovely nurse,friendly,yet professional. I had everything,all my blood results etc explained to me and general very helpful advice. I was in with the nurse for about an hour and I couldn't fault them at all. I'll no longer fret about going for that review. Now,I'd just like to put it out there,how many people moan about not being able to be seen quickly enough,in your opinion.?? Well why do a lot of you 144 for the last two months,not turn up for the said appointments?? I just find it extremely selfish and very rude,showing total disregard for your fellow patients/residents of Poynton. What does it take to pick up a phone and say that you can't make it,or don't need it anymore. So ,please can we try to not be so rude and help free up appointments so they can be used by someone who does need it. I'm not saying they don't mess up,I've had issues this week,but they're under a lot of pressure,they really do try their best. One last mention,I ,like others didn't like telling receptionists my problems,having been assured of their confidentiality I now do,you'd be amazed at how much quicker your problem can be solved,they know who to pass you to better,you should try it.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 19 August 2017

Di gave McIlvride Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Wonderful Phlebotomist

I have had quite a few blood tests over the years, in various hospitals, and there was always a problem with finding a suitable vein. This resulted in a number of attempts before success. However, the nurse was amazing - straight in first time and I hardly even felt it. This has never happened before. Thank you.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 30 July 2017

Anonymous gave McIlvride Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Care when I needed it most

I have had several issues recently and have found the Doctors, nurses and office staff superb in supporting me. I had several emergency appointments with doctors and nursing staff and the office staff made this happen, impressive.
The quick action of the medical was vital in getting me into our local hospital with an acute illness. Recently the support post illness has also been good in checking any impact of my illness. When I was worried calm, helpful and informed support from doctors and nurses was offered.
Finally the availability of emergency appointments is well managed by the office staff even if this does mean less urgent appointments are put back a few days.
Thank you to all the staff, your care and expertise is valued.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 12 May 2017

Candice Bagley gave McIlvride Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Bloods done by the nurse (phlebotomist).

I had my bloods done today and I'm absolutely terrified of needles.
The nurse and their assistant were absolutely amazing.
They put me totally at ease, talked me all the way through it and for the first time ever I watched the procedure.
The best thing was their sense of humour. First time I've had a laugh getting my bloods done.

Visited in May 2017. Posted on 19 May 2017

Tom gave McIlvride Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Patient Care

I saw the Nurse Practitioner today and would like to say thank you for the care and professionalism shown during my appointment. I felt as though I was in very safe hands. Keep up the great work!

Visited in April 2017. Posted on 12 April 2017

Anonymous gave McIlvride Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care for elderly parents

My wife and I have elderly parents who have got increasingly frail in the last year. The doctors and nurses at the surgery have been superb in helping us look after them and making the right decisions about their care. They are very approachable and no question is too trivial. We also appreciate the help of receptionists through the telephone appointments system which works very well. Many thanks to all.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 14 March 2017

Gordon Samways gave McIlvride Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Our care in this community

In view of all the negative comments in the media with regard to the NHS in general I would like to place on record our complete satisfaction with our surgery and also that of Macclesfield District General Hospital.

My wife and I have lived in the area for some 36 years and although fortunate enough not to have needed our surgery on too many occasions when we have had to do so we have received prompt, friendly and efficient service.

Visited in February 2017. Posted on 28 February 2017