McIlvride Medical Practice

01625872134 The Chestnuts, 5 Chester Road, Poynton , Stockport, Cheshire, SK12 1EU

Excellent and personable service

I have been a patient here at the surgery for about 25 years , I would like to thank the staff and doctors who through that time have helped me . The treatment service and care has always left me feeling as though I am an individual and they understand I am not a patient number this is a credit to them. I am more than happy with the services and treatments offered and the caring and understanding of all the staff including the receptionist team who understandably have a difficult job. The new phone systems work well for appointments and save time , you only need to outline your problem not give your full medical history and if it’s personal let the receptionist know . They will help you to see the right person at the best time as quick as possible.

Visited in October 2018. Posted on 18 October 2018

Gary. gave McIlvride Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Great Service

My son had a rash on his body, we went to the chemist who told us to contact our GP,.
when I explained to the receptionist the problem over the phone we got an appointment within the hour and my son has been given medication for shingles.
Just like to say a big thank you to all the team for your speedy response which has stopped the virus and saved him a lot of pain and discomfort.

This is the second time in three months that we have had an appointment within the hour when we have had a problem.

Many thanks for your speedy response.

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 31 August 2018

Anonymous gave McIlvride Medical Practice a rating of 3 stars

Great Drs, Rude reception staff

Well What i can say lets start with the positives. Both DRs and Nurses are excellent cannot be faulted. Very helpful and very empathetic.
The reception staff on the other hand are rude, abrupt, unhelpful and become aggressive and argumentative when THEY are are in the wrong. I have never come across a reception team like it disgraceful. Absolutely no customer service AT ALL..They fail to understand that when you are calling to make an appointment to see a DR its because there is a genuine concern and you may be actually worried!!!!!
After reading other complaints on here and Google reviews it appears that the same issues/complaints are occurring "Great DRS, rude reception staff" but nothing appears to be changing, not everyone can be wrong surely?
I have been a patient here since i was a child so a good number of years and it is such a shame as it is a great little practice.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 08 June 2018

Fantastic service

All staff treated me well. Doctor was very easy to talk with . His approach gave me great confidence in the treatment I received, and I am extremely grateful for everything everyone at the surgery has done for me.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 13 July 2018

4 years of excellent service

This practice listens, they are fast to respond, keen to see you and offer advice. They are a practice of very understanding dr's and nurses who really listen to their patients. I have had excellent service since I moved to Poynton 4 years ago.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 22 March 2018

Nigel Schofield gave McIlvride Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic Service

I received great service when I attended as an emergency, prompt and caring treatment.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 28 March 2018

Extreme back pain

I recently out of the blue experience extreme back pain, the surgery accommodated seeing me a quickly as possible provided me with pain relief and were careful in helping me, as I was struggling to walk etc.

The doctors have helped refer me to a specialist and i have very much appreciate being able to do parts of this over the phone.

The reception staff and doctors are fantastic I always appreciate how good they are.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 20 February 2018

Professional kind service

I find the phone service very helpful in assessing if you need to go into the surgery to see a doctor. It's efficient and the doctors are so good at the assements an reviewing previous history to sort out and outcome.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 20 December 2017

Gandaco gave McIlvride Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Satisfied patient

This practise should be used as an example of how they should be
All the staff from receptionists to senior partners are competent and a pleaseure to deal with.
Promises are kept.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 12 October 2017

Cancer diagnosis & treatment

In October 2016 I visited the practice for a routine PSA blood test. I didn't feel unwell and had no particular symptoms, so I assumed my results would be normal. Within a few days I received a very polite call to ask if I could call back to the surgery and see a doctor about the results. My GP did a further inspection on my arrival and although the doctor couldn't feel anything untoward, advised me to see a specialist urologist to check if there was anything underlying.
Within a few days I received an appointment at Macc General to see the specialist a week later. The promptness by my GP with the inspection & onward journey meant I didn't have time to think or worry about anything.

I duly turned up for my appointment with the specialist and after a very quick inspection, they informed me there and then I potentially had prostate cancer. I then had a number of further MRI scans and biopsy procedures which confirmed the early onset of prostate cancer. Within 3 months of my initial blood test via McIlvride Practice I had a radical laporoscopic prostetectomy.

My gratitude to the surgery (and in particular the doctor) can quite easily be summed up in the fact my cancer has now been removed and recent blood tests show very positive results. However my older brother who lives in a totally different area and who is not a patient of this practice, unfortunately was diagnosed too late with exactly the same cancer. This cancer has now spread to other parts of his body and is untreatable.

The practice is very well run. There are a number of ways to make appointments and the staff are very courteous, helpful & respectful. I have a good relationship with my GP, who is always very welcoming, professional and friendly

I had an appointment at the surgery yesterday and personally thanked my GP as his thoroughness undoubtedly will have added years onto my life

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 18 October 2017