McIlvride Medical Practice

01625872134 The Chestnuts, 5 Chester Road, Poynton , Stockport, Cheshire, SK12 1EU

Anonymous gave McIlvride Medical Practice a rating of 3 stars

Great Drs, Rude reception staff

Well What i can say lets start with the positives. Both DRs and Nurses are excellent cannot be faulted. Very helpful and very empathetic.
The reception staff on the other hand are rude, abrupt, unhelpful and become aggressive and argumentative when THEY are are in the wrong. I have never come across a reception team like it disgraceful. Absolutely no customer service AT ALL..They fail to understand that when you are calling to make an appointment to see a DR its because there is a genuine concern and you may be actually worried!!!!!
After reading other complaints on here and Google reviews it appears that the same issues/complaints are occurring "Great DRS, rude reception staff" but nothing appears to be changing, not everyone can be wrong surely?
I have been a patient here since i was a child so a good number of years and it is such a shame as it is a great little practice.

Visited in May 2018. Posted on 08 June 2018

4 years of excellent service

This practice listens, they are fast to respond, keen to see you and offer advice. They are a practice of very understanding dr's and nurses who really listen to their patients. I have had excellent service since I moved to Poynton 4 years ago.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 22 March 2018

Nigel Schofield gave McIlvride Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Fantastic Service

I received great service when I attended as an emergency, prompt and caring treatment.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 28 March 2018

Extreme back pain

I recently out of the blue experience extreme back pain, the surgery accommodated seeing me a quickly as possible provided me with pain relief and were careful in helping me, as I was struggling to walk etc.

The doctors have helped refer me to a specialist and i have very much appreciate being able to do parts of this over the phone.

The reception staff and doctors are fantastic I always appreciate how good they are.

Visited in February 2018. Posted on 20 February 2018

Professional kind service

I find the phone service very helpful in assessing if you need to go into the surgery to see a doctor. It's efficient and the doctors are so good at the assements an reviewing previous history to sort out and outcome.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 20 December 2017

Gandaco gave McIlvride Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Satisfied patient

This practise should be used as an example of how they should be
All the staff from receptionists to senior partners are competent and a pleaseure to deal with.
Promises are kept.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 12 October 2017

Cancer diagnosis & treatment

In October 2016 I visited the practice for a routine PSA blood test. I didn't feel unwell and had no particular symptoms, so I assumed my results would be normal. Within a few days I received a very polite call to ask if I could call back to the surgery and see a doctor about the results. My GP did a further inspection on my arrival and although the doctor couldn't feel anything untoward, advised me to see a specialist urologist to check if there was anything underlying.
Within a few days I received an appointment at Macc General to see the specialist a week later. The promptness by my GP with the inspection & onward journey meant I didn't have time to think or worry about anything.

I duly turned up for my appointment with the specialist and after a very quick inspection, they informed me there and then I potentially had prostate cancer. I then had a number of further MRI scans and biopsy procedures which confirmed the early onset of prostate cancer. Within 3 months of my initial blood test via McIlvride Practice I had a radical laporoscopic prostetectomy.

My gratitude to the surgery (and in particular the doctor) can quite easily be summed up in the fact my cancer has now been removed and recent blood tests show very positive results. However my older brother who lives in a totally different area and who is not a patient of this practice, unfortunately was diagnosed too late with exactly the same cancer. This cancer has now spread to other parts of his body and is untreatable.

The practice is very well run. There are a number of ways to make appointments and the staff are very courteous, helpful & respectful. I have a good relationship with my GP, who is always very welcoming, professional and friendly

I had an appointment at the surgery yesterday and personally thanked my GP as his thoroughness undoubtedly will have added years onto my life

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 18 October 2017

Jim Finlinson gave McIlvride Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

A quiet appreciation of the McIlvride Medical Practice.

I just wanted to send my thanks to all the Doctors and staff who, over the years, have made the Family Finlinson's life that much better. From the early days to now when so much is so different in so many ways in life, it's interesting to reflect on how consistent the medical care that we have had has stayed. Various Doctors and members of staff have come and gone over the years but the overlapping standard of care has reached the stage now when it would be hard to imagine just how much better things could become. Thank you, sincerely, for just Being There.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 09 November 2017

Liz gave McIlvride Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

We really are lucky

I just feel I had to post on here after my visit to the diabetic nurse for my annual review this week. Right,well me being me I was apprehensive as I knew it was a new nurse I was seeing,that specialises in diabetes. Well I was absolutely thrilled to find a lovely lovely nurse,friendly,yet professional. I had everything,all my blood results etc explained to me and general very helpful advice. I was in with the nurse for about an hour and I couldn't fault them at all. I'll no longer fret about going for that review. Now,I'd just like to put it out there,how many people moan about not being able to be seen quickly enough,in your opinion.?? Well why do a lot of you 144 for the last two months,not turn up for the said appointments?? I just find it extremely selfish and very rude,showing total disregard for your fellow patients/residents of Poynton. What does it take to pick up a phone and say that you can't make it,or don't need it anymore. So ,please can we try to not be so rude and help free up appointments so they can be used by someone who does need it. I'm not saying they don't mess up,I've had issues this week,but they're under a lot of pressure,they really do try their best. One last mention,I ,like others didn't like telling receptionists my problems,having been assured of their confidentiality I now do,you'd be amazed at how much quicker your problem can be solved,they know who to pass you to better,you should try it.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 19 August 2017

Di gave McIlvride Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Wonderful Phlebotomist

I have had quite a few blood tests over the years, in various hospitals, and there was always a problem with finding a suitable vein. This resulted in a number of attempts before success. However, the nurse was amazing - straight in first time and I hardly even felt it. This has never happened before. Thank you.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 30 July 2017