The Courtyard Surgery

1. Review titled Shocking

by Sharon murphy - Posted on 10 October 2019

Doctors fine reception staff unbelievableyou useless and rude and seem clueless about the problems patients have. I suffer with depression and started to run out of tablets and called the surgery to see if my repeat prescription was available to be told sorry we are busy we will contact you. This was 2 days ago!

Visited July 2019

2. Review titled Actual GPS are great, Reception team is unreliable

by Anonymous - Posted on 03 July 2019

The level of care I've received from the GPs and nurses has always been high. The reception team is where the surgery is really let down. They have given me false advise regarding my pregnancy (not medical advice) on multiple occasions and have also failed to add notes and requests onto the system after speaking to them. This has caused me a lot of stress as well as wasted trips to get blood taken etc because they told me the wrong thing. It's like they just guess sometimes when they give you an answer just to resolve the call.

Visited July 2019

3. Review titled disappointing

by Anonymous - Posted on 15 May 2019

I have been with this surgery for a couple of years. the gps are very good with repeated prescriptions and referrals. But unfortunately, if your health becomes more complex, there is lack of skill to deal with this and little suggestions of help. My asthma provision has been the worse. my reviews were almost non existent, I had to book them. I have only been diagnosed a few years ago but had not idea of what to expect. found out recently, I should have had a plan so I can support my self correctly when my chest is worse. the asthma nurse does the bare minimum and even told me that my chest consultant should do the reviews, which is clearly wrong as reviews are meant to be done in the medical surgeries. tried another nurse, yesterday and it was even worse, and she made feel uncomfortable and unwelcome. I would have liked to discuss my lifestyle and what I can do better to help my asthma, but she made it clear there was no room for that. terrible. I will have to considering my options as I can't spend another winter without the right support.the practice manager is very helpful but not sure she knows of the kind of care you may be getting. appointments are difficult to get and often in emergencies, there is nothing available. drs. also don't read consultants letters from previous appointments.

Visited May 2019

4. Review titled Transfer of care,

by Anonymous - Posted on 31 March 2019

I have recently had an operation and have to have regular dresing changes, I canot fault the care I received from the Hospital and District Nurrse service, Now iam being cared for by a nurse of the Courtyard Surgery. A credit to her profession. the nurse seems to go that e xtra mile.lovely bouncy personality. Putting me at ease from the start. . Very informative Cant fault the courtyard.

Visited March 2019

Replied on 31 March 2019

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment on NHS Choices about the recent care you have received from our Practice Nurse. Your kind comment has been communicated to our nursing team and the rest of Courtyard staff. Once again thank you.

5. Review titled Some of the Best

by Anonymous - Posted on 21 December 2018

I have been with the practice for many years. This time the doctor I visited had one of the best patient interface and manner I have experienced for a long time. So helpful and thorough and particularly good at explaining her analysis and possible symptoms/causes/solutions. So cheery and friendly and a credit to the practice. I will add that I saw another doctor a while back who was also extremely good and such a gentleman. Finally all the receptionists prove that grumpy receptionists are a thing of the past, they are friendly and helpful.

Visited December 2018

Replied on 21 December 2018

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment about the service you have received from the GP's and Receptionists at the surgery. Patient feedback is very important to us and we are delighted that you are happy with your recent experiences. Your positive comments will be fed back to the staff. Thank you again.

6. Review titled Good luck getting an appointment

by Anonymous - Posted on 09 November 2018

Phoning the surgery has always been a nightmare, as you’re kept on hold usually more than 20minutes. When you do get through the staff are pleasant and helpful, but appointments are still often weeks later. Parking at the surgery is almost nonexistent, and I was fined for parking in a surgery marked space.

Visited September 2018

Replied on 09 November 2018

We are very sorry to learn of your recent experience at Courtyard Surgery. Since your visit we have made further improvements to our patient services. To help with busy times we have doubled our reception & administration team as well as updating our telephone system. We have also taken on 2 extra GP’s and a Physicians Associate to help with the increasing patient numbers and demands on the services. We have available on the day appointments to see a GP as well as pre bookable appointments. Unfortunately we are unable to provide patient parking at the surgery due to the lack of space and there are clear signs displayed. We trust when you next visit the surgery you will experience the improvements we have made. Thank you for taking the time to comment and we value your feedback.

7. Review titled Most uncaring surgery.

by Anonymous - Posted on 01 June 2018

Most times I have visited I get no help at all. I now have decided to avoid at all costs. Sadly no vacancies at other surgeries locally.

Visited October 2017

Replied on 01 June 2018

I am sorry that you are unhappy with the service you have received. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss further, please contact our Practice Manager Mrs Dona Stevens. All the local surgeries are accepting new patient registrations.

8. Review titled Exceptional professional and caring Practice

by Anonymous - Posted on 27 April 2018

I am new to Horsham and was finding it very hard for a practice to take me on and was told by some Practices they didn't have the capacity to take on new patients which I found quite alarming until I found Courtyard Surgery. Ranging from receptionists to doctors they were exemplary. They worked really hard to assist me with follow up blood tests and put my mind at ease. The friendly and helpful staff make the Practice what it is; a caring Practice and putting the needs of the patient first. They certainly abide by the duty of care - thank you very much.

Visited April 2018

Replied on 27 April 2018

Thank you very much for your kind comments that have been shared with the GP's and staff. We strive to offer a friendly and welcoming surgery for all our patients old and new.

9. Review titled Blood test

by Jane - Posted on 15 January 2018

I have regular blood tests, and have always felt squeamish and nervous. However the nurse who took the blood test the last time and again this month has a knack for making it a totally painless procedure. There has been no mark or bruising afterwards either. Experiences like this build up confidence in the whole practice.

Visited January 2018

Replied on 15 January 2018

Thank you very much for your kind comments that I have passed onto our Nursing Team. Positive feedback on your experience at Courtyard Surgery is very much appreciated by all the staff.

10. Review titled My GP listened and understood

by Anonymous - Posted on 22 November 2017

I had a terrible year and got myself into a state both mentally and physically. My GP listened to me offered appropriate support quick follow ups and regular contact. I was given options and was not made to feel stupid .. I was treated with dignity and respect and was treated as an individual . My GP was truly a lifesaver after I was at my lowest point

Visited October 2017

Replied on 22 November 2017

Thank you very much for your comments on the surgery. I am sorry to hear about the difficult time you have experienced personally and am happy to learn that you were pleased with the clinical care and support that you received from your GP at Courtyard Surgery. The surgery always strives to provide the best possible care and access to its patients and it can, at times, prove to be difficult to maintain the smooth day to day running of a surgery with the current demands on the NHS. We are very grateful that you have taken the time to write these positive comments about our service.