Major Oak Medical Practice

01623822303 High Street , Edwinstowe, Nottinghamshire, NG21 9QS

Poor practice

Doctor seems incompetent. The turnover of doctors a major problem. This surgery is not what I would call proficient. Changes at the top desperately required.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 21 September 2017

Major Oak Medical Practice replied on 26 September 2017

Dear Patient, I am sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with the practice. We strive to provide high standard services to our patients and one away to achieve this is by maintaining the same clinical staff for continuity of care. We have two permanent GPs for some years now and most of our Locum doctors are long term locums working at the practice for quite few months regularly. I would like to get more information about your specific experience so I would appreciate if you could contact me to discuss your concerns further.
Jacquie Mikhail
Practice Manager

Anonymous reviewed Major Oak Medical Practice

Changes needed

The GPS here indeed do not listen. Preconceived ideas about what is wrong which prove incorrect. Basic services unknown to some of them. Little care exhibited. Made to feel as if you are an inconvenience. Cannot fathom where a duty of care is with these people. On requesting an appointment with the manager I was told someone would get back to me,twice. They have not as yet and the first request was two weeks ago.
Definately not to be recommended.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 25 September 2017

Major Oak Medical Practice replied on 26 September 2017

Dear patient, I am sorry to hear of your negative experience with the practice. I would like to invite you to contact the practice and ask to speak to me directly to discuss your concerns fully.
As you did not disclose your details I'm unable to contact you so please contact me at your earliest convenience.
We always welcome any feedback from our patients and regard them as an opportunity to improve our services.

left this practice

Whilst on vacation in France I had an MI.(heart attack) on August 10th.I spent 5days in intensive care and was fitted with a stent. On the advice of the french cardiologist I remained in France with the provision of returning to them should the need arise. I was given information stating my condition should be reviewed within 4 to 8weeks by a cardiologist. On August 17 I telephoned the practice and informed of this and offered to send an email with this information. I was given an appointment for a gp on September 4 where I was told a referral would be made. In the meantime I was told I was like a car. My engine had been repaired and I should get on with my life. I stated I did not think it worked like that. On my medication it stated clearly a stent was the first step. (Effient leaflet ) For two weeks I researched my condition and found on the NHS website cardiac rehab should be offered to all cardiac patients. I found such a clinic at King's mill hospital.phoned them and was told they could have picked me up on their system as soon as I returned but needed to be referred. Rang the surgery and told to see the gp about this. The gp maintained they had no knowledge of this service and asked what did I expect these people to do. Followed by my fault for having the procedure in France(saving our NHS around £2000) despite being born and raised in edwinstowe. Told it was not necessary.This gp is well aware that I was a victim of stress and anxiety early this year. Twenty minutes I battled for this referral during which time the doctor said they noticed my frustration. I only wanted a referral to clinic 10 not the moon. Eventually the doctor said they would refer me and goodbye.
It took close to 3weeks for a cardiologist appointment to arrive due to this gp referring me as a routine patient. The appointment is for November 7th. However the staff at the rehab clinic have been as good as their word. I attend the clinic twice weekly and receive excellent care there. They help with any questions and provide an exercise class where patients are closely monitored . They are always ready with excellent advice and deal with any concerns.
I have asked staff at the practice how I make a complaint and told they will get back to me.They have not.
So after being with this practice since I was born (I am 62) I have changed as I have no faith in this establishment. Presumably there will be a message from the practice manager but that's too little too late now.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 02 October 2017

awful surgery!

I have recently changed surgeries after having enough of this awful place! Drs don't listen to you, point at their screen and say I have lots more patients to see!! I ended up having surgery after being left and left by the doctors for over 3 months in agony! They didn't believe I was in pain and he actually refused to refer me back to the hospital when my symptoms are returning after 2 years! That's why I have left its shocking, I understand reception is busy but the receptionist I saw the other morning whilst 'trying' to drop off a water sample was so rude and basically announced my problem to the waiting room and making a big deal asking if the doctor had requested it when they could see ii had filled in the form..was there any need?? Couldn't they have just taken it politely and said the nurse will call if I need treatment? Disgusting way to treat a worried patient! As for getting an appointment..forget it! I can't even say how many times I've cried with frustration at this place , well no more! Registered at my new doctors and I have an appointment on Friday! I can't even believe you have so many good reviews!!!

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 26 July 2017

Major Oak Medical Practice replied on 26 September 2017

I am sorry to hear about your difficuilties while you were registered at the Practice. The contents of your feedback have been taken into account to improve our services. Thank you.

Christine Tollervey gave Major Oak Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Heartfelt thanks

Many , many thanks to the doctor and all their colleagues who work at the Practice.When my husband needed urgent medical treatment for a heart complaint they were all very kind , supportive and helpful. My husband has now had a pace-maker fitted. Without the initial,speedy help from the doctor and colleagues at the practice who knows what state my husband would be in.
We highly recommend the practice to everyone. Again many , many thanks.
Christine and Roger Tollervey.

Visited in March 2017. Posted on 26 March 2017

Roger Brentnall gave Major Oak Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Excellent care

After visiting the doctor the treatment and care I received was excellent .

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 04 April 2017

Anonymous reviewed Major Oak Medical Practice

does anyone listen?

Attended the surgery last week for routine blood tests for NHS health check. I had made an appointment to see a gp for a separate issue. I was told the gp would not discuss the results I needed to make an appointment with a nurse and did so before I left also stating the appointment with the gp was for another issue. I saw the gp and was unsure how I felt about that to be honest. However they ordered more blood tests for which I have just been. I was greeted with "I told you the gp would not discuss the results and you needed to see a nurse". Well let me clarify, at no point did I attempt to discuss the results with the gp. Also if anyone bothered to listen or even consult my notes surely they would have seen that I had indeed made an appointment just as I had said I would. I maybe 61 but I don't think I am in my dotage yet.

Visited in November 2016. Posted on 01 November 2016

Awful customer service.

You can never get an appointment. Some of the dep doctors and reception staff are very rude ,one locus actually told me to shut up! For us they never seem to follow procedures. Was given a coil despite history f ectopic. My partner was not given routine blood or prostate check, again the hospital informed us that procedure had not been followed. Used to be amazing but now...

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 20 March 2017

Kay S gave Major Oak Medical Practice a rating of 4 stars

Just a quick thank you

I just wanted to say thank you to two particular members of staff for helping me today. I've had a few issues with the surgery previously, (and I know I can be difficult), but today.. these two lovely people took a weight off my shoulders and gave me the info I needed. So, thank you very much - It truly is appreciated and made my life that bit easier and less stressful.

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 04 October 2016

Pete Robertson gave Major Oak Medical Practice a rating of 5 stars

Minor operation

I attended an apointment for minor opp (I growing toe nail) this afternoon, and to be honest I can't thank the doctor and nurse enough, engaged in conversation, my fears etc, was told they would get things sorted and they did! First class job, no pain just gain !,

Visited in October 2016. Posted on 25 October 2016