Roserton Street Surgery

02079874231 Roserton Street , London, Greater London, E14 3PG

Vladimiros Dagkas-Ts gave Roserton Street Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Efficient, many appointments available, good doctors

As per the tile, this is a rare practice in the NHS, worth signing up

Visited in August 2018. Posted on 29 August 2018

Jakub Giminski gave Roserton Street Surgery a rating of 1 stars

The worst GP ever

My experience with one doctor at Roserton Street Surgery was stressful and humiliating. He didn't listen, jump to conclusions, treated me like an idiot. Basically laughed in my face about my condition. I felt like he couldn't care less. I had to push him to get any information at all. The worst GP ever! I do not recommend!

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 03 April 2018

Roserton Street Surgery replied on 04 April 2018

Dear Jakub Giminski

Thank you for taking the time to inform us that you were not satisfied with your consultation yesterday.

I have had the opportunity to look into the issues you raised. These are of a sensitive nature and this is not the appropriate forum within which to offer you a full explanation. However, I can confirm that the doctor you consulted with was working within his professional framework and legal boundaries when he denied your request.

Please contact me directly to arrange a meeting or make an appointment with our Lead GP.

Anonymous gave Roserton Street Surgery a rating of 4 stars

Excellent care from the nurse

The nurse took the time to listen and advise. She showed understanding and was enthusiastic about her job. She was kind with lots of knowledge about health issues.

Visited in April 2018. Posted on 02 May 2018

Anonymous gave Roserton Street Surgery a rating of 5 stars

Appointment on the same day

This is my first ever NHS GP surgery. I have recently moved to the UK. I was not sure I wanted to join the NHS as you get a lot of people saying horrible things. But when I visited this surgery I was incredible happy with the service I received from the staff. They were extremely helpful. I saw the doctor the next day and he was amazing, really listened to me and helped me with my health related problem. Just wanted to say thank you to all the staff and doctors that made me feel very comfortable.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 04 April 2018

Roserton Street Surgery replied on 04 April 2018

Dear Patient,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are pleased to have met your expectations and I will share this with all the team.

Fantastic surgery

I am upset that I no longer live in E14 because this surgery is great!
They have always been extremely competent, friendly and flexible.
Most of all I like the online assessment/request that can be put through and then someone from the surgery is going to get in touch with you.
If it wasn't that I live quite far now, I would still be with them.

Visited in March 2018. Posted on 15 April 2018

Jo gave Roserton Street Surgery a rating of 1 stars

unhelpful receptioniest

We have been registered for about 2 years here and the doctors are generally helpful but the receptionists was very useless which made the service horrible. There are many cases which we have been misguided and wasted lots of time that it shouldn't be.
My daughter who was 7 years old needed a blood test and the person at the reception booked her in with a nurse at 2:30pm on a Friday. So we took the time off because it was school time and my girl was very nervous about the test but be very brave to come in. We checked in on time and waited for at least half an hour before the nurse called and apologised that children's blood test could not carry out here. He explained that this maybe done for a new staff who didn't know this information! But I am sure I have seen the receptionist been working quite a while.
Later I called for the morning after pill for an emergency and the same receptionist who I thought recognised her voice said any GP do not offer these pills and I need to buy my own. It's my first time came across this and now I understand it's easier to go to the pharmacist but GP do offer the pill as well.
What I don't like is the way this receptionist providing the information which she didn't even know herself. So we can't always find the accurate healthcare information online and we don't want to rush to the GPs all the time for minor things and if the reception is so unhelpful and always signpost us to the wrong, and who shall we ask?So there is no apologise and they are just answering the phones.
Two months ago my son needed to be referred to the specialist due to his bad joints pains. One of the doctors said she would do but there is no any response after that. I doubt that she has ever done it. So here we go, we need to see anther doctor and wait for a response.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 08 January 2018

Roserton Street Surgery replied on 15 January 2018

Dear Patient,

Although we appreciate when patients take the trouble to communicate their concerns on this forum we also recommend approaching us at the same time so we can investigate and, hopefully, resolve to their satisfaction.

We have looked in to the incident involving your daughter’s blood test and when you contacted us, back in November, the staff member involved had only been in post for four days. We have discussed the matter and this was a genuine error as she was aware only patients over the age of 16 are eligible for a blood test in the Practice. She acknowledges her mistake and apologies for the inconvenience caused, as do I on behalf of the team. We provide our staff with all necessary training, monitor performance and address any shortcomings but occasionally mistakes occur.

As to acquiring the "morning after" pill , you were advised correctly. The standard procedure is by contact with your local pharmacy, as they are qualified to provide it. This also ensures its received promptly, given effectiveness is within a limited time frame It is currently one of a number of medications, available free of charge, to residents of Tower Hamlets.

Your son’s referral was emailed soon after the GP consultation. As the hospitals do not have the resources to acknowledge each and every one we are only aware of an issue if the patient or their carer draws it to our notice, at which time we would chase up with the hospital. This we have now done and understand our original request was not actioned. We resubmitted it on 8th Jan 18 and have now received an acknowledgement. Let us know if you do not hear in the next few weeks, although we have to be aware of seasonal pressures on their service.

One final point following an audit of your arrival and call in times, supports you having waited less than 10 mins to be seen for each appointment.

We aim to provide safe/effective care and apologies that this is not your perception at this time. If you wish to discuss these matters with either myself or a senior manager contact me and I will arrange.

Yours faithfully

Anonymous gave Roserton Street Surgery a rating of 2 stars

Extremely disappointed with the recent GP care

I'm having an ear ache and blockage for 3 weeks, affecting my well being, my hearing etc. I've been seen by 5 or more various GPs during that time at the practice. I know the doctors were doing their best and it is not easy to establish the cause until the results from the lab come back which I'm not sure has ever happened in my case. I have my biggest thanks to especially one of the doctors who was extremely helpful. Unfortunately I am also extremely disappointed by the care I've received from one of the GPs I saw who didn't think having an ear infection that has spread onto the second ear for three weeks is worth much of a concern, upon completion of my 3rd(!) course of antibiotics they suggested they prescribe me another(!) course of antibiotics until I get an appointment at the ent clinic which I said no to because if the antibiotics haven't worked yet surely I need another medication, I'm sure taking so many antibiotics is not good for anyone. I did get seen by an Ent doctor later on and the type of the infection I have doesn't require antibiotics, in fact it only makes it worse. I am dissapointed with the service I've received and I wish I was seen by ent specialist sooner.

Visited in September 2017. Posted on 22 September 2017

Roserton Street Surgery replied on 05 October 2017

Dear Patient,

I am sorry to hear of your recent experience. I have been unable to identify you from the circumstances you describe and because this was an anonymous posting. We would welcome the opportunity to look into this further with a view to helping you access services in accordance with your needs. Therefore please contact me at your earliest convenience.

Practice Manager,

Very good Team work!

I like to say the Island medical center is very good and helpful, the team staff and manager are all professional! One day my son had high temperature and I called very late to see doctor, they tried their best to book my son to see the doctor, from the phone I can feel they were take care of my son very much, I am so appreciated. And very time I visit the Island medical center, all the staff are very friendly and helpful! They did a very good job, well done!

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 12 September 2017

Roserton Street Surgery replied on 05 October 2017

Dear Patient,

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback regarding the recent services you received for your son. We are always pleased to hear of our patients’ experiences. Your comments are encouraging and motivational to read. We will share them with the whole team.

Practice Manager

David gave Roserton Street Surgery a rating of 1 stars

online call back service

Saw doc on 7 July 2017 forgot to ask for sick note at that time.12 July 2017 Filled out green online form for a call back,so I do not waste doc time. No response from admin and still waiting 19 July 2017 !!!

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 19 July 2017

Roserton Street Surgery replied on 02 August 2017

Dear David,

Thank you for bringing this matter to my attention. We were able to identify you from your posting and can confirm that a doctor did action your request and left your documentation ready for collection from the 12th July. Unfortunately, it appears that the reception team did not receive information that your note was ready and so they were not aware to contact you. We are sorry that you did not receive any communication from us and have since fed this back to the doctor concerned. We have reminded all staff of our process so that this does not happen again and we apologise for the delay in letting you know.

Anonymous gave Roserton Street Surgery a rating of 5 stars

excellent treatment from healthcare assistant today

excellent treatment today from the HCA (apologies I do not remember their name). Very professional and friendly, excellent at taking blood, appointment on time, very reassuring.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 22 June 2017

Roserton Street Surgery replied on 29 June 2017

Dear Patient,

Thank you for taking the time to feedback on your recent experience of our HCA services.

The practice strives to provide excellent care to all our patients. We will share your review with the whole team.