Dr Andreas Tobias Keyser

01513008302 45 Everton Road , Liverpool, Merseyside, L6 2EH

Kathy Carey gave Dr Andreas Tobias Keyser a rating of 5 stars

Good surgery

Have been a patient here for a long time and have no problems getting appointments.

The staff are always nice to me especially the nurse who makes me laugh and feel at ease, the nurse is a really friendly person.

All the doctor I see are very nice and caring.

If I had to leave this surgery I would be upset.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 20 July 2017

Woodnh gave Dr Andreas Tobias Keyser a rating of 5 stars

Annual hypertension check up

Seen nurse today for my check up, on time no wating they are a true professional, always has a smile and makes people laugh, and aways give you advice.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 20 July 2017

Samantha Kennedy gave Dr Andreas Tobias Keyser a rating of 5 stars

Would recommend

Since changing to the Albion surgery I have had a positive experience. I saw a Dr regularly and they diagnosed me with an illness I'd had for years, but had been misdiagnosed with by my last gp. However the gp I see now is also very good. The gp listens and isn't eager to just get me out the door after 5 seconds with a prescription in my hand. I also usually get an appt for when I want it. The only issue I have had on a couple of occasions was arriving and being told I wasn't booked in for an appointment and then to be told that I must have made the mistake about the day. Then when I proved it was the receptionists mistake was not even offered an apology and made to wait over half an hour while they slotted me in. I also find that the practice manager is never available. The times I've requested to speak to the practice manager I've been told they are not in. This is something you could look at improving so that patients feel that they can voice their concerns to someone that is available at all times. I feel the reception staff are left to deal with everything and are quite clearly not trained to do so in certain circumstances.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 01 August 2017

Poor poor poor mangement staff

Mangement staff have made this doctor's surgery very bad doctor's there is only one good doctor at this surgery me and my 3 children have been a patients at this surgery for the past 7 years and and since the management staff have changed its gone down unfriendly unprofessional and rude. Any complaints or concerns will be discussed over the main desk in reception in front of any other patients which is embarrassing I feel sorry for the receptionist who answer the phones as they are trying there best but with management staff not even responding to customer complaints after a week they are the one answering the calls and taking the ear ache do not even consider this doctors

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 08 February 2017

Dr Andreas Tobias Keyser replied on 09 February 2017

The practice does not take any out of area patients and all patients who move out of area are given a letter with clear helpful advice on how to find a new GP if they feel they cannot do so themselves, a clear time period is given in which we would ask you find a new GP.
There is a clear reason behind this. The time and drain on resources should a GP need to drive over 10 miles or more to visit a patient is not sustainable and means we cannot give our excellent care to those patients who are in area. We are obliged medico legally to care for all patients on our list therefore we have boundaries.
This policy has been in place and used for many years.

Lisa reviewed Dr Andreas Tobias Keyser

Poor poor poor mangement staff

If you don't take patients out of the area. You need to change the information on your web site as it stated the you do we were patients for the last 7 years without a problem only became an issue when practice mangement changed we have never had doctors to come out to the house so that was not the issue after receiving the letter to say we had to find a new gp I spoke directly to the doctor who told it would be fine I was left thinking I was still in this doctors only that one of my children was unwell I tried to make an appointment to be told that we were no longer patients even though a member of practise mangement was there when I had explained to reception what the doctor had said I was informed that the practise management had already made the decision but did not inform myself on every review there is always an excuse for the poor management instead of listening to the patients

Visited in January 2017. Posted on 23 February 2017

Dr Andreas Tobias Keyser replied on 02 March 2017

There is no information on our website that says we take out of area patients and this have never been in any information we display
The management has been the same for over 16 years and this policy has been in place since then, it is only at this point that it has effected you.
Please see our response below as to why we do not take out of area patients, which is essential to ensure our excellent standards of care, access and safety which you have obviously experienced during your 7 years with us whilst you where with our catchment area.
You have had clear consistent written and verbal information since you where informed you where no longer living in the catchment area. this includes 30 days period in which you remain on the books for full care whilst you find a new GP.
Poor management would be if we where not consistent and failed to provide our excellent standards of care, access and safety. Poor management is failure to apply practice policy which has not happened in this case.

Anonymous gave Dr Andreas Tobias Keyser a rating of 1 stars

unfriendly receptionists, unsuitable appointments slots

not happy with the service at all. Receptionists are rude. When asking for an appointment after your working hours - you will get booked in 2 weeks time?! Ridiculous!

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 21 October 2016

Dr Andreas Tobias Keyser replied on 09 February 2017

we are open 8.00am - 6.30pm Monday to Friday, with extended hours 6.30pm - 7.30pm every Thursday as per the national contract.
Appointments are on the system up to 6 months in advance with urgent appointments also available.

No good

Have not been sent for blood tests in 8 months and being diabetic this is no good since some people have left it has gone down hill management terrible need to get the right people in who could run this doctors

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 02 May 2017

Dr Andreas Tobias Keyser replied on 03 May 2017

Thank you for your comment, such a pity that you did not leave your name given that you feel you have health concerns so we can support you with them.

The practice has a system in place to call patients for their annual review every 12 months as per NICE guidelines for diabetic reviews, if you need seeing sooner you can of course pick up the phone and make an appointment as these are always available with the nurse. Blood tests for diabetics are not required so frequently unless yours blood sugars are too high in which place you would have been given advice and a repeat blood form by the nurse.

If you would like to call please do and we can get you booked in with the nurse, you can also visit the NICE guidelines to check your diabetes care to ensure you are correct in your assertions.

I would be more than happy to speak you as both the practice manager and nurse and would look forward to seeing you.

I look forward to seeing you soon or receiving your online request form.

Janet Keyser RCN
Practice nurse manager

It seems you have not called the practice so perhaps you will like to use our online booking service which you can manage your appointments on line so you can book any time to see the nurse if you feel you need extra support. Please see the practice website

Getting worse

Such a shame that all the staff keep leaving, maybe this is down to the practice management's bad attitude, which i have had the misfortune to experience and witness a couple of times.

The standards are continuing to slip and the poor staff work hard but are brought down by bad management. May i suggest that you look at your management style for a few hints as to why the staff keep leaving.

Also could you please check your spelling as ive noticed a few errors on your last response.

Yours
A concerned patient.

Visited in March 2016. Posted on 21 April 2016

Dr Andreas Tobias Keyser replied on 04 August 2016

May I recommend as a concerned patient you join our Patient Participation Group as we are always keen to gather the views of patients. One of our experienced reception team Theresa Wilson Deputy Practice Manager, Laura Wilson Senior Receptionist or myself would be very happy to give you the information. All our welcome to take part and we would look forward to hearing your views and involving you in our service provision.

Anonymous gave Dr Andreas Tobias Keyser a rating of 1 stars

where have all the experienced staff gone

used to be a great surgery but unfortunatly the practice manager and dr have put paid to that. all the experienced and long serving staff members have gone leaving young kids behind the desk. not the kids fault as they are just after a job but the dr and co are obviously employing the cheapest they can get and not training the kids properly. more interested in profits than patients.

this is what happens when the practice manager is also the doctors partner....

Visited in October 2015. Posted on 24 December 2015

Dr Andreas Tobias Keyser replied on 04 January 2016

Dear Madam, Sir
thank you for your comment, We are very proud that we training young staff for the NHS
Albion Surgery has been a trainig practice for over 16 years including medical students, F2 docotrs and doctors who are undertaking specialist traing to become a General Practioner. We have a strong belive that if we do not train staff then the NHS will have no staff and this is an opportunity to enusre the NHS has excellent quality trained and up to date staff to rely when our own health or that of a family member needs it.
We are very proud to extend this training role to admin staff and when Liverpool does take nursing students into General Practice then we would look to be involved in this traing too.
How very sad it must be for a trainee to see comments like this whilst undergoing their training and disheartening.
We have recieved 3 complaints this year all in relation to a senior member of staff only. non of the training staff are yet to recieve a complaint.
Sample of training undertaken by admin staff this year to date:
Information governance - keeping your personal information safe
Confidentiality - protecting your confidentiality and privacy
CPR and use of defibrillator - all staff have annual training to improve patient safety
Improved advance computer skills to improve the quality of the service we provide to you and to ensure we keep up with systems as the NHS changes
2 half day release courses run by Liverpool Clinical Commisioning Group including training on prescription handling
half day training on contract changes to ensure we are meeting the services expected
3 days training for improved system for inviting patients for their annual review
January we will move to electonic prescribing all clinical and non-clinical staff will be training.
Many staff who have undertaken part of their training with our practice our now long serving experienced members of staff from admin through to GP's