GP Led Walk-in Centre New Cross

02030492370 Suite 3 Waldron Health Centre, Amersham Vale , London, Greater London, SE14 6LD

Sharry gave GP Led Walk-in Centre New Cross a rating of 1 stars

Observed staff being very disrespectful to many patients

As I was waiting in the waiting room for two hours I saw nurses speaking to many patients aggressively, shouting at them across the room in front of other patients and generally treating them as stupid children, barking orders at them. The receptionist was lovely and trying to defend the patients. The ticket machine wasn’t working so the nurses were blaming the patients. They were obviously stressed out but their behaviour was unacceptable and very embarrassing for patients. When nurses called your name they didn’t tell you which door to go through and when I tried to engage in friendly conversation myself I was ignored. Over the two hours it wasn’t overly busy and the nurses used that time to sit in reception to talk rudely about patients. Working in the public sector myself I am shocked with this behaviour and feel so sorry for the patients, many of whom had little English and struggled to understand what was expected of them.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 09 January 2018

Anonymous gave GP Led Walk-in Centre New Cross a rating of 2 stars

Not useful

Got to the walk in centre around 6:50pm (closes at 8pm), there was a couple of people in the waiting area and a note on the reception saying they were not accepting more patients on that evening. Really?! 1:10 before it closes and no more patients?!

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 19 January 2018

Anonymous gave GP Led Walk-in Centre New Cross a rating of 3 stars

First time to the surgery

I attended because I could not get a GP appointment at my surgery, so I used the walk in service. I noticed that the environment was clean and spacious. I was very impressed with the doctor I saw, he was very attentive and pleasant, he conducted my consultation very well and was very thorough. The doctors seem very nice and attentive. Thumbs up for that. However I was very disappointed with the receptionists, the time i was there I observed that they were very rude, they had a poor attitude and very dismissive of people coming in to see them. They did not seem very bothered at assisting people with their queries, there was an occasion when a receptionist was unpleasant on the phone and this could be overheard in the surgery waiting area. Also I noticed that at times people were waiting and no one was at the desk to help them. There was no warm welcome or nice greeting when you first come in which is not a good impression when you are new to the surgery. Thanks for the help but it will make me think twice before coming back. Just some feedback particularly from new people to the surgery. I hope this is used to make positive steps as you have a nice surgery however i agree with others on here that have made comments about the reception staff. Thanks.

Visited in January 2018. Posted on 13 January 2018

Anonymous gave GP Led Walk-in Centre New Cross a rating of 4 stars

Great Doctor!

I had reservations about going here because of the bad reviews. The wait wasn't too horrendous - about an hour and fifteen minutes. The reception staff had that strange attitude you find sometimes, just leaving you standing without addressing you even when they're not busy, Barely concealed rudeness. However the doctor I saw was a completely different story. What a wonderful empathetic practitioner. This doctor was very thorough examining me, gave me a lot of their time and treated me like an intelligent human being. They gave me lots of advice and help about follow up treatment. I didn't get their name. Thank you!! I would have given five stars if it wasn't for the reception.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 01 December 2017

Great doctor thank you

One particular doctor was lovely. Really friendly and reassuring. Thank you.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 03 December 2017

GP Led Walk-in Centre New Cross replied on 04 December 2017

Thank you for your excellent comments regarding one of our Doctors. It is always good to know from patients when they have been made to feel reassured and at ease during a consultation.

Take care

Hurley at Waldron/New Cross GP Walk in Clinic

Anonymous gave GP Led Walk-in Centre New Cross a rating of 1 stars

Horrible

Rude and unprofessional staff.
such a shame certain people are the one who are suppose to look after our health.

Visited in December 2017. Posted on 31 December 2017

Thais gave GP Led Walk-in Centre New Cross a rating of 1 stars

Waste of time

After waiting for almost 5 hours in the walk in centre (the estimate time given on arrival was 3 hours), I got to see someone (probably just a nurse) who analyzed my health situation based on internet images! (I could've done that by myself). Although telling them I was suffering with cough, mucus and sore throat for 1 whole month, all they said to me is that my case is viral (based on the internet images) and they don't treat it. So, it was useless and a waste of my time, because I still need to go to the GP to get proper care.

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 16 October 2017

Brilliant walk in service

Used the walk in service. Called ahead to check opening times. Brilliant reception staff. Waited 1 hour to see GP which was much less than I had anticipated. The NHS at its best

Visited in October 2017. Posted on 29 October 2017

GP Led Walk-in Centre New Cross replied on 04 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to feedback your positive comments. I will inform the Reception Team, who will very much appreciate your very kind words.

Best wishes

Hurley at Waldron/New Cross GP walk in Clinic

Brilliant walk-in

Attended late on a Sunday as both I and my baby were ill. There was very little queue and we didn't have to wait long to be seen. The clinician was extremely thorough and efficient. I felt we were both in very good hands. Excellent to have this kind of service available in the evening when you have a poorly baby but it's not serious enough to visit A&E.

Visited in August 2017. Posted on 28 August 2017

GP Led Walk-in Centre New Cross replied on 19 September 2017

Thank you, so much for your positive comments - regarding your recent Sunday visit to the Walk in Clinic. Glad to know that you felt the Clinician was thorough when treating you and your baby.

Take care

Hurley at Waldron/New Cross GP Walk in Clinic

Very good experience

I understand that the clinic is incredibly busy, but the receptionists were clear and polite. They do not give out waiting times to anyone who requested for them (none that I have been to have done this either), but I was seen in order and in under two hours (it took an hour and 35 minutes for me), which I can say from experience was very impressive. This did not mean that they compromised on the time spent with me, I didn't feel rushed out. The clinicians were really nice and caring. I've never left a review for a clinic before because of previous bad experiences, but I felt the need to write a positive one. Thank you.

Visited in July 2017. Posted on 06 July 2017

GP Led Walk-in Centre New Cross replied on 24 July 2017

Thank you for your positive comments.

Its great that you have noted that we are a busy Walk in Clinic service and noted that we were successful in seeing and treating you in less than two hours.

Furthermore we are very pleased that you were impressed with our clinicians and Reception team.

We will relay your wonderful comments at our next meeting.

Hurley at Waldron/New Cross Gp Walk in Clinic