Fallodon Way Medical Centre

01179620652 13 Fallodon Way, Henleaze , Bristol, Avon, BS9 4HT

TL gave Fallodon Way Medical Centre a rating of 4 stars

Good so far.....

We changed to this surgery because we found it to have very good online reviews. We changed because the last surgery we were with was 'awful'! We were only there briefly thankfully! The one before that we were with for decades, but the last doctor who owned it passed away. it was his own surgery business, it closed down, so we had to go quickly to another surgery, in that last brief surgery attending as patients I mistakenly picked the wrong one, mainly because it was closer to our home. But now my rather elderly mother and I have now registered with Fallodon. And all good so far. Registration was quite quick, reception said you have to see the doctor first though before they accept you in the practice, and give you repeat prescriptions etc., but we saw the GP here, both me and my mother, the GP was super quick and efficient, and saw us both in roughly about ten minutes each consultations. Car parks a bit 'bijou' but there's plenty of off-street parking.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 21 June 2017

Fallodon Way Medical Centre replied on 26 June 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to add this review. It is always so uplifting to our hard-working staff when they receive positive feedback.

mark bishop gave Fallodon Way Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Follow up review of hospital report.

Having been admitted to Southmead Hospital with a painful blood clot in the lung a follow up report was Sent by hospital to the Fallodon Way Medical Centre. I was very quickly given the chance to review the report with a doctor who was very kind and gave me an excellent explanation of where the clot was an prescribed a course of medication. Could not have wished for a better service.

Visited in June 2017. Posted on 30 June 2017

Fallodon Way Medical Centre replied on 03 July 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to add your comment to NHS Choices. We are always happy to receive feedback, as it often helps us hone the service we offer. Having said that, we are delighted when one of our patients is so pleased with us: We do try hard to look after all our patients and it is lovely to hear when we have got it right!.
Thank you again.
The Team at Fallodon Way.

Anthony Thatcher gave Fallodon Way Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Excellent Surgery

I have been with Fallodan Way Surgery for many years. My mother was also there and had excellent treatment. I have had appointments with various Doctors and all have been wonderful. Had it not been for my allocated doctor giving me the time and compassion for my mental state I do not think that I would be here. I have had varios referals for specalist treatment within the health service for which I am grateful to the Doctors for the time given for these recommendations. The time and patience given has been exceptional. I should also mention that this includes the Nursing Staff.

Visited in September 2016. Posted on 21 June 2017

Fallodon Way Medical Centre replied on 26 June 2017

What a lovely comment to make - thank you so much.
We do work very hard to try to provide the best service we can to our patients and it is always rewarding when a patient or carer takes the time and trouble to provide feedback. Thank you.

Krunal gave Fallodon Way Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

GP feedback

Today I had a Chalazion removed in my lower right eyelid. The doctor was so polite, informative and very professional. I have visited many doctors and surgeons in the past, none of them have come close to the way this doctor delivered and made me feel assured. I travelled 3 hours to and from Bristol to make this appointment and have no regrets. Glad to have had the procedure carried out by them, they are a true asset to healthcare in UK. Thank you so much guys.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 03 August 2016

Fallodon Way Medical Centre replied on 04 August 2016

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide this feedback; we very much appreciate receiving feedback

The Team at Fallodon Way

Narges gave Fallodon Way Medical Centre a rating of 1 stars

My experience

My doctor is just fantastic. The receptionist staff are by far rude and clueless the administrative staff most often have no clue about anything. The communications between them also is very poor as if you call say at 5 and talk to one then they do not do what was promised and you call again and another person answers the phone they have not a clue and just say something completely different. They are insensitive and have not a clue the anxiety you are feeling when waiting for a result.

Visited in August 2016. Posted on 02 September 2016

Fallodon Way Medical Centre has not yet replied.

Anonymous reviewed Fallodon Way Medical Centre

Doctors versus front of surgery staff

Whilst I have no complaint about the doctors themselves, it is however extremely difficult to make an appointment without having to wait three weeks. Plus they have a computer system that prevents them from accessing available appointments during the afternoon if your enquiry is in the morning.
Receptionists are uninterested and unhelpful, they seem very glum and unresponsive if asked for information that is outside of asking for an appointment or collecting a prescription.
They don't appear to be overworked they just don't have an interest in the patients.
I feel sure the doctors have no idea how hard it is to make an appointment to see them, how long a patient has waited for the appointment and the lack of help and motivation from their admin staff.

Visited in July 2016. Posted on 03 July 2016

Fallodon Way Medical Centre replied on 13 July 2016

Thank you for your feedback. The doctors do indeed know that the wait for a routine appointment is now often three weeks. This is due to the number of patients seeking appointments and our receptionists, who do work very hard, cannot provide an appointment if there are none available to give. We are seeking an extension to our building so that we may recruit more clinicians to better meet patient demand but in the interim have gained NHS agreement to close our list to new patients so as to prevent patient numbers from growing even higher.
We are sorry that you are not happy with our service but note that according to the Evening Post poll our patients have just voted us the Best Practice in Bristol

Anonymous gave Fallodon Way Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Compassionate GPs

I'm a patient at FWMC and I feel bound to leave this review given the consistently caring and empathetic approach of the GPs here, specifically two in particular. Both have treated me and my children excellently, never rushing appointments and always listening.

Appointments for urgent matters are always available on the day and they've even squeezed my son in at 6.30pm.

Visited in February 2016. Posted on 05 February 2016

Fallodon Way Medical Centre replied on 08 February 2016

Thank you so much for taking the time to make this comment. Whilst we welcome all feedback from our patients, whether good or less so, its always very pleasant when some-one takes the time to pass on a compliment. Thank you.

The Fallodon Way Team.

Anonymous gave Fallodon Way Medical Centre a rating of 5 stars

Being a patient

Have been with this practice for at least 35 years and have enjoyed the benefits this practice has to offer in every respect. The services offered are excellent and have always inspired confidence in me and my family, not only in the usual day to day illness but also in preventative medicine and diagnostics.

Visited in October 2015. Posted on 23 October 2015

Fallodon Way Medical Centre replied on 26 October 2015

Thank you so much for taking the time to publish your comments: not too many people will do this when their feedback is good and it always nice to feel appreciated.

Fallodon Way Medical Centre